ImageImageImageImageImage

Game #1 GSW(My Hittas) vs Clips(Good Kid M.A.A.D Floppin)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

DIO
Pro Prospect
And1: 180

Re: Game #1 GSW(My Hittas) vs Clips(Good Kid M.A.A.D Floppin 

Post#681 » by DIO » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:13 am

:lol: :lol:
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#682 » by and1GS » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:34 am

A ton of thoughts on this game, thought I'd bullet them out.

1) HUGE win with a lot of heart and teamwork. IMO this is another Klay Thompson win. You can't shut down superstars in basketball, you need to try and slow them down and force them into near impossible situations. Could Klay have done better? Ya, but why nitpick? He once again long dicked all you haters calling him Klank. He's probably **** your chick now too, so stop the hating and just appreciate this impressive 2-way player we have. I could go on and on about Klay, but he really has impressed me this year with his dedication toward improvement. 3/12 for CP3 while getting tea bagged by Klay. Yeesh.

2) If Blake played his usual minutes, we likely lose.

3) **** the clippers and especially CP3. What a crybaby, it's like watching vintage Stephen Jackson out there.

4) you either let DeAndre score, or are Draymond or taller and absolutely clobber him.

5) Doc got out coached. He didn't play DeAndre in pivotal moments and didn't force us to go big. He didn't gamble with Blake in foul trouble and was lax on resting CP3 in the 4th. Jordan was killing us, but whenever it mattered Doc kept him out for fear of him going to the line.

6) Lee...man. Way to stick with it, great finish.

7) we miss Bogut but Doc's tactics play into our hand.

8) If Blake isn't hitting, Chris isn't shooting and Reddick is forced to shoot off the dribble that offense turns stagnant. There will be one game where Jamal goes ape, but they look lackluster on O.

9) Iggy going out didn't hurt us a ton, but having him on Reddick would've helped. To be fair he wasn't very good on D while in.

Let's grab game 2 boys! GO DUBS!!!
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Rob Rowell
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Post#683 » by Rob Rowell » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:41 am

DIO wrote:Image
:lol: :lol:

wow Lacob show some control. Even in a big time win like this Jackson takes heat gtfo. Jackson made great adjustments and made great rotations every move was perfect.
brycey
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Post#684 » by brycey » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:45 am

wild game
Ball so hard Mfers wanna fine me
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#685 » by and1GS » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:46 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Go to plays of the game...tick tac toe passing from Lee to Green to ONeal. Any time Clips double Curry and he swings it to Lee....Warriors are playing 3 on 2 basket ball. If they can continue to punshi Clips with that...Clips will have to lay off doubling Curry ;)

After that Lee Green O'Neal play my jaw dropped to the ground. The touch passing for that 5 minute stretch was so textbook I forgot they were doing it around pro players. Using Klay as a decoy twice was genius as well - exploited the Clippers lack of composure.

Most bizarre play of the past year for me...Armstrongs beautiful finesse drop pass to Mo Speights for the hammer. Made me say what the **** just happened ha
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#686 » by FaTaL » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:35 am

great game by barnes and oneal
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#687 » by GS Warriors 1 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:47 am

That was lovely offense in the 3rd, it was just frustrating to see it stagnate in the 4th and the Clips get back in it.

Lee and O'Neal were non-factors in the first half but they made up for it in the 2nd half big time. Green and Barnes off the bench were huge, the block and 3 by Barnes was the biggest play of the game.

The Warriors really needed this game badly given how it played out, damn near impossible we are going to see Griffin play just 20 minutes again in this series.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#688 » by Mylie10 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:51 am

Ganji wrote:not a big shocker that warriors did not show up for play offs.... hope they get rid of Lee, Bogut, Jackson and Barnes and build a proper team next year...

I read whole game threads just to pick gems like on ice cold gold.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#689 » by bakesale » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:53 am

LeonGenesis wrote:And I pray Blake gets an ending career injury for that splash water on the Warriors fan. :) I hope that fan sued his ass. That fan should have jumped over and confronted him...

You would sue someone for splashing you with water? Oh c'mon America, enough with the suing over stupid things.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#690 » by HiRez » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:01 am

Considering we were missing Bogut, Iguodala fouled out, 21 turnovers, and we got a real crap game from Curry...no legitimate way to complain about the win, amazing.

What I worry about in Game 2 is the foul situation. I guarantee you the refs are getting pressure from all over, most especially from the league office, to swallow their whistles when it comes to Griffin and Paul in the next game. No way will they put up with having superstars relegated to the sidelines for the majority of these high profile games. So look out. Griffin is going to bull-rush his way wherever he wants to in the next game, and they aren't going to call those fouls on him.

But in general going forward will have to be more of what we saw in Game 1: getting contributions from everyone on the team top to bottom, that's the only way we can win this. LAC may have more stars, but I'm not sure they have enough hungry, desperate guys up and down the lineup. Team sport, yo. And as predicted, they still don't have a shred of toughness, which for the first time in decades, the Warriors do.

I hope the league fines Griffin for that dick move with the water. No, no one got hurt, but you're not supposed to be doing that crap to fans who are paying big money to watch your product. As if I needed another reason to loathe his wussyass mug.
uteptwostep
Lead Assistant
And1: 56

Post#691 » by uteptwostep » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:34 am

"It ain't no shock." Loved that.

Hoping this was just like the game ones vs Denver and the Spurs last year, where W's showed they could outplay a higher seed on the road and then gave up a sizable lead, except this year they held on for the win.

Now hoping for a repeat of last year's game twos on Monday, i.e. Steph and Klay raining threes and blowing out the home team.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#692 » by Flash Falcon X » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:54 am

Lol, Clippers fans are probably thinking that they'll start winning future games in the series when Blake Griffin doesn't foul out.

YET, Andre Iguodala who's our best perimeter defender fouled out this game as well and had early foul trouble, Steph Curry only scored 14 POINTS, the Warriors had like 27 turnovers.

Any team can make excuses.

It's gonna be fun seeing the Warriors beat the Clippers in Game 2 with Blake Griffin playing the whole game. What's the next excuse going to be?
#DubNation
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#693 » by donkeylips » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:35 am

Anyone know where i can find the snapback i believe joe lacobs wife was wearing? I didnt feel like creating a seperate thread for it. Thanks
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,561

Post#694 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:39 am

bakesale wrote:
LeonGenesis wrote:And I pray Blake gets an ending career injury for that splash water on the Warriors fan. :) I hope that fan sued his ass. That fan should have jumped over and confronted him...

You would sue someone for splashing you with water? Oh c'mon America, enough with the suing over stupid things.

Suing him seems over the top, but the league should do something. Professional sports have been trying to send a clear (and correct) message that fans can't become a part of the game. You can't run on the court, you can't touch players, etc. etc. Which is all well and good, but when a player does something like this, then action needs to be taken to preserve that balance. You can't let players do stuff to fans and then hope to punish fans who do anything in response. And especially in basketball where fans are SO close to the action, it is really important to preserve that fine line. The fan seemed to take it well, and it ended up just being another fun point in a fun game for Warriors fans. But a different fan might have gone all Ron Artest on him, and while it might have been an overreaction, Blake would have been the one who started the confrontation.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#695 » by GSWBlooded93 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:52 am

Kuya wrote:Blake seriously deserves at least a fine for that

NBA needs to take care of and protect it's fans. Imagine if he was on his cell phone and it got splashed on.

I think Staples Center whoever was working came over and gave the guy a towel, so that was nice at least.
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#696 » by Golden Angel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:17 am

We don't care what the data says, the data is our b*tch!!! :)
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
GSWBlooded93
Junior
And1: 88

Post#697 » by GSWBlooded93 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:33 am

Watching the beginning of the game since I didn't get to see it earlier, but wow the look of the beginning of the game was hella discouraging, glad we got back though. The first half and the second half was like night and day.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#698 » by HiRez » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 am

They gave up 105 points so I don't want to hear anyone saying we played great D, although they came up big in some individual situations. They need to be able to close on their 3 point shooters faster, I guarantee you Jordan Crawford is not going to go 2-11 again.

Curry needs to stop trying to give help inside, 3-5 feet from the hoop, while leaving guys like Redick, Crawford, and Paul wide open on the 3 point line 15+ feet away from him. Yeah, every once in a while he is going to get a steal in there but more often than that it's going to lead to wide open 3s, a reach-in foul, or an injury (imagine Curry getting sandwiched between 2 bigs like Bogut did when his rib got cracked). Those aren't good tradeoffs, especially where Curry is concerned.
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#699 » by Golden Angel » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:22 am

The Warriors were 23-3 in the regular season when Curry scored under 20. Counting this game, they are now 24-3 in that scenario.
Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#700 » by migya » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 pm

HiRez wrote:Considering we were missing Bogut, Iguodala fouled out, 21 turnovers, and we got a real crap game from Curry...no legitimate way to complain about the win, amazing.

What I worry about in Game 2 is the foul situation. I guarantee you the refs are getting pressure from all over, most especially from the league office, to swallow their whistles when it comes to Griffin and Paul in the next game. No way will they put up with having superstars relegated to the sidelines for the majority of these high profile games. So look out. Griffin is going to bull-rush his way wherever he wants to in the next game, and they aren't going to call those fouls on him.

But in general going forward will have to be more of what we saw in Game 1: getting contributions from everyone on the team top to bottom, that's the only way we can win this. LAC may have more stars, but I'm not sure they have enough hungry, desperate guys up and down the lineup. Team sport, yo. And as predicted, they still don't have a shred of toughness, which for the first time in decades, the Warriors do.

I hope the league fines Griffin for that dick move with the water. No, no one got hurt, but you're not supposed to be doing that crap to fans who are paying big money to watch your product. As if I needed another reason to loathe his wussyass mug.

Yea, the team didn't play that clean either, quite sloppy actually and should improve on that, both teams actually.

Wonder what will be said about Doc if Clips lose this series. It looked like MJackson was the one with his job on the line, but it could well be reversed if the team wins the series. These Clips look no better than they were last season so far with their performance in the playoffs, though it is still early.

Return to Golden State Warriors