ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#161 » by Mylie10 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:39 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I don't know if Kerr will start Barnes or Iggy in the starting lineup....but I know he SHOULD start Iguodala as last year proved that Barnes made it worse when Iggy was injured.

If they struggle after a few real games, then maybe mix it up and bring Iguodala off the bench....I don't get the rush to change what's working.

Didn't know you were such an Iggy fan. One of his strengths is passing so it behooves to maximize that with Livingston down. You guys talked about DeMarre Carroll and he can provide more points, 3s and better FT% with skosh less TOs. What he can't do is dish out the dimes like Iggy. If Livingston can play a lot of minutes like Jack a couple years ago, then that would take some of the pressure of Iggy.

Someone who would be an excellent trade for Iggy would be Nicolas Batum. Obviously, POR isn't going to trade him for Iggy straight up since Batum is young. Iggy is unique in that he can provide PG dimes and steals and yet block shots. He's weak in scoring and FT% of course.

I'm actually not a so-called Iguodala fan. I'm a fan of basketball and I appreciate Iguodala putting things aside to do the other things that are really evident out there. I love guys who sacrifice for team over individual stats. Iguodala and Bogut have both stated that Steph and Klay should be taking shots, that maybe on lesser teams Bog's and Iggy would take. Some people lament about Iguodala's points per game, like that really means anything. What it means is that he recognizes that other shoot the ball better and our better options. Thats smart basketball.

And looking at all the plus minus and impact stats state that Iguodala is one of the best in the league, I can't just ignore that, because when Barnes took over for Iguodala in the starting lineup, all those numbers tanked. Its clear evidence and I can't and won't ignore it.

I always claim like I'm right, but when i'm wrong and evidence hits me in the face, I think its improtant to adjust my way of thinking. In this case I couldn't, nor would I want to, stick to a force Barnes in the lineup at every opportunity, when the evidence doesn't support it.

I don't however think Barnes is a lost cause, I see actually tangible pieces of some change, that should help his game. One of them is the use of the left hand. Towards the end of last year, he started using it more and it seems like its really helping his finishing. I also see a bit more of a patience to his offense, although in the first quarter yesterday he was a bit out of control and made some bad decisions passing. Maybe it was because he was starting at home on an Iguodala bobblehead night, lol.

My hope is that they all stay healthy and we cut down on the damn turnovers. We do that and continue to rebound as a team and then I think we win the Pacific division, and its on.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#162 » by jason bourne » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:03 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:I don't know if Kerr will start Barnes or Iggy in the starting lineup....but I know he SHOULD start Iguodala as last year proved that Barnes made it worse when Iggy was injured.

If they struggle after a few real games, then maybe mix it up and bring Iguodala off the bench....I don't get the rush to change what's working.

Didn't know you were such an Iggy fan. One of his strengths is passing so it behooves to maximize that with Livingston down. You guys talked about DeMarre Carroll and he can provide more points, 3s and better FT% with skosh less TOs. What he can't do is dish out the dimes like Iggy. If Livingston can play a lot of minutes like Jack a couple years ago, then that would take some of the pressure of Iggy.

Someone who would be an excellent trade for Iggy would be Nicolas Batum. Obviously, POR isn't going to trade him for Iggy straight up since Batum is young. Iggy is unique in that he can provide PG dimes and steals and yet block shots. He's weak in scoring and FT% of course.

I'm actually not a so-called Iguodala fan. I'm a fan of basketball and I appreciate Iguodala putting things aside to do the other things that are really evident out there. I love guys who sacrifice for team over individual stats. Iguodala and Bogut have both stated that Steph and Klay should be taking shots, that maybe on lesser teams Bog's and Iggy would take. Some people lament about Iguodala's points per game, like that really means anything. What it means is that he recognizes that other shoot the ball better and our better options. Thats smart basketball.

And looking at all the plus minus and impact stats state that Iguodala is one of the best in the league, I can't just ignore that, because when Barnes took over for Iguodala in the starting lineup, all those numbers tanked. Its clear evidence and I can't and won't ignore it.

I always claim like I'm right, but when i'm wrong and evidence hits me in the face, I think its improtant to adjust my way of thinking. In this case I couldn't, nor would I want to, stick to a force Barnes in the lineup at every opportunity, when the evidence doesn't support it.

I don't however think Barnes is a lost cause, I see actually tangible pieces of some change, that should help his game. One of them is the use of the left hand. Towards the end of last year, he started using it more and it seems like its really helping his finishing. I also see a bit more of a patience to his offense, although in the first quarter yesterday he was a bit out of control and made some bad decisions passing. Maybe it was because he was starting at home on an Iguodala bobblehead night, lol.

My hope is that they all stay healthy and we cut down on the damn turnovers. We do that and continue to rebound as a team and then I think we win the Pacific division, and its on.

I'll have to watch for Barnes left hand lol. Would like to see him flow more with the offense though. He still seems kind of stiff out there.

You hit the nail on the head with the TOs. Curry will continue to get his share, but he needs to focus some on keeping the ball or passing it. That's where another ball handler becomes important.

Anyhoo, I think this year the Ws will have to make some decisions for their future (one of them hopefully is to keep/get draft picks). By paying Klay, I think the Ws will be forced to decide on Barnes, Green, and even Ezeli. If you add SP8 and Lee's expiring or near-expiring contracts, then you have some trade ammo. I'd also put Iguodala in there as trade bait.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#163 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:Barnes can do things that Dunleavy can't do on the court, because of his athleticism. But in terms of pure productivity, ability to adapt, court savvy, and ability to play multiple roles effectively, Dunleavy is a more effective and consistent player tan Barnes is at this point in his career. He (Dunleavy) can contribute multiple ways - scoring, rebounding, helping to handle the ball and set his teammates up with smart passes - whereas right now if Barnes isn't scoring, he isn't particularly helpful.

This said, it's possible that Barnes is a better fit in Kerr's offense - cutting and playing off his teammates, Barnes' role will probably be simplified, and he might be able to do it better than Dunleavy could.

Yes, yes, and yes. I don't mean to disrespect Mike Dunleavy Jr. like he shouldn't be in the NBA or some sort. Over the years he really developed into being a good shooter that the Warriors envisioned early on in his career. He also played with better head coaches such as Rick Carlisle and Tom Thibodeau than guys like Eric Musselman and Mike Montgomery (I know that's pretty bad >____<). I just believe Harrison Barnes will be much better use this upcoming season under Steve Kerr and Alvin Gentry.

Mike Dunleavy Jr. can handle the basketball a little bit, not bad of a passer, and is a solid rebounder, but isn't that Andre Iguodala's job? Sooner or later, the Warriors are going to decide if it's worth keeping Andre Iguodala and his overpaid contract that the Warriors can get for a resigned PF/SF-Draymond Green ($6 mil to $7 mil per year) AND signing a new backup C or a backup SF such as Mike Dunleavy Jr. ($3 mil to $4 mil per year) who's a free agent after this upcoming season. This upcoming season is going to be huge for Iguodala to see if he's worth keeping aorund.

So when you finished playing in your feces, you acknowledge that Dunleavy is a better player than Barnes.

Thanks

And no. No one is trading us MKG for Barens.

Did you and Mike Dunleavy Jr. had sex together or something? It would explained your incredible love for him.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#164 » by Sleepy51 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:28 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:
Yes, yes, and yes. I don't mean to disrespect Mike Dunleavy Jr. like he shouldn't be in the NBA or some sort. Over the years he really developed into being a good shooter that the Warriors envisioned early on in his career. He also played with better head coaches such as Rick Carlisle and Tom Thibodeau than guys like Eric Musselman and Mike Montgomery (I know that's pretty bad >____<). I just believe Harrison Barnes will be much better use this upcoming season under Steve Kerr and Alvin Gentry.

Mike Dunleavy Jr. can handle the basketball a little bit, not bad of a passer, and is a solid rebounder, but isn't that Andre Iguodala's job? Sooner or later, the Warriors are going to decide if it's worth keeping Andre Iguodala and his overpaid contract that the Warriors can get for a resigned PF/SF-Draymond Green ($6 mil to $7 mil per year) AND signing a new backup C or a backup SF such as Mike Dunleavy Jr. ($3 mil to $4 mil per year) who's a free agent after this upcoming season. This upcoming season is going to be huge for Iguodala to see if he's worth keeping aorund.

So when you finished playing in your feces, you acknowledge that Dunleavy is a better player than Barnes.

Thanks

And no. No one is trading us MKG for Barens.

Did you and Mike Dunleavy Jr. had sex together or something? It would explained your incredible love for him.

Yawn...your only basketball related comment in the thread supports my argument. I could care less about the rest of your childish nonsense. But if I see you attacking other posters like this because you can't win an argument you will find yourself being suspended. Talk hoops,not BS or find somewhere else to do your trashy posting.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#165 » by shazam_guy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:34 am

I'm not sure I understand the standards in play here. Saying someone might want to have sex with Mike Dunleavy is attacking other posters, but saying someone is playing with his feces isn't?

I am not trolling. I just don't get that.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#166 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:20 pm

shazam_guy wrote:I'm not sure I understand the standards in play here. Saying someone might want to have sex with Mike Dunleavy is attacking other posters, but saying someone is playing with his feces isn't?

That was me describing a series of personal attacks made in this thread, not me describing the poster's basketball opinions. As you may recall "throwing your poop around the room" is a euphemism that we have used to describe trolling, flaming and personal attacking for some time now on this board. I'm pretty sure you have never read me as a poster or a moderator describing someone's basketball opinions as throwing poop or playing with feces, only the personal attack stuff. That was the nudge to try to hint that this poster was heading down the wrong path before I had to put on my moderator hat and start issuing warnings. There are several personal attacks and insults from the same poster in this thread.

Call it managing down to their level.

If you have further questions feel free to PM me.
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#167 » by and1GS » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:45 am

Who wants to **** Mike Dunleavy? Be careful, booing encourages his impotence.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#168 » by shazam_guy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:47 am

Thanks for the explanation.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#169 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Trade Checker works for the following:

David Lee to Kings
Jason Thompson and Carl Landry to Warriors

I like this because it removes Lee as a soft guy in the middle....Landry is more reliable low post and mid range jump shooter...and Jason adds depth.

Why for Kings? Because they have an inept front office that will be desperate to make deals and this is one they can make and look like they are upgrading talent....which they are for a losing level team.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#170 » by turk3d » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 pm

shazam_guy wrote:I'm not sure I understand the standards in play here. Saying someone might want to have sex with Mike Dunleavy is attacking other posters, but saying someone is playing with his feces isn't?

Not to detract from Sleepy's response to you Shazam, but that was a very good analogy you made which caused me to laugh quite a bit.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
nate2005dubs
Sophomore
And1: 37

Post#171 » by nate2005dubs » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:36 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Trade Checker works for the following:

David Lee to Kings
Jason Thompson and Carl Landry to Warriors

I like this because it removes Lee as a soft guy in the middle....Landry is more reliable low post and mid range jump shooter...and Jason adds depth.

Why for Kings? Because they have an inept front office that will be desperate to make deals and this is one they can make and look like they are upgrading talent....which they are for a losing level team.

Definitely wouldnt do that. Both of the contracts we would be getting are untradeable. Huge loss overall.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#172 » by old rem » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:36 pm

and1GS wrote:Who wants to **** Mike Dunleavy? Be careful, booing encourages his impotence.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
Quit bringing it up or I'll throw poop on you. :evil:

I just don't need that image. I'm tryin' to eat lunch.
CENSORED... No comment.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#173 » by Kuya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Harrison Barnes for Julius Randle lehhhgooo

Sent from my SM-N900T using RealGM Forums mobile app
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#174 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:24 pm

Kuya wrote:Harrison Barnes for Julius Randle lehhhgooo

Not sure if you're serious..... but that's not a bad idea.

Sounds like it was a clean break that Randle had, though he has been ruled out for the rest of the year. Broken bones tend not to have the long-term detrimental effects on athleticism / durability that torn ligaments do (well, except for Bogut), so theoretically he shouldn't have any long-term problems because of this. He could be the successor to David Lee (sorry, guys, but I don't see Draymond as a starting-level guy in the league..... more of a super-sub), and he'll be on his rookie contract for 2 more years than Barnes will be. That could be key as we approach the luxury tax in coming years.

LA probably has to make a decision - do they want to tank the year, and try to ensure that they can keep their pick (they lose it to Phoenix if it's #6 or worse), or do they try to pick up some wins and not be embarrassing to Laker Nation. They should do the former, but will Kobe and the Busses (Jeannie and Jim) stand for it? I doubt it. And if that's the case, I could see them trading Randle for somebody who could help them this year at one of their positions of greatest need - SF.

LA would have never done it before the injury..... but now? Maybe. It comes down to "what does LA want to do this year? and Do the Warriors worry that Randle won't heal and / or is injury-prone, as he also missed time before college for a foot injury."

This is an interesting one to chew over.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#175 » by Kuya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:49 pm

I was serious, and I'd take a chance on Randles ceiling over Barnes at this point.

The heir apparent for our starting PF position is more important than finding stability at the SF.

Kobe Bryants eindow is opportunity is only this season and the next.

Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#176 » by Coxy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:16 am

Kuya wrote:I was serious, and I'd take a chance on Randles ceiling over Barnes at this point.

The heir apparent for our starting PF position is more important than finding stability at the SF.

I'd take a prime Uwe Blab's ceiling over Barnes ceiling right now.

No way the Lakers listen.
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#177 » by californiadude » Sat Nov 1, 2014 4:48 am

Coxy wrote:
Kuya wrote:I was serious, and I'd take a chance on Randles ceiling over Barnes at this point.

I'd take a prime Uwe Blab's ceiling over Barnes ceiling right now.

No way the Lakers listen.

Barnes ceiling isn't the problem. It's the lack of a floor.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#178 » by hamncheese » Sat Nov 1, 2014 12:51 pm

Dunleavy's line last night - 14 pts, 9 boards, 8 asts, 1 stl, 2 blocks. :o
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#179 » by FNQ » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:33 pm

hamncheese wrote:Dunleavy's line last night - 14 pts, 9 boards, 8 asts, 1 stl, 2 blocks. :o

I fkn hate Dunleavy. He has an attitude that matches his looks: androgynous.

But he's a cerebral player that's pretty solid and if he weren't the lovechild of his dad and Pat from SNL then I'd love to have him on the team
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#180 » by turk3d » Sun Nov 2, 2014 5:56 pm

hamncheese wrote:Dunleavy's line last night - 14 pts, 9 boards, 8 asts, 1 stl, 2 blocks. :o

I don't care how good you may think he is, Dunleavy would shoot himself in the head before accepting a trade back here. I don't think anyone wants his death on their consciences do you?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice

Return to Golden State Warriors