ImageImageImageImageImage

Klay Thomson Post Ups

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Dasein
Senior
And1: 447

Klay Thomson Post Ups 

Post#1 » by Dasein » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:27 pm

Mark Jackson nearly lost the Warriors game 1 with his Klay Thomson post ups. I understand he likes to exploit match ups but posting up Klay thomson on almost every possession in the 4th quarter is hurting our team on offense and that is why we gave up that 11 point lead. It takes the ball out of Curry's hands, it ruins our ball movement, and it takes away the Curry and Lee pick and roll which is very effective for us. Curry was almost nonexistent in the final quarter because of the Thomson post ups.
HomegrownRebel wrote: I'd rather have John Wall, Bradley Beal, Marcin Gortat, Nene, and Paul Pierce than the Warriors team. And you can keep thinking Durant would come there. Very doubtful. He loves his hometown and area. Why would he want to live closer to fruitcakes?
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Re: Klay Thomson Post Ups 

Post#2 » by Onus » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:32 pm

Looks like Doc is going to force anyone but Curry to beat LAC. Doubling and trapping every pick and roll with Curry or switching and letting mismatches go to Klay, Iguodala, Barnes.

Gotta hope the rest the team continues to step up. Huge win!
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#3 » by migya » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:36 am

Any reason why Klay can't replace Curry in the pick and roll a bit. I think having Klay and Jermaine in a pick and roll at times could be a good move and throw the Clips off.
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#4 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:44 am

migya wrote:Any reason why Klay can't replace Curry in the pick and roll a bit. I think having Klay and Jermaine in a pick and roll at times could be a good move and throw the Clips off.

Klay can't face up against Paul, he'll lose the ball 20% of the time.

I like the post ups. Make Paul work, and make the Clippers pay for guarding Curry with a big guy.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#5 » by migya » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:51 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
migya wrote:Any reason why Klay can't replace Curry in the pick and roll a bit. I think having Klay and Jermaine in a pick and roll at times could be a good move and throw the Clips off.

Klay can't face up against Paul, he'll lose the ball 20% of the time.

I like the post ups. Make Paul work, and make the Clippers pay for guarding Curry with a big guy.

Klay using his huge height advantage against CP is a good move, but with postups, the Clips will send double teams at him and likely he'll get TOs. Ball movement is the best way to go for the team, not just with pick and rolls but with the type of passing in Game 1, even between bigs. We want to use the double team against them, especially Griffin if he starts scoring alot on the inside. Ball movement will also open up outside shots for the team.

Return to Golden State Warriors