migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#521 » by migya » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:19 am

willywazza wrote:
migya wrote:
willywazza wrote:
I'm okay with him coming but as long as we don't play Lee and Gasol together. That duo won't stop anybody from scoring in the paint.

Pairing him with Bogut would be somewhat effective however.

Just read am article on here titled "Pau Gasol To Receive Interest From Knicks In Free Agency", that states he could sign in New York for the midlevel. Doesn't the team still have that as well next season? If so and he accepts, what great addition he'd be. especially if Jermaine retires. I think PGasol can still defend and next to Bogut, that'd be very good shotblocking and passing. Definitely would be a great player to add.

He'd be giving up a lot of money to accept approximately $3.2 million to go to New York or Golden State.

Gasol has made a lot of money already but I'm sure he still wants a sizeable pay check.

Still, what an awesome scenario it would be to have him on this squad! :D

I think PGasol is 34 years old next year and so will start regressing even more from now on. He isn't worth 10 million now and if he wants to have a chance at a championship, he'll have to take less money and maybe be a 6th man type for a contender.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#522 » by Warriorfan » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:21 pm

On a 1 or 2 yr contract Gasol will be solid. His game is more about skill and IQ than athleticism . Problem is he a C who plays the high post which is where they send Bogut.
migya
Head Coach

Post#523 » by migya » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:12 am

PGasol has been a PF more than he has been a Center in his nba career and has been so since going to the Lakers. He has a better jump shot than Lee and can pass and defend well. He'd be a good fit.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#524 » by shazam_guy » Thu May 1, 2014 4:56 am

I honestly try to read these discussions, but then I hear people suggest we pick up Jordan Hill and I just have to go read Bleacher Report or something. You know, where the more sensible fans suggest things.

(Yes, newbies, that's meant to be ironic.)
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#525 » by and1GS » Fri May 2, 2014 5:03 pm

I would piss myself if we got Gasol. What a **** backup big he would be.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
migya
Head Coach

Post#526 » by migya » Fri May 2, 2014 11:41 pm

Especially if we landed Love and only lost Lee as a starter, getting PGasol would make the team a definite contender. He is still starting material but at his age he should be smart and take the MLE from a contender and be a backup PF and C that still plays a significant part.
Za_Warrior
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#527 » by Za_Warrior » Sun May 4, 2014 8:02 am

I'd just love a young center that will be a rock and last a while, he doesn't even need to be a super star, just a reliable role player and healthy would be huge for the Warriors.

If at all possible Andre Drummond would be my pickup for next year
migya
Head Coach

Post#528 » by migya » Sun May 4, 2014 8:17 am

The thing is that Bogut contributes to winning alot, while not being a numbers man. I'll take substance over stats all the time.
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#529 » by willywazza » Mon May 5, 2014 4:45 pm

Vince Carter anyone?
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,042

Post#530 » by Jester_ » Mon May 5, 2014 6:38 pm

Za_Warrior wrote:I'd just love a young center that will be a rock and last a while, he doesn't even need to be a super star, just a reliable role player and healthy would be huge for the Warriors.

You say reliable role player, then name a guy with hall of fame potential
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#531 » by ILOVEIT » Tue May 6, 2014 9:27 pm

Bob Myers magic. I wonder if he could turn:

Curry
Klay
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

into

Curry
Durant
Iggy
Love
Bogut
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Za_Warrior
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#532 » by Za_Warrior » Tue May 6, 2014 11:00 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Za_Warrior wrote:I'd just love a young center that will be a rock and last a while, he doesn't even need to be a super star, just a reliable role player and healthy would be huge for the Warriors.

You say reliable role player, then name a guy with hall of fame potential

I'm aware I did that, I hope for basics but dream big at the same time
killacalijatt
General Manager
And1: 1,708

Post#533 » by killacalijatt » Tue May 6, 2014 11:22 pm

Hawes would be a nice backup C/PF. He can spread the floor and can contribute to our bench/team.
He would probably get 25-30 mins a game rotating between C/PF. The pick and pop with Curry would be deadly. Teams wouldn't be able to trap Curry on the High Screen and Roll.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant

Post#534 » by shazam_guy » Tue May 6, 2014 11:26 pm

I was extremely unimpressed with what I saw out of Hawes this year. It looked to me like he's dropped below his previous level (solidly mediocre) -- maybe because his knees are starting to get old, who knows, but I definitely didn't have that "Yeah, I'd like to see him in a W's uniform".
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#535 » by Quazza » Tue May 6, 2014 11:59 pm

shazam_guy wrote:I was extremely unimpressed with what I saw out of Hawes this year. It looked to me like he's dropped below his previous level (solidly mediocre) -- maybe because his knees are starting to get old, who knows, but I definitely didn't have that "Yeah, I'd like to see him in a W's uniform".

Odd, , most would say he had a career year. He slumped for a while, but then held out Varejao for the starting role. Played well in Clev

So with Jackson gone, did we just become a less desirable destination?

Is the Pope really THAT busy? Perhaps we can hire him in a Jerry West type position
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#536 » by cj03 » Wed May 7, 2014 5:41 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Bob Myers magic. I wonder if he could turn:

Curry
Klay
Iggy
Lee
Bogut

into

Curry
Durant
Iggy
Love
Bogut

If this happens, he'll be the GM of the freaking century dude. I see a way of it happening, but the likelihood is pretty damn low. But God this is the team of my dreams.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,817

Post#537 » by cdubbz » Wed May 7, 2014 5:58 am

willywazza wrote:Vince Carter anyone?

no way he leaves dallas.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant

Post#538 » by shazam_guy » Thu May 8, 2014 4:16 am

Quazza wrote:
shazam_guy wrote:I was extremely unimpressed with what I saw out of Hawes this year. It looked to me like he's dropped below his previous level (solidly mediocre) -- maybe because his knees are starting to get old, who knows, but I definitely didn't have that "Yeah, I'd like to see him in a W's uniform".

Odd, , most would say he had a career year. He slumped for a while, but then held out Varejao for the starting role. Played well in Clev

Quaz, I'm not really sure why you think so. His averages were about the same as usual, rebounding slightly down. He scored 13 points and pulled 7 rebounds on a couple of awful teams the last few years, which isn't exactly burning down the league. He's a slow, clumsy center who would rather shoot from outside. We did that for years. Didn't work too well.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 362

Post#539 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Thu May 8, 2014 6:07 pm

Out: JO & Blake
FA signings: Ramon Sessions, Nick Young OR Anthony Morrow, & Spencer Hawes (All UFAs)

Then trade:
1) Thompson for Keith Bogans + Top 5 pick
2) Lee + Speights + Top 5 for Love + Corey Brewer
3) Barnes for mid-to-late 1st round pick: Draft Adriean Payne

C-Bogut/Hawes/Ezeli/Kuzmic
PF-Love/Payne
SF-Iggy/Warren/Brewer
SG-Young or Morrow/Crawford/Bogans
P-Curry/Sessions/Nedovic

This is a complete team (barring any injuries/chemistry issues). Only glaring weakness is the intangibles/leadership. Curry still needs to be vocal leader and demand more from his teammates. And would like to see Love, Iggy, and even Bogut step up in that department. Really makes a difference for the team now that Jackson is no longer there.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#540 » by Sleepy51 » Thu May 8, 2014 7:56 pm

Nick Young is a chemistry issue.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?

Return to Golden State Warriors