ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WILD)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,037

Re: Trade Thread (REVENGE OF THE NERDS III: TRADERS GONE WIL 

Post#1041 » by Jester_ » Fri Feb 7, 2014 4:30 pm

napsDUBS wrote:How about Taj Gibson? He played lethal against us and he is rumored to be on the Trading Block.

May as well just get Udoh back.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#1042 » by cj03 » Fri Feb 7, 2014 6:27 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
cj03 wrote:I'd rather have Love than Ibaka.

Love is the better player without a doubt, but he also costs a lot more and is a poor defender. Ibaka is cheaper, a much better defensive player and a lot more athletic. A Bogut-Ibaka front line would be extremely imposing and would make up for our poor perimeter defenders...Dre excluded.

Defense wins championships.

I'm not convinced Ibaka is a significantly better defender. Yea Ibaka blocks more shots, but that's not a very great indicator. Yes, Love's D at the rim is terrible (58%) but is that a result of Pek being terrible too? Somehow David Lee is top 15 (49%) at the rim defense. Perhaps that is due to Bogut, and Lee happens to be in the area when Bogut impacts/blocks the shot.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1043 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Feb 7, 2014 6:32 pm

cj03 wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
cj03 wrote:I'd rather have Love than Ibaka.

Love is the better player without a doubt, but he also costs a lot more and is a poor defender. Ibaka is cheaper, a much better defensive player and a lot more athletic. A Bogut-Ibaka front line would be extremely imposing and would make up for our poor perimeter defenders...Dre excluded.

I'm not convinced Ibaka is a significantly better defender. Yea Ibaka blocks more shots, but that's not a very great indicator. Yes, Love's D at the rim is terrible (58%) but is that a result of Pek being terrible too? Somehow David Lee is top 15 (49%) at the rim defense. Perhaps that is due to Bogut, and Lee happens to be in the area when Bogut impacts/blocks the shot.

You're kidding right? Love is no where near Ibaka as a defender. I will also take Ibaka's length as well.

Love is just a slightly better defender than Lee, if at all.
cj03
Starter

Post#1044 » by cj03 » Fri Feb 7, 2014 6:54 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
cj03 wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:Love is the better player without a doubt, but he also costs a lot more and is a poor defender. Ibaka is cheaper, a much better defensive player and a lot more athletic. A Bogut-Ibaka front line would be extremely imposing and would make up for our poor perimeter defenders...Dre excluded.

You're kidding right? Love is no where near Ibaka as a defender. I will also take Ibaka's length as well.

Love is just a slightly better defender than Lee, if at all.

Ibaka was notoriously overrated as a defender. I just wonder if he's gotten any better these days. Love's DRAPM is only slightly worse than Ibaka's, and Love's offensive impact is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Ibaka's. He's also the best rebounder in the league, and stretches the floor better than Ibaka does.
cj03
Starter

Post#1045 » by cj03 » Fri Feb 7, 2014 6:56 pm

Also, our deficiencies are on offense at this point. We're 4th in defensive efficiency, and 15th in offensive efficiency. You tell me what we need more help in. Defense is a part of the equation, but you need a superstar type scorer to win.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,860

Post#1046 » by 510TWSS » Fri Feb 7, 2014 7:30 pm

old rem wrote:
510TWSS wrote:I don't see anyway for Minnesota to not get Serge if Love is ending up in Oklahoma. What about:

Min Out: Love, AJ Price
Min In: Ibaka, Barnes

OKC Out: Ibaka, Lamb
OKC In: Love

GSW Out: Barnes
GSW In: Lamb, Price

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6421529

Oooh...that's a dud. Lamb does not impress me. Much rather work with Barnes. 8-)

Before the draft I was sour on both, but I think Lamb has made improvements from his first to second year. He's had a productive contribution thus far. Similar age. If lamb doesn't impress you, how pray tell is Barnes impressing? Either way, it's close enough I think we can leave it be and say to each their own.
510TWSS
General Manager

Post#1047 » by 510TWSS » Fri Feb 7, 2014 7:35 pm

Jester_ wrote:
napsDUBS wrote:How about Taj Gibson? He played lethal against us and he is rumored to be on the Trading Block.

If both were available I like Taj more, but just as a player comparison. Taj makes a lot more and will take more to get. I'd probably rather just get In N' Out then get a 5 Guys. Although Udoh is like getting a number 3 with no cheese rather than the double double.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#1048 » by Jester_ » Fri Feb 7, 2014 7:47 pm

510TWSS wrote:
Jester_ wrote:

If both were available I like Taj more, but just as a player comparison. Taj makes a lot more and will take more to get. I'd probably rather just get In N' Out then get a 5 Guys. Although Udoh is like getting a number 3 with no cheese rather than the double double.

Yeah, money's the main factor. Udoh's a much easier get, and when he was with us, he looked like a Taj in the making.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#1049 » by DLeagueAllStars » Fri Feb 7, 2014 9:12 pm

Im just gonna put all of my responses under one thought.

Trading Lamb for Barnes is dumb... With Klay and Dre on board I dont see really room for Lamb.

I would much rather have Love than Ibaka on this team. Having Love would be able to stretch the floor in the way that Barnes did in the playoffs last year but can still score in the post. Ibaka is a good weakside defender but his on ball D is still pretty average. Yes he is athletic, but our defense with Bogut, Dre and Klay is fine. This season is proof enough with that.

And with Taj and Udoh, Udoh is still garbage. He doesnt rebound at a good rate and Taj is a much better defender and scorer. I would say he is 10X the player that Udoh is. Not sure I would trade Barnes for Gibson in a deal unless we got a tad bit more coming back, but something along the lines of Gibson, CHAR 1st for Speights and Barnes MIGHT do it for me. I would need to look at the protection on that CHAR pick.
napsDUBS
Junior
And1: 46

Post#1050 » by napsDUBS » Fri Feb 7, 2014 9:47 pm

Jester_ wrote:

Ezeli and Udoh as back-up front court would be awesome, right?
rcg
Sophomore
And1: 11

Post#1051 » by rcg » Fri Feb 7, 2014 10:04 pm

If Hawes stays in Philly through the trade deadline we should consider him in free agency, especially if JO retires. More offense for the second unit. We might also consider picking him up before the trade deadline for speights, brooks and a second round pick that we'd have to buy. Still could make for borderline lux tax problems that way, though. Would be nice to hold Hawe's bird rights.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#1052 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Feb 8, 2014 12:11 am

DLeagueAllStars wrote:Im just gonna put all of my responses under one thought.

Trading Lamb for Barnes is dumb... With Klay and Dre on board I dont see really room for Lamb.

I would much rather have Love than Ibaka on this team. Having Love would be able to stretch the floor in the way that Barnes did in the playoffs last year but can still score in the post. Ibaka is a good weakside defender but his on ball D is still pretty average. Yes he is athletic, but our defense with Bogut, Dre and Klay is fine. This season is proof enough with that.

And with Taj and Udoh, Udoh is still garbage. He doesnt rebound at a good rate and Taj is a much better defender and scorer. I would say he is 10X the player that Udoh is. Not sure I would trade Barnes for Gibson in a deal unless we got a tad bit more coming back, but something along the lines of Gibson, CHAR 1st for Speights and Barnes MIGHT do it for me. I would need to look at the protection on that CHAR pick.

Pretty much nailed everything here, the only exception being that I probably hold a slightly higher opinion of Lamb than you do. I think he and Barnes, while playing different positions, are roughly equal, and I'd like the idea of another seemingly potent 3-point shooter being able to back Klay up. Aside from that minor detail, I agree with everything you've got here.

And seriously, a comparison of Gibson and Udoh is hilarious. I'm still trying to find the month, much less the game, where Udoh had 26/13/4, as Gibson did against us last night.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
510TWSS
General Manager

Post#1053 » by 510TWSS » Sat Feb 8, 2014 12:20 am

Lamb's been better this year. Last year Lamb hardly played. Barnes wasn't any better last year than he is this year. Lamb has made a progression from year one to year two. I don't care if he's more of a two. A wing is a wing. I'm more concerned with getting the better player than having a glut of 2/3 types.
DLeagueAllStars
Head Coach
And1: 246

Post#1054 » by DLeagueAllStars » Sat Feb 8, 2014 1:36 am

510TWSS wrote:

Lamb's been better this year. Last year Lamb hardly played. Barnes wasn't any better last year than he is this year. Lamb has made a progression from year one to year two. I don't care if he's more of a two. A wing is a wing. I'm more concerned with getting the better player than having a glut of 2/3 types.

Instead of having a glut of players at one position I would rather use Barnes to find us a nice back up PG that we can use for a few seasons, not Jack.... or say a nice 4/5 guy so that way next season we can dump Speights as his 3rd season is an option.. He would be an EC... I understand upgrading players, no problem with that, but why make a move that forces you to make another move. I rather just make one and only one.
napsDUBS
Junior

Post#1055 » by napsDUBS » Sat Feb 8, 2014 8:10 am

For that matter, I would consider Gary Neal or even Ekpe Udoh. There is this young guy who plays great at Atlanta, if given minutes at the 4, Mike Scott (he's cheap too), I would consider him, too. Last five games, he scored double digit on 20 plus minutes of action.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,810

Post#1056 » by cdubbz » Sat Feb 8, 2014 10:05 am

Chris Kaman? nice backup center for bogut with some offense!
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
napsDUBS
Junior

Post#1057 » by napsDUBS » Sat Feb 8, 2014 12:57 pm

OK. This may not be the Greatest Trade you will see. But I just like to share my opinion and I'm always open to see on how would you react to this deal. Well, I think we should be patient with Barnes, but if he doesn't get his niche before the deadline, or maybe he could, then probably we should say goodbye to him. Here's the deal:

Bulls get: Evan Turner, Lavoy Allen, TPE (?)
76ers get: Harrison Barnes, Mike Dunleavy, Mareese Speights, Picks (?)
Warriors get: Taj Gibson

Why Bulls would do it: Signing a BIG free agent in the offseason, would acquire a lot of cap space, but with the plan of waiving Boozer with his problem contract (?), Taj and Mike out, and having two expiring contracts with Turner and Allen would definitely help them land one. Maybe we should include our TPE, too, to add to their benefit and as a trade bait.

Why 76ers would do it: I'm not sure with this, though, but Barnes, I think would give them hope in return for trading away Turner, Speights would fill Lavoy Allen's roster spot and back-up Thad Young and Dunleavy as a back-up for Barnes and a veteran to lead the young players. Maybe add picks from Chicago? I don't know.

Why Warriors would do it: Gibson's defensive skills would cover DLee's lack of Defense, not to mention, Gibson's energy off the bench and offensive skills, too. You wouldn't know, Gibson may replace DLee as a starter if Lee's contract expires. :wink:

And yeah, if that deal was made I would still look for someone who can back-up Klay and who is great, offensively:
Marshon Brooks for Jodie Meeks is my offer (Not sure if the Lakers would do this, though)

Projected Lineup:
Curry/Crawford/Nedovic
Thompson/Meeks/Bazemore
Iguodala/Green
Lee/Gibson
Bogut/O'neal/Ezeli/Kuzmic

I know I'm not good at trade ideas and I consider myself bad at these things but as a fan, I would like to contribute my ideas. I would greatly appreciate your response to this even if it's good or bad and I'll say sorry in advance for whatever reason you might have against me. Thanks for reading. Peace Guys! Go Dubs! :D
Jester_
General Manager

Post#1058 » by Jester_ » Sat Feb 8, 2014 2:24 pm

napsDUBS wrote:OK. This may not be the Greatest Trade you will see. But I just like to share my opinion and I'm always open to see on how would you react to this deal. Well, I think we should be patient with Barnes, but if he doesn't get his niche before the deadline, then maybe we should say goodbye to him. Here's the deal:

Why Bulls would do it: Signing a BIG free agent in the offseason, would acquire a lot of cap space, but with the plan of waiving Boozer with his problem contract (?), Taj and Mike out, and having two expiring contracts with Turner and Allen would definitely help them land one. Maybe we should include our TPE, too, to add to their benefit and as a trade bait.

Why 76ers would do it: I'm not sure with this, though, but Barnes, I think would give them hope in return for trading away Turner, Speights would fill Lavoy Allen's roster spot and back-up Thad Young and Dunleavy as a back-up for Barnes and a veteran to lead the young players. Maybe add picks from Chicago? Iono.

Why Warriors would do it: Gibson's defensive skills would cover DLee's lack of Defense, not to mention, Gibson's energy off the bench and offensive skills, too. You wouldn't know, Gibson may replace DLee as a starter if Lee's contract expires. :wink:

And yeah, if that deal was made I would still look for someone who can back-up Klay and who is great, offensively:
Marshon Brooks for Jodie Meeks is my offer (Not sure if the Lakers would do this, though)

Projected Lineup:
Curry/Crawford/Nedovic
Thompson/Meeks/Bazemore
Iguodala/Green
Lee/Gibson

I know I'm not good at trade ideas and I consider myself bad at these things but as a fan, I would like to contribute my ideas. I would greatly appreciate your response to this even if it's good or bad and I'll say sorry in advance for whatever reason you might have against me. Thanks for reading. Peace Guys! Go Dubs! :D

Well, you've certainly improved, lol. This is a solid suggestion that I'd certainly jump at. 6'ers might need something else to convince them, but I can see them jumping at shedding money + acquiring young talent.
napsDUBS
Junior

Post#1059 » by napsDUBS » Sat Feb 8, 2014 2:52 pm

Jester_ wrote:
napsDUBS wrote:OK. This may not be the Greatest Trade you will see. But I just like to share my opinion and I'm always open to see on how would you react to this deal. Well, I think we should be patient with Barnes, but if he doesn't get his niche before the deadline, then maybe we should say goodbye to him. Here's the deal:

Why 76ers would do it: I'm not sure with this, though, but Barnes, I think would give them hope in return for trading away Turner, Speights would fill Lavoy Allen's roster spot and back-up Thad Young and Dunleavy as a back-up for Barnes and a veteran to lead the young players. Maybe add picks from Chicago? Iono.

Projected Lineup:
Curry/Crawford/Nedovic
Thompson/Meeks/Bazemore
Iguodala/Green
Lee/Gibson

Well, you've certainly improved, lol. This is a solid suggestion that I'd certainly jump at. 6'ers might need something else to convince them, but I can see them jumping at shedding money + acquiring young talent.

I've never expected that feedback but thanks, lol. :lol: Like I said, Chicago might want to include their picks on this deal to the sixers for them to be more convinced, but do they really have 1st round picks to give? For us, we barely have picks to include.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#1060 » by old rem » Sat Feb 8, 2014 5:22 pm

napsDUBS wrote:OK. This may not be the Greatest Trade you will see. But I just like to share my opinion and I'm always open to see on how would you react to this deal. Well, I think we should be patient with Barnes, but if he doesn't get his niche before the deadline, or maybe he could, then probably we should say goodbye to him. Here's the deal:

Why 76ers would do it: I'm not sure with this, though, but Barnes, I think would give them hope in return for trading away Turner, Speights would fill Lavoy Allen's roster spot and back-up Thad Young and Dunleavy as a back-up for Barnes and a veteran to lead the young players. Maybe add picks from Chicago? I don't know.

Projected Lineup:
Curry/Crawford/Nedovic
Thompson/Meeks/Bazemore
Iguodala/Green
Lee/Gibson

I like Gibson, but at his $ hit, as a backup PF...it does not work. Lee is better. Lee plays about 35 min. at their $ hit, Speights + Dray work fine at backu. Iggy has often SUCKED and he might be on the block post season...which can put Barnes (or Dray?) in the lineup. We're not far under Lux Tax.

Due to CONTRACT (large + long) Gibson is NOT a very juicy trade chip. Us giving Barnes AND Speights... is a easy NO. As a BACKUP... Speights is fine and way less $ than Gibson.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors