ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA III

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Re: Around the NBA III 

Post#1161 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:43 am

Coxy wrote:I tell you what, that Brad Stevens has got that bunch of seemingly talentless squad up in Boston playing VERY well. He's a coach and a half.

Celts play some of the most selfish basketball in the league. I watched them play a couple nights ago, and their ball movement was very reminiscent of the way the Dubs play.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1162 » by Coxy » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:49 am

The Regime wrote:
Coxy wrote:I tell you what, that Brad Stevens has got that bunch of seemingly talentless squad up in Boston playing VERY well. He's a coach and a half.

Celts play some of the most selfish basketball in the league. I watched them play a couple nights ago, and their ball movement was very reminiscent of the way the Dubs play.

Selfish, or selfless?

I mean, their ball movement is awesome, so you surely couldn't have meant selfish.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#1163 » by Mamba Mentality » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:14 pm

Yeh my bad thats a typo, meant to say selfless.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#1164 » by marthafokker » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:19 pm

Last week was break up the Grizz, this week is the Clips. This is a crazy first month of season so far.

I predict next week is the Mavs since they get to play real playoff teams.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1165 » by Coxy » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:50 am

marthafokker wrote:Last week was break up the Grizz, this week is the Clips. This is a crazy first month of season so far.

I watched the Hawks play today, and they could be next. They looked flaccid.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#1166 » by marthafokker » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:29 am

Coxy wrote:
marthafokker wrote:Last week was break up the Grizz, this week is the Clips. This is a crazy first month of season so far.

I watched the Hawks play today, and they could be next. They looked flaccid.

This is almost like every EC teams except Cleveland.
TB wrote:
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#1167 » by watch1958 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:56 pm

Clips 2-7 starting with that first loss to the Dubs.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
the_gaz_21
Junior
And1: 262

Post#1168 » by the_gaz_21 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:06 am

Golden State looking luckier and luckier by the day.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#1169 » by whocurrz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:25 am

Said before the season that Porzingis has one of the highest ceilings of any players I've seen in years and stand by it. Since I made that claime I've seen the guy execute some great post work with hook shots, some dream shake moves, high banks off the glass like Duncan and his buttery stroke hasn't really started falling like it probably will eventually. Can hit pull ups off the dribble, has hit some durant type step backs out to 3. On defense his mobility for his size and length are incredible. Now he's learning how to stay out of could trouble. Dude has winners mentality, good work ethic and good support base with his brother. love this kid and happy for Knicks fans. I know Onus loved this kid before the 2014 draft as a potential stretch 4 but he's much more. this dude looks like a future stud with potential to be a top 10 player in this league. Towns looks to have some absurd potential too. Glad to see some great young big men in the league
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1170 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:51 am

Towns looks great. He reminds me a little bit of Al Horford. Very smooth looking big man that is developed physically at a young age. Me likey.

Porzingod looks nuts. He hits 3's as well. Unguardable. Scary if he realizes that potential.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1171 » by Coxy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:52 am

the_gaz_21 wrote:Golden State looking luckier and luckier by the day.

In what way?
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,170

Post#1172 » by watch1958 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:54 am

Coxy wrote:
the_gaz_21 wrote:Golden State looking luckier and luckier by the day.

In what way?

Think it was a 'lucky Warriors' joke, in response to my post about the Clips faceplant.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#1173 » by marthafokker » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:42 am

Come on Jazz. Finish up those whiners.
TB wrote:
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1174 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Dec 1, 2015 9:30 pm

Houston looking to move Ty Lawson. Morey for all of his advanced stats, couldn't see a problem with a Harden/Lawson back court? I wonder how long he keeps his GM job?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1175 » by and1GS » Tue Dec 1, 2015 11:41 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Houston looking to move Ty Lawson. Morey for all of his advanced stats, couldn't see a problem with a Harden/Lawson back court? I wonder how long he keeps his GM job?

It's interesting because his master plan was to keep payroll low, peice together role players and constantly go for the big name FA. He finally got two of them and this basically looks like the finished product. Pretty underwhelming IMO and it really showcases the part of the game Daryl doesn't consider - intangibles. Dwight is never heatlhy, Harden's game isn't conducive to a championship caliber alpha dog and the rest of the squad can't pull it together and co-exist with Harden/Dwight.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#1176 » by NeoWarriors » Wed Dec 2, 2015 5:03 am

So I guess the question has been answered. 76ers won their first game before the Warriors lost their first game. Looks like we win again!
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1177 » by Coxy » Wed Dec 2, 2015 6:38 am

Coxy wrote:Seriously, go and have a look at the Philadelphia 76ers team lineup. I will be astonished if they even win a game this season. It is the worst looking roster I have ever witnessed for an NBA team, ever.

Well, I'm astonished.
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#1178 » by DynastySS » Wed Dec 2, 2015 7:40 am

Kobe must be having the worst statistical season in NBA history.

I **** love it.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1179 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Dec 2, 2015 2:10 pm

and1GS wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:Houston looking to move Ty Lawson. Morey for all of his advanced stats, couldn't see a problem with a Harden/Lawson back court? I wonder how long he keeps his GM job?

It's interesting because his master plan was to keep payroll low, peice together role players and constantly go for the big name FA. He finally got two of them and this basically looks like the finished product. Pretty underwhelming IMO and it really showcases the part of the game Daryl doesn't consider - intangibles. Dwight is never heatlhy, Harden's game isn't conducive to a championship caliber alpha dog and the rest of the squad can't pull it together and co-exist with Harden/Dwight.

I agree. Morey doesn't understand chemistry and there is a personal side to the game. Having two super stars doesn't guarantee anything, especially if they are a bad pairing. I would assume that a very strong coach, with the backing of the front office, could do better at making things work. That would have to involve Harden changing his game and I don't know if that is even remotely possible.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#1180 » by and1GS » Wed Dec 2, 2015 5:14 pm

Coxy wrote:
Coxy wrote:Seriously, go and have a look at the Philadelphia 76ers team lineup. I will be astonished if they even win a game this season. It is the worst looking roster I have ever witnessed for an NBA team, ever.

Well, I'm astonished.

It's interesting because even when their 'master plan' comes together this offseason...they're still a middling Eastern playoff team. Nerlens is quite good, but still has a lot to learn. Jahlil looks like a star. Dario Saric (sp?) should add good depth initially and maybe more later on. Embiid is unproven and would play behind Jahlil.

Then they're surrounded by a ton of role players and a new draft pick - let's assume they get Ben Simmons. They basically turn into the Bucks after that draft; and the Bucks are a middling playoff team with 'tantalizing potential.'

At a certain point potential stops meaning much.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in

Return to Golden State Warriors