Shaq says loss of Bogut doesn't really hurt Warriors

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Vanilla Man
Banned User
And1: 35

Shaq says loss of Bogut doesn't really hurt Warriors 

Post#1 » by Vanilla Man » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gELcHgjvc8o

And that WCW will be a bad match up for Griffin. I'm digging it, I'm digging it! Brent Barry too is an advocate!

And Shaq says ''If the Splash Brothers get hot 4 or 5 games in a row.'' (whistled twice)

I can't wait!
Dasein
Senior
And1: 447

Re: Shaq says loss of Bogut doesn't really hurt Warriors 

Post#2 » by Dasein » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:27 am

his reasoning is that deandre can't score but i dont think thats a good argument. Bogut is still our rim protector. He makes it difficult for the other team to drive to the basket because he changes shots and blocks shots. And his rebounding is important also.
HomegrownRebel wrote: I'd rather have John Wall, Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Nene, and Paul Pierce than the Warriors team. And you can keep thinking Durant would come there. Very doubtful. He loves his hometown and area. Why would he want to live closer to fruitcakes?
AliG1488
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#3 » by AliG1488 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:05 am

Yea except for the fact that Bogut would be on Blake & do a terrific job on him
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#4 » by migya » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:08 am

Many of these former star players that work as somewhat clown analysts aren't to be taken seriously.

The team's chances hinge on playing together like they have most of the season.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#5 » by Quazza » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:11 am

Shaq watches marquee ESPN games. He probably hasn't seen Bogut play in years
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#6 » by blazza18 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:26 am

To be blunt. Shaq is a **** idiot.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#7 » by bakesale » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:40 am

Vanilla Man wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gELcHgjvc8o

And that WCW will be a bad match up for Griffin. I'm digging it, I'm digging it! Brent Barry too is an advocate!

And Shaq says ''If the Splash Brothers get hot 4 or 5 games in a row.'' (whistled twice)

I can't wait!

I don't think shaq realises that cp and griffin will finish at the rim all day with no rim protector. Even if we do scramble back a bit against these guys they'll find their open shooters and it'll be good night for the warriors. Oh and if those shooters miss, lee hasn't got a chance in hell at boxing out dj. He got owned by him last game.
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#8 » by Vanilla Man » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 am

bakesale wrote:

I can't wait!

I don't think shaq realises that cp and griffin will finish at the rim all day with no rim protector. Even if we do scramble back a bit against these guys they'll find their open shooters and it'll be good night for the warriors. Oh and if those shooters miss, lee hasn't got a chance in hell at boxing out dj. He got owned by him last game.

Just put Speights out there. He can slap paul around a bit. He can get in Griffin's head, just like how he got Chandler ejected. Remember Paul is soft and like barkley said that's the problem with the clippers, their toughest player is only 5 foot 2.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#9 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:06 pm

I mentioned this in your other thread already.

Steve Smith, Brent Barry and Shaq all think that Golden State still has a chance.
#DubNation
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#10 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:32 pm

We do have a chance, and it should be a really entertaining series. But to say that losing Bogut doesn't really hurt us is just silly. I thought it was a real tossup before the Bogut injury. With Bogut hurt, I think we're definitely underdogs, but it could happen. We'll find out soon enough.

Shaq is an idiot, but he's often a really entertaining idiot heh

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#11 » by old rem » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:52 pm

Vanilla Man wrote:
bakesale wrote:

I can't wait!

Just put Speights out there. He can slap paul around a bit. He can get in Griffin's head, just like how he got Chandler ejected. Remember Paul is soft and like barkley said that's the problem with the clippers, their toughest player is only 5 foot 2.

Speights can make an impact. He's able to shoot 15-20 ft..pull Jordan out of his comfort zone.
JO and Dray cann D...will have a tough time with Blake ,but who doesn't? Obviously...we need our scorers to score. Ideally.. some other guys step up. Whether it's Iggy,Barnes,Green,JO,Speights, Crawford.... we have guys who SOMETIMES are productive. We can't assume Curry + Klay combine for 60.
CENSORED... No comment.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#12 » by East Bay Sports » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:23 pm

Losing Bogut hurts, but just like losing Lee last year and Barnes stepping up, this allows for us to present a different look than the Clippers otherwise would have anticipated if we were at full strength. Starting Draymond could wind up being a massive blessing in disguise IMO.
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#13 » by Vanilla Man » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:25 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Losing Bogut hurts, but just like losing Lee last year and Barnes stepping up, this allows for us to present a different look than the Clippers otherwise would have anticipated if we were at full strength. Starting Draymond could wind up being a massive blessing in disguise IMO.

Exactly. Clippers suck.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#14 » by Flash Falcon X » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:36 pm

old rem wrote:Speights can make an impact. He's able to shoot 15-20 ft..pull Jordan out of his comfort zone.
JO and Dray cann D...will have a tough time with Blake ,but who doesn't? Obviously...we need our scorers to score. Ideally.. some other guys step up. Whether it's Iggy,Barnes,Green,JO,Speights, Crawford.... we have guys who SOMETIMES are productive. We can't assume Curry + Klay combine for 60.

Speights is bipolar.

He really sucks, but there are games where he's really decent. You just gotta hope he has games where he's decent. We don't really need to rely on him much to win games, but if he has a good game it's a bonus.

The bright side about Speights is that he's never reluctant to shoot. His confidence stays high. In the Playoffs, that may pay off because he won't get too nervous to try to make an impact. If he makes a shot, he'll start feeling super confident and it'll elevate his game a little bit. Little things like that help lead to huge runs because it gets the rest of the team excited, too.
#DubNation
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#15 » by Vanilla Man » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:37 pm

We going to win this Falcon
GoldenState-
Sophomore
And1: 63

Post#16 » by GoldenState- » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Don't Shaq have a PhD (Pretty Huge D***)? AND he's a sherif? What an incredible person he is. Whatever Shaq, the incredible person, says he gotta be right and everyone needs to listen to him
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#17 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:53 pm

It's their job to make the games more interesting. A lot of people wrote the Warriors off as soon as they heard Bogut was out. Now it's their job to convince people the Warriors still have a chance so the NBA can get the highest ratings possible.

Also, shows like typically have people that take opposing views for the sake of having opposing views. I'm sure they believe a lot of what they say, but it's mainly for entertainment purposes.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Vanilla Man
Banned User

Post#18 » by Vanilla Man » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 pm

GoldenState- wrote:Don't Shaq have a PhD (Pretty Huge D***)? AND he's a sherif? What an incredible person he is. Whatever Shaq, the incredible person, says he gotta be right and everyone needs to listen to him

I believe him. There isn't anything that Shaq says I don't take serious. I mean he gave Lee the WCW nickname. Shaq is an all time great, he's won 5 rings, and if he's that impressed with the Warriors, we must be special.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#19 » by HiRez » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:26 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:It's their job to make the games more interesting. A lot of people wrote the Warriors off as soon as they heard Bogut was out. Now it's their job to convince people the Warriors still have a chance so the NBA can get the highest ratings possible.

Exactly. Just like Vegas oddsmakers try to get the maximum amount of people betting on both sides, they have to create the illusion of a close matchup. Shaq is no fool, he knows the media game. It's not completely made up though because while a certain outcome may be likely, you just never know what will happen, right? These two teams are a lot closer (even without Bogut) than some other matchups we'll see in the playoffs. I do expect the Warriors will lose, but I definitely think they have the ability to rise to the occasion and shock LAC as well. Clippers are a good team but hey aint the Spurs, folks.
thizznation
Starter
And1: 778

Post#20 » by thizznation » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 pm

shaq is just hating

Return to Golden State Warriors