Summer League is here!

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: Summer League is here! 

Post#201 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:25 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:Where's Ognjen Kuzmic?! This Watt guy sucks! He's giving away free points by committing all those fouls.

Is he not playing? Maybe stashed away since he's a prime Kevin Love piece now ;)

The Lakers were playing Julius Randle at center a lot and Ognjen Kuzmic can't keep up with his athleticism and handles. That's why McAdoo played more minutes, but he looked terrible!
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#202 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 am

DynastySS wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
Xplatformer wrote:Well...I still like Holiday. Man has some jewels on him. He kept hitting big shot after big shot.

McAdoo...too soft. I'm seeing why he wasn't drafted.

You look at him...then compare him to Randle...

Nedo still doesn't look like an NBA point guard except for his size. That pick may be a bust.

Yea McAdoo sucks big time! I can't stand watching him when he was at UNC and I can't stand watching him now and he's playing against some undrafted, D-League, a bunch of nobodies in the Summer League. He's terrible!

Nedovic sucks just as much as McAdoo. I thought he would show us something in the Summer League, but he's getting outplayed by Aaron Craft. I'm dead serious I would trade Nedovic for a chicken lunch burrito if I was Bob Myers stuck in the office all day and the intern is nowhere to be found.

At the very least that would be an interesting exchange between Myers and the Mexican food cashier.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#203 » by azwfan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:26 am

Also this was the first game that Craft played decently. Seriously watch more games.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#204 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:28 am

azwfan wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
azwfan wrote:
He doesn't look scared to me. He isn't strong enough and seems to have bad hands though. I like his perimeter defense potential. He's good at staying in front of his man (except for that one play where he got faked out).

Watch his games at UNC. He looks timid and frightened. No wonder he's a crappy rebounder because he doesn't like to get physical and no wonder he's a turnover machine because he can't handle contact. This guy is a joke! What a waste of a summer league roster spot :nonono:

You seriously need to watch more summer league if you think McAdoo is a waste of a summer league roster spot.

I watched all the games so far and McAdoo has 14 turnovers in 3 games and he's not even a PG. 14 turnovers in 3 games! He sucks!
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#205 » by Quazza » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:28 am

lol @ some of the reactions in here. It's fkn summer league! Most of these guys will never see an NBA court haha
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#206 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:30 am

Quazza wrote:lol @ some of the reactions in here. It's fkn summer league! Most of these guys will never see an NBA court haha

It's not only the Summer League, but 16 games winning streak was on the line :cry:
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#207 » by GSWhoopfan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:55 pm

The win streak was pointless. It's about player development. 16 win streak in the regular season would be a huge deal.

Kuzmic was getting easily our played by Randle especially when he out it on the floor. Kuz was toooooo slow. Randle is legit.

Nedo needs to stop shooting jumpers. He needs to attack the rim. The few times he did, he finished weak. He needs to get more crafty and work on his touch around the rim. I'm thinking he feels if he hits some jumpers it will open up his game. But his perimeter game is not looking so good.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#208 » by Muggsy Bogues » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Nedo has all the physical tools to be a decent NBA-level guard, but something's missing upstairs. Kuzmic is serviceable but slow. Holiday should be a training camp invite... sure, Summer League makes most guys look better than they are, but his shooting, handles and most importantly instincts all look solid.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#209 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:38 pm

If you watched last season you should already know Nedo and Kuzmic will never amount to anything useful. Solid Pants should get a roster spot over both of them.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#210 » by Muggsy Bogues » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:40 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:If you watched last season you should already know Nedo and Kuzmic will never amount to anything useful. Solid Pants should get a roster spot over both of them.

Solid Pants?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#211 » by Xplatformer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Hell, I'd give Craft a spot over Nedo and make him work on his outside shot in the D-league.

Right now the only guys I'd give a roster spot to are

1) Holiday
2) Kuz
3) Craft

Craft is more of a natural floor leader than Nedo, and you can see it already. I don't know if it's the language difference or what, but Craft looked way more composed out there, even when he was been bodied up. Nedo also seems to keep getting dinged up. Eventually euro Derrick Rose is going to lose those knees too.

KevinMcreynolds wrote:If you watched last season you should already know Nedo and Kuzmic will never amount to anything useful. Solid Pants should get a roster spot over both of them.

Reference to Holiday's big b@ll$?
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#212 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:16 pm

Nemanja Nedovic needs to stay with the Santa Cruz Warriors next season as long as possible. Keep him there and let him develop his game. Stephen Curry and Shaun Livingston can hold down the PG duties just perfectly fine without that scrub.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#213 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:21 pm

Golden Angel wrote:Nemanja Nedovic needs a bigger role this year.. Guys a total stud!

I hope you wasn't serious :lol:
LeonGenesis
Sixth Man
And1: 344

Post#214 » by LeonGenesis » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:03 pm

yep, either they got it or they don't. And both of them don't. Just let them go....
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#215 » by DynastySS » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:42 pm

That will forever by my favorite RealGM thread/comment.

"The only thing solid about Hilton is in his pants".

Pure gold.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
Megabueno
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#216 » by Megabueno » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:37 pm

I was hoping for some improvements for Nedo aka Lin jump from year 1 to 2 but he looked like he has regressed. He looks slower and his jump shot is still the same as last year (pathetic). Kuzmic is a big and I give him more time even though he does look like a stiff. He appears to be too soft...
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#217 » by Quazza » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:02 pm

DynastySS wrote:

That will forever by my favorite RealGM thread/comment.

"The only thing solid about Hilton is in his pants".

Pure gold.

a classic RealGM moment
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#218 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Xplatformer wrote:Hell, I'd give Craft a spot over Nedo and make him work on his outside shot in the D-league.

1) Holiday
2) Kuz
3) Craft

Craft is more of a natural floor leader than Nedo, and you can see it already. I don't know if it's the language difference or what, but Craft looked way more composed out there, even when he was been bodied up. Nedo also seems to keep getting dinged up. Eventually euro Derrick Rose is going to lose those knees too.

Me too. I rather have Craft than Nedovic. Craft shows a lot of spunk and tenacity out there.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#219 » by azwfan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:32 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
Xplatformer wrote:Hell, I'd give Craft a spot over Nedo and make him work on his outside shot in the D-league.

1) Holiday
2) Kuz
3) Craft

Me too. I rather have Craft than Nedovic. Craft shows a lot of spunk and tenacity out there.

I agree that he shows tenacity. But he also showed some issue dribbling the basketball under pressure and he's not confident in his shot at all.
He's someone that i'd like to have in Santa Cruz to see how he develops. Not on the NBA roster.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#220 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:39 pm

azwfan wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

1) Holiday
2) Kuz
3) Craft

I agree that he shows tenacity. But he also showed some issue dribbling the basketball under pressure and he's not confident in his shot at all.
He's someone that i'd like to have in Santa Cruz to see how he develops. Not on the NBA roster.

Fair enough. The Santa Cruz Warriors would be great for both Craft and Nedovic to develop their shooting, handling, and overall, their basketball skill. I'm just saying I rather have Craft than Nedovic, but I would rather have a proven #3 PG or a better PG than Nedovic as my #3 PG. Nedovic is under contract and is taking one of the roster spot at PG. If he's not able to contribute, just say Curry or Livingston is hurt or in foul trouble, then what? I rather have a guy that is proven or show that he can be able to play for a few minutes to give Curry or Livingston some rest depending on who sits out that particular game.

Return to Golden State Warriors