ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA III

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: Around the NBA III 

Post#881 » by migya » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:06 am

Porzingis wrote:I wish we had Jason Richardson instead of Brandon Rush. Dude still can hit 3s and Oracle would go crazy in his return.

Be great to have him finish his career where it started, like how Mullin did here.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#882 » by NBAfan3024 » Tue Mar 3, 2015 8:16 am

Hawks now have best record again. .
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,817

Post#883 » by cdubbz » Thu Mar 5, 2015 3:16 am

migya wrote:
Porzingis wrote:I wish we had Jason Richardson instead of Brandon Rush. Dude still can hit 3s and Oracle would go crazy in his return.

Be great to have him finish his career where it started, like how Mullin did here.

He is a free agent after this season. But not sure that is a move the Warriors do when chasing a championship -- that's more of a move of a losing franchise to bring home a beloved player for their final act.

I'd rather stash Jeremy Lin on the bench, but think he's looking for a backup role.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
LoyalGSWfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 132

Post#884 » by LoyalGSWfan » Thu Mar 5, 2015 6:48 am

Was nice to see Harden get the no call near the end of the Memphis game even if meant Memphis got the win. Can't stand that guy.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#885 » by jason bourne » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:57 am

From tonight's rotoworld: LeBron is no longer an elite fantasy asset due to his FG% going down compared to his past two years in MIA. LBJ isn't exactly dead, but I'd put Russell Westbrook as the best player right now. His name is in the MVP race, too, but I don't know how he can keep up what he's doing right now. I still think Steph is in the lead and will remain so as the Ws keep winning.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Around the NBA III 

Post#886 » by TaylorMonkey » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:16 pm

jason bourne wrote:From tonight's rotoworld: LeBron is no longer an elite fantasy asset due to his FG% going down compared to his past two years in MIA. LBJ isn't exactly dead, but I'd put Russell Westbrook as the best player right now. His name is in the MVP race, too, but I don't know how he can keep up what he's doing right now. I still think Steph is in the lead and will remain so as the Ws keep winning.

Lebron is not an elite asset because of FG% and you pick Westbrook? Eh?
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#887 » by jason bourne » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:03 pm

TaylorMonkey wrote:
jason bourne wrote:From tonight's rotoworld: LeBron is no longer an elite fantasy asset due to his FG% going down compared to his past two years in MIA. LBJ isn't exactly dead, but I'd put Russell Westbrook as the best player right now. His name is in the MVP race, too, but I don't know how he can keep up what he's doing right now. I still think Steph is in the lead and will remain so as the Ws keep winning.

Lebron is not an elite asset because of FG% and you pick Westbrook? Eh?

It's fantasy, but LBJ isn't elite anymore. And the reality is... certainly I don't look forward to playing OKC in the first round.

That should be WC Finals the way OKC is going -- got Adams back and KD waiting in the wings.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#888 » by marthafokker » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:40 pm

migya wrote:

Uh... you don't want this guy close to Curry's wife.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#889 » by DynastySS » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:00 am

The Spurs are back.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#890 » by NBAfan3024 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:11 am

Nuts from kyrie
migya
Head Coach

Re: 

Post#891 » by migya » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:12 pm

NBAfan3024 wrote:Nuts from kyrie

He is definitely Wade like next to Lebron but being younger, he can continue this for a number of years still. If Love doesn't pick it up for them they'll be able to lure another star to give them a real trio. They look like contending for some time yet.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Re: Re: 

Post#892 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:18 pm

migya wrote:

He is definitely Wade like next to Lebron but being younger, he can continue this for a number of years still. If Love doesn't pick it up for them they'll be able to lure another star to give them a real trio. They look like contending for some time yet.

Wade was an amazing defender though. Kyrie is average on his best nights, typically somewhere short of that though.
migya
Head Coach

Post#893 » by migya » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:
migya wrote:

Wade was an amazing defender though. Kyrie is average on his best nights, typically somewhere short of that though.

Yea, that is a difference but Irving can be as good as he is for another eight years or so, so Lebron and Cleveland have a long future contending as long as both stay and are relatively injury free. Miami' two stars, Wade and Bosh, are aging and though both are still good, should decline over the next two or three years. Lebron may have left at the right time knowing that and seeing Irving's skill and youth.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#894 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:26 pm

migya wrote:
East Bay Sports wrote:
migya wrote:

Yea, that is a difference but Irving can be as good as he is for another eight years or so, so Lebron and Cleveland have a long future contending as long as both stay and are relatively injury free. Miami' two stars, Wade and Bosh, are aging and though both are still good, should decline over the next two or three years. Lebron may have left at the right time knowing that and seeing Irving's skill and youth.

We will see how good Irving becomes and how long LeBron stays looking like LeBron. Physically he has already lost a bit of explosiveness, so he will have to continue adjusting his game into his 30s like MJ did. Not sure if LeBron is skilled enough to stay a top 5 player without his world class athleticism. Maybe just hopeful thinking because I hate the guy.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#895 » by Coxy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:34 am

I'm watching a little of the Rockets v Denver game, and my god James Harden plays a disgusting brand of basketball. It's like watching Corey Maggette all over again.
kaiballz
Bench Warmer
And1: 666

Post#896 » by kaiballz » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Coxy wrote:I'm watching a little of the Rockets v Denver game, and my god James Harden plays a disgusting brand of basketball. It's like watching Corey Maggette all over again.

i find it disgusting too, but you gotta admit the man knows how to get his points.
kaiballz wrote:if anyone can make this comeback (3-1), we can.

I believe in this team.

Wed May 25, 2016 (GSW vs OKC)
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#897 » by and1GS » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:13 am

kaiballz wrote:
Coxy wrote:I'm watching a little of the Rockets v Denver game, and my god James Harden plays a disgusting brand of basketball. It's like watching Corey Maggette all over again.

i find it disgusting too, but you gotta admit the man knows how to get his points.

Ya - he's methodical. However, he's also short for a 2 guard and Dray/Iguodala have given him fits (namely the former) when they switch onto him.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#898 » by turk3d » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:50 am

Cleveland pounding the crap out of Memphis in Memphis. Must be looking ahead to us, lol.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400579358
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,080

Post#899 » by The-Power » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:12 am

JVG in a rage while talking about people who question the Warriors' ability to succeed in the playoffs. He's quite annoying the way he's talking about everything but the game but that was fun to listen to. He was on the verge of yelling at the play-by-play announcer who didn't do anything wrong. :lol:

But we all know that he's in love with the Dubs.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#900 » by turk3d » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:29 am

The-Power wrote:JVG in a rage while talking about people who question the Warriors' ability to succeed in the playoffs. He's quite annoying the way he's talking about everything but the game but that was fun to listen to. He was on the verge of yelling at the play-by-play announcer who didn't do anything wrong. :lol:

But we all know that he's in love with the Dubs.

Actually one of the few times I've agreed with one of JVGs stupid rants. He's right this time. The way the Dubs have played this year so far, everyone should be scared to death of them at this point, yet still so many naysayers which is good, hopefully they'll continue to understimate them, giving the team even more incentive to kick butt in the playoffs.

And BTW Memphis just lost to Cleveland by 31. That's what you get when looking towards the next game instead of concentrating the one you're playing in:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400579358
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice

Return to Golden State Warriors