Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1221 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Mar 4, 2015 12:56 am

Porzingis wrote:Because?

You're just another guy who thinks that McGee all of a sudden gonna explode and play like 2008' Biedrins.

In reality he's a poor mans Anthony Randolph Right now.

Classic fool's gold. I'm glad that nobody's have signed him yet. Not surprising since most gm's aren't morons.

There's a reason why a guy like Kirilenko is in russia right now, im glad that 80% of you guys aren't GMs.

BOOM! Right there! Both are without a doubt are talented, BUT they just don't have a damn brain. If McGee has Bogut's brain, he would be on a NBA team right now.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1222 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 5:15 am

You dummies know there is a 48 hour waiver period right?.....he has to clear waivers.

Do you both really think there aren't teams who want the guy?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#1223 » by Porzingis » Wed Mar 4, 2015 8:05 am

They may want him , but they'll regret it just like MIami with Oden and Indy with Bynum last year.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#1224 » by cdubbz » Wed Mar 4, 2015 8:09 am

Porzingis wrote:They may want him , but they'll regret it just like MIami with Oden and Indy with Bynum last year.

What are you even talking about?! There was NO risk in signing Greg Oden or Bynum for either teams!! Same situation here with McGee if the Warriors go after him. We're not talking about a starting spot or even 6th man role for him, but an insurance policy and an extra big man if the Warriors need him.

I trust the Warriors FO and if they believe an athletic shot blocking 7footer can help us in the playoffs then they'll go after him, but if they don't feel he will work out or isn't skilled or has lost it or whatever it may be then they won't sign him.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Porzingis
Banned User
And1: 53

Post#1225 » by Porzingis » Wed Mar 4, 2015 8:14 am

No risk?

I don't want his stupid a** anywhere near to this locker room, practice, team bus, travel etc. He's toxic.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Free Agent Talk 

Post#1226 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Mar 4, 2015 2:33 pm

Porzingis wrote:No risk?

I don't want his stupid a** anywhere near to this locker room, practice, team bus, travel etc. He's toxic.

Evidence?

He's dumb on the court.

And publicly hailed by Iguodala as being a good guy, funny, into tech gadgets.

The only hint of a character issue, as opposed to a basketball IQ issue, was that he apparently had some kind of a role in the Arenas gunplay situation in Washington.

Rather than just spouting about him being toxic or a cancer, can you provide anything to back that up?

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#1227 » by azwfan » Wed Mar 4, 2015 4:47 pm

Man, i didnt' know McGee was toxic. From the stuff i had seen, i thought his teammates loved him. i'm pretty sure George Karl didnt love him, but i think that had to do with mistakes on the court and not lockeroom/off the floor issues.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1228 » by Mylie10 » Wed Mar 4, 2015 5:20 pm

I think both George Karl and Brian Shaw aren't the kind of put your arms around a guy and give him a hug.

Kerr and Adams light be those types of coaches who can get through to players with different mind sets. Adams is known for being an intellect and based on things Iguodala has said about MgGee, he might be really smart off court, but needs direction on court.

For instance, Draymond doesn't need you to put your arm around him...he needs you to get in his face. I have read that Kerr and Dray have got into some shouting matches, but with good results after the fact. MgGee and say Mo are different guys in that they appear to be sensitive, and need to be approached differently.

Its very low risk though, and the only one I can see getting butt hurt on the team about it is Ezeli (who this may light a huge fire under), Mo (based on opportunity) and Lee (same as Mo)

Like others have stated in regards to big men.....there is safety in numbers. The more bigs you have, the more calming affect it may be.....especially if Iguodala vouches for Javale.

Then again, behind closed doors, Iguodala may hate the kid...lol
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#1229 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Mar 9, 2015 11:48 pm

I hope we take a look at Jason Smith, Dante Cunningham (Although he has history with us), Reggie Evans, maybe Anthony Morrow this offseason. Could be cheap pick ups, guess it depends on who we draft.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1230 » by Kuya » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:56 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZCQmprVdA[/youtube]

If forced to pick one to add as the last player on our roster in 2016, would you rather have David Stockton or Seth Curry?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1231 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:43 am

Kuya wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZCQmprVdA[/youtube]

If forced to pick one to add as the last player on our roster in 2016, would you rather have David Stockton or Seth Curry?

Curry.

Shooting is a more valuable commodity for us - we have plenty of playmakers beyond just Steph, but few shooters.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1232 » by old rem » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:05 pm

cdubbz wrote:
Porzingis wrote:They may want him , but they'll regret it just like MIami with Oden and Indy with Bynum last year.

What are you even talking about?! There was NO risk in signing Greg Oden or Bynum for either teams!! Same situation here with McGee if the Warriors go after him. We're not talking about a starting spot or even 6th man role for him, but an insurance policy and an extra big man if the Warriors need him.

I trust the Warriors FO and if they believe an athletic shot blocking 7footer can help us in the playoffs then they'll go after him, but if they don't feel he will work out or isn't skilled or has lost it or whatever it may be then they won't sign him.

It's one thing to get a guy on a no guarantee-vet min. It changes if an agent wants MORE.
CENSORED... No comment.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1233 » by Mylie10 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:13 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Kuya wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRZCQmprVdA[/youtube]

Curry.

Shooting is a more valuable commodity for us - we have plenty of playmakers beyond just Steph, but few shooters.

You're right that Stockton is a good playmaker...I mean really good. He's hella smart too. I wouldn't however make it seem like he's not a good shooter though....his numbers for Reno are pretty good:

D-League Regular Season RNO 37 32 29.1 7.0 14.8 .470 2.2 5.6 .394 3.4 4.1 .821 1.1 2.7 3.8 8.7 2.5 0.1 3.4 3.5 19.5

47% from the field. 40% from 3, and 82% from the line is pretty good shooting. And he's taking almost 6 threes per game, so its not like its random.
Khoee wrote “
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1234 » by jason bourne » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:45 pm

Candidates to replace/backup Bogut at C. Bogut needs to do MORE. I need more from Bogut at C. It's not automatically let's get a backup for Bogut starting next season. He will be 31 yrs old next season.

I think Donatas Motiejūnas is RFA. I'd put him on the list. He certainly proved me wrong with his play the whole season. 25 yrs old next season.

Hassan Whiteside. $948K RFA. This guy would start immediately over Bogut.

Timofey Mozgov. Would give Bogut a run for his money. 29 yrs old next season.

Tarik Black. I'm not sure if he can beat out Ezeli, but he can play basketball. $845K RFA

Candidates for backup PG

Jordan Clarkson. He'd be a steal and not happy if Lakers get Rondo. $845K RFA.

Langston Galloway. $845K RFA. Levi is better (?).

Alexey Shved. This guy is my sleeper. Can shoot the 3-ball and make passes. He reminds me of a poor man's Pistol Pete. $3.3 M UFA in 2015.

Phil Pressey. This guy can dribble and pass, but can he shoot? $947K RFA.

Candidates to replace Harrison Barnes. I'm on the fence with Barnes. He plays some D and is versatile, but the guy needs consistency. I loved Monta Ellis but he never made All-Star because of his lack of consistency and maybe his mo-ped accident.

Wilson Chandler. $7.17 M RFA. Will cost a bundle which Ws can't afford. He's not consistent either.

Jamal Crawford, Matt Barnes - $5.7 M RFA, $3.54 RFA. JC can still dribble (one of the best), pass and create his own. MB is good with Blake in the lineup. Needs to be in right situation. How old is he now?

Will Barton. Probably more a SG. Would love to have him on the team though. Versatile player.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1235 » by Mylie10 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:57 pm

Hassan Whiteside would not start over Bogut...you're crazy.....Bogut would eat his lunch in a series. And Bgut does so much more for us than the stats look like.

Last night, if you just looked at his raw box score numbers, you'd think he was crap. But anyone who watched the game saw Bogut dominating by the other team just giving up on challenging him. Gasol hardly went into the lane, and usually only if Bogut wasnt on him. Randolph was a shell of himself and Bogut switched onto him often.

Not to mention how important Boguts screen setting and passing are. He was something like +26 last night, and that was mostly against their starters.

You crazy man
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#1236 » by Mylie10 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:00 pm

I do love Jordan Clarkson......He's highly under rated. I th I k he's done enough that the Lakers will work hard to bring him back.

Shved too is a nice sleeper pick. He's very skilled and in the right situation and system, like ours, he could be a really nice fit.

I'd say right now the biggest hole on the team is back up scorer. Even though Mo is damned good there.
Khoee wrote “
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1237 » by Quazza » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:23 am

jason bourne wrote:next season.

Hassan Whiteside. $948K RFA. This guy would start immediately over Bogut.

yer no he wouldn't, not on this team
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1238 » by jason bourne » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:48 am

Mylie10 wrote:Hassan Whiteside would not start over Bogut...you're crazy.....Bogut would eat his lunch in a series. And Bgut does so much more for us than the stats look like.

Last night, if you just looked at his raw box score numbers, you'd think he was crap. But anyone who watched the game saw Bogut dominating by the other team just giving up on challenging him. Gasol hardly went into the lane, and usually only if Bogut wasnt on him. Randolph was a shell of himself and Bogut switched onto him often.

Not to mention how important Boguts screen setting and passing are. He was something like +26 last night, and that was mostly against their starters.

You crazy man

One game is too small a sample size, but that's beside the point. Bogut has not done enough this season to earn his bread. He's had very few good games. Where are the dub-dubs?

As for playoff games, he's played a grand total of 12 games for GSW and 327 mins which is less than backup PG Jarrett Jack in 2012.

Grant it that Whiteside has not had the competition of Bogut, but neither has Bogut been pressed for his starter's job by someone like Whiteside.

We have been looking for a backup for Bogut so long that the best backup could be Bogut himself. Try and get Whiteside and start Whiteside. That strategy is not crazy at all.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1239 » by Quazza » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:27 am

I really whiteside (he's taking me to to the Fantasy promise land) but he'd be AWFUL in our offense. He has 4 assists this year

this year
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#1240 » by migya » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:49 am

Whiteside would be a great addition, but Miami likely will keep him and other teams will be pursuing him. On what he's shown and potential alone he might get 14 million or more per season by some team. For two or three seasons behind Bogut, Whiteside could get very good teaching but he wouldn't start over him until he showed improvement offensively, with passing being important.

Bogut is so much more than his stats show and having him is great, he fits better than maybe any Center there is right now and better than most Centers in nba history. Curry, Klay and the other shooters on the team need a Center that doesn't look to score much and sets good screens and passes well. Bogut is that and his playing style doesn't rely on athleticism so he should be able to play at his current level to at least until he's 35/36 years old.

Return to Golden State Warriors