Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Re: Around the NBA III 

Post#461 » by Onus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:08 pm

turk3d wrote:
Onus wrote:
turk3d wrote:Yeah, Bron will probably eventually pass them all if he can get there a few more times, especially if it's with Cleveland.

This is my problem with Bron. He's the modern day Wilt. How is in there at the top 3? Let alone surpass Jordan?

The dude has been in the Championship finals 5 out of 11 times in his career. Wilt, twice in his 14 year career and Jordan 6 out of his 15 years with Lebron having quite a few more to go. All he needs is a couple of more imo. TBT, I was never a big Lebron fan, but he's made a believer out of me.

Wilt got to the finals 6x as well ... he just only won 2x like Lebron. Except he kept losing to Bill Russell and the Celtics.

Lebron keeps losing to an over the hill Duncan and Dirk.

Lebron also hand picked his teammates, twice now, to play with other all-stars/superstars and jumps ship as soon as he realizes the team is dead in the water. He also plays in a weak eastern conference who's biggest rival is the pacers who has no superstar (Paul George is not an offensive superstar) and the Bulls who's own superstar hasn't played in 2 years.

Lebron has disappeared way too often in the finals for him to be anywhere close to Jordan. It's like the pressure just overwhelms him and he just disappears when the going gets tough. Lebron is a front runner and crumbles with adversity.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#462 » by turk3d » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:13 pm

He's also had to play under two inferior coaches (Brown and Spoelstra) whereas Jordan got to play with another top 50 in Pippen (who was the perfect complement) and perhaps the greatest coach ever in Phil Jackson. I saw Lebron (when he was the Cavs the first time under Brown) almost single-handedly take the Cavs to the finals against San Antonio when he was just a young buck. It's purely subjective, but he (Lebron) gets my vote and if not now, in the near future.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Onus
RealGM

Post#463 » by Onus » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:19 pm

turk3d wrote:He's also had to play under two inferior coaches (Brown and Spoelstra) whereas Jordan got to play with another top 50 in Pippen (who was the perfect complement) and perhaps the greatest coach ever in Phil Jackson. I saw Lebron (when he was the Cavs the first time under Brown) almost single-handedly take the Cavs to the finals against San Antonio when he was just a young buck. It's purely subjective, but he (Lebron) gets my vote and if not now, in the near future.

Spoelstra is not an inferior coach. He has more championships than Lebron does ...

Yea I thought Lebron was going to be awesome after that trip to the finals with the Cavs. He's been great and is a top 15 player of all time, but he's not close to Jordan.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,172

Post#464 » by watch1958 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 pm

Onus wrote:
Spoelstra is not an inferior coach. He has more championships than Lebron does ...

How so?
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Onus
RealGM

Post#465 » by Onus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:18 am

watch1958 wrote:
Onus wrote:

How so?

I was mistaken ... he has as many as
turk3d
RealGM

Post#466 » by turk3d » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:42 am

I wonder how many more he'll get now that Lebron is gone? None? Sometimes guys just happen to be in the right place at the right time. Having Pat Riley (one of the greatest coaches of all time) mentoring him and Lebron (one of the greatest players) playing for him, put him in a pretty good position to win some, I think.

Out coached by Carlisle against the Mavs and out coached by Pop severely against the Spurs this year. I personally think that Spoelstra is a pretty decent coach, however, he's pretty young and although he has gained a lot of experience these years he's been coaching, I'm not really sure how good he really is. It will be interesting to see how he does from here on out without Lebron.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Onus
RealGM

Post#467 » by Onus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:15 am

turk3d wrote:I wonder how many more he'll get now that Lebron is gone? None? Sometimes guys just happen to be in the right place at the right time. Having Pat Riley (one of the greatest coaches of all time) mentoring him and Lebron (one of the greatest players) playing for him, put him in a pretty good position to win some, I think.

Out coached by Carlisle against the Mavs and out coached by Pop severely against the Spurs this year. I personally think that Spoelstra is a pretty decent coach, however, he's pretty young and although he has gained a lot of experience these years he's been coaching, I'm not really sure how good he really is. It will be interesting to see how he does from here on out without Lebron.

had nothing to do with lebron disappearing ... or refusing to guard fat diaw
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#468 » by Jester_ » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:21 pm

Onus wrote:
turk3d wrote:
Onus wrote:
This is my problem with Bron. He's the modern day Wilt. How is in there at the top 3? Let alone surpass Jordan?

The dude has been in the Championship finals 5 out of 11 times in his career. Wilt, twice in his 14 year career and Jordan 6 out of his 15 years with Lebron having quite a few more to go. All he needs is a couple of more imo. TBT, I was never a big Lebron fan, but he's made a believer out of me.

Wilt got to the finals 6x as well ... he just only won 2x like Lebron. Except he kept losing to Bill Russell and the Celtics.

Lebron also hand picked his teammates, twice now, to play with other all-stars/superstars and jumps ship as soon as he realizes the team is dead in the water. He also plays in a weak eastern conference who's biggest rival is the pacers who has no superstar (Paul George is not an offensive superstar) and the Bulls who's own superstar hasn't played in 2 years.

Lebron has disappeared way too often in the finals for him to be anywhere close to Jordan. It's like the pressure just overwhelms him and he just disappears when the going gets tough. Lebron is a front runner and crumbles with adversity.

When exactly has Lebron disappeared "way too often"? Man, I expected this kind of cryptic "ice blood" nonsense from others on this board Onus, but not you.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Onus
RealGM

Post#469 » by Onus » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Onus wrote:
turk3d wrote:The dude has been in the Championship finals 5 out of 11 times in his career. Wilt, twice in his 14 year career and Jordan 6 out of his 15 years with Lebron having quite a few more to go. All he needs is a couple of more imo. TBT, I was never a big Lebron fan, but he's made a believer out of me.

When exactly has Lebron disappeared "way too often"? Man, I expected this kind of cryptic "ice blood" nonsense from others on this board Onus, but not you.

I **** hate Lebron ... He's lost me $2000 this past season and another $500 when he lost to Dirk. It pisses me off whenever someone says Lebron has a chance to surpass Jordan.

And he absolutely did disappear against the Mavericks. Against the spurs the entire team just got taken out to the woodshed. The entire team just gave up.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#470 » by turk3d » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:42 pm

Well Onus now that the truth has come out, if he lost me 2500 smackeroos, I'd probably hate his guts too, lol. One of the reasons I never bet on sports. :lol:
turk3d
RealGM

Post#471 » by turk3d » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:23 am

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#472 » by Mylie10 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Here's the difference between Jordan and Lebron

Lebron would get up for playing Jordan and the matchups would be epic. Because even though they played different positions, they would go toe to toe for much of the game.

Problem is...Jordan gets up for playing EVERYBODY....He could be playing Mike Dunleavy and he'd want to tear Dunleavy a new one.

Lebron doesn't have the same fire Jordan had....he just doesn't..to passive in comparison.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#473 » by whocurrz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:38 pm

Onus wrote:
And he absolutely did disappear against the Mavericks. Against the spurs the entire team just got taken out to the woodshed. The entire team just gave up.

This. Dude drew JJ Barea multiple times and rather than go at him he deferred. JJ freakin Barea! He's a guy anyone should be able to score on much less the best player in the league. If another team tried to switch Barea onto Jordan he'd get so offended he'd bring his game to a whole new level and call them out in a post game interview for being stupid. Lebron absolutely disappeared in that series. His total points in the 4th quarter that series was laughable. He's improved on his killer instinct but I don't know if he'll ever have the competitive drive Jordan or Kobe had. They had that ability like Mylie was saying to want to abuse anyone who stepped on the same court as them, because they were always able to convince themselves that guys didn't belong and having them there was some sort of insult/ personal challenge.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Jester_
General Manager

Post#474 » by Jester_ » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:19 pm

Mavs series he disappeared, I admit. But that's 1 out of 5 finals. The other 4 he literally carried his entire team -- besides 2012 when the role players came to help.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Post#475 » by Frank Mulely » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:01 am

I think LeBron shuts down when he's concluded his team isn't good enough to win. Yeah Jordan wouldn't do that. But bottom line LeBron just gets discouraged and honestly the times he's shut himself off like I think against Boston in the playoffs that last year with Cleveland...he's probably been right. I don't see how LeBron could have willed Miami to beat the Spurs this year. The Spurs were just too good and too well coached, wasn't gonna happen.

Off the record I'm certain that Miami overusing LeBron and saving Wade plus the prospect of having to carry ever-more of the load with Wade declining was reason #1 for going back to Cleveland.
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#476 » by InWestWeTrust » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Kings just signed this 7'5" indian kid.

He looks out of shape, slow, and he has borderline t-rex arms. That's just based on the photo, never seen him play in any clips or anything.
Jester_
General Manager

Post#477 » by Jester_ » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:43 am

I've been following him for years -- he's unlikely to ever sniff an NBA court. Ranadive publicity stunt to get the Indian market.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#478 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:31 am

InWestWeTrust wrote:Image

He looks out of shape, slow, and he has borderline t-rex arms. That's just based on the photo, never seen him play in any clips or anything.

I wanna know his shoes size. Dang, he's got gigantic feet.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#479 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:46 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:Image

I wanna know his shoes size. Dang, he's got gigantic feet.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

I thought those were boats, not shoes

I could take a nap in one of those
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#480 » by Left*My*Heart » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:00 am

Mylie10 wrote:Here's the difference between Jordan and Lebron

Lebron would get up for playing Jordan and the matchups would be epic. Because even though they played different positions, they would go toe to toe for much of the game.

Problem is...Jordan gets up for playing EVERYBODY....He could be playing Mike Dunleavy and he'd want to tear Dunleavy a new one.

Lebron doesn't have the same fire Jordan had....he just doesn't..to passive in comparison.

I don't think you would have ever heard Jordan wanting another star or two to join him. I think the competiviness was just too deep and his legacy would be compromised in his mind. The same goes for Bird and Magic.

Return to Golden State Warriors