Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Re: Wiretap: Cousins Demands Trade From Kings 

Post#21 » by The Maestro » Mon Jan 2, 2012 2:59 am

don nelson wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Udoh is a nice role player/career backup and Klay is poo.

Cousins would be our most talented center in 3 decades.

Cousins is light years away from being the Warriors most productive center in three decades.

I said most talented not most productive. You should realize that since you bolded my post.

And Cousins' upside blows away any other center we've had in 30 years. He's well worth the risk of giving up a role player and a rookie who looks like ****.

What's the worst that happens? We don't make the playoffs?
Special-K
Senior
And1: 26

Post#22 » by Special-K » Mon Jan 2, 2012 3:27 am

don nelson wrote:
killacalijatt wrote:i say goo for it.
Ekpe, Klay Thompson for Cousins get er done

That's grossly overpaying for Cousins. Udoh straight up for DeMarcus is already a real stretch.

Udoh for Cousins in a NY minute. I dont want to trade for him cause hes a cancer will likely draw a decent haul so its not worth the investment, but if it truley would only cost Udoh then theres no risk there. Udoh is nothing.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#23 » by azwfan » Mon Jan 2, 2012 3:30 am

If Udoh and Thompson is all it takes, i'd be inclined to make that move.

I have a feeling houston would give up more than that.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#24 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Jan 2, 2012 3:40 am

Everyone around here wants a center, but when almost any center is brought up, there is a lot of, "I don't like his attitude", "He's too old", "He's ugly", etc. etc. If you want Olajuwon or David Robinson, you'll wait forever; nobody tends to trade those guys, for all the reasons you want them. Of course I don't like Cousins' attitude, and I'd be scared if we rolled the dice and got him. But the day we finally get a quality center, it is almost certainly going to be because we took a risk on somebody who was flawed in one way or another. I'd definitely be checking out the asking price, and at least considering it.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
don nelson
Head Coach
And1: 3

Post#25 » by don nelson » Mon Jan 2, 2012 3:56 am

The Maestro wrote:
don nelson wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Udoh is a nice role player/career backup and Klay is poo.

Cousins would be our most talented center in 3 decades.

Cousins is light years away from being the Warriors most productive center in three decades.

I said most talented not most productive. You should realize that since you bolded my post.

And Cousins' upside blows away any other center we've had in 30 years. He's well worth the risk of giving up a role player and a rookie who looks like ****.

What's the worst that happens? We don't make the playoffs?

FYI, Cousins is converting 32.1% of his field goal attempts this season which is absolutely horrible especially for a center. Biedrins by contrast is making 63.6% of his field goal attempts this season and has a PER of 22.83 compared to 16.98 PER for Cousins. Drafting based on upside is fine but the NBA is a put out or get kind of business and players need to produce to continue playing in this league. Right now the reality is Cousins has a ways to go just to be able catch up to Andris.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by The Maestro » Mon Jan 2, 2012 4:13 am

don nelson wrote:FYI, Cousins is converting 32.1% of his field goal attempts this season which is absolutely horrible especially for a center. Biedrins by contrast is making 63.6% of his field goal attempts this season and has a PER of 22.83 compared to 16.98 PER for Cousins. Drafting based on upside is fine but the NBA is a put out or get kind of business and players need to produce to continue playing in this league. Right now the reality is Cousins has a ways to go just to be able catch up to Andris.

LOL, if teams went completely by stats then Dorell Wright and Klay Thompson would have already been cut.

Cousins is well worth the risk and would be a huge acquisition by this new regime.
don nelson
Head Coach

Post#27 » by don nelson » Mon Jan 2, 2012 4:26 am

The Maestro wrote:
don nelson wrote:FYI, Cousins is converting 32.1% of his field goal attempts this season which is absolutely horrible especially for a center. Biedrins by contrast is making 63.6% of his field goal attempts this season and has a PER of 22.83 compared to 16.98 PER for Cousins. Drafting based on upside is fine but the NBA is a put out or get kind of business and players need to produce to continue playing in this league. Right now the reality is Cousins has a ways to go just to be able catch up to Andris.

LOL, if teams went completely by stats then Dorell Wright and Klay Thompson would have already been cut.

Cousins is well worth the risk and would be a huge acquisition by this new regime.

What DeMarcus Cousins has shown the most talent for so far is a bad attitude, terrible temper, a lack of maturity and a poor work ethic. The Warriors front office believes they are not that far from being a legitimate contender and a cancer like Cousins just isn't what is needed to put this team over the top. I really doubt the Kings will get an offer as good as Udoh + Klay for Cousins.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#28 » by and1GS » Mon Jan 2, 2012 4:30 am

Bad attitude and an impressive array of post moves. And I'd say it's more of a childish attitude than a bad one.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#29 » by BW32 » Mon Jan 2, 2012 4:32 am

don nelson wrote:What DeMarcus Cousins has shown the most talent for so far is a bad attitude, terrible temper, a lack of maturity and a poor work ethic. The Warriors front office believes they are not that far from being a legitimate contender and a cancer like Cousins just isn't what is needed to put this team over the top. I really doubt the Kings will get an offer as good as Udoh + Klay for Cousins.

don nelson
Head Coach

Post#30 » by don nelson » Mon Jan 2, 2012 4:34 am

and1GS wrote:Bad attitude and an impressive array of post moves. And I'd say it's more of a childish attitude than a bad one.

The results of Cousins impressive array of post moves is making 32.1% of his field goal attempts.
SDtotheBay
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#31 » by SDtotheBay » Mon Jan 2, 2012 4:38 am

BW32 wrote:
don nelson wrote:What DeMarcus Cousins has shown the most talent for so far is a bad attitude, terrible temper, a lack of maturity and a poor work ethic. The Warriors front office believes they are not that far from being a legitimate contender and a cancer like Cousins just isn't what is needed to put this team over the top. I really doubt the Kings will get an offer as good as Udoh + Klay for Cousins.

:lol: my exact reaction after reading that coupled with this

ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Wiretap: Cousins Demands Trade From Kings 

Post#32 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Jan 2, 2012 4:45 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Everyone around here wants a center, but when almost any center is brought up, there is a lot of, "I don't like his attitude", "He's too old", "He's ugly", etc. etc. If you want Olajuwon or David Robinson, you'll wait forever; nobody tends to trade those guys, for all the reasons you want them. Of course I don't like Cousins' attitude, and I'd be scared if we rolled the dice and got him. But the day we finally get a quality center, it is almost certainly going to be because we took a risk on somebody who was flawed in one way or another. I'd definitely be checking out the asking price, and at least considering it.

This is truth. See what it would take, and consider the risk, but don't automatically say "no". He is immensely talented, his poor shooting this year is after just 4 games when he is apparently at odds with the coach. I don't read much into it.

I live outside Sacramento, and part of the problem is that they really don't have much leadership there. The most dominant personality is Tyreke Evans, who has his own issues. Westphal is not a strong personality or leader as a coach, and I don't think the players respect him. If Cousins came to Golden State, he'd have a stronger organization, a more passionate and leader-like coach, and some very high-character teammates in Lee, Curry, Wright, and others. I even think Monta would be good for him, because of the way he has matured. It would be a better environment for Cousins than the mercenary one at Kentucky, or where he is in Sacramento.

I'm making a snap judgment by the way he plays the game in slow motion, and his mediocre shooting percentages in college, but Thompson is looking like a bust to me. A pretty one-dimensional scorer, even a rookie, should be able to squeeze off more than 3 shots in 26 minutes, as he did yesterday. So I'd have no problem dealing Udoh and Thompson for Cousins, and seeing how things developed.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
don nelson
Head Coach

Post#33 » by don nelson » Mon Jan 2, 2012 4:58 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:Everyone around here wants a center, but when almost any center is brought up, there is a lot of, "I don't like his attitude", "He's too old", "He's ugly", etc. etc. If you want Olajuwon or David Robinson, you'll wait forever; nobody tends to trade those guys, for all the reasons you want them. Of course I don't like Cousins' attitude, and I'd be scared if we rolled the dice and got him. But the day we finally get a quality center, it is almost certainly going to be because we took a risk on somebody who was flawed in one way or another. I'd definitely be checking out the asking price, and at least considering it.

+1. There is less risk if the Warriors try to use their cap space next summer to take another shot in free agency for an established center than giving up some actual assets for DeMarcus Cousins.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by The Maestro » Mon Jan 2, 2012 5:04 am

don nelson wrote:I think the Warriors would be better off using their cap space next summer to take another shot in free agency for an established center than trading some actual assets for DeMarcus Cousins.

But Udoh and Thompson aren't very good assets. Their stats are worse than Cousins' and you gauge players totally on stats (see your Biedrins vs Cousins post from earlier in the thread) so you should be comfortable with trading Udoh/Thompson for Cousins.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#35 » by HiRez » Mon Jan 2, 2012 5:07 am

BW32 wrote:Would be tough to put a good offer as they don't really have a bad enough contract where Kwame's expiring could be attractive.

Kwame can't be traded until March 1.
don nelson
Head Coach

Post#36 » by don nelson » Mon Jan 2, 2012 5:24 am

The Maestro wrote:
don nelson wrote:I think the Warriors would be better off using their cap space next summer to take another shot in free agency for an established center than trading some actual assets for DeMarcus Cousins.

But Udoh and Thompson aren't very good assets. Their stats are worse than Cousins' and you gauge players totally on stats (see your Biedrins vs Cousins post from earlier in the thread) so you should be comfortable with trading Udoh/Thompson for Cousins.

Many Warrior fans see Biedrins is inadequate as a NBA center but Cousins is less productive. The difference between Cousins vs Udoh and Thompson is they don't have their heads up their ass.
SDtotheBay
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#37 » by SDtotheBay » Mon Jan 2, 2012 5:30 am

Thompson is a shooter that cant shoot and Udoh is one of at least a dozen backup forwards/centers who play defense and have no offense.

If queens take that trade, do it.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#38 » by marthafokker » Mon Jan 2, 2012 5:54 am

don nelson wrote:
The Maestro wrote:

Many Warrior fans see Biedrins is inadequate as a NBA center but Cousins is less productive. The difference between Cousins vs Udoh and Thompson is they don't have their heads up their ass.

I trade Beanbag for Cousins in a heart beat. Beanbag is a has been with the help of Baron. Cousins at least has potential.

Are you saying Beanbag is BETTER today (not 3 years ago) than Cousins will in the future?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#39 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 2, 2012 6:12 am

Udoh was picked only 1 spot behind Cousins and Cousins has been a malcontent... Udoh straight up for Cousins is fair.

As much as I like Udoh and as much as a headcase as Cousins is I would do that deal - have to take a chance like that when it comes along.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#40 » by old rem » Mon Jan 2, 2012 6:15 am

The Maestro wrote:
and1GS wrote:How would a Lee-Cousins frontline pan out?

A helluva a lot better than a Lee/Udoh or Lee/Biedrins frontline.

Maybe....maybe not. You don't leap without looking. There's something strange about this.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors