ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WILD)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Re: Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WIL 

Post#1441 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:14 pm

Phoenix has gobs of #1 picks, and a talented team. They could offer Minnesota Gerald Green, Markieff + Marcus Morris, and 2 #1's very easily, or other assets which are inexpensive but productive.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#1442 » by migya » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:21 pm

But Phoenix won't and Love wouldn't resign there with the team they'd have left. Phoenix did so well with a team revolving around their three very good guards, while having no bigs. Those two 1st round picks could get them at least one starting caliber big that could make them even better than this season. Also, Minnesota likely gets worse after such a trade, unless the draft picks impact immediately.

Love will want to go to a current contender that will still be one with him, as we would be. Minnesota has been awful basically since they came to the nba, bar a few years when Garnett took them to a few playoffs with all but one being a 1st round exit. They and their fans want success and they likely would only get better immediately getting Lee, Barnes and Blake or Speights. They will lose Love in one year for nothing.
PowerSteele
Bench Warmer
And1: 163

Post#1443 » by PowerSteele » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Rockets got Harden for Lamb und Steven Adams. After the Clippers series Lee straight-up should seal the deal. ;)
migya
Head Coach

Post#1444 » by migya » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Lee ain't Love, but yea, so far his performance against the Clips will only raise his value and Love is prime to be had this offseason.

Could well workout well for the team to finally get a proven superstar, though Curry is now one as well.
MilotheSlayer
Senior
And1: 261

Post#1445 » by MilotheSlayer » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:45 pm

What would you guys want for Harrison Barnes? (Phoenix fan). Also if we got Love I could see us flipping him for assets. So would you do a Klay/Barnes/Speights for Love and CFrye?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,260

Post#1446 » by Onus » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:33 am

MilotheSlayer wrote:What would you guys want for Harrison Barnes? (Phoenix fan). Also if we got Love I could see us flipping him for assets. So would you do a Klay/Barnes/Speights for Love and CFrye?

Instead of Frye can we have Gerald Green? Even if that's a no, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
MilotheSlayer
Senior

Post#1447 » by MilotheSlayer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:06 am

Onus wrote:
MilotheSlayer wrote:What would you guys want for Harrison Barnes? (Phoenix fan). Also if we got Love I could see us flipping him for assets. So would you do a Klay/Barnes/Speights for Love and CFrye?

Instead of Frye can we have Gerald Green? Even if that's a no, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Gerald is one of my favorites on the team so I wouldnt, Im sure the FO would. What about getting Barnes without Love? whats it take?
migya
Head Coach

Post#1448 » by migya » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 am

No.

Giving up too much, though Love is at the moment one of a kind and Frye is an asset big with his outside shooting, does little else though.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#1449 » by ChuckDurn » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Replace Klay with Lee, and you'd have a deal. (i.e. Love/Frye for Lee/Barnes/Speights.) Both financially and as "fit", if we were to acquire Love, we have to deal Lee. Not enough money for Love to join us with Lee, Bogut, Curry, and Iguodala all having big salaries as well.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1450 » by old rem » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:33 pm

MilotheSlayer wrote:
Onus wrote:

Gerald is one of my favorites on the team so I wouldnt, Im sure the FO would. What about getting Barnes without Love? whats it take?

It would take more than I think you'd be willing to give.

Currently...each of Barnes, Klay,Speights.. cost less than $4 mill. Each. Frye costs at least that and Love..is over $15 mill IF just a "rental". With GSW creating a PROBLEM at SG+ SF while getting a costly GLUT at PF.. how does it make any sense to take Frye?

GSw ain't the Knicks or Lakers...eager to trade CHEAP young talent for mega $ older guys who may not even fit a need.
CENSORED... No comment.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#1451 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 pm

MilotheSlayer wrote:
Onus wrote:

OBO
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
MilotheSlayer
Senior

Post#1452 » by MilotheSlayer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:50 pm

old rem wrote:
MilotheSlayer wrote:
Onus wrote:

Currently...each of Barnes, Klay,Speights.. cost less than $4 mill. Each. Frye costs at least that and Love..is over $15 mill IF just a "rental". With GSW creating a PROBLEM at SG+ SF while getting a costly GLUT at PF.. how does it make any sense to take Frye?

GSw ain't the Knicks or Lakers...eager to trade CHEAP young talent for mega $ older guys who may not even fit a need.

I agree, I do think that you guys have some depth that you could throw Minny's way to get Klove and I think you could easily convince him to sign back. I just want Barnes on Phoenix. I don't think he gets enough minutes playing with iggy, dgreen, klay, lee, speights. Barnes for the Wiz first and Frye??
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#1453 » by Sleepy51 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:16 pm

MilotheSlayer wrote:
old rem wrote:
MilotheSlayer wrote:Gerald is one of my favorites on the team so I wouldnt, Im sure the FO would. What about getting Barnes without Love? whats it take?

I agree, I do think that you guys have some depth that you could throw Minny's way to get Klove and I think you could easily convince him to sign back. I just want Barnes on Phoenix. I don't think he gets enough minutes playing with iggy, dgreen, klay, lee, speights. Barnes for the Wiz first and Frye??

Your protected first and Frye is a done deal
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
migya
Head Coach

Post#1454 » by migya » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:06 pm

This is just one that may seem a little of a mixing it up for both teams but works for both teams as well:

GS give Lee and Iguodala to Atlanta for Horford, Korver and Carroll.

With Antic the Hawks have an outside shooting big that is currently doing well for them and spreads the offense with his outside shooting. They lose outside shooting in Korver but gain more allround play and defense, as Iguodala allows them perimeter defense to go along with Millsap on the interior. Lee will score more in the East with how horrible it is over there and in all, the Hawks would win more.

We get another interior defender in Horford to go with Bogut but also as insurance if Bogut gets injured. Horford isn't as polished and versatile offensively as Lee, but rebounds about as well. Korver gives another outside shooter to the bench and perhaps more importantly allows DGreen to be the starting SF, which he could well do as he has shown it.

Iguodala is such a great defender and glue guy, but he won't get better than he is now and might well regress over the course of his contract. DGreen may flourish immediately next season starting and Korver has always been basically just an outside shooter but one a great one he is. Defense should hold up, who knows, maybe even improve as DGreen is looking like a very good defender already.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1455 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:23 pm

migya wrote:This is just one that may seem a little of a mixing it up for both teams but works for both teams as well:

With Antic the Hawks have an outside shooting big that is currently doing well for them and spreads the offense with his outside shooting. They lose outside shooting in Korver but gain more allround play and defense, as Iguodala allows them perimeter defense to go along with Millsap on the interior. Lee will score more in the East with how horrible it is over there and in all, the Hawks would win more.

We get another interior defender in Horford to go with Bogut but also as insurance if Bogut gets injured. Horford isn't as polished and versatile offensively as Lee, but rebounds about as well. Korver gives another outside shooter to the bench and perhaps more importantly allows DGreen to be the starting SF, which he could well do as he has shown it.

Iguodala is such a great defender and glue guy, but he won't get better than he is now and might well regress over the course of his contract. DGreen may flourish immediately next season starting and Korver has always been basically just an outside shooter but one a great one he is. Defense should hold up, who knows, maybe even improve as DGreen is looking like a very good defender already.

So we fire Jackson, make this trade and what do you think it does to our star player? Of course it depends on who we replace Jackson with, but trading Dre isn't going to go over well with Curry.

I would prefer to trade Lee and Barnes together, instead of Dre. Dre isn't going to hold back Green, who can get minutes at the 4 or the 3.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1456 » by old rem » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:22 am

migya wrote:But Phoenix won't and Love wouldn't resign there with the team they'd have left. Phoenix did so well with a team revolving around their three very good guards, while having no bigs. Those two 1st round picks could get them at least one starting caliber big that could make them even better than this season. Also, Minnesota likely gets worse after such a trade, unless the draft picks impact immediately.

Love will want to go to a current contender that will still be one with him, as we would be. Minnesota has been awful basically since they came to the nba, bar a few years when Garnett took them to a few playoffs with all but one being a 1st round exit. They and their fans want success and they likely would only get better immediately getting Lee, Barnes and Blake or Speights. They will lose Love in one year for nothing.

While the Wolves COULD lose Love.. Contenders seldom are under the cap by $18 mill..so even after next year the S+T is in play..and THEN..Love has his preferences..the Wolves see what's invetiable..the clock is ticking..

Now? Minny can still be picky and Love may not be sure what he wants. I'm not sure of the exact numbers for a Love extension..... I'd assume...about $17-20 mill at least. I'd not that if GSW still has Curry + Klay.. Love isn't the whole offense.. his scoring likely drops off a couple points.

A deal of Lee + Barnes +filler... I can live with thouggh it's not an easy sell to the Wolves. Lee would do fine but he's 31 next year.

I'd agree.. while the Suns mihave stuff to send.. they then have no better chance to contend if they send a lot.
CENSORED... No comment.
old rem
RealGM

Post#1457 » by old rem » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:37 am

Left*My*Heart wrote:
migya wrote:This is just one that may seem a little of a mixing it up for both teams but works for both teams as well:

So we fire Jackson, make this trade and what do you think it does to our star player? Of course it depends on who we replace Jackson with, but trading Dre isn't going to go over well with Curry.

I would prefer to trade Lee and Barnes together, instead of Dre. Dre isn't going to hold back Green, who can get minutes at the 4 or the 3.

We won 60% this year... got 2 playoff teas in a row. Jackson will ..I'm sure..get one more year (at least) as GSW shows a pattern of wantting more stability,less revolving door. If Atl is making a big change... Iggy + Lee are 30 NOW and combined.. about $27 mill. Given his numbers, age, salary.. I doubt Iggy currently can be traded for much,except high cost scrubs. I'd have to take this...even if Horford is perhaps a tad over-rated
CENSORED... No comment.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1458 » by Quazza » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:09 am

if anything, I'd say Horford is under rated. He was monstering before getting hurt
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach

Post#1459 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:15 am

Quazza wrote:if anything, I'd say Horford is under rated. He was monstering before getting hurt

Yep. Horford >> Lee. Much though I love Iguodala, you do the suggested Atlanta deal in a heartbeat. Korver and Carroll are both solid players in your own right, and Horford immediately becomes our second-best player. Horford can play PF or C equally well, and is good defensively - partly offsetting the loss of Iguodala. (Yes, I know they're at different positions.) With Green likely starting, Carroll actually fills some of that role off the bench.

Starting line-up of Curry, Thompson, Green, Horford, Bogut is one of the top couple in the league - 2 bonafide All-Stars (Curry, Horford), Thompson's gunning, Bogut and Green's defense, toughness, ball movement. Korver, Carroll, Barnes, Speights, Ezeli as key guys coming off the bench - would need to figure out (again) the right back-up PG. But that is an extremely solid group, I'd put them up against nearly anybody.

And Curry would get over it. He's a professional.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1460 » by Quazza » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:22 am

Carrol had a great season, he with Korver off the bench would be fantastic
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors