ImageImageImageImageImage

Bogut Watch - now with AdonalFoyle4Prez's poll

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

What will eventually become of Bogut this season?

Yes, he will come to play, just not right now. Just give him maybe 1-3 months to fully recover...
72%
No, he's damaged goods and will miss the entire season *sigh*
16%
Move/trade him. Milwaukee had the better end of the trade.
8%
Don't Care.
4%

Total votes: 100

Blockedshot
Rookie
And1: 9

Re: Bogut Watch - out 7 to 10... years? 

Post#461 » by Blockedshot » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:46 am

Bogut rejoins practice on Monday apparently.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#462 » by cdubbz » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:54 pm

I just want to make sure he has no pain playing. if we keep winning then maybe he should rest some more. i don't want him to play 3-4 games then need another rest.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#463 » by GSForever » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm

If he has another setback. I would shut him down till the end of Jan. If we are still winning that would be a big boost going into the playoffs with a fully rested Bogut. And it would give him time to get back. I would just keep him out for 2 more months and just let the swelling go down, get treatment and give it a go after Jan
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#464 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:06 pm

thanks Doc
GSForever
Banned User

Post#465 » by GSForever » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:23 pm

No your the Doc!! With all the medical knowledge. It really would have made sense to keep him off for a whole yr. Just look at how swollen that ankle was after the injury. I don't mean that as an insult FNQ.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#466 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:00 pm

lol I wish I was a Doc

He definitely needs more time, but for any of us to put a timeframe on it... its a guess, and really not an educated one. No one here could make an accurate guess.. but since Bogut and the W's both agreed to keep him on the sidelines until he can play/get better, I'm not too worried about him right now. He'd be a huge boost to an already solid team.

If you take out the numbers, I agree 100% with your 1st post
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#467 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:01 pm

All everyone here keeps trying to reiterate is that what would make sense is to keep him out until he's healthy enough to play, rather than spinning a wheel and throwing out random dates. Why would you shut him down until the end of January? Why not the middle of February? Are you going to have him sitting around getting pissed off for nearly 2 months if he's feeling 100% in 2 weeks?

With no medical knowledge, it is silly to throw out dates and say, "He should rest until X." FNQ has very little medical knowledge on Bogut's case. The rest of us pretty much have 0.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#468 » by turk3d » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:22 pm

Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#469 » by Mylie10 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:09 am

Marc Spears said tonight that Bogut is looking at a December first date to possibly come back.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#470 » by DreDay » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:34 am

We need him on the 29th against Denver. December 1st is only 2 more days from that, so hopefully he will be back next game.
GSForever
Banned User

Post#471 » by GSForever » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Bogut states his surgery was a microfracture surgery. Which most players are out for 12 months. Most players who have knee microfracture are out a whole yr. So Bogut and management are at fault for rushing him back to the floor.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#472 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:22 pm

I think they should target a Dec. 18th return. Him going on the 8 game road trip would be stupid.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#473 » by FNQ » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:43 pm

GSForever wrote:Bogut states his surgery was a microfracture surgery. Which most players are out for 12 months. Most players who have knee microfracture are out a whole yr. So Bogut and management are at fault for rushing him back to the floor.

Bogut... isn't a doc either. KNEE microfracture, yeah, you are looking at a usual 12 months. Ankle microfracture, you're looking at 6-10months usually.

So he was within the window of being healed, albeit in the more optimistic range
GSForever
Banned User

Post#474 » by GSForever » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Should we offer Bogut the max if he averages 10/7 in limited mins
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#475 » by Mylie10 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 pm

GSForever wrote:Should we offer Bogut the max if he averages 10/7 in limited mins

I guess it would depend on wins....Max is to much, but you have to think seriously about paying him significant money if the team has major success. Define limited also. 20 minutes? 25 minutes? Because 10/7 in 25 minutes is pretty good and you'd have to assume that he's playing good D and blocking/ changing shots.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,220

Post#476 » by EvanZ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:
GSForever wrote:Bogut states his surgery was a microfracture surgery. Which most players are out for 12 months. Most players who have knee microfracture are out a whole yr. So Bogut and management are at fault for rushing him back to the floor.

Bogut... isn't a doc either. KNEE microfracture, yeah, you are looking at a usual 12 months. Ankle microfracture, you're looking at 6-10months usually.

This is the first I'm hearing it was a microfracture surgery. If that's true that they just revealed it, I wonder why they didn't release that fact 6 months ago when it took place.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#477 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:30 am

EvanZ wrote:This is the first I'm hearing it was a microfracture surgery. If that's true that they just revealed it, I wonder why they didn't release that fact 6 months ago when it took place.

Obviously we are talking about it over on the Bucks board.

Many times you don't know microfracture will be needed until the Doc gets in there with the scope and then finds a loose hanging piece of cartilage that he will clean out and then microfracture the area if appropriate. So I would believe the Warriors were telling the truth when this press release came out.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/04/22/warr ... index.html

But after the surgery, your team should have just come clean on it. They were afraid they'd get pummeled in the media over the trade and maybe lose some ticket sales as people would think about Greg Oden and Brandon Roy's microfracture surgery that didn't really work.

As a Bucks fan, we can relate. We've had all sorts of injuries the past decade to core players like Bogut, TJ Ford, Michael Redd, Bobby Simmons, Charlie V. etc. And in most instances the team never came clean on what the injury really was and the timetable for recovery.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#478 » by EvanZ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:40 am

paulpressey25 wrote:But after the surgery, your team should have just come clean on it. They were afraid they'd get pummeled in the media over the trade and maybe lose some ticket sales as people would think about Greg Oden and Brandon Roy's microfracture surgery that didn't really work.

Yup, that's what it looks like to me. First they didn't reveal that Bogut was going to be on a 20-minute limit (which they knew in April) and now it's suddenly revealed that his surgery was more than just "cleaning out bone spurs". Both of these things they knew since April.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
paul
RealGM
And1: 1,038

Post#479 » by paul » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:15 am

EvanZ wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:But after the surgery, your team should have just come clean on it. They were afraid they'd get pummeled in the media over the trade and maybe lose some ticket sales as people would think about Greg Oden and Brandon Roy's microfracture surgery that didn't really work.

Yup, that's what it looks like to me. First they didn't reveal that Bogut was going to be on a 20-minute limit (which they knew in April) and now it's suddenly revealed that his surgery was more than just "cleaning out bone spurs". Both of these things they knew since April.

Saying they 'knew' Bogut would be on a 20 minute limit in April is completely counter-intuitive to me. Literally a million things could have changed that in the 6 months from April until the season started - why on earth you feel a team should announce something like that despite the ridiculous amount of variables associated with it is beyond me.

As we've been discussing on the Bucks board I agree they've clearly withheld the term 'microfracture' with regards to the surgery, but Bogut has himself said many times that the surgery was far more extensive than originally planned so it's not like you should feel totally blindsided.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#480 » by EvanZ » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:22 am

paul wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

Saying they 'knew' Bogut would be on a 20 minute limit in April is completely counter-intuitive to me. Literally a million things could have changed that in the 6 months from April until the season started - why on earth you feel a team should announce something like that despite the ridiculous amount of variables associated with it is beyond me.

Because a fan who spends his hard-earned money would like to know that kind of information. Doesn't matter if things can change. If the plan was to put him on a 20-minute time limit, every Warriors fan would have wanted to know that. They can qualify it by saying "things may change". Teams do this all the time (when it suits them, I guess).

It's beyond me why people defend the actions of ownership groups that don't disclose facts (which this was). It was a fact that Dr. Ferkel planned to have Bogut play 20 minutes. The fact that Bogut stuck to this time limit so methodically makes it clear that the plan was not "subject to change" but part of a regimented and rigorous process.

And let's not forget the surgery (and cover-up) occurred after the "Boo" night at Oracle. It's no wonder they didn't reveal this info.

When you combine that non-disclosure with the microfracture non-disclosure, a troubling pattern starts to emerge.

Return to Golden State Warriors