ImageImageImageImageImage

Bogut Watch - now with AdonalFoyle4Prez's poll

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

What will eventually become of Bogut this season?

Yes, he will come to play, just not right now. Just give him maybe 1-3 months to fully recover...
72%
No, he's damaged goods and will miss the entire season *sigh*
16%
Move/trade him. Milwaukee had the better end of the trade.
8%
Don't Care.
4%

Total votes: 100

blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,605

Re: Bogut Watch - out 7 to 10... years? 

Post#341 » by blazza18 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:19 am

AussieBuck wrote:This is the first time in Bogut's career he hasn't chosen to play when he should be resting. Maybe he's maturing or maybe he's stuffed.

He also doesn't have a coach calling him soft and to play ;). I'm still sure it's him being pissed off not being able to play regular minutes. And not wanting to come back till he can.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#342 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:35 pm

EvanZ wrote:I'm starting to move over to the really pessimistic camp. I certainly don't see much reason for optimism at this point. It's a shame, because even a supposedly injured Bogut helped this team a lot.

Hey Evan,

Really not trying to start anything with you ....really I'm not, so I don't want it to seem that way, but I had to laugh at the bolded part....you proclaimed us back in the lottery after a game or two.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#343 » by GSForever » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 pm

At least if he doesn't work out we'll have room for cap if we don't resign him.
Northx57
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#344 » by Northx57 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:43 pm

GSForever wrote:At least if he doesn't work out we'll have room for cap if we don't resign him.

All that cap room and nobody to sign because no one wants to come here. :(
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#345 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:I'm starting to move over to the really pessimistic camp. I certainly don't see much reason for optimism at this point. It's a shame, because even a supposedly injured Bogut helped this team a lot.

Hey Evan,

Really not trying to start anything with you ....really I'm not, so I don't want it to seem that way, but I had to laugh at the bolded part....you proclaimed us back in the lottery after a game or two.

And that was before this. What exactly is the laughable part?
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
EvanZ
RealGM

Bogut: Yao Ming or Grant Hill? 

Post#346 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 pm

Yao never really made it back from his mid-career injuries. Grant Hill on the other hand took years to rehabilitate and eventually became a productive player late in his career with Phoenix. If Bogut follows Hill's path, he may eventually recover, but it could take a couple of seasons and it's doubtful we'd re-sign once the fans turn on him (which is surely coming, if not already started in earnest).

I'm not sure if Bogut is going to be more like Yao or Hill, but considering he's a big man, I'm starting to think it might be more like Yao. So it goes for Warriors fans. There's always next decade.

:(
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#347 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 pm

I think he's saying that you had already moved to the pessimistic camp when Rush went down. "Starting to move" now vs. already was the laughable part.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#348 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:17 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:I think he's saying that you had already moved to the pessimistic camp when Rush went down. "Starting to move" now vs. already was the laughable part.

Then he misunderstood me or maybe I wasn't clear enough. The "starting to move" was in reference to Bogut's injury (the topic of this thread), not the team as a whole. Also, I said "really pessimistic", which taken on it's own would be different enough from what I was before (just pessimistic).
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Re: Bogut: Yao Ming or Grant Hill? 

Post#349 » by Frank Mulely » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:46 pm

if there's money riding on it I'd say Yao. at the very least i'd say hold him out this season and tank rather than risk him aggravating it again. its worth more to have him fully healthy next year than hobbling this season and into the future. the Grant Hill story shows coming back too early just doesn't make sense. especially for a big man with more weight on his extremities.

we need to headhunt Phoenix's medical staff. they seem to work wonders.
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
gswlego
Veteran
And1: 2

Post#350 » by gswlego » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:51 pm

A mix of Yao Grant and Ming Hill, so there's a chance he'll come back like Curry.
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Post#351 » by Frank Mulely » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:54 pm

paul wrote:LOL, "I loved him as a player", dude had never even heard of him before Jackson became his coach.

Charles is a loudmouth being loud, the day his opinion about a player he's barely heard of starts mattering is the day you take a step back and look at your life. But I like him anyway :D

b.s. charles is a loudmouth but he knows hoops. bogut was not a nobody when he was playing at his peak, people know how good he is.
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#352 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:55 pm

Gross overreaction thread.

Bogut has had a history of healing slow... so when we trot his ankle out exactly 3 days before the season starts, and he can't handle it, the shocked faces aren't really necessary. Bigger people take longer to heal, thats how it works. Especially when you are dealing with load-bearing areas like ankles, feet, and knees.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#353 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 pm

Charles knows hoops so well he took his massive fortune and still incurred a giant pile of debt while betting on hoops.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#354 » by AussieBuck » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
Bogut has had a history of healing slow...

Nope.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#355 » by FNQ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:05 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:

Nope.

Literally the first thing you Bucks fans told us about him.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#356 » by whocurrz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:18 pm

If he still needs weeks off after the road trip, I will be very pessimistic. Right now I'm not too surprised as usually coming off an injury you aren't fully recovered until you get rest which wouldn't happen if he was playing a game every 2-3 days. It's one of the major reasons why guys coming off ACL/ knee injuries take a full season to regain full form. The swelling and soreness needs time to subside. It's not that guys can't play and be explosive, its that they can't recover as quickly and be ready to go again 2-3 days later at that same level.

I don't think traveling/ flying is ever good for injuries so it makes sense to hold him out of this road trip as extra precaution. Light therapy and rest is much better than taking 4 flights and maybe playing a game or 2.

Although I think we should strongly consider swooping Kenyon Martin if it doesn't improve by the end of the road trip
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#357 » by GSForever » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Yeah just convinced him to take a 4 yr ext for $28 mill
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#358 » by paul » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:52 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:

Nope.

Literally the first thing you Bucks fans told us about him.

It's difficult to distinguish I'm sure but there's Bucks fans who still like Bogut and Bucks fans who can't wait to rush and tell his new team what idiots they are. It's the nature of traded players, particularly injured ones, and scorned fans.

So no, through his career he's had a lot of injuries but never really taken more time to heal than expected. This injury has been the exception largely because they didn't decide on surgery for four months.

As for the thread, comical overreaction but understandable. For me the thing to remember with Boguts injuries is that they've all been high impact rather than a case of his body crumbling where someone else's wouldn't.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#359 » by paul » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 pm

Frank Mulely wrote:
paul wrote:LOL, "I loved him as a player", dude had never even heard of him before Jackson became his coach.

Charles is a loudmouth being loud, the day his opinion about a player he's barely heard of starts mattering is the day you take a step back and look at your life. But I like him anyway :D

b.s. charles is a loudmouth but he knows hoops. bogut was not a nobody when he was playing at his peak, people know how good he is.

Be a Bucks fan and then tell me Chuck knows what he's talking about with regards to your team :D
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#360 » by EvanZ » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:00 pm

paul wrote:
As for the thread, comical overreaction but understandable.

I would have agreed with you a few weeks ago. But the evidence keeps flowing in telling me this is not going well. And the story from the Warriors seems to continually change, which tells me nobody has a good handle on this.

A week ago did they really believe it was just a matter of "7-10 days"? If so, they are naive. If not, why did they tell us that?

Return to Golden State Warriors