ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA III

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Around the NBA III 

Post#1 » by Onus » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Split from the previous thread, because it reached 100 pages in length. Around the NBA II can be found here.

jason bourne wrote:I'm saying that upgrading Klank will give the Ws the most improvement for their buck. You can put in SG shooter types like DeRozan or Afflalo and the team will be better imho.

People are star struck by Klank with his potential. He's not all that. I think he's reached his ceiling or close to it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be saying shat.

BTW, I think if you replace Klank with Harden, the Ws would be better than HOU and have a shot at a championship. Harden would be a real Splash Bro.

HAHAHAHHA

You think replacing someone on their rookie contract will give the W's the best improvement for their buck? Rookies are already underpaid and adding a DeRozan ($9.5m) or Afflalo ($7.5m) for Klay ($2.3m) is not what you say it is.

The hate is strong in you young padawan.

If you want the best improvement based on dollars, that involves moving Lee's ($14m) and getting a plethora of pfs that are much cheaper.

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:58 pm

NuWarriors wrote:Jason Bourne smacks of Sid the Squid.

Far from it.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#3 » by Coxy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:59 pm

jason bourne wrote:BTW, I think if you replace Klank with Harden, the Ws would be better than HOU and have a shot at a championship. Harden would be a real Splash Bro.

This sort of genius is rare.

Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#4 » by Warriors Analyst » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

jason bourne wrote:
BTW, I think if you replace Klank with Harden, the Ws would be better than HOU and have a shot at a championship. Harden would be a real Splash Bro.

Replacing a top 10 SG with the best shooting guard in the game and arguably top 5 player in basketball would make us into a championship contending team? Damn, what a concept.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#5 » by Coxy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:31 pm

I would be lying if I said I didn't have an interest in Phil Jackson being in charge of the Knicks. That sleeping giant has lay dormant for a LONG time.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Re: Around the NBA III 

Post#6 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:53 pm

Think I prefer that sleeping giant over our sleeping logo...
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#7 » by jason bourne » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:03 am

Onus wrote:Split from the previous thread, because it reached 100 pages in length. Around the NBA II can be found here.

jason bourne wrote:I'm saying that upgrading Klank will give the Ws the most improvement for their buck. You can put in SG shooter types like DeRozan or Afflalo and the team will be better imho.

People are star struck by Klank with his potential. He's not all that. I think he's reached his ceiling or close to it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be saying shat.

HAHAHAHHA

You think replacing someone on their rookie contract will give the W's the best improvement for their buck? Rookies are already underpaid and adding a DeRozan ($9.5m) or Afflalo ($7.5m) for Klay ($2.3m) is not what you say it is.

If you want the best improvement based on dollars, that involves moving Lee's ($14m) and getting a plethora of pfs that are much cheaper.

No, seriously, lol at your "If you want the best improvement based on dollars, that involves moving Lee's ($14m) and getting a plethora of pfs that are much cheaper."

Getting Kevin Love to replace DLee would not improve this team as getting James Harden to replace Klank. The Ws will be going for a WCF and NBAF championship with Harden.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Furthermore, you're not going to get a plethora of PF better and cheaper than Lee. Only Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried and Terrence Jones come to mind. It's debatable if they will be the fit Lee is on the Ws.

However, one can get a plethora of SGs better than Klank like Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward, Dermar DeRozan, and Gerald Green to name a few in order to improve the team. Upgrade the weak like and you'll raise the team ceiling.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#8 » by Quazza » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:18 am

read today that Klay has made 500 3's in his first 3 seasons

first play in NBA history to do so
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Onus
RealGM

Post#9 » by Onus » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:04 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Onus wrote:Split from the previous thread, because it reached 100 pages in length. Around the NBA II can be found here.

HAHAHAHHA

No, seriously, lol at your "If you want the best improvement based on dollars, that involves moving Lee's ($14m) and getting a plethora of pfs that are much cheaper."

Getting Kevin Love to replace DLee would not improve this team as getting James Harden to replace Klank. The Ws will be going for a WCF and NBAF championship with Harden.

Furthermore, you're not going to get a plethora of PF better and cheaper than Lee. Only Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried and Terrence Jones come to mind. It's debatable if they will be the fit Lee is on the Ws.

However, one can get a plethora of SGs better than Klank like Jimmy Butler, Gordon Hayward, Dermar DeRozan, and Gerald Green to name a few in order to improve the team. Upgrade the weak like and you'll raise the team ceiling.

You lose all credibility when you think the only cheaper and better pfs are Davis, Faried, and T Jones. Terrence Jones and Faried, hahaha, come on son, if you think they're better than Lee then more than half the league's starting pfs are better than Lee.

You obviously don't know how to manage money. So have a good day.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Post#10 » by Jester_ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:30 pm

What'll it take to poach Shane Larkin from Dallas? Love that kid. Might just be because he beasts in 2K though.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Onus
RealGM

Post#11 » by Onus » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:34 pm

Larkin was my favorite pg coming out of that last draft.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by jason bourne » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:22 am

Onus wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

HAHAHAHHA

You lose all credibility when you think the only cheaper and better pfs are Davis, Faried, and T Jones. Terrence Jones and Faried, hahaha, come on son, if you think they're better than Lee then more than half the league's starting pfs are better than Lee.

You obviously don't know how to manage money. So have a good day.

That's it? I don't know how to manage money. We weren't even talking about the long green.

Obviously, you are a nut jobber, so why waste my time discussing how to improve the Ws based on advanced stats and watching games and more advanced stats.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Onus
RealGM

Post#13 » by Onus » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:34 am

Still don't get it huh ... Go figure

you think the best way to improve the team is to improve the one starter who is getting paid the least. By all accounts Klay will make the least even with his extension than the rest of the starters. Please show me any stat that there's a better sg out there that makes less than 2.3M. Then compare that list with pfs who makes less than 14M that are better than Lee. One option saves money, the other option waste money. You choose the option that waste money and defend your decision saying it's the best improvement for their buck.

WTF is a nut jobber?
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by jason bourne » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:30 am

Onus wrote:Still don't get it huh ... Go figure

you think the best way to improve the team is to improve the one starter who is getting paid the least. By all accounts Klay will make the least even with his extension than the rest of the starters. Please show me any stat that there's a better sg out there that makes less than 2.3M. Then compare that list with pfs who makes less than 14M that are better than Lee. One option saves money, the other option waste money. You choose the option that waste money and defend your decision saying it's the best improvement for their buck.

WTF is a nut jobber?

A nut jobber is a crazy person.

I didn't bring my personal finances into this which doesn't make any sense. But if you are talking about the salary cap, then I think the Ws can still add salary up to around $8 M roughly releasing Crawford and O'Neal. Again, the best way to improve the Ws is to upgrade the SG position. You can get more bang for your buck by trading Klank, but another way to go would be trade Barnes for Waiters. It wouldn't cost the Ws too much to go for this upgrade.

ImageImage
Jester_
General Manager

Post#15 » by Jester_ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 pm

So, to those who called me crazy for suggesting swapping David Lee for Amir (which, btw, will never happen now that Masai's in charge)? Raptors are only 4 or 5 behind us in the W column and have the same record as Miami since the Rudy Gay trade. It's crazy how much better we'd be if we had Amir instead of Lee.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#16 » by BW32 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:22 pm

Jester_ wrote:So, to those who called me crazy for suggesting swapping David Lee for Amir (which, btw, will never happen now that Masai's in charge)? Raptors are only 4 or 5 behind us in the W column and have the same record as Miami since the Rudy Gay trade. It's crazy how much better we'd be if we had Amir instead of Lee.

This is worthless since eastern teams play 52 against eastern teams, they'd be under the Wolves in the West.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#17 » by Jester_ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:46 pm

BW32 wrote:
Jester_ wrote:So, to those who called me crazy for suggesting swapping David Lee for Amir (which, btw, will never happen now that Masai's in charge)? Raptors are only 4 or 5 behind us in the W column and have the same record as Miami since the Rudy Gay trade. It's crazy how much better we'd be if we had Amir instead of Lee.

This is worthless since eastern teams play 52 against eastern teams, they'd be under the Wolves in the West.

Did you miss the "have the same record as Miami since the Rudy Gay trade" part? They're 31-16 since that trade, with a tougher schedule than us in that stretch.

They are 14-13 against the west (we're 15-10) including the games Rudy Gay has played.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#18 » by BW32 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Don't know why Raptor fans get so butthurt about the East sucking, it is what it is.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#19 » by Jester_ » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Sooo ignore everything I said and make a smartass comment. Nice.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#20 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:43 am

Wow...Lilliard has to make a layup with 4 seconds left in regulation to send Portland against Bucks to overtime....then they put the Bucks away in OT. Dang...that was close.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors