ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#1601 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jul 8, 2015 7:57 pm

Sort of sorry on Jordan's part, even attending this meeting. I know he can change his mind, but at this point in time sure hoses up the works for the Mavs. His feuding with Paul is now out front as well.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1602 » by and1GS » Wed Jul 8, 2015 8:00 pm

statsman wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
and1GS wrote:
:lol: That would be one of the most bizarre things I've seen. Has that happened before in recent NBA? Reneg on a decision late in the game?

Turkoglu committed to Portland, and then changed his mind to go to Toronto several years ago. But I don't think that was several days later (as in DJ's case), I think it was just a day later, so Portland was able to recover. That's what's devastating about this if DJ changes his mind - other viable options Dallas might have had have disappeared in the interceding days.

Probably would have gone after Brooks instead. And with the salary difference, could have picked up another quality FA. This really screws over the Mavs if it happens, and the same goes for those players who might have wanted to go to the Mavs instead of where they ended up. Just ugly all around.

Are you referring to Aaron Brooks?

I obviously hope DeAndre goes to Dallas, because he's a limited player that needs to be in a strong system to excel, but going back to LAC would still be funny.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#1603 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jul 8, 2015 8:01 pm

So do the Warriors offer Wallace to the Mavs for Dirk? Cuban said he wants to go into full tank mode if they miss out this off season.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#1604 » by statsman » Wed Jul 8, 2015 8:02 pm

and1GS wrote:
statsman wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Turkoglu committed to Portland, and then changed his mind to go to Toronto several years ago. But I don't think that was several days later (as in DJ's case), I think it was just a day later, so Portland was able to recover. That's what's devastating about this if DJ changes his mind - other viable options Dallas might have had have disappeared in the interceding days.

Probably would have gone after Brooks instead. And with the salary difference, could have picked up another quality FA. This really screws over the Mavs if it happens, and the same goes for those players who might have wanted to go to the Mavs instead of where they ended up. Just ugly all around.

Are you referring to Aaron Brooks?

I obviously hope DeAndre goes to Dallas, because he's a limited player that needs to be in a strong system to excel, but going back to LAC would still be funny.

Sorry, meant Brook, as in Brook Lopez. Then I really meant Robin Lopez. Ugh.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1605 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 3:09 am

I'm thinking vet minimum for Luis Scola....or maybe Gary Neal at this point.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,248

Post#1606 » by wco81 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 3:11 am

Neal gave verbal agreement to sign with Washington.

But maybe he'll pull a DeAndre.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1607 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 3:15 am

wco81 wrote:Neal gave verbal agreement to sign with Washington.

But maybe he'll pull a DeAndre.

LOL..my bad
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#1608 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu Jul 9, 2015 5:15 am

Can you guys imagine if DJ had accepted a contract offer from us after we had used our amnesty to cut some scrub just to have enough room to sign him to an offer sheet only to have him turn around and resign with the Clips? That woulda sucked.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#1609 » by lars_rosenberg » Thu Jul 9, 2015 11:10 am

I hate the Clippers even more now.
That was a dick move by DJ and the Clippers.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#1610 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jul 9, 2015 12:19 pm

Jordan not only backed out of his oral commitment to the Mavs, he also stood them up last night. He promised Cuban a final meeting and he wouldn't answer his phone or texts. Cuban was driving around Houston trying to find his address. Sorry move by a an immature turd. At least he could have been a man about it. He could have communicated to the Mavs that he changed his mind, but gave them no time react.

This might be the end of the playoff run for the Mavs and the Dirkdom.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#1611 » by NBAfan3024 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 1:05 pm

If you're dallas how sick do you feel this morning
rcfc1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,586

Post#1612 » by rcfc1 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 1:12 pm

As if the Clippers couldn't draw even more fan hate. This is too good. They have cemented themselves as the absolute dogs of the league.
floppymoose wrote:I'm starting to see the value of adding Durant.
DaHef
Pro Prospect
And1: 170

Post#1613 » by DaHef » Thu Jul 9, 2015 2:32 pm

rcfc1 wrote:As if the Clippers couldn't draw even more fan hate. This is too good. They have cemented themselves as the absolute dogs of the league.

Clippers not only flop, they flip.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Re: 

Post#1614 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jul 9, 2015 2:40 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:If you're dallas how sick do you feel this morning

Cuban and Fegan are extremely butt hurt this morning.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Re: 

Post#1615 » by InWestWeTrust » Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:23 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:If you're dallas how sick do you feel this morning

It'd feel like my woman running away with her ex a day before our engagement party. Ice cold
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Free Agent Talk 

Post#1616 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:41 pm

DaHef wrote:
rcfc1 wrote:As if the Clippers couldn't draw even more fan hate. This is too good. They have cemented themselves as the absolute dogs of the league.

Clippers not only flop, they flip.

I think fans and teams around the league are probably furious about this (i.e. it's not just the Mavericks). Jordan basically screwed over a team, completely altering their plans this off-season, and nobody will have any sympathy for him because of the flippant, smug way he and the Clippers handled it at the end. A simple phone call to Cuban saying "Mark, I realize I made a mistake, but I need to go back to LA; I'm sorry, because I know this messes you up" is all it would have taken. But the immaturity with how they handled it - nobody likes that.

I think with this move, the Clippers probably became the most hated team in the league, and Jordan will get hassled in every opposing building all year. I personally can't wait to see fans' emojis held up as banners in road arenas all year... I bet there's some real creativity shown.

And I suspect there's going to be more hard fouls committed on Jordan and the rest of the Clippers all year. Hack-a-Jordan could get pretty brutal physically.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
wco81
RealGM

Post#1617 » by wco81 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:59 pm

It was a dumb thing to want to build around Jordan anyways.

He was one of the biggest free agents but he wouldn't have made the Mavs contenders. He is a lot younger but not a lot better than Chandler.

And who knows if Matthews will be the same coming back from injury. He's a tough player but not sure he's an offensive upgrade over Monta.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1618 » by and1GS » Thu Jul 9, 2015 5:06 pm

wco81 wrote:It was a dumb thing to want to build around Jordan anyways.

He was one of the biggest free agents but he wouldn't have made the Mavs contenders. He is a lot younger but not a lot better than Chandler.

And who knows if Matthews will be the same coming back from injury. He's a tough player but not sure he's an offensive upgrade over Monta.

He's a massive defensive upgrade and is actually the size of a prototypical SG. Those two facts alone make him far more valuable than Monta.

DeAndre would not have made them contenders, but he was the bridge to their future. Without him they're a ragtag group of guys **** away Dirk's final years.

I think this is a good time to remind everyone that I met a girl DeAndre hooked up with a bit in college and she said he loves to get his salad tossed. Do with that as you will.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
wco81
RealGM

Post#1619 » by wco81 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 5:17 pm

He was before the Achilles injury. We'll see if he's the same.

Cuban is talking about tanking ("step back") but I don't think the draft is suppose to be as strong unless you get the very first pick.

Of course a lot of free agents but everyone is going to court Durant, as long as he doesn't have more foot problems this year.
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#1620 » by GS Warriors 1 » Thu Jul 9, 2015 9:45 pm

Enes Kanter reportedly close to signing a max offer sheet with Portland.

Return to Golden State Warriors