ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WILD)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

nate2005dubs
Sophomore
And1: 37

Re: Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WIL 

Post#2021 » by nate2005dubs » Wed Jul 9, 2014 11:00 am

ChuckDurn wrote:Charlotte is trying desperately to get talent, as evidenced by their max offer to Hayward (which Utah will supposedly match). They also just lost their starting PF (McRoberts) to Miami, though they did draft Vonleh. I have to think that they don't want to have to count on him for the next 2 years, particularly as they're trying to build coming off a playoff run. Anybody see a trade opportunity with them, involving Lee going there? It could be a direct swap, or a 3-way with Minnesota (as everybody is trying to do right about now).....

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Yeah.. I'd give it a go but ESPN's Trade Machine is down. Is it always down in the offseason (with no contract values)?

statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#2022 » by statsman » Wed Jul 9, 2014 1:30 pm

nate2005dubs wrote:Yeah.. I'd give it a go but ESPN's Trade Machine is down. Is it always down in the offseason (with no contract values)?

As the official salary cap and luxury tax threshold numbers aren't released until July 10, it makes sense. What would they base the trades on otherwise?
nate2005dubs
Sophomore

Post#2023 » by nate2005dubs » Wed Jul 9, 2014 1:47 pm

statsman wrote:
nate2005dubs wrote:Yeah.. I'd give it a go but ESPN's Trade Machine is down. Is it always down in the offseason (with no contract values)?

As the official salary cap and luxury tax threshold numbers aren't released until July 10, it makes sense. What would they base the trades on otherwise?

I understand but they could still keep them up so we could have an idea salary-wise based on last year's cap and then taking into account ourselves the likely increase. I mean they could have a side-not (warning) and it would still be nice.

nate2005dubs
Sophomore

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WILD) 

Post#2024 » by nate2005dubs » Wed Jul 9, 2014 2:55 pm

What do you guys think of a three-way trade with the Wolves and Knicks?

Warriors give: Lee, Thompson, Speights, Ezeli, 2015 1st
Warriors get: Shumpert, Love, Dalembert, Martin

Wolves give: Love, Martin, Budinger, Mbah a Moute
Wolves get: Stoudemire, Speights, Thompson, Blake (s&t) and/or Crawford (s&t), 2015 1st

Knicks give: Stoudemire, Shumpert, Dalembert
Knicks get: Lee, Budinger, Mbah a Moute, Ezeli

Warriors:
Curry/Shumpert/Iggy/Love/Bogut/Livingston/Martin/Barnes/Green/Dalembert
Solid 10-man rotation. We get a 3-D young player coming off a bad season (on the trading block) with great potential. Poor man's Klay Thompson and perfect fit, allowing Iggy to stay on the bench. We also get a young, always healthy C, while getting rid of Lee's bad contract. Martin gives us a scoring punch. While we would commit to being in the luxury tax, we wouldn't have to give Klay a huge extension and would have a solid, DEEP rotation for years to come, with a lot of upside in Shumpert, Barnes and Green.

Wolves:
Rubio/Thompson/Brewer/Stoudemire/Pekovic/Blake/Barea/Crawford/Muhammad/Speights/Dieng
Get Thompson, a future building block; Blake, a veteran pg to help Rubio learn to run an offense and shoot the 3, (big improvement over Barea), who can also play alongside Rubio. Get two expiring contracts in Stoudemire and Speights who can fill in their holes at the 4 position while playing some solid minutes and helping coach their young talent (bigs) in Muhammad and Dieng. Get rid of three bad contracts (Martin, Budinger, Mbah a Moute). Have enough money (25M) to make a BIG splash in the next offseason.

Knicks:
Calderon/Smith/(Melo)/Lee/Ezeli/Prigioni/Larkin/Hardaway/Budinger/Moute/Martin
Move Stoudemire for a much more productive and cheaper player in Lee (who they bring back and Melo loves). Get a solid, young, defensive C at a spot where they were lacking. Get Budinger and Moute at their weakest 3/4 spots. Moute and Ezeli can make up for the defensive weaknesses of Lee. Budinger and Moute are expiring contracts and would give the Knicks cap space next season.

Could be nice for all sides.

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2025 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:33 am

Lee and 2015 1st s&t Gasol (2 years 12 per)

TPE for Nash 9.7 expiring

Sign and sign trade Steve Blake for 4 mil to Timberwolves in Love deal.

Klay- Nash- Blake for Kevin Love

Just spit ballin....sign and trade Crawford for space. Try to trade Speights down the road for space.

Curry - Livingston - Nedovic
Iguodala - Livingston - Bazemore
Green - Barnes - Iguodala
Love - Gasol - Green - Speights
Bogut - Gasol - Ezeli - Kuzmic
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
SchruteFarm
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#2026 » by SchruteFarm » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:55 am

Mylie10 wrote:Lee and 2015 1st s&t Gasol (2 years 12 per)

Just spit ballin....sign and trade Crawford for space. Try to trade Speights down the road for space.

No way Minnesota does that, its basically Klay for Love with taking 2 point guards that they have no interest or need in. At least with Lee it feels a hole and he can be productive.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#2027 » by old rem » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:50 pm

WTF? Mylie...you usually do way better ideas. Nash now is DONE... so...we HELP the Lakers get cap to reel in several FA? He's negative value now.....yet here he's supposed to thrill the Wolves? Blake is expired..FA...if Minnyy wants him..they just use MLE. Lee had a better year than Gasol... but with Gasol even older...we pay him $12 mill per to be...basically..SPEIGHTS...backup big??? Our "shooting G" is Iggy...who's shooting was bad enough at SF. We Have TWO guys.,starting,.. just 2 who scored 10 ppg last year.......ya think that works?

I totally don't GET the whole "S=T Crawford for space"...what space? he's expired. I think declining his QO may even renounce any Bird Rights..if we had that. How the hell does Minny accept Nash and Blake?
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#2028 » by old rem » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:09 pm

nate2005dubs wrote:What do you guys think of a three-way trade with the Wolves and Knicks?

Warriors give: Lee, Thompson, Speights, Ezeli, 2015 1st
Warriors get: Shumpert, Love, Dalembert, Martin

Wolves give: Love, Martin, Budinger, Mbah a Moute
Wolves get: Stoudemire, Speights, Thompson, Blake (s&t) and/or Crawford (s&t), 2015 1st

Knicks give: Stoudemire, Shumpert, Dalembert
Knicks get: Lee, Budinger, Mbah a Moute, Ezeli

Warriors:
Curry/Shumpert/Iggy/Love/Bogut/Livingston/Martin/Barnes/Green/Dalembert
Solid 10-man rotation. We get a 3-D young player coming off a bad season (on the trading block) with great potential. Poor man's Klay Thompson and perfect fit, allowing Iggy to stay on the bench. We also get a young, always healthy C, while getting rid of Lee's bad contract. Martin gives us a scoring punch. While we would commit to being in the luxury tax, we wouldn't have to give Klay a huge extension and would have a solid, DEEP rotation for years to come, with a lot of upside in Shumpert, Barnes and Green.

Wolves:
Rubio/Thompson/Brewer/Stoudemire/Pekovic/Blake/Barea/Crawford/Muhammad/Speights/Dieng
Get Thompson, a future building block; Blake, a veteran pg to help Rubio learn to run an offense and shoot the 3, (big improvement over Barea), who can also play alongside Rubio. Get two expiring contracts in Stoudemire and Speights who can fill in their holes at the 4 position while playing some solid minutes and helping coach their young talent (bigs) in Muhammad and Dieng. Get rid of three bad contracts (Martin, Budinger, Mbah a Moute). Have enough money (25M) to make a BIG splash in the next offseason.

Knicks:
Calderon/Smith/(Melo)/Lee/Ezeli/Prigioni/Larkin/Hardaway/Budinger/Moute/Martin
Move Stoudemire for a much more productive and cheaper player in Lee (who they bring back and Melo loves). Get a solid, young, defensive C at a spot where they were lacking. Get Budinger and Moute at their weakest 3/4 spots. Moute and Ezeli can make up for the defensive weaknesses of Lee. Budinger and Moute are expiring contracts and would give the Knicks cap space next season.

Could be nice for all sides.

Wow...Dalembert is " young and always healthy" ??? Is there another Dalembert I don't know about.

Yes Martin...31 yr old now and $7 mill x 3 years ...can shoot" but because he's getting old and is AWFUL on D.. his value is at best...ZERO. The Love-Martin combo made the Wolves a BAD team on D...which killed any shot to be in the playoffs. I do not envy that.

NY is in this because? Amare is damaged goods..at best and paid over $20 mill is a VERY negative value... actually....pretty much untradeable. Shumpert is just a backup G...if he's a poor man's Klay...I'm a poor man's Rick Barry. We get a bunch of crap filler we never wanted. We CAVE IN like wimps to the Wolves ...not on ly give up Klay..eat the $$ onm Matrtin..who we can NOT play alongside Curry...but we bend over and toss in a pick...Ezeli...Speights? Is this about us starting from a BAD deal...and trying to make it worse? :crazy:
CENSORED... No comment.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2029 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:34 pm

old rem wrote:

WTF? Mylie...you usually do way better ideas. Nash now is DONE... so...we HELP the Lakers get cap to reel in several FA? He's negative value now.....yet here he's supposed to thrill the Wolves? Blake is expired..FA...if Minnyy wants him..they just use MLE. Lee had a better year than Gasol... but with Gasol even older...we pay him $12 mill per to be...basically..SPEIGHTS...backup big??? Our "shooting G" is Iggy...who's shooting was bad enough at SF. We Have TWO guys.,starting,.. just 2 who scored 10 ppg last year.......ya think that works?

I totally don't GET the whole "S=T Crawford for space"...what space? he's expired. I think declining his QO may even renounce any Bird Rights..if we had that. How the hell does Minny accept Nash and Blake?

I was bored and tired....sorry poor effort.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2030 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:36 pm

SchruteFarm wrote:

No way Minnesota does that, its basically Klay for Love with taking 2 point guards that they have no interest or need in. At least with Lee it feels a hole and he can be productive.

As for no interest....the Wolves supposedly want Blake. Nash is a 9.7 million dollar expiring. Klay is the target. Flip is not getting equal value for being backed into a corner so rest your neck.

I agree it was a poor attempt at a trade, but I was tired.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2031 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:38 pm

As shiny and new as Wiggins looks now.....I watched a lot of his games last year and he often floated in and out of games. He's nowhere enough of a competitor for me to go all gaga over him. He reminds me of Barnes to be honest. Mentally I mean.

There's a chance Wiggins never progresses to be a good as Klay who is an improving known commodity. So when undervaluing Klay Thompson, you shouldn't turn around and over value Wiggins.
Khoee wrote “
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#2032 » by DynastySS » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Mylie10 wrote:As shiny and new as Wiggins looks now.....I watched a lot of his games last year and he often floated in and out of games. He's nowhere enough of a competitor for me to go all gaga over him. He reminds me of Barnes to be honest. Mentally I mean.

There's a chance Wiggins never progresses to be a good as Klay who is an improving known commodity. So when undervaluing Klay Thompson, you shouldn't turn around and over value Wiggins.

Wiggins will be Barnes 2.0. I guarantee it.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2033 » by Mylie10 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Let's trade part of the TPE for Luis Scola....they need to clear space to sign Lance Stephenson. We can help.
Khoee wrote “
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#2034 » by Coxy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:59 pm

Mylie10 wrote:As shiny and new as Wiggins looks now.....I watched a lot of his games last year and he often floated in and out of games. He's nowhere enough of a competitor for me to go all gaga over him. He reminds me of Barnes to be honest. Mentally I mean.

I've said it for a while now, I don't get the hype on Wiggins, other than he could high jump over the Bay Bridge off a speed boat. Handles aren't great, shot isn't great and he doesn't really posses that killer one on one type game that stars seem to possess. Everyone is so enamored with his athletic ability they seem to see past his demeanor.

I remember when Grant Hill was coming into the NBA and they said the same sort of things. Amazing athleticism but not a superstar type. He looked to be a Pippen type role player and a darn good one, but his ball handling ability at his size was supreme and he had years in college to get that sorted. Maybe Wiggins is the same and a few years from now he gets it and turns into a star? I just don't see it though.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#2035 » by azwfan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:36 am

Coxy wrote:

I've said it for a while now, I don't get the hype on Wiggins, other than he could high jump over the Bay Bridge off a speed boat. Handles aren't great, shot isn't great and he doesn't really posses that killer one on one type game that stars seem to possess. Everyone is so enamored with his athletic ability they seem to see past his demeanor.

I remember when Grant Hill was coming into the NBA and they said the same sort of things. Amazing athleticism but not a superstar type. He looked to be a Pippen type role player and a darn good one, but his ball handling ability at his size was supreme and he had years in college to get that sorted. Maybe Wiggins is the same and a few years from now he gets it and turns into a star? I just don't see it though.

Wiggins looks like a Tracy McGrady type to me (demeanor wise). Ended up a really good player, but disappointing also.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2036 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:28 am

Jabari Parker and Randle have fire....Wiggins is an incredible athlete, but big question marks on the competative fire aspect.

If we trade Speights for Scola we could still save the Pacers around a million five or so.
Khoee wrote “
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#2037 » by Jester_ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:50 pm

Coxy wrote:

Coxy did you just call Scottie Pippen a role player
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#2038 » by Coxy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

BEST case scenario. He seems more Isiah Ridar right now though.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#2039 » by 510TWSS » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:45 pm

Coxy wrote:
Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:

BEST case scenario. He seems more Isiah Ridar right now though.

He'll have to perfect this shot to be Rider. I spent many an afternoon practicing this. :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfmWVR6e_5c[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfmWVR6e_5c
old rem
RealGM

Post#2040 » by old rem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Jabari Parker and Randle have fire....Wiggins is an incredible athlete, but big question marks on the competative fire aspect.

If we trade Speights for Scola we could still save the Pacers around a million five or so.

Scola? Ain't that idea 5 yr too late? Didn't we just give picks to dump expensive has beens? :roll:
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors