ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiretap: Cousins Demands Trade From Kings

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

hellla
Senior
And1: 91

Re: Wiretap: Cousins Demands Trade From Kings 

Post#61 » by hellla » Mon Jan 2, 2012 6:43 pm

SMH at anybody that wants this dude on the dubs at all. This guy is a dick head. Keep away. Please. Even the thoughts of him being here make me cringe. That would set us back another 10 years.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
bandwagon warriors fan since 2005
"Steph Curry is like the police. You could put your hands up, but he's still shootin!" - Athletic Alchemy
coldgrip1
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#62 » by coldgrip1 » Mon Jan 2, 2012 6:51 pm

mik0 wrote:SMH at anybody that wants this dude on the dubs at all. This guy is a dick head. Keep away. Please. Even the thoughts of him being here make me cringe. That would set us back another 10 years.

Set us back 10 years how? We're not trading Monta/Curry/Lee for him. We're trading 2 role players for him. That's the proprosed scenario here.

Even with his immaturity, trading a disgruntled quality center is not as difficult as many of you think. 3/4 of the teams in the NBA want him and they want him bad. Book it.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#63 » by The Maestro » Mon Jan 2, 2012 7:08 pm

mik0 wrote:That would set us back another 10 years.

Don't worry. Lacob and Riley are already working on that.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#64 » by turk3d » Mon Jan 2, 2012 7:12 pm

Sac is not trading him for loose change, especially not to us since we're in the same division. Highly doubtful that happens so no worries.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#65 » by old rem » Mon Jan 2, 2012 7:46 pm

coldgrip1 wrote:
mik0 wrote:SMH at anybody that wants this dude on the dubs at all. This guy is a dick head. Keep away. Please. Even the thoughts of him being here make me cringe. That would set us back another 10 years.

Set us back 10 years how? We're not trading Monta/Curry/Lee for him. We're trading 2 role players for him. That's the proprosed scenario here.

Even with his immaturity, trading a disgruntled quality center is not as difficult as many of you think. 3/4 of the teams in the NBA want him and they want him bad. Book it.

Not sure about 3/4 being all that stoked. You look at that wiretap link and...frankly.....there's a big chemistry/frustration/friction thing.

I GET that if I was a FREAK talent.....I think....why are you obstructing that? Coaches can be a bit too militaristic,conformist, but, here,if Cousins thinks he's already a HOF stud....wake the Fck up ,kid, you gotta EARN that. Pay some dues. If you ARE the next big thing...you'll get there.
CENSORED... No comment.
iowarrior
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#66 » by iowarrior » Mon Jan 2, 2012 7:48 pm

If there is a Kings/Warriors trade, I think the only half-way realistic one (in the eyes of the beholder, of course) is 11 days from now when Klay Thompson can be traded and the Kings are 11 more days down the road of no return:

To the Warriors: Cousins and Garcia (a bad contract)
To the Kings, Thompson, Udoh and Dorrell Wright.

Maybe too steep for many, but to acquire a young Center with potential, this may be the cost. If the Warriors front office thinks they can bring Cousins under control, I'd make this trade.

C- Cousins
PF - Lee
SF - Rush
SG - Ellis
PG - Curry

Bench: realy poor

Gotta swing for the fences sometime.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#67 » by turk3d » Mon Jan 2, 2012 7:54 pm

I think (considering that Cousins was drafted only one slot ahead of Udoh and Cousines the one asking for out) that a Cousins for Udoh + Jenkins deal (who doesn't seem to be getting any run by Jackson anyways) would be more than fair under the circumstances and I wouldn't offer them any more than that. In either case, I doubt it gets done.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by The Maestro » Mon Jan 2, 2012 7:56 pm

I'd have no problem giving them DWright as well. That guy sucks.

Last season was clearly a career year.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#69 » by turk3d » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:12 pm

I think you're being a bit too generous Maestro. :D
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,565

Post#70 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:17 pm

It still all comes down to cost for me. Those that are saying, "Cousins sucks" or even worse "Just look at his stats this year - Cousins sucks" are being silly. Really? Going to judge a young center based on 4 games? Even if you wanted to do that, you could just as easily say, "Just look at him. He averages 11 rebounds a game. He's a monster!" He doesn't suck. He might not be an all-star. He might be too big a pain in the ass to make it worth finding out how good he really is. But he doesn't "suck". My guess is that his worst case he's still an average NBA center.

I think it is probably unrealistic to think we could get him for Udoh. The "he was only drafted one pick later" is a red herring given that:
- Most people thought it was a 5 deep draft, and that the 6th pick sucked compared to the 5th
- Many people thought we made a lousy choice with the 6th pick
- Udoh has done little to prove that he should have been taken higher

Put another way, if Sacramento puts a call out to the league saying, "Who wants Cousins? What will you give us?", does anyone really think Udoh is the best offer they'd get? Particularly given that it comes from a division/local rival?

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#71 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:21 pm

I think right now, Udoh's better than the offers they are going to get for Cousins.

Despite decent upside, teams arent going to want to pay much for the headache he's become. Much more disruptive than was publicized, for sure. Can't imagine a team parting with a quality player or prospect to land him. Only a truly desperate team would do that.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#72 » by BW32 » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:26 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:I think right now, Udoh's better than the offers they are going to get for Cousins.

Despite decent upside, teams arent going to want to pay much for the headache he's become. Much more disruptive than was publicized, for sure. Can't imagine a team parting with a quality player or prospect to land him. Only a truly desperate team would do that.

All things considered that's pretty much where Houston is right now regarding bigs. I would think they would offer alot.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#73 » by The Maestro » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:29 pm

Apparently the Nets want him as well. They're going to try and stockpile bigs/talent for a Howard trade.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:29 pm

Dalembert and Hill have been doing fine for them... theyve played 4 quality teams and come out 2-2. I dont think HOU is that desperate
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#75 » by 510TWSS » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:30 pm

turk3d wrote:I think (considering that Cousins was drafted only one slot ahead of Udoh and Cousines the one asking for out) that a Cousins for Udoh + Jenkins deal (who doesn't seem to be getting any run by Jackson anyways) would be more than fair under the circumstances and I wouldn't offer them any more than that. In either case, I doubt it gets done.

I'd agree. Until Sac sees game tape of Udoh.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:34 pm

Why does everyone hate on Udoh? He does what he does well... plays defense and + impacts our rebounding totals. Those are two valuable skills for a guy his size. He's strong defensively on the perimeter against PF and in the post against PF/Cs... great weakside help guy. I wouldnt want to part with Udoh for Cousins..
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#77 » by The Maestro » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:37 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Why does everyone hate on Udoh? He does what he does well... plays defense and + impacts our rebounding totals. Those are two valuable skills for a guy his size. He's strong defensively on the perimeter against PF and in the post against PF/Cs... great weakside help guy. I wouldnt want to part with Udoh for Cousins..

I actually like Udoh a lot and would hate to give him up but I would do it to get Cousins. DC's upside is much higher than Udoh's.

Udoh will be a very good career back up defensive 4 but Cousins could be a top center in this league for many years.

It's worth the risk imo but there's no doubt it is a risk.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#78 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:41 pm

Not me... as much as Udoh's hated, its tough to find players that can do what he does and stay on court. I think Cousins' floor game is fantastic... but I know how big of a headache he's been. There's a reason even the HC is publicly bashing the guy.

He deserves it. I think it will be a while, if ever, before he even begins to mature. I dont want any part of that process.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#79 » by 510TWSS » Mon Jan 2, 2012 8:56 pm

To me Udoh looks sluggish out there. Lacks fluidity on offense. Won't ever be much there. Defensively he's what you say. But he plays the PF position. Sure he has a + effect on team rebounds, but I want to see a lot more improvement with his individual rebounding. He just doesn't seem to have that hunger for getting boards that even a guy like Beans has. Udoh does block out however so I think that could contribute to our better rebounding numbers when he's out there. He's just slightly tardy from releasing from his man and going to get the ball.

I just feel that with Udoh, we'd still largely be the same team. At least with Cousins he has a much higher potential, plays Center, plays mean, and has a chance to be a legit all around player (with probably below-average defensive skills).

Giving up Udoh in a trade like this doesn't set us back that far imo. Drafting Udoh in the first place set us farther back imo by not drafting Monroe.
Special-K
Senior
And1: 26

Post#80 » by Special-K » Mon Jan 2, 2012 9:36 pm

I simply dislike Udoh slightly cause I dont believe he can get much better, that and also the fact that he was the 6th pick. Def a 5 man draft that year, but Monroe had more upside and Paul George could also have been the pick.

Return to Golden State Warriors