ImageImageImageImageImage

Bogut Watch - now with AdonalFoyle4Prez's poll

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

What will eventually become of Bogut this season?

Yes, he will come to play, just not right now. Just give him maybe 1-3 months to fully recover...
72%
No, he's damaged goods and will miss the entire season *sigh*
16%
Move/trade him. Milwaukee had the better end of the trade.
8%
Don't Care.
4%

Total votes: 100

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Bogut Watch - now with AdonalFoyle4Prez's poll 

Post#1041 » by turk3d » Mon Jan 7, 2013 6:03 pm

One of the things that I heard (I think it was Rick Bucher who said around the time that Bogut went on the shelf) was that it's quite common for people who have microfracture surgery (if it's basketball related) to have to have a 2nd round. It seems for whatever reason they don't get it completely right the first time.

I imagine they're going to wait it out and see if it will heal and then if it doesn't then will perform another surgery which will put him out for the rest of the year. All we can do right now (which is what I think they are doing) is hope. It's obvious after that last game that we need him.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#1042 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:14 pm

turk3d wrote:One of the things that I heard (I think it was Rick Bucher who said around the time that Bogut went on the shelf) was that it's quite common for people who have microfracture surgery (if it's basketball related) to have to have a 2nd round. It seems for whatever reason they don't get it completely right the first time.

I've worked with multiple knee MF surgery recoverees.... and I've never heard of them ever going in for a 2nd time.

In fact, I've NEVER heard of a person getting 2 microfracture surgeries, ever.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1043 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:18 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:I'm concerned....what was supposed to be a rest for 7-10 days has been ...what...a month and half??? And he still wanting to feel just right? And now the question is "will you miss the entire season?"

IMO, at this point, the player and doctor would know if something is healing or if it's going to take yet another surgery....

But...hopefully this is just a winning streak that allows a complete over kill on recovery.

I can't believe there are still people quoting that 7-10 day stuff.

Bogut told the team his ankle was swelling and he wanted to rest for a while. He asked for 7-10 days to re-evaluate the healing process. It was granted, and the team told the media that Bogut was going to be shut down for 7-10 days.

They didn't say he'd return in 7-10 days. They didn't say he'd be 100% in 7-10 days. They said he was going to be shutdown - a complete stop in athletic activity for 7-10 days. He has since been running, (recently) jumping, and light basketball related activity. That is not what he was initially doing. An elliptical or stationary bike, which is the likely course of action after his setback, is much different than those activities.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#1044 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:25 pm

We should be hoping for 15-20 solid playoff minutes at this stage. It's micro fracture surgery FFS.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1045 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:35 pm

:giveup:
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#1046 » by turk3d » Tue Jan 8, 2013 12:21 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:
turk3d wrote:One of the things that I heard (I think it was Rick Bucher who said around the time that Bogut went on the shelf) was that it's quite common for people who have microfracture surgery (if it's basketball related) to have to have a 2nd round. It seems for whatever reason they don't get it completely right the first time.

I've worked with multiple knee MF surgery recoverees.... and I've never heard of them ever going in for a 2nd time.

In fact, I've NEVER heard of a person getting 2 microfracture surgeries, ever.

Greg Oden facing 3rd microfracture surgery
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 53662.html
http://www.basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=855
He's still rehabbing. He's forever rehabbing. Fifteen months after the Trail Blazers announced Oden would have career-threatening microfracture surgery on his left knee, they announced he'll again have the same procedure on the same knee.

://www.healthboards.com/boards/foot-problems/913133-success-rate-microfracture-surgery-ocd-talus.html
Re: Success rate for microfracture surgery for OCD of talus
I'm pretty sure my OS said it's about 85%. I'm afraid I'm not a good example; I've had this surgery twice and it didn't work the first time, and I don't think it has worked on the most recent attempt (Feb 2012), though too soon to say for definite. It depends on all sorts of things, including the size of the lesion. As is often the case though, you may not find a lot of success stories here, as those with successful outcomes are out running around and not posting! Good luck with your surgery, I really hope it works out for you.

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/kneegeeks/5162986501.html
I have had Micro-Fracture twice. Once in 93 and then again in 94. It is a tough surgery, no doubt. Hang in there, it will get better each day. The second one for me was the most extreme. NO weight bearing for 6 weeks and was stuck in a CPM for 10 hours each day for the first couple of weeks. Yuck. Hate CPMs. Even though I didn't like the CPM, I am glad he made me do it. Keeping my knee in motion helped a lot. (and lots of ice packs and pain meds)
This surgery did help but I now have Synvisc or Halogen injections very 6 months to deal with the pain. For now, I will just continue this course until I can't take it any more. I am not ready for the next step.

Microfracture surgery is a very dangerous procedure and very difficult to rehab. Many who even survive the recovery are not quite the same as before. It's othing to be poo-poohed.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1047 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 8, 2013 1:59 am

Touching up an initial MF surgery isnt another MF surgery. Its lunacy to believe you can just keep drilling holes in a knee or ankle and it will heal better.

Oden's really had 2 procedures, on 2 different knees. The others are patients, one from almost 20 years ago, so I seriously doubt they understand what the 2nd procedure was - cleaning the initial MF surgery using the same laser

I can see the confusion, but people do not get a 2nd independent MF surgery. Even if you consider this cleanup to be a 2nd procedure, its definitely not common. It essentially hits the reset button on the initial surgery (in simplest terms, gives the body a do-over) and rarely works. The body simply doesnt learn that fast, or understand what the procedure is trying to accomplish. Its an act of desperation to clean up a MF surgery. Its totally insane to just drill more holes
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1048 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 8, 2013 2:21 am

Btw turk, your assumptions re: MF are wrong. And should also be labeled assumptions, they read like facts to me.

Compare MF to chemotherapy. Usually, getting chemo is a bad sign. But letsay chemo can also successfully treat allergies and analphylaxis. Its using a surgery/procedure that is associated with an injury/illness that is life threatening, but the procedure itself isnt.

MF surgery was almost exclusively used for degenerative conditions. Now, its evolved into a better and more complete surgical option for lesser injuries. Thus the spike in recovery since '05 (85% to low 90s). The surgery isnt the problem. The problem is the problem.
djdamon
Junior
And1: 3

Post#1049 » by djdamon » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:06 am

What's the whisper on Bogey returning? March 1, 2013? :wink:
Coxy wrote:
Time will tell, but my money is on Larry Riley looking like a pillow biting ass master in the long run.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1050 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 8, 2013 3:09 am

:lol: 4/1 might be more appropriate at this point. Frustrating to be outside the loop these days.

At least they arent lying to us
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#1051 » by warriortone » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:47 pm

I have thought all along I think best case would be for him to come back around 3/1, hopefully we are still above or at .500 at that point and we have a home heavy and not too difficult final month and a half to make our playoff push.
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#1052 » by stellation » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:43 am

Bogut on the bench @ Nuggets? Has he been traveling before during this stint of rehab?
#FreeChuckDiesel
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#1053 » by nurseryc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 am

When is he back?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1054 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:48 pm

Bogut on his way back in month 9. Ticket sales steady. Info on Warriors - scarce.

Mission accomplished :sigh:

Return to Golden State Warriors