ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: 49'ers vs. Packers

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Re: OT: 49'ers vs. Packers 

Post#21 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Jan 6, 2014 2:14 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:Beating Green Bay, IN GREEN BAY, where we have never won a playoff game, and beating them 4 times in a row is a much much bigger challenge than going into Carolina and winning, imo.

Not to mention we still won despite the refs not calling so any holds from Green Bay.

First quarter the refs missed a bunch of holding and pass interferences in the end zone when Crabtree kept getting held. Could have been up 14-0 or at least 10-0 early.

Then that play where the Rodgers had so many Niners on him and still managed to escape and throw a long pass which eventually led to a touchdown a few plays later... The only reason Rodgers was able to escape was because one of our defensive guys got held like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#DubNation
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#22 » by and1GS » Mon Jan 6, 2014 7:24 pm

RIPskaterdude wrote:Agreed that Carolina is a better team but I still would take Rodgers + cold weather + at home against almost anyone usually

Agreed. People were really taking this game lightly and I didn't get it - do you all not remember the last time we were a perennial playoff team and would get our asses handed to us in GB? The original 12th man (the weather, not the crowd, ha).

Also...he's still Aaron Rodgers. Much better QB than Cam and Kaep. I'll take Carolina in Carolina over GB in GB any day of the week, even when their defense is this bad. Only way we lose to Carolina is if we beat ourselves, again. Remember, when we lost to them at home we were down to Vance McDonald, Mario and Boldin as our pass catchers. Then Vance went down (not that it mattered, he's been trash anyway) so we had a just-returned Mario and a double covered with safety help over the top Boldin. Oh, right, and the Panthers have one of the top 5 run defenses in the NFL (IDK what the stats are but IMO only the Jets are better). That level of talent in stopping the run cuts off a dimension of our offense, so when the other dimension (passing) was cut off, it was game over man.

Good to see Kaep running more, this is really what I expected TBH. Keep him safe and in the pocket during the season, and then let him go for broke come playoff time. That's an interesting way of utilizing a running QB, but I think it can be effective.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#23 » by whocurrz » Mon Jan 6, 2014 8:48 pm

Hope we can beat Carolina in a game that doesn't take years off my life. Too many close calls in our games lately and past playoff games. Even with our great defense it's nerve wrecking to just watch run run run punt and count on the defense to win it
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#24 » by and1GS » Mon Jan 6, 2014 9:40 pm

I don't get that...that's the exact opposite of what we were doing. We went pass-pass-pass-punt or pass-pass-desperation Kap scramble pass-pass-run punt. It was an extremely pass heavy attack, and I wish we ran it more.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#25 » by whocurrz » Mon Jan 6, 2014 9:48 pm

and1GS wrote:I don't get that...that's the exact opposite of what we were doing. We went pass-pass-pass-punt or pass-pass-desperation Kap scramble pass-pass-run punt. It was an extremely pass heavy attack, and I wish we ran it more.

Not referring to yesterday as a completely ground and pound game but our strategy when we're ahead in general is running to kill the clock and hoping our defense holds strong. It's not a strategy that is foreign or uncommon just seems to happen a lot in big games (which isn't unique by any means) but stressful to watch.

Agreed yesterday's play calling was very solid yesterday and I liked how we tried to use short pass plays more often on 1st down to keep the defense more honest and on Their heels guessing.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
and1GS
RealGM

Post#26 » by and1GS » Mon Jan 6, 2014 10:09 pm

Roman did a much better job calling the game yesterday and I attribute the pass-happy offense to him realizing that GB was cycling through DBs due to injury and were more or less hapless in their secondary. I definitely 100% agree with you (Carolina game anyone?), but I'm hoping that more weapons translates to a more aggressive gameplan. It sure as hell did yesterday...who would've thought we'd throw a 30 yard bomb on 4th and 6...or even go for it on 4th down! Hell, we lost that Carolina game because we didn't go for it on 4th and inches!

old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#27 » by old rem » Mon Jan 6, 2014 11:08 pm

GswStorm3 wrote:We didn't have Crabtree last time we played those guys and Vernon left in the first half with a concussion. I can't wait to see us get another crack at Carolina.

We will not face A Rodgers and Arctic weather. That's a plus.

I don't GET the idea of scared to let a QB who can run....RUN. I'd rather take my chances in the open field then get smushed by some 300 lb DT in the pocket. My old HS won the State... the QB passed for 3 TD's...ran for 5, and about 180 yd. The QB on the loser passed for 400+ and ran for 100+.... needless to say...a high scoring game.

Kap and Cam will both RUN... and if we try to NOT have Kap run... we make life Easier for the Carolines. :evil:
CENSORED... No comment.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#28 » by and1GS » Mon Jan 6, 2014 11:30 pm

Well...HS and NFL are two different levels of punishment.

Return to Golden State Warriors