ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#481 » by Jester_ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:01 pm

jason bourne wrote:My top FA is... TA-DAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH... Kobe Bryant. He really likes playing with Steve Blake, so maybe Blake can talk him into signing with GSW next season. Of course, LAL will have to buy out Kobe as he isn't a FA. I can't see Kobe wanting to play for LAL in a rebuilding mode next year and he wants a shot for a sixth ring before retiring.

Heeeellll naw. Kobe's a wank stain we don't want associated with this organization. He isn't very good anymore either.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#482 » by NuWarriors » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:43 pm

jason bourne wrote:
and1GS wrote:
Quazza wrote:
Would be great getting a player of that caliber, but **** it being Kobe. How does one handle that?

a furious session of asphyxiation masturbation, with mere rope tension deciding your fate

And we have a winner!

Lol, the asphyxiation masturbation was pretty good. Still, we went after Dwight and now we have Blake, so why not Kobe as a FA? Many Ws fans would take Phil Jackson if he wanted to come here.

If the Ws won't sign him, then MIA, IND, OKC, LAC, and more would. So, if Kobe got his sixth ring with the Ws, then I would not mind. After that, then you can go back to hating him as he'll return to LAL in some capacity. I can't see him playing with a rebuilding LAL team at his age and health.

I don't know where you been but Kobe signed a two year extension with the Lakers... he's not a free agent until 2016-17.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#483 » by jason bourne » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:41 am

NuWarriors wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
and1GS wrote:
And we have a winner!

Lol, the asphyxiation masturbation was pretty good. Still, we went after Dwight and now we have Blake, so why not Kobe as a FA? Many Ws fans would take Phil Jackson if he wanted to come here.

If the Ws won't sign him, then MIA, IND, OKC, LAC, and more would. So, if Kobe got his sixth ring with the Ws, then I would not mind. After that, then you can go back to hating him as he'll return to LAL in some capacity. I can't see him playing with a rebuilding LAL team at his age and health.

I don't know where you been but Kobe signed a two year extension with the Lakers... he's not a free agent until 2016-17.

Yow. With his injuries, I thought he signed a one-year deal. That's REALLY getting paid.

It looks like Ws are stuck with Klay unless a trade is made. I can see the Ws over paying Klay to keep him because of the lack of picks. Maybe Craw or Barnes steps up their game and challenges him for a starting spot.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Post#484 » by NuWarriors » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:25 pm

jason bourne wrote:
NuWarriors wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

Yow. With his injuries, I thought he signed a one-year deal. That's REALLY getting paid.

It looks like Ws are stuck with Klay unless a trade is made. I can see the Ws over paying Klay to keep him because of the lack of picks. Maybe Craw or Barnes steps up their game and challenges him for a starting spot.

I don't agree that we are "stuck" with Klay... he's heads above either Crawford or Barnes. Defensively he's light-years ahead. He's an above average 2 playing on a rookie contract and he's still developing. I'm not going to endorse getting rid of him because a few posters don't like him. Nor am I for replacing him with the corpse of Kobe Bryant.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#485 » by shazam_guy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:19 pm

This makes too much sense. Fans don't want sense, they want change NOW every time the team hits a bump. If we'd got rid of everyone people have complained about and wanted dumped since I've been on this board, we'd be struggling in any division except in the D-League.

Out, per a decent sized complaint department of fans: Curry. Thompson. Lee. Draymond Green. Barnes. Bogut.

Doesn't leave much left, does it? And by the end of the year, Iguodala will probably have joined that group, which means our entire starting line-up, plus our sixth and seventh men.

Why Fans Don't Run Professional Sports.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#486 » by Onus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:15 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -Favorites

The San Antonio Spurs also remain a viable possibility for Granger. The Spurs plan on pitching Granger on the concept of him becoming a version of Robert Horry for them.

Mmmm sounds like something I proposed last year.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#487 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:42 am

Some nice role players waived and we won't be players.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#488 » by statsman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:05 am

Left*My*Heart wrote:Some nice role players waived and we won't be players.

Warriors can fit one under the luxury tax threshold, but the Warriors are not even mentioned as a team with potential interest.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#489 » by Coxy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:08 am

Onus wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232169/Danny-Granger-Agrees-To-Buyout-Clippers-Appear-To-Be-Favorites

The San Antonio Spurs also remain a viable possibility for Granger. The Spurs plan on pitching Granger on the concept of him becoming a version of Robert Horry for them.

Granger would be a sick signing for us. Give us so many options on the floor.

Would push Harrison further down the rotation too.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#490 » by cdubbz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:39 am

Coxy wrote:
Onus wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/232169/Danny-Granger-Agrees-To-Buyout-Clippers-Appear-To-Be-Favorites

Granger would be a sick signing for us. Give us so many options on the floor.

Would push Harrison further down the rotation too.

this board is ridiculous with the Barnes hate.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#491 » by FNQ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:02 pm

Wouldnt want Granger for the same reason I didn't want Blake.. minor upgrade.

Moot point though, since we already made our move and you have to think our FO feels we're two deep at every position. Doesn't inspire confidence to me.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#492 » by Coxy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:00 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Wouldnt want Granger for the same reason I didn't want Blake.. minor upgrade.

Moot point though, since we already made our move and you have to think our FO feels we're two deep at every position. Doesn't inspire confidence to me.

You may not be calling the upgrade from Barnes to Granger minor, but if you are, I'd say it's like going from a Nissan Camry with wheel alignment issues to a Porsche boxter.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#493 » by 510TWSS » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm

shazam_guy wrote:This makes too much sense. Fans don't want sense, they want change NOW every time the team hits a bump. If we'd got rid of everyone people have complained about and wanted dumped since I've been on this board, we'd be struggling in any division except in the D-League.

Out, per a decent sized complaint department of fans: Curry. Thompson. Lee. Draymond Green. Barnes. Bogut.

Doesn't leave much left, does it? And by the end of the year, Iguodala will probably have joined that group, which means our entire starting line-up, plus our sixth and seventh men.

Why Fans Don't Run Professional Sports.

Welcome to Realgm. Are you not entertained?! Are you not entertained?!
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#494 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Coxy wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:Wouldnt want Granger for the same reason I didn't want Blake.. minor upgrade.

You may not be calling the upgrade from Barnes to Granger minor, but if you are, I'd say it's like going from a Nissan Camry with wheel alignment issues to a Porsche boxter.
You're right, if we're referring to 2010 Granger. But there's no indication that 2014 Granger can get back to that level. Remember the sentiment that the Pacers upgraded by trading him for Evan Turner....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#495 » by Onus » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:29 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Coxy wrote:

You're right, if we're referring to 2010 Granger. But there's no indication that 2014 Granger can get back to that level. Remember the sentiment that the Pacers upgraded by trading him for Evan Turner....

To be fair, Evan Turner is better than Barnes currently, that bar isn't very high.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#496 » by InWestWeTrust » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Coxy wrote:

Nissan Altima?

Toyota makes the Camry

I think Barnes would be a Camry
Coxy
RealGM

Post#497 » by Coxy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:24 pm

InWestWeTrust wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Nissan Altima?

Toyota makes the Camry

I think Barnes would be a Camry

Bah! Meant Toyota...............

Yes, Barnes is a Camry.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#498 » by Jester_ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Barnes can't be a Toyota. Toyota's are reliable.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#499 » by old rem » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:09 am

Jester_ wrote:Barnes can't be a Toyota. Toyota's are reliable.

Mine never has had a problem. I really ought to poke around ..cause for a change I hardly know the location of the stuff under the hood.

Based on the Bulls game....we could use a Camry.
CENSORED... No comment.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#500 » by Coxy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 am

OK.

Barnes is an 86' Tarana.

My god work with me people please.

Return to Golden State Warriors