And1: 1,047

Re: Kevin Love Discussion Thread Part 2 

Post#421 » by Jester_ » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:22 am

Coxy wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Oh my god yes.

OMG no ;)

I wouldn't trade Green for Gibson straight up. That's how big I am on Green. I think if Warriors win championships it will be largely due to having Green making big time winning clutch plays to get Warriors over the top.

Ye be underestermimatering Taj Gibson.

Curry/Livingston
Klay/Martin
Iggy/Rush
Gibson/Pekovic
Bogut/Pekovic

Me likey.

I have a huge stiffy for Taj, but he's turning 30 and Green is probably going to be a better player in a few years. I like the Lee dump, though and Pek is alright.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
mvpshaq32
Starter
And1: 2,265

Post#422 » by mvpshaq32 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:33 am

Coxy wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Oh my god yes.

OMG no ;)

I wouldn't trade Green for Gibson straight up. That's how big I am on Green. I think if Warriors win championships it will be largely due to having Green making big time winning clutch plays to get Warriors over the top.

Curry/Livingston
Klay/Martin
Iggy/Rush
Gibson/Pekovic
Bogut/Pekovic

Me likey.

I'd much rather aim for Dieng.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#423 » by shazam_guy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:03 am

Don't be throwing the Dancing Bear around like he was a party favor.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#424 » by statsman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:49 am

mvpshaq32 wrote:I'd much rather aim for Dieng.

Good luck with that. Twolves fans have him on a path to the HOF.
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#425 » by a8bil » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:01 am

Chello1 wrote:
a8bil wrote:
NuWarriors wrote:
Apparently he makes every team better... except for Minnesota.

LOL...still haven't heard a cogent argument as to why Love gets a pass on his perennially bad team performance. A lot of acknowledged stars have been able to elevate NBA journeyman into valuable contributors on playoff teams. All we hear about Love is how he's surrounded by garbage. Didn't Brewer help win a championship? Doesn't Pekovic have a high PER? Isn't Rubio considered a very high quality PG? Isn't Martin Klay's equal offensively? I have really liked Love since his days at UCLA, but the extent to which he is deified in these discussions, by putting up strong offensive numbers on bad teams, is curious.

Injuries! Look it up! Anything else you need help with in the future please let me know. You can use google to search things on a computer.

You mean like Bogut missing 15 games, Lee missing 13+ games and playing many more injured, or Iggy missed 19 and played many more injured, or O'Neal 38 games...stop making excuses, and better yet try not be a smart arse, particularly when you have a lame point to make.
Steph 4 3
Junior
And1: 23

Post#426 » by Steph 4 3 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:54 am

LilLeeroy wrote:
Steph 4 3 wrote:
LilLeeroy wrote:So we should ignore every projection model that tells us we would have been a better team with Love and Martin than we are with Thompson and Lee?

Neither should we ignore Klay's reaction, ...there is no way he extends his contract, max or otherwise, for Flip's TWs.

That killed this deal for everyone.

(almost)

Klay is a RFA, his reaction means nothing to either us or the Timberwolves.

Klay's unwillingness to sign a contract extension doesn't mean anything to Flip/Wolves?

Receiving Cavs players with longer contract control doesn't mean anything to TWs?

Kevin Love's forcing the TWs to trade him a year early doesn't mean anything to Flip/TWs?

I'm thinking longer contract control is a major consideration for TWs recruiting.
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#427 » by Frozzy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:13 am

ILOVEIT wrote:
Coxy wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:Would you guys consider Lee + Green + Speights + Barnes for Taj Gibson + Pek + Kevin Martin?

Oh my god yes.

OMG no ;)

Our Robert Horry?
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#428 » by turk3d » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:15 am

+ 1.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#429 » by jason bourne » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:35 pm

Chello1 wrote:Love is one of the best ten players in basketball. He makes any team he joins instantly better.

First, I am +1 with your second and third sentences. Kevin Love would make the Ws instantly better along with Curry and Klay.

I was talking about CLE needing rim protection as they are one of the weakest in the league in that regard. The Cavs would be better off adding a rim protector like Kevin Seraphin or Ekpe Udoh right now to their core of LeBron, Irving, and Wiggins. If CLE goes for Love, then will be capped out for years to come and would have trouble signing decent rim protection. Even MIA with LeBron, Bosh, and Wade could only win 50% championships the last four years. Defense wins championships, so building on LeBron, Irving, Wiggins, and decent rim protection like Seraphin or Udoh seems like the way to go for them.

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the Ws were able to snag Seraphin or Udoh for their bench.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#430 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:42 pm

Chello1 wrote:Cleveland needs him because Lebron needs and wants him LOL. Thank goodness Lebron James gets it more than some of you people. Keep telling yourself how good you are and keep losing in round 1 or 2.

I guess LeBron is the GM there now. I don't think there's anything special he sees in Love per se (I mean, we never heard rumours about LeBron wanting to play with Love before now), he just wants anyone from his Team USA colleagues to come join him. I would respect his achievements more if he could build up the Cavs instead of needing an infusion of All Stars.

BTW you can criticize the Warriors playoff losses when he Wolves are regular WCF participants :lol:
MadMorf
Sophomore
And1: 12

Post#431 » by MadMorf » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:05 pm

statsman wrote:
mvpshaq32 wrote:I'd much rather aim for Dieng.

Good luck with that. Twolves fans have him on a path to the HOF.

Kinda like our fo has with klay.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#432 » by turk3d » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:
Chello1 wrote:Cleveland needs him because Lebron needs and wants him LOL. Thank goodness Lebron James gets it more than some of you people. Keep telling yourself how good you are and keep losing in round 1 or 2.

I guess LeBron is the GM there now. I don't think there's anything special he sees in Love per se (I mean, we never heard rumours about LeBron wanting to play with Love before now), he just wants anyone from his Team USA colleagues to come join him. I would respect his achievements more if he could build up the Cavs instead of needing an infusion of All Stars.

BTW you can criticize the Warriors playoff losses when he Wolves are regular WCF participants :lol:

+ 1 to that. And BTW, wasn't Love like Lebron's 3rd choice? I think he would have preferred Carmelo or Bosh had they not decided to go elsewhere. I doubt very seriously that Cleveland's getting Love was one of Lebron's contingencies for him signing with them. Chello doesn't seem like a very happy man these days.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#433 » by ChuckDurn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:21 pm

statsman wrote:
kbrow20 wrote:Would you guys consider Lee + Green + Speights + Barnes for Taj Gibson + Pek + Kevin Martin?

I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to take on four years of Pek and three years of Martin just to be making a move.

Completely agreed (with statsman). My rough math shows that we would have $70M committed in salary in 2016-2017, without even counting what Thompson would be making. That's just nuts, when most of the roster will be in the 31-33 year old range.

Gibson is overrated, neither Pekovic or Bogut can play anywhere other than C (so you're getting only 24 minutes of each), and as I've stated before, I detest Martin's game. This deal wouldn't move us up appreciably in the West, and would only make our salary situation and flexibility worse than it already is. Pass.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#434 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Jester_ wrote:
Coxy wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:
OMG no ;)

Curry/Livingston
Klay/Martin
Iggy/Rush
Gibson/Pekovic
Bogut/Pekovic

Me likey.

I have a huge stiffy for Taj, but he's turning 30 and Green is probably going to be a better player in a few years. I like the Lee dump, though and Pek is alright.

I was pushing hard in the draft that year to somehow pick up a mid first to grab Taj. To bad our GM was Riley...right?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,674

Post#435 » by a8bil » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
statsman wrote:

I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to take on four years of Pek and three years of Martin just to be making a move.

Completely agreed (with statsman). My rough math shows that we would have $70M committed in salary in 2016-2017, without even counting what Thompson would be making. That's just nuts, when most of the roster will be in the 31-33 year old range.

Gibson is overrated, neither Pekovic or Bogut can play anywhere other than C (so you're getting only 24 minutes of each), and as I've stated before, I detest Martin's game. This deal wouldn't move us up appreciably in the West, and would only make our salary situation and flexibility worse than it already is. Pass.

Sportrac has us at $42 MM in 2016, without Klay (Curry, Iggy, Bogut, Livingston, Ned)...who else are you factoring in to reach $70MM?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#436 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
statsman wrote:

Gibson is not over-rated, but I agree with Statsman.

Also was pushing for us to find a way to grab Dieng in the draft.

So my push for Draymond, Dieng, and Gibson would have been nice to pull off. At least we got Draymond. And Ezeli hopefully is good enough to offset Dieng. Would much rather have Taj than Udoh.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
statsman
Analyst

Post#437 » by statsman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:26 pm

a8bil wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
statsman wrote:I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to take on four years of Pek and three years of Martin just to be making a move.

Sportrac has us at $42 MM in 2016, without Klay (Curry, Iggy, Bogut, Livingston, Ned)...who else are you factoring in to reach $70MM?

Probably adding in salaries for Pek ($12M), Martin ($7M), Gibson ($9M), and Klay's new contract (probably $14-16M in 2016-17). I would say $84M would be a conservative estimate for those nine players, $70M without Klay.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#438 » by turk3d » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 pm

From yesterday:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... with-that/

Talking to some NBA executives, (Love opting-in) could be a problem. One executive explained how the best move for Love may be to come to the Cavs on the current deal — no changes. He becomes a free agent in 2015, then signs a five-year deal for the maximum (could be more than $100 million) to stay here….

I’m hearing Love will not pick up his option — that he would prefer to go to the Cavs on his current deal, then presumably enjoy being successful playing with LeBron James. Remember, he also has done a commercial with Kyrie Irving. He sees marketing possibilities in Cleveland — along with a chance to win big.

I’m hearing the Cavs realize they may have to accept Love’s current deal and gamble on him enjoying playing in Cleveland and with James. Then they will try to sign him for a maximum deal in 2015. So don’t be shocked if a deal is made with his contract situation staying the same.

It will not happen until at least late August now (Andrew Wiggins cannot be traded until Aug. 23), it may not happen until closer to training camps opening, but it feels like a Love to Cleveland deal will get done. Other teams have lined up to jump in.

That’s a gamble by Cleveland. Yes, Love likely re-signs in Cleveland if he goes there, but there is a risk — Dwight Howard’s people made it sound like he would re-sign with the Lakers at first, then the season went sideways and so did Howard. If Love wants to be courted by other teams (like Howard, like Carmelo Anthony this summer) there is a risk he finds another pitch/location compelling.

But Cleveland is in the win-now, risk-taking mode with LeBron there. If LeBron wants Love, you go get him, whatever the costs and risks.

FWIW, there's also someone tweeting (again) that it's a done deal and that Bennett and Waiters are now taking their physicals and that it's them and some picks in addition to salaries coming back. :dontknow:
statsman
Analyst

Post#439 » by statsman » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:31 pm

turk3d wrote:FWIW, there's also someone tweeting (again) that it's a done deal and that Bennett and Waiters are now taking their physicals and that it's them and some picks in addition to salaries coming back. :dontknow:

Just Bennett, Wiggins, some draft picks, and one or more crap salaries going elsewhere? Twolves fan on RealGM are going to explode.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#440 » by turk3d » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:34 pm

statsman wrote:
turk3d wrote:FWIW, there's also someone tweeting (again) that it's a done deal and that Bennett and Waiters are now taking their physicals and that it's them and some picks in addition to salaries coming back. :dontknow:

Just Bennett, Wiggins, some draft picks, and one or more crap salaries going elsewhere? Twolves fan on RealGM are going to explode.

I don't believe that Wiggins is even included according to the tweet (probably bull like all the rest of it we've been hearing so far). It's over in the Love thread in the Trade Forum if you want to take a look.

Here's the tweets:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Believeland24x7/status/493396746853052418[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Believeland24x7/status/493397748020822016[/tweet]

Return to Golden State Warriors