ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Mark Jackson or this team's going nowhere.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Fire Mark Jackson or this team's going nowhere. 

Post#1 » by Muggsy Bogues » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:44 am

At this point in the season, I think we've seen enough from Jackson to know that whatever our record, the man's coaching fundamentals are terrible. We're similar to last year's Clippers, but with no Chris Paul or Chauncey Billups to act as unofficial player-coaches. The team has its share of problems apart from coaching, but as this Pacers game and countless others this season have shown us, the Preacher puts out terrible lineups, uses timeouts badly, sticks with cold shooting players, depends on isolation plays and does a hundred other little things that amplify our weaknesses.

He's done this since he started two and a half years ago, and is stubborn in sticking to his methods no matter the results. At this point, we're a second round team if we're lucky, and that's just on sheer talent. If we don't get someone this summer who can run a consistent offense, exploit our mismatches and encourage ball movement at all times, we're all flash and no substance. The team needs a change.
6rings4LeClutch
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Re: Fire Mark Jackson or this team's going nowhere. 

Post#2 » by 6rings4LeClutch » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:13 am

If we do fire him (which we prob won't but should) who would be his replacement?
Let's Go Dubs!!!
DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 178

Post#3 » by DIO » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:03 am

Jeff VanGundy
Stan VanGundy
Lionel Hollins
Lindsey Hunter
Vinny Del Negro
Lawrence Frank
George Karl
Byron Scott
Doug Collins

uhhh
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,721

Post#4 » by Plossum » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:14 am

No to Vinny! I wouldn't mind seeing Karl get his hands on the Dubs. I think he could make us into a better version of last years Nugs.

Maybe Pax gets the **** with Thibs not tanking and he miraculously comes onto the market.

One can pray :D
#LockUpChuck
6rings4LeClutch
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#5 » by 6rings4LeClutch » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:50 am

Forgot about Hollins! Now that is a defense minded coach we need.
Let's Go Dubs!!!
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#6 » by statsman » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Less than 50 wins and a first round playoff exit probably gets MJax fired this offseason. Missing the playoffs likely guarantees it.
Ganji
Analyst
And1: 1,912

Post#7 » by Ganji » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:17 pm

Safe to say they will not fire him, it all depends how we do in playoffs, if we get there at all... So you can write this season off already. We have the roster that can contend for the title, but no1 to coach it.
nurseryc
Analyst
And1: 1,236

Post#8 » by nurseryc » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Muggsy Bogues wrote:At this point in the season, I think we've seen enough from Jackson to know that whatever our record, the man's coaching fundamentals are terrible. We're similar to last year's Clippers, but with no Chris Paul or Chauncey Billups to act as unofficial player-coaches. The team has its share of problems apart from coaching, but as this Pacers game and countless others this season have shown us, the Preacher puts out terrible lineups, uses timeouts badly, sticks with cold shooting players, depends on isolation plays and does a hundred other little things that amplify our weaknesses.

He's done this since he started two and a half years ago, and is stubborn in sticking to his methods no matter the results. At this point, we're a second round team if we're lucky, and that's just on sheer talent. If we don't get someone this summer who can run a consistent offense, exploit our mismatches and encourage ball movement at all times, we're all flash and no substance. The team needs a change.

Your post outlines how so many feel on this board. Who in your opinion is the Warriors best player? What differences would you like to see in terms of plays ran and rotations run?
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#9 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:33 pm

statsman wrote:Less than 50 wins and a first round playoff exit probably gets MJax fired this offseason. Missing the playoffs likely guarantees it.

I don't think Lacob has the balls to do that...plus I think he likes the job coach is doing. Lacob won't look at the product as he doesn't understand basketball. But he will look at the win total unfortunately.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,617

Post#10 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:26 pm

DIO wrote:Jeff VanGundy
Stan VanGundy
Lionel Hollins
Lindsey Hunter
Vinny Del Negro
Lawrence Frank
George Karl
Byron Scott
Doug Collins

uhhh

Gimme Jeff Van Gundy.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#11 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:37 pm

That's the thing, of the guys listed, there are only a couple I would consider. Possible JVG would be the top of ones listed.

A move right now and you possible alienate a very talented team and put the season in jeopardy. Bogut is probably the only player who would welcome a coaching change.

I think this another knee jerk reaction to a losing streak.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#12 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:37 pm

I've nominated Hollins for this gig 100 times. He actually coaches to win with defense like Jackson claims to do.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I think this another knee jerk reaction to a losing streak.

Really? because even when we win people have nothing good to say about Jackson.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#14 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:41 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:

Really. The thread to fire Jackson is bumped.

So you are telling me this topic would have happened anyway, had we beat the best team in the NBA last night?
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:46 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:

So you are telling me this topic would have happened anyway, had we beat the best team in the NBA last night?

The thread topic maybe not but people still would be down on Jackson regardless of if we won last night or not. The prevailing thought is when we win, it is in spite of Jackson. Can you point to one game this year that somthing Jackson did won the thing for us??
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#16 » by cj03 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:48 pm

I wouldn't mind SVG either. I liked what he did with Orlando with the 4 out 1 in mixups, the very good defense with subpar defenders outside of Dwight. I think he could make this team pretty damn good.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,282

Post#17 » by Sleepy51 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:54 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:
statsman wrote:Less than 50 wins and a first round playoff exit probably gets MJax fired this offseason. Missing the playoffs likely guarantees it.

I don't think Lacob has the balls to do that...plus I think he likes the job coach is doing. Lacob won't look at the product as he doesn't understand basketball. But he will look at the win total unfortunately.

The basketball has gotten exponentially better since Lacob arrived. HIS people have taken this franchise forward by a quantum leap. Why do you think he doesn't understand basketball?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#18 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:59 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:Really? because even when we win people have nothing good to say about Jackson.

The thread topic maybe not but people still would be down on Jackson regardless of if we won last night or not. The prevailing thought is when we win, it is in spite of Jackson. Can you point to one game this year that somthing Jackson did won the thing for us??

The thing is, I'm not a Jackson fan, however I'm not in favor of dumping him so we can go through another coach. This is a player's league and granted I hate the hockey line changes and inconsistent rotations, I do like the fact that we are attracting talent. A lot of guys want to play for Jackson and the Warriors. I don't know if the same can be true for the guys that have been listed.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#19 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:

The basketball has gotten exponentially better since Lacob arrived. HIS people have taken this franchise forward by a quantum leap. Why do you think he doesn't understand basketball?

I agree 100%.

Without a doubt if Lacob thinks Jackson is in the way of him reaching his goal, Jackson will be fired immediately.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,452

Post#20 » by whocurrz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Maybe in the offseason but now would be stupid as none of our assistants have a ton of experience and I don't think the players would want Jackson ousted for someone like that. Not too many enticing names out there either. Lionel Hollins although a great coach would be a terrible fit. He hates 3s and advanced statistics. SVG would probably be the best fit but making a move mid season would be stupid
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."

Return to Golden State Warriors