RealGM
And1: 3,743

Re: Fire Greg Popovich! 

Post#21 » by azwfan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:47 pm

zhenyasj wrote:
Dasein wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
Are you friggin serious?

First of all its a joke thread....sometimes we do that around here....the fact that you'd put any validity to saying Popovich should be fired is scary.

The point is that Jackson had little to do with every guy on the Clippers hitting just about every shot they took....you can play the best defense in the world and a guy might still hit the shot...so should the coach be to blame if his team isn't having a good night and the other team is striping everything they put up?

Jackson tried everything he could the other night, but it was one of those things. He can't force his team to play harder...he can suggest and prod and coach it up, but ultimately its the players on both sides who decide these things...especially when the game is a blow out. If Jackson m,ade a coaching blunder late in the game to lose it, then ok. Like last years Spurs game 1 melt down, I could see Jackson getting torched for not slowing that down with time outs.

Ultimately the players are responsible for what ACTUALLY happens on the floor. Last time I checked Jackson hasn't shot the ball, dribbled the ball, or D'd anyone up in quite some time in an actual game.

I will say it maddens me that Jackson doesn't get T'd up on occasion....the last game he should have got thrown out...when Steph finally hucked his mouth piece it would have been a perfect time for Jackson to storm the court and get in some referee faces. Sadly that's not his MO, but I think from time to time it needs to happen.

And by the way...curry was a little puss in the first half....he was throwing the ball away and being timid. Props to him for getting it going albeit to late, but at least he found his pulse.

Obviously its a joke thread, its just not funny because fans have been wanting Jackson fired way before the last game we played

By fans you mean few posters on this forum who think they know what it takes to win in the NBA? I really hope that front office doesn't listen to fans when it comes to personnel decisions.

BTW, Pop didn't start winning championships until he got Duncan as well as two other future hall of famers. He also "cost" Spurs a championship last year by taking Duncan out when it mattered most. He's a great coach, no doubt, but let's not pretend that he's the reason why Spurs are winning.

I'm really confused. Is this sarcasm?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,237

Post#22 » by Onus » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Jackson tried everything he could the other night, but it was one of those things. He can't force his team to play harder...he can suggest and prod and coach it up, but ultimately its the players on both sides who decide these things...especially when the game is a blow out. If Jackson m,ade a coaching blunder late in the game to lose it, then ok. Like last years Spurs game 1 melt down, I could see Jackson getting torched for not slowing that down with time outs.

I will say it maddens me that Jackson doesn't get T'd up on occasion....the last game he should have got thrown out...when Steph finally hucked his mouth piece it would have been a perfect time for Jackson to storm the court and get in some referee faces. Sadly that's not his MO, but I think from time to time it needs to happen.

And by the way...curry was a little puss in the first half....he was throwing the ball away and being timid. Props to him for getting it going albeit to late, but at least he found his pulse.

The first paragraph is what makes me not like Jackson. He's unprepared for situations. He tried just about everything the other night, he tried new lineups, new rotations, new guys. My problem is that he has no clue what's going to work because he's never tried any of those things before in the 82 game preparation. His lack of preparation, his nonchalant attitude towards prep work and overrating of prep work (game film, staying up late talking about adjustments) is concerning to say the least. He doesn't believe in outworking the opposition. Not to say he isn't smart and maybe he's working smarter than his opposition, but he will never be the coach that will out work the other coach. He just doesn't believe in it from all his interviews.

i want a coach that eats, sleeps, basketball. A coach who goes to sleep thinking about basketball trying to find every edge he possibly can so that our team has an ever so slight edge over the opposition. Like Jackson likes to repeat, we don't have the talent on this team to just show up and expect to win on talent alone. We need every competitive advantage that we can get our hands on. We need to be one step ahead of the opposition. Jackson isn't that guy who can give us that advantage. It's not what he believes in and he's said so repeatedly.

To your 2nd paragraph, i wish we had a coach or players who don't care about being fined. We need someone who can make statements during games, to get their point across, to fight for every possession and for the team. We just don't have that on the team. Bogut really is the only player that would do that, and he's really the only one financially capable of doing it either than Lee, but Lee's soft.

Hopefully Curry comes out aggressive, splits the double team and takes it to the rack. It looks like the Clips are willing to surrender layups rather than let him take jumpers. It really is a shame that no other player on this team can drive and kick.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
zhenyasj
Bench Warmer
And1: 475

Post#23 » by zhenyasj » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:45 am

azwfan wrote:
zhenyasj wrote:
Dasein wrote:
Obviously its a joke thread, its just not funny because fans have been wanting Jackson fired way before the last game we played

By fans you mean few posters on this forum who think they know what it takes to win in the NBA? I really hope that front office doesn't listen to fans when it comes to personnel decisions.

BTW, Pop didn't start winning championships until he got Duncan as well as two other future hall of famers. He also "cost" Spurs a championship last year by taking Duncan out when it mattered most. He's a great coach, no doubt, but let's not pretend that he's the reason why Spurs are winning.

I'm really confused. Is this sarcasm?

You can find faults and second guess anyone, especially the next day if things don't work out.

Return to Golden State Warriors