Re: Players who get cut, waived, denounced, signed Thread 

Post#221 » by turk3d » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:09 pm

Mavs to sign Eric Griffin to 3 yr deal unguaranteed:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -With-Mavs

Looks like Bullls signing Aaron Brooks:

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/ ... ron-brooks

Sefelosha signs 3 yr $12M after trade to Atlanta:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... -and-trade

OKC gets $4M TPE and a bunch of Euros (players, not cash, lol).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Golden Angel
Starter
And1: 891

Post#222 » by Golden Angel » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:35 am

turk3d wrote:OKC gets $4M TPE and a bunch of Euros (players, not cash, lol).

Golden State Warriors

PG: S. Curry | S. Livingston | N. Nedovic
SG: K. Thompson | B. Rush
SF: A. Iguodala | H. Barnes
PF: D. Lee | D. Green | M. Speights
C: A. Bogut | F. Ezeli | O. Kuzmic
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#223 » by turk3d » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:44 pm

Vesely apparently going to Europe and leaving Denver:

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/turk ... bahce.html

I wonder if Denver is ok with that (a former #6 pick)?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
turk3d
RealGM

Post#224 » by turk3d » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:32 pm

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#225 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:17 am

turk3d wrote:Celts sign ET for part of MLE:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/i ... gree-terms

That Boston team is going to be horrible at shooting 3s. I mean Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey, Marcus Smart, Gerald Wallace, Jared Sullinger, Vitor Faverani? YIKES! :lol:

Avery Bradley was good at shooting 3s last season, but I don't know if he can continue shooting the 3s at a high percentage. Marcus Thornton would be another good three point shooter, but he looks out of shape and far too streaky. Same goes for Jeff Green. They really need Kelly Olynyk to break out because I think he's their best shooter.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#226 » by turk3d » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:27 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:

That Boston team is going to be horrible at shooting 3s. I mean Rajon Rondo, Phil Pressey, Marcus Smart, Gerald Wallace, Jared Sullinger, Vitor Faverani? YIKES! :lol:

Avery Bradley was good at shooting 3s last season, but I don't know if he can continue shooting the 3s at a high percentage. Marcus Thornton would be another good three point shooter, but he looks out of shape and far too streaky. Same goes for Jeff Green. They really need Kelly Olynyk to break out because I think he's their best shooter.

I think Thornton's going to do alright for them. He thrives when he's one of the top gunners and a definite guy who can score the basket.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#227 » by turk3d » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Hummel re-signs with the Wolves:

http://www.jconline.com/story/sports/co ... /12977455/

Who's Robbie Hummel????
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#228 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:33 pm

turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

I think Thornton's going to do alright for them. He thrives when he's one of the top gunners and a definite guy who can score the basket.

I think so too, but I question if he's even going to get minutes with Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, and Marcus Smart around.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#229 » by turk3d » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:50 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

I think so too, but I question if he's even going to get minutes with Rajon Rondo, Avery Bradley, and Marcus Smart around.

I think they're all theoretical PGs with Thornton the only pure 2 and he's a also seasoned vet, so I expect him to compete and likely come away with quite a few minutes for them. They do not actually have too many guys who have good outside shots.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#230 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:32 pm

turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:I think Thornton's going to do alright for them. He thrives when he's one of the top gunners and a definite guy who can score the basket.

I think they're all theoretical PGs with Thornton the only pure 2 and he's a also seasoned vet, so I expect him to compete and likely come away with quite a few minutes for them. They do not actually have too many guys who have good outside shots.

Agreed. They really need someone back there that can shoot especially for Marcus Smart to drive and attack the rim. If Avery Bradley can continue his good 3 point shooting, then I don't see Marcus Thorton getting any minutes or just getting a few and I mean a few minutes, BUT considering how Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley are with injuries as of late, it would give Marcus Thornton plenty of minutes to showcase his offensive shooting ability.

PG=Rajon Rondo (34), Marcus Smart (14 @ PG & 14 @ SG), Phil Pressey
SG=Avery Bradley (28), Marcus Thornton (6), James Young

^^^^^ That's if Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley are healthy, which I don't think they will be next season.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#231 » by turk3d » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:03 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

Agreed. They really need someone back there that can shoot especially for Marcus Smart to drive and attack the rim. If Avery Bradley can continue his good 3 point shooting, then I don't see Marcus Thorton getting any minutes or just getting a few and I mean a few minutes, BUT considering how Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley are with injuries as of late, it would give Marcus Thornton plenty of minutes to showcase his offensive shooting ability.

^^^^^ That's if Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley are healthy, which I don't think they will be next season.

How do Bradley and Rondo play together? They've both been hurt so much, not sure if they have and they both are really PGs. On top of that, you know it sounds like Boston's trying to trade Rondo, and have been for over a year now. I see Thornton having a big role there by seasons start.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#232 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:00 am

turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:I think they're all theoretical PGs with Thornton the only pure 2 and he's a also seasoned vet, so I expect him to compete and likely come away with quite a few minutes for them. They do not actually have too many guys who have good outside shots.

How do Bradley and Rondo play together? They've both been hurt so much, not sure if they have and they both are really PGs. On top of that, you know it sounds like Boston's trying to trade Rondo, and have been for over a year now. I see Thornton having a big role there by seasons start.

Avery Bradley is more of a SG than a PG. He just doesn't have the skills of being a PG compared to Rajon Rondo. However, his defense is really what sets him apart. He can defend the PG with his length and he can defend the SG with his quickness. Having a true PG like Rajon Rondo and having a SG like Marcus Smart that can handle the rock, run the offense, and create for others works out perfectly well for Avery Bradley to play with. It's just the trio can't shot the three pointers outside of Avery Bradley who's more than capable of making the three point shot here and there. When Rajon Rondo and Marcus Smart play together is when teams can back out a little bit to dare them to shoot the threes.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#233 » by turk3d » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:18 am

Mavs void Rashard Lewis 1 yr contract:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... hard-Lewis
turk3d
RealGM

Post#234 » by turk3d » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Mavs really loading up this offseason. Sign Aminu. We better watch out for them next season:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/i ... -mavericks

Knicks release Shannon Brown:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -By-Knicks
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#235 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:04 pm

turk3d wrote:Mavs really loading up this offseason. Sign Aminu. We better watch out for them next season:

Knicks release Shannon Brown:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -By-Knicks

Yeah, Dallas did REALLY well with small-contract guys, in addition to their splashes getting Tyson Chandler Parsons. (I think of him as a 14 foot tall dude who shoots corner 3's and blocks people at the rim.) Nelson and Aminu will really help them, and I think there's a couple of guys that don't come to mind but will also be big for them.

Dirk's contract completely enabled it.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#236 » by statsman » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:12 am

ChuckDurn wrote:Yeah, Dallas did REALLY well with small-contract guys, in addition to their splashes getting Tyson Chandler Parsons. (I think of him as a 14 foot tall dude who shoots corner 3's and blocks people at the rim.) Nelson and Aminu will really help them, and I think there's a couple of guys that don't come to mind but will also be big for them.

Dirk's contract completely enabled it.

Don't remind me. Dirk will be making less than 55% of what Lee will be making in each of the next two season. ~$7.1M less per season. :banghead:
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#237 » by Xplatformer » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:08 am

Damn. Mavs are going to be tough this season.

I still take the Warriors if they can stay healthy.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
turk3d
RealGM

Post#238 » by turk3d » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Kings sign Casspi to 1 yr ver min deal. Nice move by Sactown. I think they should also be improved this year. Minny may be looking at a last place finish the way things seem to be going:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... nimum-Deal

Magic sign Ridnour:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11265 ... oint-guard

Jameer Nelson signs with Mavs (may have already posted this):

Mack re-signs with Hawks 3 yr deal:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source--re ... 35634.html
turk3d
RealGM

Post#239 » by turk3d » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:53 am

Kev_Warrior
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#240 » by Kev_Warrior » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:05 pm

@WojYahooNBA

Golden State and Washington waived HIlton Armstrong and Melvin Ely, respectively, league source tells Yahoo.

Return to Golden State Warriors