ImageImageImageImageImage

Bogut Watch - now with AdonalFoyle4Prez's poll

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

What will eventually become of Bogut this season?

Yes, he will come to play, just not right now. Just give him maybe 1-3 months to fully recover...
72%
No, he's damaged goods and will miss the entire season *sigh*
16%
Move/trade him. Milwaukee had the better end of the trade.
8%
Don't Care.
4%

Total votes: 100

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Bogut Watch - out 7 to 10... years? 

Post#421 » by EvanZ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:20 am

Frank Mulely wrote:
the real issue here is fans are incredibly gullible and fell for all those rosy pre-season projects of the Warriors being a playoff team this year. come on now. honestly the only way that happens is if Barnes starts really dominating.

More like Curry and Klay. Barnes is doing about as well as anyone could have expected.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,787

Post#422 » by floppymoose » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:23 am

Bogut, Curry, & Ezili were the main reasons I was thinking the Warriors would be a playoff squad.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#423 » by FNQ » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:08 am

Frank Mulely wrote:bottom line anybody who expected Bogut to come back and play like he did before he got his injur(ies) was just naive. stop listening to team hype and use your brain. plenty of us were on the board expressing skepticism that Bogut was going to just come right back and dominate this year. this is a recovery year and most likely Bogut will not get back to a reasonable facsimile of his old self until next year.

the real issue here is fans are incredibly gullible and fell for all those rosy pre-season projects of the Warriors being a playoff team this year. come on now. honestly the only way that happens is if Barnes starts really dominating.

Funny enough, Bogut's impact in his limited time here was only slightly less than his impact before... so really, using your brain would mean that even if Bogut is limited from hereon in - extremely unlikely with his types of injuries - that he'd still be performing at about the same level.

This whole 'naive' take is entire speculation with nothing to back it up, other than that he's injured now. But there's nothing to suggest that it wouldn't heal eventually. These type of ankle injuries take time, and that's nothing new. Unless you are opportunistic and looking for a reason to justify past takes, I guess.
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#424 » by GSForever » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm

I still don't understand why Festus is only playing limited min? This is Nellie ball all over again
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#425 » by Little Digger » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:07 pm

We're a better team with Landry-Lee than Landry-Ezeli or Lee-Ezeli..Pretty simple.

The whole point is to try to stay afloat until Bogut gets healthy. U do what you have to do.
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,561

Post#426 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm really not convinced that we're helping our cause when we go Landry/Lee instead of Ezeli/PF or even Biedrins/PF.

I also find it very typical of this board that when we're playing .500 so far with little to no Bogut, people are screaming that the sky is falling and trying to figure out when we should start tanking. Curry is playing iffy, Klay has been horrible, Bogut is slow to recover, and we're playing .500.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Post#427 » by Frank Mulely » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:54 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:bottom line anybody who expected Bogut to come back and play like he did before he got his injur(ies) was just naive. stop listening to team hype and use your brain. plenty of us were on the board expressing skepticism that Bogut was going to just come right back and dominate this year. this is a recovery year and most likely Bogut will not get back to a reasonable facsimile of his old self until next year.

Funny enough, Bogut's impact in his limited time here was only slightly less than his impact before... so really, using your brain would mean that even if Bogut is limited from hereon in - extremely unlikely with his types of injuries - that he'd still be performing at about the same level.

This whole 'naive' take is entire speculation with nothing to back it up, other than that he's injured now. But there's nothing to suggest that it wouldn't heal eventually. These type of ankle injuries take time, and that's nothing new. Unless you are opportunistic and looking for a reason to justify past takes, I guess.

So we agree then.

Bottom line Bogut is an elite center when healthy but getting healthy will take awhile. And if he can stay healthy is another risk.
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
uteptwostep
Lead Assistant
And1: 56

Post#428 » by uteptwostep » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm not worried. Bogut will return at some point and kick a$$. Klay will be fine. All the new guys look great. Even Green is finally showing something. Best of all, The Richard Jefferson Experience is out.

Chin up! At least our center isn't out with a bowling injury...
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#429 » by and1GS » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:23 pm

We **** suck without Bogut.

Curry is crap, Lee gets lost in the shuffle a lot and Klay's a puss. I swear if it wasn't for Landry/Jack/Barnes we'd put up 30 ppg.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,247

Post#430 » by Onus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:51 pm

if someone would say we would be .500 team with curry and klay playing like doo doo and Bogut basically out as well as rush, We'd all label him a homer/crazy person. Turns out we're still .500 and all those things have gone wrong. I'm optimistic about our outlook for this season.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
GSForever
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#431 » by GSForever » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm not gonna fool myself thinking the current players we have are gonna be good or decent defenders in then future. We need to change the mentality of the team . And draft defensive players or sign free agents who have a desire to play D. Bogut is gonna get fed up with these players quickly. We got really lucky against the Clips. Against the better teams we have lost by a big margins.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,787

Post#432 » by floppymoose » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I also find it very typical of this board that when we're playing .500 so far with little to no Bogut, people are screaming that the sky is falling and trying to figure out when we should start tanking. Curry is playing iffy, Klay has been horrible, Bogut is slow to recover, and we're playing .500.

The flip side of that is how many quality wins do we have?

Clippers at LA, check
Lakers, killed us
Thunder, killed us
Hawks missing Horford, no
Wolves missing Pek and Love, no
Cavs missing both centers, no
Nuggets, lost
Kings, lost
Suns, no
Grizzlies, killed us

We've got exactly one win against a team that had it's important pieces and was decent. This Warriors squad is still largely untested. The few tests they've had didn't go so well.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#433 » by TaylorMonkey » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 pm

I wonder how Lee/Landry are in games against legitimate big men (that we usually lose). I'm not surprised they can beat up on the depleted Cavs, Wolves, and Hawks but I'm skeptical they are really our best combo in the other games. They didn't seem to pass the eye test and simple scoreboard watching.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#434 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:58 pm

First Raw +/- numbers are in through 11/13 and Jeremy Tyler is out best player by a nose ahead of Bazemore. :lol:

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213GSW.HTM

Lee is running away with remotely useful raw +/- crown right now at a monster number in a small sample. He plays against starters, so it's hard to be skeptical of that number, even if he can't make a layup in traffic anymore. He's doing something right because we are scoring 14 more PP100 with him on the court than off, and that's even playing most of him minutes with the Masonry sisters holding down (and I do mean down) our backcourt. 10% more assisted FG's with Lee on the court than off. There's your ball movement. Lee is a Point Forward. Let him bring the ball up, he can probably take Perkins off the bounce.

Klay is the sweat off a dead man's balls right now. EfG down 2% when he's on the floor.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#435 » by JimmyTD3 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Onus wrote:if someone would say we would be .500 team with curry and klay playing like doo doo and Bogut basically out as well as rush, We'd all label him a homer/crazy person. Turns out we're still .500 and all those things have gone wrong. I'm optimistic about our outlook for this season.

Although our record is .500 right now, I wouldn't call us a .500 team.

Our lineup with Curry/Klay playing like crap, as well as Rush and Bogut out, is a 34 or 36-win type roster IMO in the West
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#436 » by ILOVEIT » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Stringcheese wrote:
Onus wrote:if someone would say we would be .500 team with curry and klay playing like doo doo and Bogut basically out as well as rush, We'd all label him a homer/crazy person. Turns out we're still .500 and all those things have gone wrong. I'm optimistic about our outlook for this season.

Although our record is .500 right now, I wouldn't call us a .500 team.

Our lineup with Curry/Klay playing like crap, as well as Rush and Bogut out, is a 34 or 36-win type roster IMO in the West

and that's the good news :) Curry has played one good game with a mix of ookay and bad games.... Klay has been flat out awful....Bogut has played 4 games in limited minutes...

And we are 500 ball right now...

Klay WILL be better...Curry as well....Bogut SHOULD come back at some point in the next two weeks....

I think that points to an improved team, IMO.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#437 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:04 pm

http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/teams/GSW.html

RAPM numbers are up and running as well. No idea as of what date.

Lee's number holds up.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#438 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:17 pm

floppymoose wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:I also find it very typical of this board that when we're playing .500 so far with little to no Bogut, people are screaming that the sky is falling and trying to figure out when we should start tanking. Curry is playing iffy, Klay has been horrible, Bogut is slow to recover, and we're playing .500.

The flip side of that is how many quality wins do we have?

Clippers at LA, check
Lakers, killed us
Thunder, killed us
Hawks missing Horford, no
Wolves missing Pek and Love, no
Cavs missing both centers, no
Nuggets, lost
Kings, lost
Suns, no
Grizzlies, killed us

We've got exactly one win against a team that had it's important pieces and was decent. This Warriors squad is still largely untested. The few tests they've had didn't go so well.

when you mention teams missing players, shouldn't you mention 2 of our most important pieces as well? To be at .500 with already three road wins on the board, you should give a little credit.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#439 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Sleepy......"Masonry Sisters" is solid gold!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#440 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:http://stats-for-the-nba.appspot.com/teams/GSW.html

RAPM numbers are up and running as well. No idea as of what date.

Lee's number holds up.

Thank fluck. I had no idea what's been happening this season......

Return to Golden State Warriors