''Blake 100 percent meant to throw the water'' -GSW Fan

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Re: ''Blake 100 percent meant to throw the water'' -GSW Fan 

Post#21 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 am

10 games is of course ridiculous, but I'm actually a little surprised the league didn't send some sort of message. While I'd like to take it lightly and just say, "Eh, what's a cup of water?", I'd worry about the precedent it sets. If you want to stand firm that fans just can't mess with players (which is a good plan), then you can't very well let players mess with fans. I'm glad this particular fan took it lightly, had a laugh, and didn't flip out. But lots of fans wouldn't have taken it that way. Suppose one of the posters here had been that guy and had indeed responded by throwing a beer on him. It would have seemed more than fair in any real-world sense, but imagine what would have happened next.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
uteptwostep
Lead Assistant
And1: 56

Post#22 » by uteptwostep » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 am

Yeah, I expected the league to give him a small symbolic fine. Basically saying "It was funny, but don't do it again."
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#23 » by kylem4711 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 am

Chris Porter's Hair wrote:10 games is of course ridiculous, but I'm actually a little surprised the league didn't send some sort of message. While I'd like to take it lightly and just say, "Eh, what's a cup of water?", I'd worry about the precedent it sets. If you want to stand firm that fans just can't mess with players (which is a good plan), then you can't very well let players mess with fans. I'm glad this particular fan took it lightly, had a laugh, and didn't flip out. But lots of fans wouldn't have taken it that way. Suppose one of the posters here had been that guy and had indeed responded by throwing a beer on him. It would have seemed more than fair in any real-world sense, but imagine what would have happened next.

I would be in agreement with everything you said if Blake looked at the guy and then poured the water on him. I just can't get past that he didn't look at the guy.

I think Blake meant to do it, but it just can't be proven. A small fine makes sense, but nothing more than that to me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using RealGM Forums mobile app
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#24 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:31 am

Vanilla Man wrote:
kylem4711 wrote:No fine, no suspension, and really funny. Blake wins

You are coming off like a real douche. shows u how classless you really are.

Looooooooool says this guy
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#25 » by mttwlsn16 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:32 am

Vanilla Man wrote:
Plossum wrote:Who really cares? It was a cup of water. Enjoy your 15 seconds abd get on with life.

Sent from my HTC_PO582 using RealGM Forums mobile app

No, Blake should be punished. Even if not for this series, for a minimum of 10 games next year.

:lol:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#26 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:47 am

kylem4711 wrote:
Chris Porter's Hair wrote:10 games is of course ridiculous, but I'm actually a little surprised the league didn't send some sort of message. While I'd like to take it lightly and just say, "Eh, what's a cup of water?", I'd worry about the precedent it sets. If you want to stand firm that fans just can't mess with players (which is a good plan), then you can't very well let players mess with fans. I'm glad this particular fan took it lightly, had a laugh, and didn't flip out. But lots of fans wouldn't have taken it that way. Suppose one of the posters here had been that guy and had indeed responded by throwing a beer on him. It would have seemed more than fair in any real-world sense, but imagine what would have happened next.

I would be in agreement with everything you said if Blake looked at the guy and then poured the water on him. I just can't get past that he didn't look at the guy.

I think Blake meant to do it, but it just can't be proven. A small fine makes sense, but nothing more than that to me.

Doesn't need to be proven....this ain't a court of law....the league can define what is right or wrong for their own image and then Griffin could appeal if he felt it was out of line.

I think Griffin did it on purpose, but of course he would never admit it.....and the reason I think he did it on purpose is because earlier in the game you can see those two fans giving Griffin the business.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
kylem4711
Sixth Man
And1: 518

Post#27 » by kylem4711 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:55 am

Mylie10 wrote:
kylem4711 wrote:

Doesn't need to be proven....this ain't a court of law....the league can define what is right or wrong for their own image and then Griffin could appeal if he felt it was out of line.

I think Griffin did it on purpose, but of course he would never admit it.....and the reason I think he did it on purpose is because earlier in the game you can see those two fans giving Griffin the business.

The league hasn't said anything though so I guess they also think it's a non issue... ?

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#28 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:02 am

Yep.....but the league also hasn't done anything to the league's worst offenders of the flops.....mainly the seven minute video of Lebrons flopping, Paul's constant flailing and jumping into players......Hardens constant flopping....and the fact that Griffin is constantly faking his way into conflict.

You stated proof......I was commenting on that.

If you don't think your boy is guilty of the constant parade of dubious behavior, then whatever.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Vanilla Man
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#29 » by Vanilla Man » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:00 am

kylem4711 wrote:
10 games? Use your head from time to time

It's not good etiquette. It's unprofessional.
Vanilla Man
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#30 » by Vanilla Man » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:02 am

kylem4711 wrote:

Then that means it's okay for athletes to do what they want as long as they ''act'' like they didn't know. It makes no difference that Blake didn't look at him.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#31 » by Coxy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:29 am

Of course Blake meant it. When was the last time you were in public and just threw a glass or cup full of water over your shoulder because you were shocked by something? (Not counting the other night at the pub). Your always aware of a full cup of liquid in your hand, it's human nature.

Should have gotten a 1 game suspension.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#32 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Lacob should get someone to swap seats will Meldman so he can be right behind the Clipper bench tonight ... and spill scalding hot nacho sauce all over them.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,567

Post#33 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:44 pm

kylem4711 wrote:

Sure. My position was based on the assumption that he meant to do it, which I believe he did. If the league was less convinced, then they wouldn't be as inclined to act. If we are going to microanalyze, even if Blake didn't mean to throw water on the guy, he then proceeded to throw the cup, and even if you accidentally threw water on someone in that fashion, wouldn't you realize it and turn to say, "Oh, crap, dude. My bad."? Wouldn't you realize it once he was out of his seat saying his version of, "WTF, dude?"

And as I'm frequently pointing out here, we aren't privy to everything that happens. I suppose it is possible the league did talk to him. "Blake, look. I know you were (frustrated, joking, whatever). But you really can't do that. Don't do it again; next time there will be consequences." If they think it was intentional, I would have expected a stronger response than such a private communication, but even that would be better than nothing, and we wouldn't necessarily know if it happened.

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#34 » by Mylie10 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:46 pm

Will Meldmen interview: "100% on purpose"

http://www.warriorsworld.net/2014/04/23 ... e-podcast/
Khoee wrote “
Adonalmao
Bench Warmer
And1: 10

Post#35 » by Adonalmao » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Ban vanilla man please. He's ruined this site

Return to Golden State Warriors