ImageImageImageImageImage

Do you guys think the Warriors are waiting for......?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Do you guys think the Warriors are waiting for......? 

Post#1 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Do you think they are waiting for the Love thing to end before they work on extending Klay? Are they working on extending Green? Are they waiting to add a big man?

What do you think? Because I don't feel like we are done with summer moves.

We have a decision to make on Nedovic. Honestly if Nedovic doesn't find his man card, then i'm hoping they invite Aaron Craft, and I feel like Craft is the guard version of Draymond Green. We could save $500,000 by renouncing Nedo and signing Craft. I believe they will wait until the last minute to make this decision and the last minute is right before the season starts I think.

I sure hope the Love thing is resolved very soon, because I'd like to see us add a guy like Okafor for hopefully the vet minimum. He's a guy who could start if he had to, but would be great insurance as a 3rd big guy for depth and protection. Not sure if he's fully healthy, so of course that would change things.

I think Hilton Armstrong is a nice fall back if nothing else happens. I actually feel confident when he's on the floor. Might really work with the motion style as well as a good screen passer and an understanding of passing moving basketball.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Do you guys think the Warriors are waiting for......? 

Post#2 » by turk3d » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:12 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Do you think they are waiting for the Love thing to end before they work on extending Klay? Are they working on extending Green? Are they waiting to add a big man?

We have a decision to make on Nedovic. Honestly if Nedovic doesn't find his man card, then i'm hoping they invite Aaron Craft, and I feel like Craft is the guard version of Draymond Green. We could save $500,000 by renouncing Nedo and signing Craft. I believe they will wait until the last minute to make this decision and the last minute is right before the season starts I think.

I sure hope the Love thing is resolved very soon, because I'd like to see us add a guy like Okafor for hopefully the vet minimum. He's a guy who could start if he had to, but would be great insurance as a 3rd big guy for depth and protection. Not sure if he's fully healthy, so of course that would change things.

I think Hilton Armstrong is a nice fall back if nothing else happens. I actually feel confident when he's on the floor. Might really work with the motion style as well as a good screen passer and an understanding of passing moving basketball.

I think you're right Mylie. I think they're waiting to be absolutely sure the Love's not coming our way (they have to because any more moves and that becomes an impossibility plus if whether or not we get Love will determine how we shape the rest of our team). And as for Armstrong, I really like him too, but the problem with him is that he's another bricklayer when it comes to FTs. I'd rather have Jermaine back instead (if we can't come up with a better backup Center).
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#3 » by azwfan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:22 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Do you think they are waiting for the Love thing to end before they work on extending Klay? Are they working on extending Green? Are they waiting to add a big man?

Few issues

1. Nedovic has a guaranteed contract. Waiving him saves us $0 against the cap... it only opens up a roster spot.

2. Armstrong's contract becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster August 1st (this Friday). So we need to make a decision on whether or not to keep him by this Friday... or we're in the same position as we are with Nedovic.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,826

Post#4 » by giberish » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:36 pm

I'd expect Klay's extension talk to happen in September or October. Other then a few stars contract extensions don't happen that soon (teams deal with who's on next year's roster in July, and league offices largely shut down for August).

Green can't be extended.

I'm really not expecting any major moves at this point. Just an Armstrong-level deal or two.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#5 » by Kuya » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:37 pm

Keep Armstrong please, we need bigs behind Bogut and Ezeli and i trust Armstrong over Kuz at this point
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#6 » by JimmyTD3 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Meh, the Love thing is all but over for us.

One more decent backup big would be dope.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#7 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:02 pm

I just don't think the Cavaliers are going to trade Andrew Wiggins away. Therefore, the Timberwolves are stuck with Kevin Love unless they take a trade package that's far less of their demanding price. I think this might drag on for a little bit longer.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,843

Post#8 » by Plossum » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 am

Evem if the Cavs don't include Wiggins, the Bulls' package is still more enticing than ours sans Klay.
#LockUpChuck
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,691

Post#9 » by Warriorfan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 am

If the bulls pkg for Love was really enticing it would have been done. Mil is trying to get a bidding war and does not seem to be any takers.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#10 » by Coxy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:20 am

We've shelved KLove, and are waiting till the Durantula is available.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#11 » by East Bay Sports » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:I just don't think the Cavaliers are going to trade Andrew Wiggins away. Therefore, the Timberwolves are stuck with Kevin Love unless they take a trade package that's far less of their demanding price. I think this might drag on for a little bit longer.

It doesn't matter what anyone else offers, our offer is trash without Klay involved.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#12 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:12 pm

One thing for sure....KNBR etc are not interviewing any of the Warriors brass these days. That to me tells me they are unwilling to come on until this thing is done.

Problem is that if this looks like a wait until August 23rd...then I don't see how Warriors are in the trade discussion for Love anymore.

And what if Bulls and Warriors both can't get Love....Then maybe they do a trade.
Lee, Barnes
for
Gibson, McDermit

Dunno..but I think whatever happens with Love, another trade may spin off that.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Special-K
Senior
And1: 26

Post#13 » by Special-K » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:42 pm

Yes, we are done and we will look to add a big man and go into the year as is.
LilLeeroy
Senior
And1: 287

Post#14 » by LilLeeroy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:25 am

Coxy wrote:We've shelved KLove, and are waiting till the Durantula is available.

Why would Durant leave a better supporting cast for a core of Curry and Klay?

If we had Love then maybe I would give us a chance.
nate2005dubs
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#15 » by nate2005dubs » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:35 am

LilLeeroy wrote:
Coxy wrote:We've shelved KLove, and are waiting till the Durantula is available.

I would have to disagree. Basically his supporting cast is Westbrook, Jackson, Lamb, Adams and Ibaka. The others are basically borderline NBA players. One could argue Steph is at least as good as Westbrook. Lamb has been their equivalent to Barnes, showing up at times, and sometimes completely vanishing, and wasn't even played for most of the playoffs. Jackson is a great, young, developping point guard but isn't a much better player than Green right now. And Adams is similar to Ezeli two years ago: a young, raw center who fouls out easily, although he can create much better offensively. Although Ibaka is a rising star, I don't think he is seen as a better two-way player than Klay. That leaves Iggy and Bogut on our team. Without taking into account Livingston who is a much better player than Morrow who they just picked up. They have a big 2/3 but they have a much worse supporting cast than us.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#16 » by Left*My*Heart » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:41 pm

Warriors are waiting on Kerr, just like they did with Jackson. I believe the front office wanted to trade Monta, but Jackson wanted to coach the back court of Curry and Monta first. Kerr wants to coach the Splash Brothers and the front office wants to see what this team can do under Kerr. That doesn't mean there won't be changes made, as I expect as they go through the evaluation process, they will be more likely willing to trade Klay for instance.

Our starting 5 was the best in the league and we know there are health issues along with a few holes in the rotation. It would be hard to imagine the front office wanting to drastically change things, unless they can make an upgrade like Love, without selling the farm in the process.

We also don't know how the negotiations are going to go down with Klay. I could see a scenario where the front office or Klay walkaway from the negotiations and force the Warriors hand. The Warriors would have control over re-signing Klay, but the may determine that they may have to pay him more than what they would want.

It's frustrating, but I'm glad the front office is taking their time regarding this off season. I think the Livingston signing was excellent and was exactly what we were missing. Rush was a good signing if he can get back to where he was prior to his injury. There was a point where we were the leading candidate for Love, but that was a point where we were bidding against ourselves. I still think we are in the hunt, but I also think it is clear that the front office isn't going to take a step backwards to trade for Love.

A lot of us feel if we don't trade for Love, that we are lost and the franchise is just wanting to be mediocre. I was on that side of the fence, but now I'm sitting on top of it. I see both sides of the issues and the only prudent thing to do is wait and wade through this process. The Warriors want Love, but feel giving up both Klay and Lee is too much. I understand the counter argument, but that is the fact. The front office believes that minus Klay and not finding a suitable replacement for him, does more damage to the starting lineup than what the addition of Love does to counter that. It isn't because Klay is on par with Love talent wise.
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#17 » by Xplatformer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:52 pm

LilLeeroy wrote:

That supporting cast isnt better than the current Warrior roster (when healthy).
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
nate2005dubs
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#18 » by nate2005dubs » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:38 pm

[quote="Left*My*Heart"It's frustrating, but I'm glad the front office is taking their time regarding this off season. I think the Livingston signing was excellent and was exactly what we were missing. Rush was a good signing if he can get back to where he was prior to his injury. There was a point where we were the leading candidate for Love, but that was a point where we were bidding against ourselves. I still think we are in the hunt, but I also think it is clear that the front office isn't going to take a step backwards to trade for Love.

A lot of us feel if we don't trade for Love, that we are lost and the franchise is just wanting to be mediocre. I was on that side of the fence, but now I'm sitting on top of it. I see both sides of the issues and the only prudent thing to do is wait and wade through this process. The Warriors want Love, but feel giving up both Klay and Lee is too much. I understand the counter argument, but that is the fact. The front office believes that minus Klay and not finding a suitable replacement for him, does more damage to the starting lineup than what the addition of Love does to counter that. It isn't because Klay is on par with Love talent wise.[/quote]

AMEN.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#19 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:36 pm

Xplatformer wrote:
LilLeeroy wrote:

That supporting cast isnt better than the current Warrior roster (when healthy).

They showed that they aren't willing to spend when they traded Harden and they have zero structure in their offense. Westbrook also seems like he would suck to play with.

It would be pretty hard to play for a team like that.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#20 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:07 pm

LilLeeroy wrote:

The Warriors have a great core dude.

Return to Golden State Warriors