ImageImageImageImageImage

I don't know what went wrong

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: I don't know what went wrong, but the season was a fail 

Post#21 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:16 pm

1) Oh God another sorry, pathetic post about firing Mark Jackson and our team play when Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala, and Bogut only played 43 games together this season. We are 31-12 when these 5 players are healthy and playing together.

2) We also have a complete mess of a bench with Festus Ezeli a no show this season.

3) Jermaine O'Neal dealing with injuries all season long and missed a total of 36 games.

4) We have "Can't Get Right" Marreese Speights that can't play no more than 2 minutes of smart basketball :nonono:

5) No backup PG for 3/4 of the regular season. This is how bad our backup PG position has been this season: We went from Toney Douglas, to Jordan Crawford, to now Steve Blake :banghead:

6) A player with a bad motor in Harrison Barnes that doesn't leak out on fast break or cut to the basket on offense.

7) A player that thinks he's the best Jordan that ever played the game no matter if it's the first or last name Jordan. A guy that took 18 shots to score only 16 points. Imagine how many shots it would take Jordan Crawford to score 30 points? :crazy:

8) The first Warriors head coach to have 47 wins or more in back to back season since Al Attles did it in 1974 and this is his only 3rd season as a head coach in the NBA and got this team to being one of the top defensive teams in the NBA, but let's fire him :roll:
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,308

Post#22 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Unless you are married to Pat Summit in gonna have to respectfully decline to defer to the "Chuck's wife" test. Mkay?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#23 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Unless you are married to Pat Summit in gonna have to respectfully decline to defer to the "Chuck's wife" test. Mkay?

I guess you're saying she's wrong in her observations. I will respectfully decline that opinion.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

I don't know what went wrong, but the season was a fail 

Post#24 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:26 pm

I respect your decision to defer to your wife over me no problem. Happy wife happy life. :D

But I don't come home to her so I can tell her when she's wrong. she is wrong in extrapolating last night observations to the entire season and concluding that Jackson should be fired, yes.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#25 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:33 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:I think she is wrong in extrapolating last night observations to the entire season and concluding that Jackson should be fired, yes.

Seems the primary observations were lack of ball movement, lack of player movement, Iguodala not being involved in the offense, and a message from the coach which offered inspiration but no practical adjustments. Which of those have not been the case all year?
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#26 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:35 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:I think she is wrong in extrapolating last night observations to the entire season and concluding that Jackson should be fired, yes.

Seems the primary observations were lack of ball movement, lack of player movement, Iguodala not being involved in the offense, and a message from the coach which offered inspiration but no practical adjustments. Which of those have not been the case all year?

In my opinion, all of them. We have ball movement problems when we have force fed Barnes, or when JO has been the only scorer on the floor. Our good players have moved the ball and executed good half court offense much more often than not. This has been an oversold take all year long.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#27 » by GSWhoopfan » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:What's worse was that Joe Lacob was at the game, and probably is still kicking himself for using that amnesty clause on Charlie Bell, lol..

This is an important factor in the conversation that gets ignore.

This team was believed by experts and statisticians to be about a 50 win team at the outset. They are at this point on pace to be about a 50 win team, barring an epic collapse.

What has LACOB done over the course of this season to elevate the team, other than participating in undermining his coach? Where is the meaningful lux-tax addition using the TEs? Where did the owner put skin in the game to make the team more than it was on paper? Other than talking a lot about an arena that apparently isn't going to get built, Lacob did not put any new money into the team beyond what we started with on day 1. You can shout and waive your arms and tell people their jobs are on the line all you want, but if you have a 50 win product, you are going to get 50 wins at the end of the day.

Not hating on the guy but his intentions are to make money which he is doing. By creating a demand of 3000 plus in line for season tickets helps generate revenue.

I don't think his pure intentions are "all in to win". He's more about the Benjamin's.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#28 » by cj03 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:57 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:1) Oh God another sorry, pathetic post about firing Mark Jackson and our team play when Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala, and Bogut only played 43 games together this season. We are 31-12 when these 5 players are healthy and playing together.

2) We also have a complete mess of a bench with Festus Ezeli a no show this season.

3) Jermaine O'Neal dealing with injuries all season long and missed a total of 36 games.

4) We have "Can't Get Right" Marreese Speights that can't play no more than 2 minutes of smart basketball :nonono:

5) No backup PG for 3/4 of the regular season. This is how bad our backup PG position has been this season: We went from Toney Douglas, to Jordan Crawford, to now Steve Blake :banghead:

6) A player with a bad motor in Harrison Barnes that doesn't leak out on fast break or cut to the basket on offense.

7) A player that thinks he's the best Jordan that ever played the game no matter if it's the first or last name Jordan. A guy that took 18 shots to score only 16 points. Imagine how many shots it would take Jordan Crawford to score 30 points? :crazy:

8) The first Warriors head coach to have 47 wins or more in back to back season since Al Attles did it in 1974 and this is his only 3rd season as a head coach in the NBA and got this team to being one of the top defensive teams in the NBA, but let's fire him :roll:

People need to stop ignoring the other variables in this equation. Just because Jackson has "led" this team to 47 and 50+ wins the past two seasons doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach. If that were the case, Vinny del Negro and Scott Brooks are some of the best in the business, which is simply not true.

Jackson instills confidence in his players which is an invaluable skill. He utterly fails in creating a scheme which produces movement on offense. The offense is extremely stagnant.
cj03
Starter
And1: 154

Post#29 » by cj03 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:15 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:

In my opinion, all of them. We have ball movement problems when we have force fed Barnes, or when JO has been the only scorer on the floor. Our good players have moved the ball and executed good half court offense much more often than not. This has been an oversold take all year long.

I'm not buying it's an oversold take. Aren't we close to the top in terms of percent of isolation plays and post up plays? I wish I could figure out synergy, but I can't. If you'd like to educate me, I'd be more than willing to learn how to find the damn stats.

I also feel when we force-feed Klay and Lee in the post we don't really move the ball great. Although Klay has been better at it.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#30 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:20 pm

cj03 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:1) Oh God another sorry, pathetic post about firing Mark Jackson and our team play when Curry, Thompson, Lee, Iguodala, and Bogut only played 43 games together this season. We are 31-12 when these 5 players are healthy and playing together.

People need to stop ignoring the other variables in this equation. Just because Jackson has "led" this team to 47 and 50+ wins the past two seasons doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach. If that were the case, Vinny del Negro and Scott Brooks are some of the best in the business, which is simply not true.

Jackson instills confidence in his players which is an invaluable skill. He utterly fails in creating a scheme which produces movement on offense. The offense is extremely stagnant.

Wait . . . what? What happened again? :lol:

Mike D'Antoni, Kevin McHale, Rick Adelman have a good offensive scheme and are one of the most points scoring team out there, but are horrible defensive coaches. So would you take those guys to upgrade the offense and then become a horrible defensive team again? Last time I checked defense wins championships **COUGH, COUGH Don Nelson**
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#31 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:53 pm

cj03 wrote:

I see it as a good thing and bad thing: Good for our organization and bad enough that we probably won't be contenders to make deep playoff runs.

But, still think that's damn good for ultra-competitive conference. Jackson just doesn't know when to switch it up when the opportunity is there to dominate and the players are having trouble matching the intensity/energy level of other teams. We just really need strategist (AKA a coach) that Jackson can get along with on the sidelines and be on the same page, and make our players play with more heart/effort. And we'll be even better.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,329

Post#32 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:52 pm

yup, its a giant fail getting our 5th 50 win season (and we will get it) in 69 years... :roll: :lol:

you whiners must be a bunch of bandwagoners that didn't have to sit through decades of worthless throw away seasons
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#33 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:59 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:yup, its a giant fail getting our 5th 50 win season (and we will get it) in 69 years... :roll: :lol:

you whiners must be a bunch of bandwagoners that didn't have to sit through decades of worthless throw away seasons

Fool, don't you know that Pop is just waiting for us to can Jackson so he can take the W's job and hire Thibs and Scal as assistants? Our bench is gonna be our "big three" as soon as we **** MJ. It's science.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#34 » by whocurrz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:08 pm

There's blame to go around but realistically most of the blame has to fall on Jackson. Besides our players liking him I don't think he has enough skills as a coach to be asked to build a championship contender. And it's not necessarily his fault as he's still young to coaching. He still has a long way to go as an x's and o's guy which is why he's pretty terrible at making adjustments and is usually the only times he attacks matchups is when he is getting straight up baited into it. After 2 games into the Spurs series, Pop made a adjustment that Jackson still can't seem to figure out and in fact gets exploited more this year. His best claim to great adjustments was probably utilizing a stretch 4 against Denver last year which he was forced into. Despite that working well, he rarely utilized that lineup this year and his hockey substitutions have been a problem all year. Including last night! I don't know if you missed it Sleepy but there was a time with Blake Crawford Barnes Green and O'Neal. Just because he didn't sub them all out at the same time and staggered it a tiny bit doesn't mean he still hasn't learned from this mistake. It's the definition of insanity. I know Mark believes in his guys and that is one of his assets, but sometimes he needs to be protected from himself. This is why I think if we retain him as a coach, he needs to switch up his assistant coaching stuff and pitch to our owners why this coach and system can work for the team. He's insane if he thinks he doesn't need help in that regard and this should be a condition to him keeping his job. I think he can change some of these ways as he's not a coach like George Karl who often loses playoff series for the same things every year after 30 years of coaching.

I'm not of the mentality that he needs to be fired unless we get embarrassed in the playoffs and blown out in our home games but I think the writing is on the wall as far as how far he can take this team without some tweaking to his staff. But I don't think he should be replaced unless we have someone who we think can take over and do these things.

And as an aside I think the credit he gets for changing the culture and developing our players is a bit overrated. He gives guys opportunities which is part of developing talent but Curry's floor game flourished more because he was actually heathy the past two offseasons and didn't have Monta to share the ball with. He's also gotten much better at splitting double teams which has helped his assist game a lot. I don't see him playing PG in the style that Jackson was known for, but to Jackson's credit if he shouldn't ask him to do that. Klay's man to man defense came from working with some of the assistant coaches and there are articles to support that. He admitted that his desire to get better at defense was from playing against Team USA after his rookie year. Draymond has improved as a shooter which I doubt is much of Jackson's doing since he's not a shooting coach. Basketball IQ and catching up to the speed of the game is a part of the natural learning curve most players have. The culture change and shift to defense mentality came with the improvement of Klay, the trade from Ellis to Bogut (opening up minutes for Klay also) and this year the addition of Iguodala. Jackson's first year (one where he had about equivalent talent with Keith Smart our team was not much better especially on defense. Last year we were better but we used Malone's strategies on defending pick and roll and good man defense coaching from our assistants. Talent in flux (especially the addition of player who care about defense) is just as responsible for defensive improvements and our improvement from a treadmill team to a winning culture.

The whole thing reminds me a bit of the Clippers situation the last couple years and I think we have more talent than those Clipper teams previous to this year. And you could say same things about players improving under Vinny as Blake, DeAndre and Bledsoe all improved under VDN but Blake and Deandre improved to be in MVP and DPOY conversations with a coach who then knew how to utilize them to their fullest. However coaches like Doc aren't available all the time and that's why I stand by my point that we shouldn't fire him just because he didn't take us as far as we felt we should have gone.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#35 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:11 pm

^green was a starter
totalrekall
Senior
And1: 49

Post#36 » by totalrekall » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:12 pm

without mark jackson this is a 55-60 win team. w/ him they are 50. addition by subtraction. the Nuggets outrebounded the Warriors 63-38. they had 25 offensive boards! thats what happens when you choose not to match up at any point during the game even though you are getting destroyed on the boards. its bizarre. either coach cant see whats happening in the game or is too egotistical to make necessary changes. either way he isnt competent

Mozgov is huge and Faried is a monster. there is no way you can get away w/ going small on those guys all game. how is Green supposed to play PF vs Faried? its ridiculous. he's way undersized for PF to begin w/ and he's going against one the most physical, tenacious rebounders in the league. completely nuts. then you have Mozgov who is 7'1" and strong as an ox. where Bogut? where's O'Neal? or Hilton Armstrong at least(DNP)? on the bench of course. lets roll w/ the finesse rebounder Speights. that should work out great.

then after the game all Jackson can do is blame his players. the bigs(who he didnt have in the game) and then he says the rest of the team has to help them out. so according to Mark Jackson everyone is to blame except himself. somehow in his muddled brain its our bigs fault for not rebounding when he had them on the bench and he expected our guards to outrebound Faried and Mozgov!
when asked about getting a 20pt lead and then losing it by going all bench players. he responded by saying the starters werent getting it done. no **** coach. you sat them all on the bench. this guy is delusional is so many ways
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#37 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:14 pm

^^desire or not, Klay was still getting flogged on D at the start if last year. He didn't turn the corner until last January.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,585

Post#38 » by HiRez » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:34 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:yup, its a giant fail getting our 5th 50 win season (and we will get it) in 69 years... :roll: :lol:

I sat through all that. The problem is, I don't was to squander the one opportunity we've had in decades to win a championship. We shouldn't be happy with 50 wins because we have championship-contender-caliber talent that is not playing up to their potential on many nights. Personally I think both Jackson and the players share the blame for that but what is so frustrating is their poor performance is to a large extent correctable without a bunch of big trades going down. Their problems are mostly mental, and those of not being properly prepared and learning from mistakes.

Honestly I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes after they leave the court, none of us do, but what I see repeatedly is a team that comes out the next game as if their minds had been wiped clean. There is no growth, no learning from mistakes, no overall game plan forming game to game. You suffer an embarrassing loss, I get that you want to forget about it, shrug it off and move on. But it doesn't seem like anyone is asking the questions why did we lose that game? And what can we do to make sure that doesn't happen again?

They are simply not valuing every game. Unless you are the Spurs on top of the standings, you can't really afford to coast in this league — and even the Spurs don't really coast. That cavalier attitude and lax play can come bite you in the ass, they are only 2 games away from being in the lottery, and it's not their basketball talent that got them into that situation.

Not only that but they have ruined what was probably the best home court environment in the league. When you come out playing like pansies who don't give a crap after 3-4 days off in front of your home crowd, those people who paid their hard-earned money to watch your product are going to stop backing you at some point.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#39 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Lastly, I reserve the right to pull a total 180 and turn on MJ like hot mayo at a picnic if we lose again tonight
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#40 » by Mylie10 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:17 pm

I also watched some Purs last night and they run more iso and fast break run-outs than they used to. With Kawhi Leonard doing the finishing most times.

The guys broadcasting mentioned this during the game.

The Spurs run a lot of plays with lots of ball movement, but they also run iso, pick and roll, postups, and go after matchups.

We do similar things, but we have to elite long range shooters who take lots of long range shots. Some off ball movement, and some off iso or mismatch.

Stop with the Pop crap. He aint comin here.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors