ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WILD)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Re: Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WIL 

Post#2081 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:28 pm

statsman wrote:
turk3d wrote:Just spitballing but might we be interested in the following trade (would move Lee to Boston)?

Lee (2 years) + Speights (expiring) for Wallace (2 years) + Bass (expiring):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kjat5up

Curious as to what you guys think. This could save us approximately a few mil in cap space the following year I believe.

I was thinking that maybe we could bring Wallace off the bench (rather than starting him, start Bass instead).

Maybe even turn it into a 3-way to entice the Wolves.

I have been a proponent of moving Lee for over the last year for roster/cap flexibility, but this is not a trade I would do.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,837

Post#2082 » by giberish » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 pm

turk3d wrote:Just spitballing but might we be interested in the following trade (would move Lee to Boston)?

Curious as to what you guys think. This could save us approximately a few mil in cap space the following year I believe.

I was thinking that maybe we could bring Wallace off the bench (rather than starting him, start Bass instead).

While I'm for not just proposing homer trades, this really takes it too far the other way. So I'll pile on.

Wallace and Bass are below-average backups. If GS is dumping Lee for below-average backups they should all be EC's (even then I wouldn't go that route, but it would at least make some sense. This deal makes GS worse this year while only saving ~$4M in salary next year (and Lee has more on-court value than that).

I also don't see how this would be appealing at all to the Wolves. They don't want to go full Philly scorched-earth rebuild, so Lee as a starting PF has value to them (that hasn't been the hold-up at all).
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#2083 » by turk3d » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:59 pm

giberish wrote:

While I'm for not just proposing homer trades, this really takes it too far the other way. So I'll pile on.

Wallace and Bass are below-average backups. If GS is dumping Lee for below-average backups they should all be EC's (even then I wouldn't go that route, but it would at least make some sense. This deal makes GS worse this year while only saving ~$4M in salary next year (and Lee has more on-court value than that).

I also don't see how this would be appealing at all to the Wolves. They don't want to go full Philly scorched-earth rebuild, so Lee as a starting PF has value to them (that hasn't been the hold-up at all).

It really isn't as bad as some of you make it out. Wallace is probably still a good defender. And we'd still have Dray (whom many seem to think he should start over Lee anyway) and Bass is pretty good offensively (similar to what Landry was). And perhaps we could route (Bass (or Wallace) to Minny to take back Martin. Just a thought since it appears that Flip is averse to taking Lee back in a deal. If not, it does add some more depth to our team.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
giberish
RealGM

Post#2084 » by giberish » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Bass is more Mo Speights. Bad D + overeager to miss long-2's. He's better than Mo, but even a rich man's Mo Speights isn't appealing as more than emergency depth. Wallace probably has more on-court value, but mostly for teams thin and/or weak at SF which really isn't GS.

I also haven't seen or heard anything about Flip not wanting Lee back. It's just that GS is only offering Lee and little else, and Flip wants significant incentive to swap Love for Lee. Flip would want even more incentive to swap Love for Wallace (or else Love would be a Celtic).
Special-K
Senior
And1: 26

Post#2085 » by Special-K » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:37 pm

How about this trade with Portland:

Speights & Barnes for Robin Lopez & first round pick

This would save us around a million bucks and provide a solid defensive center as insurance if Bogut goes down again.
nate2005dubs
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#2086 » by nate2005dubs » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Special-K wrote:How about this trade with Portland:

This would save us around a million bucks and provide a solid defensive center as insurance if Bogut goes down again.

Why the hell would they do this? Lose their starting center (and great chemistry) for two **** players right now who wouldn't help their bench while moving no-D Kaman to the starting spot...

Special-K
Senior
And1: 26

Post#2087 » by Special-K » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:18 pm

nate2005dubs wrote:

Why the hell would they do this? Lose their starting center (and great chemistry) for two **** players right now who wouldn't help their bench while moving no-D Kaman to the starting spot...

Just a thought buddy. Am I being too greedy? Should I pull the pick? Lopez isnt exactly an all star and from my understanding, Kaman was brought there to start. Portland has a recent history of acquiring another teams bust of a talent player so maybe they like Barnes as I'm sure many other teams do as well.

I think it's silly to think Barnes isn't worth Robin Lopez.
giberish
RealGM

Post#2088 » by giberish » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:35 pm

Kaman was brought in to backup Lopez. I'm not sure he's even a good backup at this point, but there aren't a lot of sure things on the backup C market. He certainly wasn't brought in to start (except as with all reserves - if Lopez gets injured).

Barnes may have more trade value than Lopez to random 3rd teams, but a win-now team isn't dealing their starting C and creating a significant hole there (Kaman as a starter for any length of time is bleak) without major incentive.
nate2005dubs
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#2089 » by nate2005dubs » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:35 am

Personally I think Barnes will be a much better player than Robin Lopez in two years. But he has almost no trade value. Mareese Speights is a negative. Robin Lopez is a solid defense center who played an important role for them last year. I don't even think they would do Barnes and Ezeli for Lopez.

turk3d
RealGM

Post#2090 » by turk3d » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:05 pm

Lopez had an excellent year for the Suns last year and there's no way they'd be looking to trade him.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2091 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:32 pm

turk3d wrote:Lopez had an excellent year for the Suns last year and there's no way they'd be looking to trade him.

Lopez played for the Blazers last year pal.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#2092 » by ChuckDurn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:50 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
turk3d wrote:Lopez had an excellent year for the Suns last year and there's no way they'd be looking to trade him.

He might be talking about the third Lopez triplet.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#2093 » by turk3d » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:57 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Well whoever it was he had a very good year.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#2094 » by Quazza » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:28 pm

turk3d wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

you obviously saw him heaps :lol:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#2095 » by Jester_ » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:08 pm

turk3d wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

Well given you clearly didn't watch him, I'm assuming you're basing this assesment on stats? ;)
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#2096 » by turk3d » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:43 pm

Jester_ wrote:
turk3d wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:He might be talking about the third Lopez triplet.....

Well given you clearly didn't watch him, I'm assuming you're basing this assesment on stats? ;)

I saw him a couple of games, and I remember the announcers talking about how he was doing, and yes, I checked his stats. Just forgot what games they were. I remember he (surprisingly) looked pretty good (a lot more agressive than he'd been in the past). Just had a memory fart (that's what old age does to you). :)

Always get confused with Portland and Phoenix (same team, lol).
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#2097 » by Jester_ » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Yea just messing with you Turk, lol
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#2098 » by turk3d » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Jester_ wrote:Yea just messing with you Turk, lol

No prob, Jester. I can take a little beating once in a while (seeing that I probably deserve it), lol.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#2099 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 pm

It would take at least Festus Ezeli and Harrison Barnes for Robin Lopez and their 1st Round Pick.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#2100 » by turk3d » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:27 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:

It would take at least Festus Ezeli and Harrison Barnes for Robin Lopez and their 1st Round Pick.

Probably would be easier for us to get Brook (might even be able to get him for Lee straight up).

Return to Golden State Warriors