ImageImageImageImageImage

Andre Iguodala hates being called "Iggy"

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

What should Andre Iguodala's nickname be??

Poll ended at Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:25 am

The Other A.I
3%
Dre
42%
AI9
3%
Dredala
13%
Just keep it as Iggy
39%

Total votes: 38

mayo63
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Andre Iguodala hates being called "Iggy" 

Post#21 » by mayo63 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Egg head.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#22 » by turk3d » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Igsnatch.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
EpicUdoh
Junior
And1: 14

Post#23 » by EpicUdoh » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:15 pm

I think it's already too late to change his nickname now. It pretty much has already been established and the masses know him as iggy. I can't imagine calling him anything else and it shouldn't matter that he doesn't like it as long as you don't call him it in person. It's not like he reads these forums, cringing every time he gets called "iggy."
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#24 » by TaylorMonkey » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:34 pm

ivang101 wrote:Igloo

Igloo and the Human Torch

One lights opponents up. The other cools them down.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#25 » by whocurrz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:16 pm

Dre?
I know it is not as fun but it's way easier

Taylor Monkeys idea is good
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
mayo63
Ballboy

Post#26 » by mayo63 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Peanut head.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#27 » by and1GS » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:56 pm

I had the human torch name, and if we're doing tandem names how about The Ambiguously Gay Duo?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#28 » by giberish » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:32 pm

and1GS wrote:I had the human torch name, and if we're doing tandem names how about The Ambiguously Gay Duo?

Isn't that a better fit for Jefferson and Biedrins?
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#29 » by BW32 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:54 pm

Not calling him Dre I already call Andris that and Iggy is clearly lower on the nickname priority.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#30 » by whocurrz » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 pm

BW32 wrote:Not calling him Dre I already call Andris that and Iggy is clearly lower on the nickname priority.

Well most other people call Andris "Worthless", "Beans", "Mystic Tan" "Dead weight" "Biggest waste of money/ roster space/ insert whatever in the NBA", or some combination of curse words so Dre could still catch on for Iguodala with most people :D
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Iversean
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#31 » by Iversean » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:48 pm

EpicUdoh wrote:I think it's already too late to change his nickname now. It pretty much has already been established and the masses know him as iggy. I can't imagine calling him anything else and it shouldn't matter that he doesn't like it as long as you don't call him it in person. It's not like he reads these forums, cringing every time he gets called "iggy."

I don't expect him to read these forums. But if one fan by one fan, fan to fan slowly spreads the knowledge to call him Dre instead of Iggy it will make a difference. Slowly but surely.

I think he doesn't like the name Iggy in large part to the rockstar as known as Iggy Pop.

I'm pretty sure fans might call him that, maybe if they saw him at a game and was asking for an autograph? Or if you saw him in the streets asking for a photo, people might be like "IGGYYYY, WAIIITTTT" and he keeps walking like.. " I don't respond to Iggy." Ha ha

He's in GS for 3-4 years barring a trade so we have time.
BayAreaFan
Junior
And1: 111

Post#32 » by BayAreaFan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:01 pm

EpicUdoh wrote:I think it's already too late to change his nickname now. It pretty much has already been established and the masses know him as iggy. I can't imagine calling him anything else and it shouldn't matter that he doesn't like it as long as you don't call him it in person. It's not like he reads these forums, cringing every time he gets called "iggy."

Until you go to his personal instagram page that he manages himself and every fan calls him "iggy." Lol, I bet he gets annoyed with that. I noticed a few Bay Area fans calling him "dre" on his IG now probably because they saw this thread.
warriortone
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#33 » by warriortone » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:08 am

I can't believe the current second most votes is for him to CONTINUE USING THE SAME NAME HE SAYS HE HATES. Can someone please explain that one.

My original vote for him is Mr. Everything
and
Steph should be The Golden Child
Sleepy51 wrote: a full blown groupthink brainfart
thejigglyroom
Rookie
And1: 1,192

Post#34 » by thejigglyroom » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:27 am

I Dolla
Nyk_Fatboy:
Carmelos better than durant, Lance stephensons better than harden, Wade, Wall, Derozan, Parker, Westbrick and i prefer antetokoumpo over Griffin, bosh and dirk but its debatable
mayo63
Ballboy

Post#35 » by mayo63 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:12 am

Cone head.
willywazza
Bench Warmer
And1: 412

Post#36 » by willywazza » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:28 am

IGLOO.
Strange Clouds
Banned User
And1: 222

Post#37 » by Strange Clouds » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:51 am

Me and my boy call him iggy pop
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#38 » by Quazza » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:56 am

warriortone wrote:I can't believe the current second most votes is for him to CONTINUE USING THE SAME NAME HE SAYS HE HATES. Can someone please explain that one.

Pfftt

for 48 million, you could call me Adolf Hitler the pole smoker
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#39 » by cladden » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:11 am

Iversean wrote:

I don't expect him to read these forums. But if one fan by one fan, fan to fan slowly spreads the knowledge to call him Dre instead of Iggy it will make a difference. Slowly but surely.

I think he doesn't like the name Iggy in large part to the rockstar as known as Iggy Pop.

I'm pretty sure fans might call him that, maybe if they saw him at a game and was asking for an autograph? Or if you saw him in the streets asking for a photo, people might be like "IGGYYYY, WAIIITTTT" and he keeps walking like.. " I don't respond to Iggy." Ha ha

He's in GS for 3-4 years barring a trade so we have time.

Iggy Pop is a legend. He should be so honored.
Iversean
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#40 » by Iversean » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:20 pm

warriortone wrote:I can't believe the current second most votes is for him to CONTINUE USING THE SAME NAME HE SAYS HE HATES. Can someone please explain that one.

I think there are some trolls that came here just to vote for that option.. for the lulz of corz. Which is perfectly ok, I put the keep as Iggy option there for the exact same reason. :nod: :crazy: :nod:

Dre it is!

Return to Golden State Warriors