ImageImageImageImageImage

Fire Mark Jackson or this team's going nowhere.

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Re: Fire Mark Jackson or this team's going nowhere. 

Post#21 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:13 pm

There are too many solid basketball minds on the Warriors staff to allow their head coach to make them fail.
gswhoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Post#22 » by gswhoop » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:39 pm

Okay here's a question if we can't fire Jackson.

1. Can we get a head assistant similar to Malone who Jackson can allow to coach the team without feeling undermined?

2. Who?

As for Lacob not knowing jack. I was one of the thousands who booed his ass but he has since proven me wrong. He has brought the right talent and the right moves to allow this team to thrive and be where we are at now. The man deserves credit for making us relevant again.
Keith not so Smart
Mark don't know JACK about coaching..
Kerr Riding Coattails
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#23 » by and1GS » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:03 pm

gswhoop wrote:Okay here's a question if we can't fire Jackson.

1. Can we get a head assistant similar to Malone who Jackson can allow to coach the team without feeling undermined?

2. Who?

As for Lacob not knowing jack. I was one of the thousands who booed his ass but he has since proven me wrong. He has brought the right talent and the right moves to allow this team to thrive and be where we are at now. The man deserves credit for making us relevant again.

Only since then has he proven you wrong? Not before when he was re-shaping a pathetic franchise?

How dare he leave a playoff team in Boston to reinvigorate a **** Warriors team with a flurry of moves. Boo that man!

MJ is fine. He's playing the hand he's dealt with some very obvious warts.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
gswhoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Post#24 » by gswhoop » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:38 pm

and1GS wrote:
gswhoop wrote:Okay here's a question if we can't fire Jackson.

2. Who?

Only since then has he proven you wrong? Not before when he was re-shaping a pathetic franchise?

How dare he leave a playoff team in Boston to reinvigorate a **** Warriors team with a flurry of moves. Boo that man!

MJ is fine. He's playing the hand he's dealt with some very obvious warts.

wtffff Lacob was never the majority owner of the Celtics so he jumped at the opportunity of owning a team in a booming market.
Keith not so Smart
Mark don't know JACK about coaching..
Kerr Riding Coattails
and1GS
RealGM
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#25 » by and1GS » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:39 pm

He was part of the ownership group.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#26 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:
statsman wrote:Less than 50 wins and a first round playoff exit probably gets MJax fired this offseason. Missing the playoffs likely guarantees it.

I don't think Lacob has the balls to do that...plus I think he likes the job coach is doing. Lacob won't look at the product as he doesn't understand basketball. But he will look at the win total unfortunately.

The basketball has gotten exponentially better since Lacob arrived. HIS people have taken this franchise forward by a quantum leap. Why do you think he doesn't understand basketball?

At the food truck event I asked him about Carl Landry and Bogut. He said Landry without doubt would be a starter on almost every nba team and that Bogut can easily average 15 and 10. Then changed the subject to...how do you like the in game experience. I could careless about that. Plus Landry cannot start on most teams and Bogut averaging 15 and 10 is looking at his old stats.

I just don't think we are where we should be. The way we "function" on the court we have overachieved. This team wins on talent and not execution. He needs to mix things up. With our talent we should be 14-15 games over .500 even with our tough schedule. I think this team loses focus and lacks execution at critical moments. You can't expect Steph to play hero ball. There's no movement on the court. The most consistent offensive thing we have is DLee. Find ways to get curry open. That's why Stephs fg% is not "Curry like". I think our offense loses us more games than our defense.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#27 » by cj03 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:02 pm

It's clear our offense is holding us back. Our defense wanes from game to game (usually because Jackson takes Bogut out at inopportune times), but let's face, we're still top 5 in defensive efficiency with Iggy out for 12 games. I get that our starters are amazing out there, but we need to split them up a little more.

And it would have been really nice to get Alvin Gentry this past year...instead he went to the Clips. The Clippers offense has been pretty ridiculously good even without CP3; 108 points per 100 possessions. I don't think that's all Doc either. Gentry got his teams in Phoenix to have some crazy offensive years, yet we still stuck with our assistants.

This isolation garbage really needs to go. I get the occasional iso to Lee against smaller guys, but they don't need to do it every time Klay, Barnes, Lee, O'Neal have a "smaller" guy on them. But with Jackson at the helm, I don't really see it happening. Klay should maybe get 1-2 iso's a game, Barnes none, Lee a handful, O'Neal none. I wish we brought someone in to install the triangle, or princeton, or something that has structure. No way that's happening though.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#28 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:24 pm

First of all....Jackson will not be fired anytime soon.....just not gonna happen.

He is coaching the way his old teams played. If you know anything about Mark Jackson and his style of play back in the day, then you know he's in love with the isolation post up. That's the way the slow down league was playing while he was in his prime.

He was one of the best post up guards in the NBA and he lived it, so he believes it. He played with Patrick Ewing, who was a post up God. In Indiana they found ways to get Reggie Miller open looks much like they do for Steph and klay at times, but there isn't anyone else on the team right now who can get Steph the ball in catch and shoot opportunites enough. That has to change.

This team is playing well despite having the worst bench in the league and we're lackng much needed depth. That's not really Mark jacksons fault honestly.

What i'd like to see from him is to stick more with the pick and roll. He can do this with several players and for this unit it works.

We'd all like to see Bogut used better, and that's a work in progress. He just doesn't see the value in Bogut's Defense enough to over-ride the fear of the hack a Bogut approach. IMO...if you're getting stops, you're getting stops. And with our bench anyhow, there's no guarantee that the guy coming in for Bogut is gonna help the offense or make ft's, so why not stick with your best rim protector?

Hopefully Jackson will learn to use him better, we'll see.

We can't really blame Jackson for games when Klay goes cold....or when Iguodala, as good as he is, decides to take the night off offensively. You can't blame him for Barne's lack of production, but maybe how he's used? Not really....Barnes needs to play better period.

We shall see how it shakes out, because they won't nor should they fire him in season. But I'm sure Lacob is a bit disappointed in some of these losses. He has to be....he's a fan too.

Bottom line is that Mark Jackson has a reputation for being a coach that other players would like to play for. If the Warriors can put it together in the playoffs and make some serious noise...you'll have lots of guys around the NBA who wanna come play for him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#29 » by HiRez » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:48 pm

I have issues with Jackson, but the players need to take some responsibility for their play. Yes, Jackson is apparently not reviewing and correcting things as he should. However, you would think things like stepping out of bounds or the lazy passes or the poor shot selection in critical situations (like Curry's 3 late in the Pacers game) are embarrassing enough that the player would recognize and correct that problem himself. On defense, how many times do you need to get burned by turning your back on the ball, or over-helping to where you can't close on outside shooters before you realize it's a problem? I don't see that self recognition and correction happening. These guys aren't in high school anymore, they need to have some self awareness.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#30 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:33 am

Sleepy51 wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:
statsman wrote:Less than 50 wins and a first round playoff exit probably gets MJax fired this offseason. Missing the playoffs likely guarantees it.

I don't think Lacob has the balls to do that...plus I think he likes the job coach is doing. Lacob won't look at the product as he doesn't understand basketball. But he will look at the win total unfortunately.

The basketball has gotten exponentially better since Lacob arrived. HIS people have taken this franchise forward by a quantum leap. Why do you think he doesn't understand basketball?

Nothing like disregarding results in favor of subjective opinon.

Lacob has turned this franchise completely around to the point where we are worried we don't have the best coach to help us win a championship lol....what a JOKE!

And god forebid he looks at the win total. Imagine a team who wins 50 in the second year of a coachs job and third year owned by the current owner and considers that a success....

Yes...the sarcasm is dripping :)

Honestly...I could see this team losing a tight hard battle in the WCF....and the same people would be calling for Jackson's head.... :roll: Sometimes I think some posters deserve a fricken losing team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#31 » by zhenyasj » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:42 am

DIO wrote:Jeff VanGundy
Stan VanGundy
Lionel Hollins
Lindsey Hunter
Vinny Del Negro
Lawrence Frank
George Karl
Byron Scott
Doug Collins

uhhh

Vinny? Scott? Frank? Are you serious?

These are retread coaches who failed in their previous stints, except Hollins and JVG. JVG is the only interesting name on the list, but the perception that he can teach defense is mostly based on the personnel he had with the Knicks.
NBA is a players' league where coach's ability to manage egos and maintain players' respect is exponentially more important then Xs and Os. I would rather have Jackson learn on the job while building a culture players want to be a part of then a retread coach who previously failed somewhere else.
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#32 » by zhenyasj » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:47 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
GSWhoopfan wrote:

Nothing like disregarding results in favor of subjective opinon.

Lacob has turned this franchise completely around to the point where we are worried we don't have the best coach to help us win a championship lol....what a JOKE!

And god forebid he looks at the win total. Imagine a team who wins 50 in the second year of a coachs job and third year owned by the current owner and considers that a success....

Yes...the sarcasm is dripping :)

Honestly...I could see this team losing a tight hard battle in the WCF....and the same people would be calling for Jackson's head.... :roll: Sometimes I think some posters deserve a fricken losing team.

It's baffling to me how people think that was have a championship level talent right now. Because we beat Miami twice? Because we finally made the playoffs last year?
We might be able to compete for the championship in the near future if we improve our bench and if Klay and Barnes grow as basketball players, but not yet.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,234

Post#33 » by Onus » Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:48 am

we need a x and o guy on the bench. We have too many player coaches on the team. Mark really lacks in the x and o, strategy department so go get him some help.

Hopefully next year we get someone who involves more movement on offense next year. or someone else magically learns how to run a pick and roll.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Vanilla Man
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#34 » by Vanilla Man » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:57 pm

The Warriors are truly underachieving. They aren't in a better position than they were last year. The question is why can't they play like the Spurs? Why do they do so many isos? The Warriors need to stop shooting so many forced jumpers.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#35 » by FNQ » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Holding out hope that Jackson is just tinkering right now and actually has a good idea how to use said players when the playoffs come around.

I seriously doubt it, but thats all I've got right now.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#36 » by Muggsy Bogues » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:47 pm

Vanilla Man wrote:The Warriors are truly underachieving. They aren't in a better position than they were last year. The question is why can't they play like the Spurs? Why do they do so many isos? The Warriors need to stop shooting so many forced jumpers.

Perhaps if the coaching staff were to get together and assemble a series of plays to run in a halfcourt offense? Is expecting them to actually do their jobs too much to ask? It's not as if the team lacks the personnel to run such an offense, and they can go right back to the motion offense when fast breaking or whenever it's working for them.
Vanilla Man
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#37 » by Vanilla Man » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:54 pm

exactly. It's so frustrating to watch.
runtmc91
Junior
And1: 148

Post#38 » by runtmc91 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:17 pm

I find it funny how people want the Warriors to be 'more like the Spurs' and yet, the Spurs run motion offense. That being said, they should be more like the Spurs in that the Spurs are much better at it. The Warriors hold the ball too long, don't get the ball inside enough, and throw too many turnovers. Many of the mistakes Jackson allows his players to play through would get the doghouse from Popovich.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#39 » by Muggsy Bogues » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

runtmc91 wrote:Many of the mistakes Jackson allows his players to play through would get the doghouse from Popovich.

Yeah, his approach to guys playing badly seems to be "let 'em **** up until they work through it", which would fine if this was a rebuilding team, but it's not.
and1GS
RealGM

Post#40 » by and1GS » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:33 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Holding out hope that Jackson is just tinkering right now and actually has a good idea how to use said players when the playoffs come around.

I seriously doubt it, but thats all I've got right now.

Ya, I really doubt that as well. He's not Harbaugh, scheming his way to the playoffs. He's momma there go dat man letting shots fly and putting up green lights like it's going out of style.

Return to Golden State Warriors