Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1121 » by old rem » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:54 am

turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:I think we'll be at the end of the line so our chances are pretty slim imo. Probably have a better shot @ JO. He'd be nice @ Vet min if we could land him. Definitely gives us some assurance and @ 5-15 mpg would be a plus.

As in a line in order to sign Samuel Dalembert? I thought it was applied towards players that were amnestied not for players that were waived/cut/bought out?

In JO's case, no. It's more of where he'd prefer to play (he has several options). Just came out besides Dallas (where I believe he makes his home), now Portland has expressed interest which is who he was originally drafted by. Like I said, with JO I think we have a shot, but not so sure that we have the inside track (although I believe we might be able to offer him the most money which would help probably).

Thing is RM, I don't get too excited by either one of those guys as I think we have a good chance of continued success without either one of them but if they're willing to come and there's no big hassles involved, I'd probably do it, considering we still have an empty roster spot. At least JO probably would be somewhat of a morale booster considering he knows a lot of our players and it appears he had a good relationship with them and wouldn't expect an inordinate amount of minutes from us.
Whatever the "veteran minimum" is.....that's all we got. So. If anyone can get $100 more from whoever.. we can't top the $. Not sure the demand is there for JO or Dalembert...or ANY C not currently employed.
CENSORED... No comment.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#1122 » by statsman » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:42 pm

old rem wrote:Whatever the "veteran minimum" is.....that's all we got. So. If anyone can get $100 more from whoever.. we can't top the $. Not sure the demand is there for JO or Dalembert...or ANY C not currently employed.

Why do you keep saying this same bull$hit lie? The Warriors have the non-Bird rights to O'Neal, and as of today, can offer almost three times what the Mavs can ($2.358M non-Bird vs $815K vet minimum).
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#1123 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:40 pm

I'd like to see Jermaine O'neals shape before we sign him. If we let him take all this time off he better be in shape and ready to play. Otherwise we should be looking into the d-league and waived players who can do what he does.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#1124 » by azwfan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Nate Robinson about to become available. Would anyone prefer him over Barbosa?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1125 » by cdubbz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:05 am

azwfan wrote:Nate Robinson about to become available. Would anyone prefer him over Barbosa?

Love Barbosa. he's a great guy to have on the team, but i would cut ties with kooz before barbosa. woj said clippers might try and get Robinson because they asked the Nuggets about him earlier.

Robinson is a scoring machine off the bench. plus he's fiesty.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1126 » by Quazza » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:47 am

maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't want Nate back
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1127 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:22 pm

Quazza wrote:maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't want Nate back

I don't like him from the standpoint he is a defensive liability and I would think the front office feels the same. If you look at the additions to the team of late, they are pretty much all two way players. I think Holiday has filled in the missing guard spot, so Barbosa isn't getting a lot of playing time and I don't want Holiday's minutes cut to watch Nate chuck.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1128 » by cdubbz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:34 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Quazza wrote:maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't want Nate back

I don't like him from the standpoint he is a defensive liability and I would think the front office feels the same. If you look at the additions to the team of late, they are pretty much all two way players. I think Holiday has filled in the missing guard spot, so Barbosa isn't getting a lot of playing time and I don't want Holiday's minutes cut to watch Nate chuck.

I'm sure Nate Robinson is going to find a place where he'll get minutes anyways and hopefully it's not a Western Conference playoff team (Please don't go o the Thunder or Blazers). If he is interested in a championship contender without getting minutes every game then I am all for Robinson coming aboard. He is a spark off the bench, fast point guard, who can score in bunches if we need it.

I would rather have a big man though, but Robinson has always helped teams in the past. He was great for the Bulls just a few years ago before getting on the Nuggets.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#1129 » by cdubbz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:36 pm

Looking at our situation with Bogut/Ezeli being hurt a lot i'm getting concerned about our backup backup center. Kooz isn't ready for meaningful minutes and if we do get JO...is he able to play deep into the playoffs?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1130 » by old rem » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:45 pm

statsman wrote:
old rem wrote:Whatever the "veteran minimum" is.....that's all we got. So. If anyone can get $100 more from whoever.. we can't top the $. Not sure the demand is there for JO or Dalembert...or ANY C not currently employed.

Why do you keep saying this same bull$hit lie? The Warriors have the non-Bird rights to O'Neal, and as of today, can offer almost three times what the Mavs can ($2.358M non-Bird vs $815K vet minimum).
Did we keep a cap hold on that? If he's in effect retired...does that linger? It seems if we wanted him.. we'd have done it when Bogut or Ezeli went injured. I an't sure we do hold any rights or that a One year guy comes with any rights.
CENSORED... No comment.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#1131 » by statsman » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:11 am

old rem wrote:
statsman wrote:

Did we keep a cap hold on that? If he's in effect retired...does that linger? It seems if we wanted him.. we'd have done it when Bogut or Ezeli went injured. I an't sure we do hold any rights or that a One year guy comes with any rights.

Again with this?! Just because they still own his non-Bird rights doesn't mean they have to sign O'Neal. But if they do want to sign him, they have the potential to offer more than the vet minimum most teams are restricted to as noted above.

The Warriors own the non-Bird rights to O'Neal, which is a cap hold of $2.4M. They also own the full Bird rights to Jordan Crawford who is playing in China, which is a cap hold of $5.4M. Neither player has officially retired from the NBA.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1132 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm sure people saw the ESPN report saying Mavs are confident they will sign Jermaine O'Neal. And that he just needs to get into playing shape.

I also recall hearing that Ray Allen might have some concerns about how he'd fit in on the Warriors' loaded roster, that the Warriors say come on over, we'll figure it out. But I'm sure he doesn't want to spend his swan song parked on the bench, even if it means a ring.

Plan B?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#1133 » by wco81 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:38 pm

Sounds like Allen is headed to Cleveland.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#1134 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:57 am

I thought I heard that he was going to Atlanta - close to his Florida home, a chance at a title (especially with an easier path in the East), and a need at guard.

IDK why anyone would want to come out of retirement to join that mess in Cleveland...

Though I also read that players were blaming roster construction, and not Blatt. Roster construction problems in Cleveland, where have we heard that before? It's déjà vu all over again for LeBron in Cleveland... but maybe that's because he is the de facto GM.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1135 » by and1GS » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:45 pm

if he goes to Atlanta he's old, less useful Kyle Korver. I'm just not seeing how he fits on that team.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#1136 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Ray Allen is not going to start anywhere. I think the question is where can he come off the bench and help a team win a Championship. So he would be Kyle Korver's backup, and also be able to handle the ball a little. They are not exactly guard stacked. While Cleveland has too many SGs as it is.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1137 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:Ray Allen is not going to start anywhere. I think the question is where can he come off the bench and help a team win a Championship. So he would be Kyle Korver's backup, and also be able to handle the ball a little. They are not exactly guard stacked. While Cleveland has too many SGs as it is.

Yep.

And for all of the initial optimism about Holiday, his offensive efficiency has slipped recently - and even with most of his 3 attempts being completely wide open, he's only shooting 35% from 3 for the year. Holiday has more length and is a much better fit defensively than Allen is, but on the offensive side, I've got to believe that Allen would be more efficient, and could easily envision taking Holiday's role here as the Splash Father......
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#1138 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:55 pm

Cleveland seemed more likely because of his ties to Lebron.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#1139 » by Twinkie defense » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:16 am

The Warriors don't have many holes, but someone who can play spot minutes and is veteran enough to trust, be prepared, and do things the right way, would make a nice addition for the playoffs. Especially a big man and a good shooter.
napsDUBS
Junior
And1: 46

Post#1140 » by napsDUBS » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:41 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Especially a big man and a good shooter.

Rush and Kuzmic for Alan Anderson. Then sign either JO or Dalembert. Just an idea. But is it realistic?

Return to Golden State Warriors