8. Chris Paul
9. Kyrie Irving
10. James Harden
11. Blake Griffin
12. Russell Westbrook
13. Rajon Rondo
14. Tim Duncan
15. Paul George

The rankings are based on sales via NBAStore.com since the start of the season.

But yeah, I remember before the All-Star game voting and stuff like that, I remember being extremely surprised that Curry was so high in jersey sales. I'm so accustomed to GSW players getting slept on all the time.

And then Curry had the most guard votes in the West and started the All-Star game, and now he's top 5 in jersey sales.

He's really reaching that superstar popularity. These type of high popularity rankings are starting to be more common with him now.

Weird to see him in the Top 5 jersey sales because that means that a bunch of casual fans love us now. Used to be back in the day that if someone had on a Warriors jersey, you knew they were a diehard fan because why else would they publicly want to embarrass themselves by showing they root for a crappy team? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#DubNation
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Re: Top 5 NBA Jerseys (Curry #5) 

Post#2 » by 510TWSS » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Cool. Just imagine if we had good looking jerseys. =)

Warriors should go back to those. I just prefer the name across the chest than the shield and bridge with microscopic "Golden State Warriors". Might as well just rename us then to the San Francisco Warriors of Oakland.
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Post#3 » by Jester_ » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:11 pm

^ Yuck

Funny seeing Rose still at #4
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,453

Post#4 » by whocurrz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:29 pm

510TWSS wrote:Cool. Just imagine if we had good looking jerseys. =)

Warriors should go back to those. I just prefer the name across the chest than the shield and bridge with microscopic "Golden State Warriors". Might as well just rename us then to the San Francisco Warriors of Oakland.

Anyone know if there are Curry jerseys available in the white 90s jersey that just says warriors across the front?

At least our current jerseys are better than the previous ones btw
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#5 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:59 pm

510TWSS wrote:Cool. Just imagine if we had good looking jerseys. =)

Despite the flaws I still think the Warriors have one of the best and most unique jerseys in the league.

No other team has some type of logo on the front of the jerseys. I love how we have that because it's kind of superhero-esque like how Superman has an S on his chest and all other superheroes have some type of emblem/crest/logo on the chest.

I do agree that the text is way too small, though.

Warriors did it perfectly with "The City" jerseys because it had the circular design, but you can see where it says "The City" perfectly fine.

Another thing they did better with The City jerseys is that the circular design inside is not filled in. It's mainly just an outline of a circle with a drawing of the bridge, whereas with our current jerseys they fill the whole circle up with color. It looks decent on the home jerseys, but on the road jerseys, seeing all that yellow in the middle looks too dense.

Having an outline of a circle is better because it adds a lightweight, simplistic look which adds a "classic" throwback feel as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#DubNation
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#6 » by Kuya » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:53 pm

We have the best jersey in the league

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
boateng
Banned User
And1: 245

Post#7 » by boateng » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:18 pm

Rose is hella marketable

he had best selling jersey in europe as well last year
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#8 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:07 pm

boateng wrote:Rose is hella marketable

Yeah, very flashy player when he was healthy. Won the MVP award at such a young age.

I love how the Rose jersey looks, too. Everything just looks simple. 4 letters, #1, classic red/black colorway.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#9 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Updated my first post with the official Top 15 list.

Some thoughts:

- Back in December, Carmelo was #5 and Curry was #6. Cool to see Curry actually being more popular in jersey sales than Carmelo despite Melo being a well known All-Star and also playing in a bigger market in New York.

- Curry more jersey sales than CP3, Westbrook, Griffin is interesting.

- Paul George at #15 is kinda surprising. Lots of people had him as a Top 5 player for a while.
#DubNation
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#10 » by 510TWSS » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Last jersey I wanted was the all black LeBron Heat jersey the first year he was with them and assumed the "villian" role of him vs the world. That's when it would've been cool to rock his jersey as his hater group was at an all time high. Yet, he was still the best player in the league.
boateng
Banned User

Post#11 » by boateng » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:

Yeah, very flashy player when he was healthy. Won the MVP award at such a young age.

I love how the Rose jersey looks, too. Everything just looks simple. 4 letters, #1, classic red/black colorway.

Yeah bulls are obviously very well known world wide because of the goat who is an icon and happened to play for them! That helps sell Rose jerseys as well.

Surprise Howard isn't on the list, shows how much he has fallen popularity wise.

Curry has deffo become more popular though.
boateng
Banned User

Post#12 » by boateng » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:46 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:Updated my first post with the official Top 15 list.

Some thoughts:

- Back in December, Carmelo was #5 and Curry was #6. Cool to see Curry actually being more popular in jersey sales than Carmelo despite Melo being a well known All-Star and also playing in a bigger market in New York.

- Paul George at #15 is kinda surprising. Lots of people had him as a Top 5 player for a while.

Guards sell more jerseys imo. Also are Indiana big on basketball?

CP3 bemuses me. He never seems to be ranked high on these lists despite the fact he is a top 5 player, a PG and plays in a big market. Maybe its his style?
Explosive players like Rose, Iversen appeal to fans more?
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#13 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:47 pm

boateng wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:

Yeah bulls are obviously very well known world wide because of the goat who is an icon and happened to play for them! That helps sell Rose jerseys as well.

Yeah, that's why I said "classic" red/black colorway. Michael Jordan made that jersey look so nice for years to come. Seeing the name "Rose" on the back is like a new generation type of thing.
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager

Post#14 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:51 pm

boateng wrote:

Some thoughts:

CP3 bemuses me. He never seems to be ranked high on these lists despite the fact he is a top 5 player, a PG and plays in a big market. Maybe its his style?

Paul George is kinda weird because he's so good and athletic, but for some reason he's not that marketable. Probably an Indiana thing. I'm sure if PG played for the Lakers or Knicks he might be more popular.

And yeah I agree CP3 being somewhat low is surprising. Maybe he doesn't have many "spectacular" performances? He's more of a passer and the assists get overlooked I guess. Fans get more hyped from scoring.
#DubNation
boateng
Banned User

Post#15 » by boateng » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
boateng wrote:

Some thoughts:

Paul George is kinda weird because he's so good and athletic, but for some reason he's not that marketable. Probably an Indiana thing. I'm sure if PG played for the Lakers or Knicks he might be more popular.

And yeah I agree CP3 being somewhat low is surprising. Maybe he doesn't have many "spectacular" performances? He's more of a passer and the assists get overlooked I guess. Fans get more hyped from scoring.

I can see why Curry is popular

its great watching him drain 3's lol. Best player to watch when on form!

Return to Golden State Warriors