BRush to GSW

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Re: BRush to GSW 

Post#81 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:40 pm

turk3d wrote:
Kuya wrote:Brandon Rush and Shaun Livingston are underrated additions.

Our perimeter defense is gonna be NASTYYYYYYYYYYY

As good as it was this past season, is it possible our defense will be even better next season?

Is it only me, but DAMN, don't this sound so DAMN good to be talking about defense?! Livingston, Thompson, Green, Iguodala, Rush, Bogut, and Ezeli? 54% of our team roster as of right now will be pretty much good defensive players. Then you have Barnes and Kuzmic who are not bad defenders either. It's just Kuzmic who's still unproven and can't handle the quick big men, but he has length and is a monster on the boards. Then you have guys that are willing defenders even though they are poor defenders in Stephen Curry, David Lee, and Marreese Speights. They won't be the Tony Allens, Serge Ibakas, or what not, but as long they give effort, that's what matter most. Then you have Nemanja Nedovic and I don't know what the hell to consider him :lol:
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#82 » by azwfan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:51 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:
Kuya wrote:Brandon Rush and Shaun Livingston are underrated additions.

Our perimeter defense is gonna be NASTYYYYYYYYYYY

As good as it was this past season, is it possible our defense will be even better next season?

Is it only me, but DAMN, don't this sound so DAMN good to be talking about defense?! Livingston, Thompson, Green, Iguodala, Rush, Bogut, and Ezeli? 54% of our team roster as of right now will be pretty much good defensive players. Then you have Barnes and Kuzmic who are not bad defenders either. It's just Kuzmic who's still unproven and can't handle the quick big men, but he has length and is a monster on the boards. Then you have guys that are willing defenders even though they are poor defenders in Stephen Curry, David Lee, and Marreese Speights. They won't be the Tony Allens, Serge Ibakas, or what not, but as long they give effort, that's what matter most. Then you have Nemanja Nedovic and I don't know what the hell to consider him :lol:

I'm hoping we sign James Michael McAdoo just so i can be entertained by your posts the whole year. Go Dubs.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#83 » by RoyalMajesty » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:53 pm

azwfan wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
turk3d wrote:As good as it was this past season, is it possible our defense will be even better next season?

I'm hoping we sign James Michael McAdoo just so i can be entertained by your posts the whole year. Go Dubs.

HAHAHA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That was a good one :clap:
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#84 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:55 pm

I really liked Rush post injury. I just can't get excited by this signing, without seeing him play. The guy has missed a lot of time and a lot of basketball.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#85 » by 510TWSS » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I really liked Rush post injury. I just can't get excited by this signing, without seeing him play. The guy has missed a lot of time and a lot of basketball.

You mena pre? He's played all of 38 games since his injury and has been quite poor. But, that is to be expected coming off such an injury. I like the signing, lot of upside but I wouldn't expect pre-injury Rush.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#86 » by statsman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 pm

510TWSS wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:I really liked Rush post injury. I just can't get excited by this signing, without seeing him play. The guy has missed a lot of time and a lot of basketball.

You mena pre? He's played all of 38 games since his injury and has been quite poor. But, that is to be expected coming off such an injury. I like the signing, lot of upside but I wouldn't expect pre-injury Rush.

Sure. It's not like he's expected to slip into the starting lineup. If he can hit some 3s and play solid defense off the bench, that will be good enough.

At a cost against team salary for $915,243 and $947,276 the next two seasons, not much to lose if it doesn't work out.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,863

Post#87 » by 510TWSS » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:12 pm

statsman wrote:
510TWSS wrote:

Sure. It's not like he's expected to slip into the starting lineup. If he can hit some 3s and play solid defense off the bench, that will be good enough.

At a cost against team salary for $915,243 and $947,276 the next two seasons, not much to lose if it doesn't work out.

lol, didn't see what he signed for. That's a great deal without much risk if he re-injures himself. Good deal, but kinda hard to get excited for within the context of this offseason. As it stands now, I'd probably give the Dubz a B/B-. Two signings I liked in Shaun and Brandon. I liked the pick up of Kerr and his new assistants. Other than that not much else to talk about. Would like to see a trade or two to make us better. Let's wait and see.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#88 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:28 pm

510TWSS wrote:

I sure did...oops
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#89 » by and1GS » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:29 am

This signing was...meh. Low risk.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#90 » by migya » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:57 am

If he is healthy and can be what he was when he was last here then he is a great signing. He'll be the backup SG and he can shoot and defend, two important skills.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#91 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:No more minutes left for Barnes on the wing. Good. Welcome back BRush

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Traded for Love? ....was pretty pissed when ZBo took him out back then....we were counting on B Rush that season.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#92 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:25 pm

Its a good thing I tweeted Rush about a month ago wishing him good health and and a possible come back to the Warriors.

If he gets close to where he was prior to injury then he could do some really good things for us.

I think his last years numbers should be thrown out the window and him playing seldomly last season would help the recovery of that injury. Have heard many times that some of these injuries take a much longer recovery and this season he may (hopefully) get back to his old self.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#93 » by shazam_guy » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:14 pm

For this price, not a "meh" signing.

Glad to see BRush back. Just on attitude alone, he's a good fit.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#94 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:06 am

shazam_guy wrote:For this price, not a "meh" signing.

Glad to see BRush back. Just on attitude alone, he's a good fit.

Coming back to watched the Warriors when they were playing against the Clippers in the playoffs along with Kent Bazemore and Jarrett Jack shows how much he loved playing for the Warriors. Really good to have him back and he won't be needed right away considering there's Andre Iguodala, Harrison Barnes, and even Draymond Green ahead of him for minutes at SF. He can just get back in shape, get his mental game back, and get up to speed in the meantime.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#95 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:13 am

migya wrote:If he is healthy and can be what he was when he was last here then he is a great signing. He'll be the backup SG and he can shoot and defend, two important skills.

At 6-6 and a little over 230lbs and with a past injured right knee, he's more suited being the #3 SF behind Andre Iguodala and Harrison Barnes. Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston are pretty much the #2 SG for the Warriors while playing their respected position at SF and PG.
takeapieandrun
Ballboy
And1: 27

Post#96 » by takeapieandrun » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:21 am

Well with only Beans on the bench to keep him company it's no wonder he did nothing in Utah. I'm hoping he will be motivated this year by being back where he enjoyed playing

Return to Golden State Warriors