bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Re: Jarrett Jack will travel to California to watch GSW/LAC 

Post#22 » by bakesale » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:47 am

migya wrote:
bakesale wrote:
migya wrote:

Guy was a ballhog and took bad shots. He did have what was close to a career year for him last season and wouldn't duplicate that again.

He had a fair amount of assists and for the most part only scored when all other bases are covered. Mind you he was a legit 40% from 3s. So to me his shot selection was warranted when he was shooting it at a good clip.
And I see no reason why he couldn't have continued his form especially considering the chemistry here was excellent with him. He loved it here, fit in well and publicly said he wanted to be back.

I'm of the opinion that we should've tried to keep him but was too hellbent on getting a big name free agent.

Almost all his numbers were well higher than his career avgs across the board. His 3PT shooting was almost 5% better than on his career and his assists were over 1ast more a game, while playing just over 1min more a game than his career avg. Biggest thing was that you could see he did things out of the team flow in the game, especially in the playoffs against Denver I saw this. Ill-advised shots going into multiple defenders, the guy was somewhat out of control. Not what the team needs going forward.

I know his numbers were great with us and they were great because he was a great fit for this team.
A player plays better when he enjoys the team he's playing for. Simple concept I know, but it's true.
The fact that you too noticed that his 3pt shooting percentage was better than ever at around 40% proves that for the most part his shot selection wasn't bad.
He was creating shots that Klay couldn't create in times where Curry was being hounded. Is he the world's best pg? no, but he was tremendously good in the role we needed him for on our team.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#23 » by migya » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:28 am

bakesale wrote:
migya wrote:
bakesale wrote:
He had a fair amount of assists and for the most part only scored when all other bases are covered. Mind you he was a legit 40% from 3s. So to me his shot selection was warranted when he was shooting it at a good clip.
And I see no reason why he couldn't have continued his form especially considering the chemistry here was excellent with him. He loved it here, fit in well and publicly said he wanted to be back.

I'm of the opinion that we should've tried to keep him but was too hellbent on getting a big name free agent.

Almost all his numbers were well higher than his career avgs across the board. His 3PT shooting was almost 5% better than on his career and his assists were over 1ast more a game, while playing just over 1min more a game than his career avg. Biggest thing was that you could see he did things out of the team flow in the game, especially in the playoffs against Denver I saw this. Ill-advised shots going into multiple defenders, the guy was somewhat out of control. Not what the team needs going forward.

I know his numbers were great with us and they were great because he was a great fit for this team.
A player plays better when he enjoys the team he's playing for. Simple concept I know, but it's true.
The fact that you too noticed that his 3pt shooting percentage was better than ever at around 40% proves that for the most part his shot selection wasn't bad.
He was creating shots that Klay couldn't create in times where Curry was being hounded. Is he the world's best pg? no, but he was tremendously good in the role we needed him for on our team.

His shooting at a higher 3pt% is more indicative of a rare season that likely won't be repeated. He needed the ball too much and would take away from other players.
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

Post#24 » by TaylorMonkey » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:16 am

migya wrote:
bakesale wrote:
migya wrote:

His shooting at a higher 3pt% is more indicative of a rare season that likely won't be repeated. He needed the ball too much and would take away from other players.

Actually it was probably indicative of playing next to Curry.

Everyone shoots better playing next to Curry.
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#25 » by Golden Angel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:16 am

@sam_amick
Jarrett Jack in the house for this one, sitting five rows up & watching his former Warriors teammates in action.

@ThompsonScribe
Bob Myers sitting/chatting with Jarrett Jack

‏@ThompsonScribe 14h
Jarrett Jack said he will be at Game 2 and Game 3 in Oakland #HeMissesYall

:)
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
FNQ