ImageImageImageImageImage

Where is Kerrs stretch 4 if not Love

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Rob Rowell
Sixth Man
And1: 101

Re: Where is Kerrs stretch 4 if not Love 

Post#21 » by Rob Rowell » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:Draymond and Barnes! Has worked in the past, if only by accident. Should work better with player development and active planning.

Your right on the money here Twerk. Draymond is the answer to our stretch 4 and the PF position in general. I'd roll with Dray in the starting lineup and bring Lee off the bench but we know that's not happening. Dray isn't a knock down shooter yet but the other team has to respect his shot which in itself opens up the offense. I think Dray gets underrated for his playmaking and decision making, the dude has good court vision with high IQ. Kerr would be smart to make Dray a 30 minute player and run some point-power forward ala Lebron.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#22 » by marthafokker » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:49 pm

and1GS wrote:
SFontheRise wrote:Opinion on any of the Morris twins?

Worthless without each other. They have a really weird far too close relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

You mean the Wonder Twins from Justice League (uh... I mean Super Friends)? :lol:
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
TheBayAreaFan
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#23 » by TheBayAreaFan » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Warriorfan wrote:Love looks less likely

Do we trade D Lee for Josh Smith Ryan Anderson Ilyasova KG D West

or do we sign Bonner BJ Mullens on the cheap

I'd only trade Lee for West out of that bunch

Bonner already resigned for the vet minimum with Spurs
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#24 » by marthafokker » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 pm

When did David West started launching 3s?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,859

Post#25 » by 510TWSS » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Baby Face Curry wrote:
510TWSS wrote:How about we let Dray become average at 3pt shooting before we call him a stretch 4.

I figure Barnes would be our stretch 4 option depending on the defensive matchup.

What was his 3pt% the last 20 games and the playoffs? Plus it's what he is working on this Off-season.

Last 20 games + 7 games in the playoffs Draymond shot:

25/72 good for .347%

Looking at the break down never made more than 2 in any game over that stretch. In the playoffs he shot 8/29 for .276%.

So better, but still a slightly below average.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,452

Post#26 » by whocurrz » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:41 pm

I smell a Rob Kurz comeback...
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,074

Post#27 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:51 am

Rob Rowell wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Draymond and Barnes! Has worked in the past, if only by accident. Should work better with player development and active planning.

Your right on the money here Twerk. Draymond is the answer to our stretch 4 and the PF position in general. I'd roll with Dray in the starting lineup and bring Lee off the bench but we know that's not happening. Dray isn't a knock down shooter yet but the other team has to respect his shot which in itself opens up the offense. I think Dray gets underrated for his playmaking and decision making, the dude has good court vision with high IQ. Kerr would be smart to make Dray a 30 minute player and run some point-power forward ala Lebron.

I would start Draymond at the four and have Lee fortify the bench... doesn't sound like Kerr is thinking that way though. I guess we'll have to take what we can get.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#28 » by Coxy » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:04 am

Jester_ wrote:Dray has supposedly been putting in work on his 3 this summer, so we'll see. Really wish we grabbed King Tolly.

:nod:
cladden
Analyst
And1: 373

Post#29 » by cladden » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:38 am

Rob Rowell wrote:

Dray is not a point forward. He passes well but his handle is suspect. He knows not to try to take people off the dribble unless they're closing on him fast thinking he's gonna hoist a 3. I love Draymond but let's not fool ourselves into thinking he's something he's not.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
napsDUBS
Junior
And1: 46

Post#30 » by napsDUBS » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:05 am

Saw this offer earlier, just want to share. Lee/Barnes for Millsap/Korver.
We have our stretch 4 and another shooter. Hawks get inside scoring that they need and a potential starting SF. Would you do this deal?
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#31 » by cdubbz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:05 am

Ryan Kelly. Did the Lakers re-sign him?
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#32 » by statsman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:33 am

Twinkie defense wrote:I would start Draymond at the four and have Lee fortify the bench... doesn't sound like Kerr is thinking that way though. I guess we'll have to take what we can get.

I can't imagine the Warriors doing that as long as Lee is on the team. So I am hoping for a major bonehead defensive move early in the season by Lee where Bogut finally snaps and drops Lee at midcourt.
Frank Mulely
Head Coach
And1: 649

Post#33 » by Frank Mulely » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:24 am

ChuckDurn wrote:Don't laugh, but apparently Lee changed the mechanics on his shot this summer, with the help of a coach. His left hand now apparently is coming under the ball directly, where it would frequently slide off to the side and create side-spin, as well as the wrong direction. Allegedly he's shooting a lot more accurately from the outside, including all the way out to 3-point range.

Don't laugh. Don't laugh. Please don't laugh.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums

Anybody ever noticed that lefties almost always shoot with that weird spin to the side? I'm saying this as a lefty with a broken jumper :lol:
Shv3d wrote:
Frank Mulely wrote:Honestly if this was the 80s

The official motto of RealGM.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#34 » by Quazza » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:41 am

cdubbz wrote:Ryan Kelly. Did the Lakers re-sign him?

would be a handy addition
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,334

Post#35 » by migya » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:07 am

No reason just other players for the bench can be added who have outside shooting. Aldridge doesn't have a three point shot, Griffin as well and they work. Lee is better than just trading him away and is our best inside scorer. We have alot of outside shooters right now. Curry, Klay, Iguadala, DGreen, Barnes and Nedovic. One or two more would be nice but outside shooting is here. A nice backup SG and big would round the team out nicely.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#36 » by ChuckDurn » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:40 am

napsDUBS wrote:Saw this offer earlier, just want to share. Lee/Barnes for Millsap/Korver.
We have our stretch 4 and another shooter. Hawks get inside scoring that they need and a potential starting SF. Would you do this deal?

Absolutely.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#37 » by Warriorfan » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:10 pm

napsDUBS wrote:Saw this offer earlier, just want to share. Lee/Barnes for Millsap/Korver.

I would totally do this deal but does Atl. Millsap had one of his best years without Harford . is due a big raise.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#38 » by old rem » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:29 am

Warriorfan wrote:Love looks less likely

Do we trade D Lee for Josh Smith Ryan Anderson Ilyasova KG D West

or do we sign Bonner BJ Mullens on the cheap

well......Smith or Anderson are a maybe....not the others. Not sure GSW is looking for a more "stretch" as they have Green, Barnes, Speights who can shoot a 3. For GSW...Lee's rebounds and consistent production are a big deal. GSW guards make tons of 3's so I don't see A real need for stretch 4. Probably GSW wants a bit of scoring at SF.
CENSORED... No comment.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#39 » by Plossum » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:42 am

We'd be stupid not to do this deal. But it makes zero sense Atlanta. It's a big downgrade at PF for more money. They may be interested in Barnes' potential but I doubt that's enough to part with Milsap.
#LockUpChuck
AliG1488
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#40 » by AliG1488 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:00 am

statsman wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:I would start Draymond at the four and have Lee fortify the bench... doesn't sound like Kerr is thinking that way though. I guess we'll have to take what we can get.

I can't imagine the Warriors doing that as long as Lee is on the team. So I am hoping for a major bonehead defensive move early in the season by Lee where Bogut finally snaps and drops Lee at midcourt.

Other problem with this is we don't want Draymond to play himself out of affordability for us. Would be nice to extend him at a reasonable rate and THEN start him come playoff time, I agree our best 5 is with Draymond at the 4 & Lee would be a killer off the bench.

Return to Golden State Warriors