ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA III

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Re: Around the NBA III 

Post#1621 » by wco81 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 8:10 pm

Watch them sign someone late in the season like they did with Frye.

The last two years, significant personnel changes well into the season.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1622 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:46 pm

Matt Barnes choking a woman in New York club. Guy has some real issues.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#1623 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 5, 2016 8:43 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Matt Barnes choking a woman in New York club. Guy has some real issues.

Nothing proven yet. Might be completely false.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1624 » by Mylie10 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:35 pm

Does making out with a chick and sticking your tongue way down her throat count as choking?.......Too soon?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1625 » by Coxy » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:37 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Does making out with a chick and sticking your tongue way down her throat count as choking?.......Too soon?

Gene Simmons says no.
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,243

Post#1626 » by Statlanta » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:16 pm

wco81 wrote:Watch them sign someone late in the season like they did with Frye.

The last two years, significant personnel changes well into the season.

We'll give them 3 and D PG C.J Watson for free just so they can keep the trophy in the East :lol:
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1627 » by Quazza » Mon Dec 5, 2016 11:16 pm

see the NY crowd yesterday chanting " DERRICK FISHER!" when he had the ball? hahahaa
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#1628 » by Quazza » Thu Dec 8, 2016 9:22 am

freak

KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#1629 » by StepBackCrack » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:10 pm

Read on Twitter

lmao that clown got utterly embarrassed.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#1630 » by StepBackCrack » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:29 pm

Westbrook's triple doubles are overrated by the media. His motor is very impressive but getting a triple double doesn't always mean that you had a good/great game. Especially in Russ's case because he turns the ball way too often, not an efficient scorer and has a low BB IQ. Plus no real effort on D. Russ had a triple double last night and was bad vs the Rockets in general. His main issue is his low BB IQ imo. He keeps shooting 3s even tho he is a terrible 3-pt shooter. He rushes many plays. He doesn't learn from his mistakes. He always plays the same way. He doesn't try to play smarter at all. This is why I would always take someone like CP3 or Harden over him. They are extremely talented PGs as well and they are way smarter than Russ. They don't rush plays at all. They make the right plays way more than Russ and that's what you want from your PG at the elite level. That said, Westbrook is a top 5 player but if he was able to play smarter and be more efficient (not taking awful 3pt shots would help a lot), he would be a much better player for sure.
wco81
RealGM

Post#1631 » by wco81 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:43 pm

Doesn't matter, if he smashes the triple double record and leads his team to at least 45-50 wins, he will be the MVP.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#1632 » by StepBackCrack » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:47 pm

wco81 wrote:Doesn't matter, if he smashes the triple double record and leads his team to at least 45-50 wins, he will be the MVP.

Yeah I guess you are right and that's because media is making a big deal out of TDs without looking at anything else. If Harden leads the Rockets to a higher seed than OKC, he deserves the MVP the most. IMO he has been more impressive than Westbrook this season and so far he would be my clear pick for MVP. He actually led the Rockets to a win vs the best team in the league at their home court which is damn impressive.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1633 » by Coxy » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:42 pm

KD_Steph wrote:
wco81 wrote:Doesn't matter, if he smashes the triple double record and leads his team to at least 45-50 wins, he will be the MVP.

Yeah I guess you are right and that's because media is making a big deal out of TDs without looking at anything else. If Harden leads the Rockets to a higher seed than OKC, he deserves the MVP the most. IMO he has been more impressive than Westbrook this season and so far he would be my clear pick for MVP. He actually led the Rockets to a win vs the best team in the league at their home court which is damn impressive.

The triple double thing is a nice story for th history books, but I agree as well, Westbrook is nothing more than an energiser bunny. The fact that can just keep going at 100 miles per hour non stop over the course of a season is his biggest claim to being a superstar. It's fantastic, but whatever, that sort of game will just lead you to a shorter shelf life and also just frustrate your teammates as you keep playing out of control to hunt for your stats.

I guess after watching the Warriors for the past 4-5 seasons and watching true unselfish basketball, I just don't see the point of the 1 man show anymore. Team basketball gets it done and is a thing of beauty. It's a weird thing to say, but averaging a triple double the way he is doesn't impress me.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#1634 » by StepBackCrack » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Coxy wrote:
KD_Steph wrote:

The triple double thing is a nice story for th history books, but I agree as well, Westbrook is nothing more than an energiser bunny. The fact that can just keep going at 100 miles per hour non stop over the course of a season is his biggest claim to being a superstar. It's fantastic, but whatever, that sort of game will just lead you to a shorter shelf life and also just frustrate your teammates as you keep playing out of control to hunt for your stats.

I guess after watching the Warriors for the past 4-5 seasons and watching true unselfish basketball, I just don't see the point of the 1 man show anymore. Team basketball gets it done and is a thing of beauty. It's a weird thing to say, but averaging a triple double the way he is doesn't impress me.

Agreed.

marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#1635 » by marthafokker » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Cuban making Trump looks like normal. Westbrook not superstar. Not trading his 1st unless top 5 superstar. He would not trade 1st for Westbrook? No wonder why only guys like Barnes that wants his money sign with Mavs now.

Mavs is going to be the new age LAC.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
StepBackCrack
Starter

Post#1636 » by StepBackCrack » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:04 pm

marthafokker wrote:Cuban making Trump looks like normal. Westbrook not superstar. Not trading his 1st unless top 5 superstar. He would not trade 1st for Westbrook? No wonder why only guys like Barnes that wants his money sign with Mavs now.

Mavs is going to be the new age LAC.

Cuban is a clown. He is lucky that he got someone like Dirk to make the Mavs relevant over the years.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1637 » by jason bourne » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:05 am

It could be if it wasn't your tongue, but something bigger and longer.

I just wanted to post the Kings are kicking the Lakers ass tonight. Very enjoyable.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1638 » by FNQ » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:13 pm

RIP Craig Sager.

To quote our senior therapist: "Heaven got a lot more colorful today"
Coxy
RealGM

Post#1639 » by Coxy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:24 am

FNQ wrote:RIP Craig Sager.

To quote our senior therapist: "Heaven got a lot more colorful today"

It sure did. He was great for the league. RIP.
wco81
RealGM

Post#1640 » by wco81 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:53 am

Montejunas is a free agent, the Rockets released him. Not sure if they couldn't agree on a deal or he failed physical.

Could be why he didn't get many bites from other teams.

Brooklyn can't sign him for one year.

Wonder if he'd go for a vet minimum deal for the rest of the year. Maybe he could get ready by the playoffs. Would provide some offense to the second unit if he can get healthy.

Return to Golden State Warriors