Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Re: The Clippers are afraid of the Warriors 

Post#21 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:
Onus wrote:
Who's going to be pressuring Steph on LAC? Paul, Crawford, Dudley, Redick, Collison, Granger? Curry is going to splash all over their face.

CP3 is one hell of a defender.

LAC will likely be throwing multiple players at Steph.

CP3 is a good flopper, too. I can already see all the "moving screen" calls on the Warriors whenever Draymond, Lee, O'Neal, etc. set a screen for Curry to get open.

Just gotta hope Curry can still make shots despite CP3's defense, and also hope that CP3 gets worn out trying to defend Curry so that it'll effect CP3's production.

The thing is, Paul is a good defender, but after him, who else is going to defend Curry? Then throw Klay in the mix and the Clippers have a shortage of defenders. Klay and Dre will both defend Paul at times and you will have Green on him off the PNR.

IMO that the Clippers are a worse defensive team than last seasons team and the playoffs expose that weakness.

Well that's exactly what I'm hoping for and why I still have faith in the Warriors.

I don't think LAC's main defensive focus on Curry will be individual defenders. Their defensive plan will probably be to try to bother him by throwing multiple guys at him. So it's not much of a matter of individual defense, but power in numbers since they're hoping multiple guys jumping at Curry would be enough to bother him.

With that said, I'm not worried about their defense on Curry. Even if they threw guys at Curry, I'm still confident that it won't stop Curry from being aggressive with his offensive attacks.

The only thing I'm worried about is our interior defense. But like I said, I'm hoping that Lee cancels out Griffin and that we do a decent job limiting DeAndre.

Also, as a side note. I really feel like if we can steal one of the first two on the road, then Jordan Crawford could be a surprise X-Factor playing at home. He just seems like one of those wild players who would thrive greatly from the crazy energy that Oracle has during the Playoffs.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#22 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Flopping doesn't work as well during the playoffs, as the refs let them play a lot more physical.

Don't underestimate CP3's flop game.

Dude is smart as hell. Sometimes his flops are obvious, but most of the time if he really puts effort into it he makes his flops look very realistic.

He knows the perfect times to flop, too. Usually when he senses that there will be a scuffle for the ball, he'll make it look like he's being an intense player trying to fight for the ball, and once the other player tries to match that intensity, CP3 will absorb the contact and flop like crazy.

He also loves to do little jerk movements against good defenders to make the most minimal contact look aggressive against him. Little things like that are subtle actions that make a huge difference in a ref's judgement.

Also, expect him to do that move where he gets in a triple threat position, waits for his defender to get close with arms extended, and then Cp3 will curl up under the defender's arms and initiate contact as he attempts a shot. That hurts the opposition in crunch time because it adds another foul which gets LAC closer to the bonus.

CP3 also loves to flop whenever he can sense the other team building momentum. So whenever Golden State goes on a run, he'll do little things to try to get the refs to blow the whistle to slow down the game and put a subtle stop to our run.

Another thing CP3 loves to do is complain about every little thing to a ref. That way, if he doesn't get a call right away, he'll keep complaining so that the refs will feel as if they're missing a ton of calls and then the refs will start calling all the little ticky tack fouls that have minimal contact.

I just hope the Warriors can overcome CP3's flop game, and I hope what you're saying about the refs is true in that they let teams play more physical in the Playoffs.
#DubNation
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Post#23 » by Jester_ » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:20 pm

Key to the series is if Playoff Jackson shows up. We've got the matchups to beat them even without Bogut.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
Amazing Curry
Starter
And1: 65

Post#24 » by Amazing Curry » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Did anyone watch Bill and Jalen's playoff video on Grantland? There was one talking about Jackson being on the hot seat. I know it's Simmons but even he calls out Jackson on his isos.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,131

Post#25 » by Onus » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:
CP3 is one hell of a defender.

LAC will likely be throwing multiple players at Steph.

CP3 is a good flopper, too. I can already see all the "moving screen" calls on the Warriors whenever Draymond, Lee, O'Neal, etc. set a screen for Curry to get open.

Just gotta hope Curry can still make shots despite CP3's defense, and also hope that CP3 gets worn out trying to defend Curry so that it'll effect CP3's production.

The thing is, Paul is a good defender, but after him, who else is going to defend Curry? Then throw Klay in the mix and the Clippers have a shortage of defenders. Klay and Dre will both defend Paul at times and you will have Green on him off the PNR.

IMO that the Clippers are a worse defensive team than last seasons team and the playoffs expose that weakness.

Well that's exactly what I'm hoping for and why I still have faith in the Warriors.

I don't think LAC's main defensive focus on Curry will be individual defenders. Their defensive plan will probably be to try to bother him by throwing multiple guys at him. So it's not much of a matter of individual defense, but power in numbers since they're hoping multiple guys jumping at Curry would be enough to bother him.

With that said, I'm not worried about their defense on Curry. Even if they threw guys at Curry, I'm still confident that it won't stop Curry from being aggressive with his offensive attacks.

The only thing I'm worried about is our interior defense. But like I said, I'm hoping that Lee cancels out Griffin and that we do a decent job limiting DeAndre.

Also, as a side note. I really feel like if we can steal one of the first two on the road, then Jordan Crawford could be a surprise X-Factor playing at home. He just seems like one of those wild players who would thrive greatly from the crazy energy that Oracle has during the Playoffs.

With Bogut out and Draymond in, we become a much more difficult team to defend as well. Throwing multiple guys at Steph means an open 3 pointer or dunk for someone else. Just have to hope the other guys are ready.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#26 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Bogut made Griffin a jump shooter and Jordan only relavent in the open floor.

The challenge for the Warriors is to minimize the open floor lop city stuff...and that is typically cause by bad offense...not defense.

Bottom Line: This playoff run will define David Lee's ultimate value for the Warriors. He missed the playoffs last year and we got to the second round and challenged Spurs.

He's here...without Bogut...so let's see what he can ADD to get us to the second round again.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#27 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Darren Collison scares me. Dude is a baller and very smart. I hope Stevie B offsets him.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#28 » by likashing » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:50 pm

Now is the chance for Jackson to back his claim, "We are a great defensive basketball team and he doesn't see Bogut playing 48 minutes for us."

I hope he is right. Truly.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#29 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm

I read Clipper post....saying Warriors don't stand a chance without Bogut. JUST want I want to hear.

This series is going to be crazy....The Wild card is that we just don't know what we are going to see from:

Klay
Barnes
Crawford

Warriors could win with big games from any two of these guys...but they are just so young and up and down. Klay could go for 40 or stink it up game to game....:(

Every close game is going to come down to CP vs Curry. That's at least even.

How sweet would it be if the Warriors came out and dominated the series....
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#30 » by LeonGenesis » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:56 pm

only way we beat Clippers by outscoring them with hot shooting games by everyone. Or some miracle with both CP3 and Griffin are out for the series LOL.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#31 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:40 pm

Onus wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:

With Bogut out and Draymond in, we become a much more difficult team to defend as well. Throwing multiple guys at Steph means an open 3 pointer or dunk for someone else. Just have to hope the other guys are ready.

Yeah, if Draymond and Klay are making shots it'll be even more difficult for them to defend us because now they can't double Curry.

One of the silver lining's here is that with Bogut out, Steph Curry will now be playing with a sense of urgency; Curry will be more assertive and aggressive with his shooting rather than being passive. Curry knows he's going to have to step up in order to make up for the lack of Bogut whereas if Bogut was healthy, Curry might take it a bit easy most of the time.

Basically my point is that Curry will be playing with a killer instinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#DubNation
Vanilla Man
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#32 » by Vanilla Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:23 am

Warriors have nothing to lose at this point. Hey, they suffered from misfortune. The Clippers on the other hand have everything to lose. Look at what happened to Denver last year when they came into the series cocky. Got they ass handed to them and lost their coach and Iguodala and look at where they are now. I'd much rather be in the Warriors shoes than the Clippers. A loss from LAC and their franchise would be destroyed. They'd never live it down, just like they never got over Memphis.

Man, just think when the Clippers start feeling the energy in Oracle. It's going to be 5 times as loud as it's been all year. It's going to be on another level. Once Curry starts draining 3's and you know it's going in every time, they ain't going to want NO PART of him! They will just start feeling the series slip away as the ball hits the back of the net, swish by swish. You see right now, they aren't thinking about those little things. But once they come into that hostile environment, oh my god, we will be one heck of a burden on them with absolutely nothing to lose. They will literally start to feel their being and soul start to diminish moment by moment.

I have faith Steph will rise to the opportunity. CP3 is a great player but the league has found it's best guard and the Human Torch Mode is better than CP3 ever was. He's going to learn that this series. He's failed in the playoffs and there is no reason why history can't repeat itself. This year Curry has more points, more threes, a higher field goal percentage, a higher 3 point percentage, a higher free throw percentage. He's averaging 5 more points a game than Paul. He's a much more dangerous player.

Like I said, LAC chokes under pressure. There is no pressure on the Warriors, only a lot of fun coming. LAC fans are in for a rude awakening and deep down know it. One thing I would hate knowing if I was an LAC fan is that even if they managed to win, GSW could still prove they are the better team.
napsDUBS
Junior
And1: 46

Post#33 » by napsDUBS » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:48 am

Amazing Curry wrote:Did anyone watch Bill and Jalen's playoff video on Grantland? There was one talking about Jackson being on the hot seat. I know it's Simmons but even he calls out Jackson on his isos.

Is this it??? [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hRqMsxoOHQ[/youtube]
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#34 » by Quazza » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:13 am

Flake to average 25-15, Jordan 12-18. We are going to get touched inappropriately inside

Team Splash needs to get lava hot
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#35 » by Vanilla Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:18 am

Quazza wrote:Flake to average 25-15, Jordan 12-18. We are going to get touched inappropriately inside

Curry is going to score 40 a game.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#36 » by Mylie10 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 am

Quazza wrote:Flake to average 25-15, Jordan 12-18. We are going to get touched inappropriately inside

If Steve Flake gets 25-15 and Jordan Crawford gets 12-18, then I have to disagree with you.....that would be quite welcome actually, and I think it would turn the series.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#37 » by Vanilla Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:22 am

Mylie10 wrote:

If Steve Flake gets 25-15 and Jordan Crawford gets 12-18, then I have to disagree with you.....that would be quite welcome actually, and I think it would turn the series.

Jordan Crawford > Old Jamal
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#38 » by Flash Falcon X » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:36 am

Yeah forget about Curry vs CP3.

All about J-Craw vs J-Craw.
#DubNation
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#39 » by Vanilla Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:40 am

Flash Falcon X wrote:Yeah forget about Curry vs CP3.

All about J-Craw vs J-Craw.

And it's the younger ones time. Jamal is 34 years old, coming off an injury, and was never great in the first place.
napsDUBS
Junior
And1: 46

Post#40 » by napsDUBS » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:09 am

Pretty cool video. Our rivalry between the Clippers. They really love each other. :wink:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrEj4q00MAQ[/youtube]

Return to Golden State Warriors