ImageImageImageImageImage

The Clippers are afraid of the Warriors

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Vanilla Man
Banned User
And1: 35

The Clippers are afraid of the Warriors 

Post#1 » by Vanilla Man » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:32 am

Win or lose, I don't care WHAT you say! Hey last year the Dubs lost their only all star! They have to prove they can do it without their other big man! You're a fool if you think the Dubs don't have a fighting chance! Live a little and have some fun because I know the Warriors aren't giving in! We're in for a fight! Now let's get up and root! It's house money now and I think the Clippers are going to choke! I can just feeeeel it in the air! U know that feeling? Be a real fan and stand up, say that you believe! Don't be a curmudgeon! This is what life and basketball is all about! Tell yourself you believe! Don't tell yourself you don't believe cuz you do! I believe!

Clippers are afraid!
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Re: The Clippers are afraid of the Warriors 

Post#2 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:01 am

I still have faith in the Warriors as well, but I wouldn't say the Clippers are afraid of the Warriors. We're better off playing the underdog role and pulling off an unprecedented inspirational upset. Warriors are going to rally together with this loss of Bogut and do it big for him.

#WeBelieve
#DubNation
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#3 » by Vanilla Man » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:07 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:I still have faith in the Warriors as well, but I wouldn't say the Clippers are afraid of the Warriors. We're better off playing the underdog role and pulling off an unprecedented inspirational upset. Warriors are going to rally together with this loss of Bogut and do it big for him.

#WeBelieve

Dam straight. But I meant that once they start feeling the heat and seeing the 3's draining, they're going to start to have a shadow of a doubt for sure. I can feel it. Warriors have nothing to lose.
A12MEN
Junior
And1: 22

Post#4 » by A12MEN » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:14 am

I was a little down on the bogut injury just because he adds a dimension that we haven't been accustomed to as warriors fans. BUT we have shooters and they can out shoot anyone in this league which always gives us a chance. We also play well against good teams at home and away. And the clippers aren't a great free throw shooting team which will always be their Achilles heel. Imma stay positive, I believe we are going to get ezeli back and I believe bogut will come back sooner than expected. Im feeling alittle lucky and grateful that we are talking playoffs once again and not worrying about draft picks. Imma enjoy the opportunity we have because we haven't had many playoff experiences so it would be a waste for us to be bitter and down. LETS GO WARRIORS , WE ALWAYS BELIEVE
:D :D :D :D :D !
MAC
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#5 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:48 am

We Believe Part 2.

Vanilla Man, Flash Falcon & A12MEN are the first on the bandwagon.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#6 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:50 am

All we gotta do is steal one game on the road and then take care of business at home. Obviously easier said than done, but I'm not losing faith in the team unless we're down 0-3 or something crazy like that.
#DubNation
A12MEN
Junior
And1: 22

Post#7 » by A12MEN » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:06 am

We gotta keep our wagon strong. :clap:
Since there is only three of us on the wagon, I had to find the appropriate photo of us.

MAC
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#8 » by Kuya » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 am

Anything can happen as long as we have the Splash God Image
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#9 » by Vanilla Man » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:24 am

The injury was a blessing in disguise because the Warriors will play a more open court game
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#10 » by Golden Angel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:45 am

I never count out these guys.

I still believe.
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,617

Post#11 » by Coxy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:55 am

I doubt there afraid of us, but we'll give them hell.

Green was born for playoff basketball, as was Steph. They'll be aiming to presuure Steph like he's never seen before.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,334

Post#12 » by migya » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Losing Bogut almost assures we lose the series. It does mean the team may look to run and gun, but I still think that Jermaine can play the defense quite well himself. It is the health of Lee and Iguodala that is paramount. Both are ailing and that is huge. Unless Griffin himself is ailing, the team is hobbling. That actually could be a good thing, because they'll be underdogs, perhaps more than last season against Denver and all that should do is making them play loose. Clips have lost in the 1st round two of the three seasons since CP got there, so they choke. Defense is still a strength of the team but the bench has to come up big, meaning Speights, Crawford, Blake and even Barnes have to be better than usual.
Northx57
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#13 » by Northx57 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Didn't you just make a thread saying this season was a fail?
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#14 » by Golden Angel » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Northx57 wrote:Didn't you just make a thread saying this season was a fail?

:rofl:
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,018

Post#15 » by Jester_ » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Without Bogut this series won't be half as fun
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,088

Post#16 » by Onus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:27 pm

Coxy wrote:I doubt there afraid of us, but we'll give them hell.

Green was born for playoff basketball, as was Steph. They'll be aiming to presuure Steph like he's never seen before.

Who's going to be pressuring Steph on LAC? Paul, Crawford, Dudley, Redick, Collison, Granger? Curry is going to splash all over their face.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#17 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:35 pm

We still have defense.

Andre Iguodala and Draymond Green are the top two small forwards in DRPM.
Klay Thompson is a lengthy defender as well.

That's all the perimeter defense you need.

Our problem is obviously defending the paint, but if Lee is healthy we just have to hope that he and Griffin cancel each other out. Griffin is obviously the better player of the two, but if we can put enough pressure on him we can make him and Lee both equal (again, easier said than done). DeAndre Jordan would be the big difference maker down low if that happens.

Bogut is out, but we still got some very valuable players on this team.

Steph Curry is 3rd in the NBA in WAR behind only KD and LeBron. Andre Iguodala has the 3rd best WAR for small forwards, behind only KD and LeBron.

Having Curry in human torch mode (loves that playoff atmosphere), Klay Thompson having his best month in April heading into the Playoffs (he's been playing better than the November Klay), Lee scoring down low, and Iguodala using his athleticism to be more aggressive now that Bogut is out will all still give us a chance to pull out surprising wins. You're never really out if guys are shooting hot. That's all we can hope for right now.

Still, the odds of winning the series is unlikely, but still possible. We have the best shooter in the world on our team and with Bogut out, Curry has the biggest green light in the world to shoot like crazy. Our perimeter defenders will put in work, too. Just gotta hope Lee cancels out Griffin and that O'Neal & Speights do a decent job on DeAndre.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#18 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:38 pm

Onus wrote:

Who's going to be pressuring Steph on LAC? Paul, Crawford, Dudley, Redick, Collison, Granger? Curry is going to splash all over their face.

CP3 is one hell of a defender.

LAC will likely be throwing multiple players at Steph.

CP3 is a good flopper, too. I can already see all the "moving screen" calls on the Warriors whenever Draymond, Lee, O'Neal, etc. set a screen for Curry to get open.

Just gotta hope Curry can still make shots despite CP3's defense, and also hope that CP3 gets worn out trying to defend Curry so that it'll effect CP3's production.
#DubNation
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#19 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:48 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
Onus wrote:

CP3 is one hell of a defender.

LAC will likely be throwing multiple players at Steph.

CP3 is a good flopper, too. I can already see all the "moving screen" calls on the Warriors whenever Draymond, Lee, O'Neal, etc. set a screen for Curry to get open.

Just gotta hope Curry can still make shots despite CP3's defense, and also hope that CP3 gets worn out trying to defend Curry so that it'll effect CP3's production.

The thing is, Paul is a good defender, but after him, who else is going to defend Curry? Then throw Klay in the mix and the Clippers have a shortage of defenders. Klay and Dre will both defend Paul at times and you will have Green on him off the PNR.

IMO that the Clippers are a worse defensive team than last seasons team and the playoffs expose that weakness.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#20 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Flopping doesn't work as well during the playoffs, as the refs let them play a lot more physical.

Return to Golden State Warriors