ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA III

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: Around the NBA III 

Post#61 » by migya » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:14 am

Big shot to win it by Portland. Would have been a good loss for us to get within a chance of getting the 5th spot, but looks like 6th is best we'll get. Phoenix and Memphis win so the team will have to keep winning to stay 6th. Denver big win over Houston means Portland might even catch them and we get Portland in the 1st round.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#62 » by BW32 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:42 am

If POR catched HOU (they won't) it would just mean POR would have homecourt, 4th plays 5th they would just swap spots.
migya
Head Coach

Post#63 » by migya » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 am

Oops that right. Still Clips or OKC for us. Even more of a big shot for them then as we could be closer to facing Houston.
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#64 » by Golden Angel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:37 am

Milwaukee should be kicked out of the league when they lose to indiana's bench in milwaukee. How bad can a team be before they dont belong? That's embarrassing.

Also, Giannis is overrated as ****... the next kd.... Yeah right...
Just like mkg last year, who's ceiling now is gerald wallace.

And I don't care how young he is.
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
migya
Head Coach

Post#65 » by migya » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:07 am

Looking at the way Phoenix is performing and the way Gerald Green, Bledsloe and Dragic are going, Phoenix just needs a solid big to really be a very good team. Think they should have kept Gortat, but forget if they got any real good player for him that has performed well this season. Think it was Okafor they got for him. Gortat there now would probably work a treat for them. No inside threat that can be seen but if they get one or two they could be a real threat.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#66 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Suns are in a great position this off season to make major upgrades. They will be in the hunt for any big name free agent, Kevin Love and they should have three first round draft picks.

I would possible target their Bullet or Pacer pick...
migya
Head Coach

Post#67 » by migya » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:19 pm

As great as Love is, he wouldn't get to score as much with those three guards deserving the ball since the are doing so well. They need a defensive big that can score some. That's why I said Gortat would have fit in quite well for them. He is a FA this offseason I think and maybe they can get him back. They definately have options to get a huge FA or two.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#68 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Golden Angel wrote:Milwaukee should be kicked out of the league when they lose to indiana's bench in milwaukee. How bad can a team be before they dont belong? That's embarrassing.

That kids potential won't come anywhere close to fruition in Milwalkee.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#69 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Golden Angel wrote:Milwaukee should be kicked out of the league when they lose to indiana's bench in milwaukee. How bad can a team be before they dont belong? That's embarrassing.

Lol. Bucks are finally tanking after years of avoiding the tank as if it were genital herpes. As for Giannis, I'd rather have him than Barnes in a minute. But then again, I'd probably take a 2nd round draft pick over Barnes at this point.
Golden Angel
Starter

Post#70 » by Golden Angel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:18 pm

I wouldn't. Yes he's having a slump, but it would be sad to see him flourish on the other team.
Golden State Warriors

Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant

Post#71 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Golden Angel wrote:I wouldn't. Yes he's having a slump, but it would be sad to see him flourish on the other team.

Barnes might flourish in the D-League. If you wouldn't take Giannis over Barnes, I question your ability to watch the game of basketball and actually understand what's going on. From here on out, your opinion is invalid to me.
Golden Angel
Starter

Post#72 » by Golden Angel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:13 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Golden Angel wrote:I wouldn't. Yes he's having a slump, but it would be sad to see him flourish on the other team.

Barnes might flourish in the D-League. If you wouldn't take Giannis over Barnes, I question your ability to watch the game of basketball and actually understand what's going on. From here on out, your opinion is invalid to me.

Dude, you said that u would trade a 2nd round pick for barnes, I wouldn't.

Id trade Barnes for Giannis in a heartbeat , though.

And if you question my understanding of the game of basketball, then fine,but you are the one who's willing to trade a 21 year old Harrison Barnes for a 2 nd!!!!! Round pick... do you have any idea how embarrasing this gonna look after 5 years? He's gonna improve, trust me. He's already worth at least a late first rounder. Lacob easily can buy a secound rounder if he wants to. He isn't stupid. Thank god you aren't the gm.
Golden State Warriors

Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by Warriors Analyst » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:22 pm

Golden Angel wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

And if you question my understanding of game of basketball, then fine,but you are the one who's illing to trade 21 year old Harrison Barnes for a 2 nd!!!!! Round pick... do you have any idea how embarrasing this gonna look after 5 years? He's gonna improve, trust me. He's already worth at least a late first rounder.

Fair enough, I read that part wrong. I'm incredibly pessimistic for Barnes making any significant improvements. His best case scenario is a Corey Maggette player who learns to get to the line and physically beat the hell out of his defenders for 20-25 minutes a game since Barnes is unlikely to learn how to dribble, pass, or make quick reads out of Pick'n'roll situations or ISO's. Barnes can make plenty of improvements to make himself into a decent stretch 4 that can blow by big 4's and bully small stretch fours on the block, but Harrison Barnes isn't turning himself into a wing player anytime soon.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#74 » by 510TWSS » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:25 pm

migya wrote:As great as Love is, he wouldn't get to score as much with those three guards deserving the ball since the are doing so well. They need a defensive big that can score some. That's why I said Gortat would have fit in quite well for them. He is a FA this offseason I think and maybe they can get him back. They definately have options to get a huge FA or two.

They could be high on Plumlee. They also have Len who looks like a massive project. I think they're further along in their development than even their management thought. I bet they wanted to give the year to both their young C's to see what they had. Fortunately they're doing it in the middle of a playoff hunt which expedites the amount of contribution they need out of that spot. Len hasn't played too many minutes, but I haven't watched them in the last week or so.

Phoenix with another star like Love? That's quite intriguing.
Golden Angel
Starter

Post#75 » by Golden Angel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Probably, maybe, we shall see...
Golden State Warriors

Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#76 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Golden Angel wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

And if you question my understanding of game of basketball, then fine,but you are the one who's illing to trade 21 year old Harrison Barnes for a 2 nd!!!!! Round pick... do you have any idea how embarrasing this gonna look after 5 years? He's gonna improve, trust me. He's already worth at least a late first rounder.

Fair enough, I read that part wrong. I'm incredibly pessimistic for Barnes making any significant improvements. His best case scenario is a Corey Maggette player who learns to get to the line and physically beat the hell out of his defenders for 20-25 minutes a game since Barnes is unlikely to learn how to dribble, pass, or make quick reads out of Pick'n'roll situations or ISO's. Barnes can make plenty of improvements to make himself into a decent stretch 4 that can blow by big 4's and bully small stretch fours on the block, but Harrison Barnes isn't turning himself into a wing player anytime soon.

Maggette for all his flaws was a very good ball handler; something that Barnes will never be. He could get to the rim at will, a talent that was coveted by virtually every playoff team. The Spurs wanted him really bad and would have used him when they needed offense.

I could only hope that Barnes could turn into that type of asset.
uteptwostep
Lead Assistant
And1: 56

Post#77 » by uteptwostep » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:14 am

Ellis came through huge for the Mavs tonight. Congrats to him. Nice to see.
migya
Head Coach

Post#78 » by migya » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:42 am

Huge win by the Mavs. They've come big at the end of the season. Looked like they hard quite a hard schedule but they've beaten the teams they've had to and stopped Phoenix from overtaking them. The Mavs look ugly with that roster though and won't do much this season or any, they've overachieved.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#79 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:18 pm

uteptwostep wrote:Ellis came through huge for the Mavs tonight. Congrats to him. Nice to see.

He took his game to another level against the Suns. Mavs will be very dangerous if Ellis can continue or improve upon that game during the playoffs.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#80 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:21 pm

migya wrote:Huge win by the Mavs. They've come big at the end of the season. Looked like they hard quite a hard schedule but they've beaten the teams they've had to and stopped Phoenix from overtaking them. The Mavs look ugly with that roster though and won't do much this season or any, they've overachieved.

I think Carlisle has done a wonderful job the past few seasons, taking what Cuban leaves him and making the most of it. There are a lot of Mav fans who want Carlisle's head.

Return to Golden State Warriors