ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Commodor
Analyst
And1: 957

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#721 » by Commodor » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:33 am

old rem wrote:
migya wrote:Maybe reaching a bit but Lee and Barnes for a star SF would be a fitting move. I think Durant will want out of OKC, especially with them not winning much so far this season. Add Iguodala if needed but OKC needs more talent and they could lose Durant for nothing. Durant is at the point where he wants to contend and would be interested coming here.

IF... Durant is on the market... the bids will be HUGE. Iggy? If I can get an EXPIRE I grab that. Lee? They have Ibaka at PF. Barnes? I like him but he's no Durant. Not sure what's realistic.. but I assume any BID in the ballpark...is PAINFULL. We'd be giving stuff we HATE to give. Then we need Durant to commit to staying. You do NOT trade spare parts, backups, older guys paid big.. and get a superstar like Durant. Reverse it... what do we demand if trading Curry? Basically.. we say..put EVERY asset on the table and we'll decide which we want. Some teams.. do not even have the stuff to do that.

It would come down to the parts listed and how OKC viewed klay. We'd probably get something else for a filler. Curry and Durant is nice but it would be a pretty penny.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#722 » by jason bourne » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:27 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:Now that Timofey Mozgov is off the market going to the Cavaliers, what other big man should the Warriors take a look at? Greg Monroe name has brought up, I brought up Kosta Koufos countless times, Emeka Okafor is most likely not going to play this season, and who knows what's going on with Jermaine O'Neal because the Mavericks and now, the Trail Blazers shown interest in him. Here are some other options Jerry West, Bob Myers, Joe Lacob, Steve Kerr, and the rest of the people in the Warriors organization should take a look at:

1) Ed Davis
2) Tyler Zeller
3) Samuel Dalembert
4) Meyers Leonard (He's 11/23 from the three point line this season at 47.8% and he's 6/7 for 85.7% from the FT line!)
5) Cole Aldrich
6) Jeff Withey
7) Eric Moreland

Miles Plumlee is available since PHX picked up BWright. He's strong as an ox, plays D, some O but foul prone.

I like Zeller, but he's supposed to have problems with bigger Cs like witnessed recently against DMC.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,810

Post#723 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:49 pm

jason bourne wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:Now that Timofey Mozgov is off the market going to the Cavaliers, what other big man should the Warriors take a look at? Greg Monroe name has brought up, I brought up Kosta Koufos countless times, Emeka Okafor is most likely not going to play this season, and who knows what's going on with Jermaine O'Neal because the Mavericks and now, the Trail Blazers shown interest in him. Here are some other options Jerry West, Bob Myers, Joe Lacob, Steve Kerr, and the rest of the people in the Warriors organization should take a look at:

1) Ed Davis
2) Tyler Zeller
3) Samuel Dalembert
4) Meyers Leonard (He's 11/23 from the three point line this season at 47.8% and he's 6/7 for 85.7% from the FT line!)
5) Cole Aldrich
6) Jeff Withey
7) Eric Moreland

Miles Plumlee is available since PHX picked up BWright. He's strong as an ox, plays D, some O but foul prone.

I like Zeller, but he's supposed to have problems with bigger Cs like witnessed recently against DMC.

No way the Suns make Plumlee available. The kid is a beast.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#724 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:04 pm

cdubbz wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

1) Ed Davis
2) Tyler Zeller
3) Samuel Dalembert
5) Cole Aldrich
6) Jeff Withey
7) Eric Moreland

No way the Suns make Plumlee available. The kid is a beast.

Yea I don't think Miles Plumlee is available either considering that the Phoenix Suns are fighting for a playoff spot and you don't trade a quality center away unless you get a better quality center in return.

Danny Ainge is looking for more draft picks and it's pretty clear that the Celtics are making everybody pretty much available. I like Tyler Zeller and thinks he plays with a lot of effort and can be good depth at center for the Warriors.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#725 » by cdubbz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Any desire for the organization to get involved with the Nuggets fire sale?

Our roster is almost perfect though. At this point we can stand pat, but they're giving away players right now.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#726 » by ChuckDurn » Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:10 am

cdubbz wrote:Any desire for the organization to get involved with the Nuggets fire sale?

Our roster is almost perfect though. At this point we can stand pat, but they're giving away players right now.

Getting potentially 2 #1 picks for Mozgov isn't giving him away.....

Rumors that they're imminently trading Nate Robinson for Jameer Nelson - I don't call that "giving Robinson away", though I honestly don't know what's on their minds in doing that, unless somehow they get a pick back - and Ainge isn't sending out picks. So I don't know why they're doing it, but it's not giving players away.

What evidence is there that they're giving players away? And bearing in mind that sith our current salary situation, we have to send out approximately as much salary as we receive, what offers would you make?
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
napsDUBS
Junior
And1: 46

Post#727 » by napsDUBS » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:24 am

cdubbz wrote:Any desire for the organization to get involved with the Nuggets fire sale?

If so, another shooter would be great like Randy Foye. Don't know how we can get him though.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#728 » by cdubbz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:43 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:

Getting potentially 2 #1 picks for Mozgov isn't giving him away.....

Rumors that they're imminently trading Nate Robinson for Jameer Nelson - I don't call that "giving Robinson away", though I honestly don't know what's on their minds in doing that, unless somehow they get a pick back - and Ainge isn't sending out picks. So I don't know why they're doing it, but it's not giving players away.

What evidence is there that they're giving players away? And bearing in mind that sith our current salary situation, we have to send out approximately as much salary as we receive, what offers would you make?

:lol:
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#729 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:26 am

At this point, I think we should look for the center of the future for this ball club. This team is in a good spot right now, but with most of our players (e.g., Lee, Bogut, and Iggy) all but about to pass their primes, we should look to acquire a high draft pick, if possible. I've been paying attention to college bball lately, and I'm liking the potential of the freshmen center from Kentucky Wildcats (D-1) named Karl-Anthony Towns (albeit, a small sample size of his playing). He's got the size and physical tools. He's very skilled offensively (Can shoot it and is an underrated passer for a big; but, still needs some seasoning/experience) and his defense is coming along (being able to alter shots). And with my research, they're saying he can be the next Andrew Bogut (why, hello!) or Vlade Divac. He looks to be locked in top 10 for this year's draft.

Question is: How do we acquire him when we really don't have the pieces to move up (Maybe giving up Barnes + Lee)?

If he's too high to reach, I'd say we can look at his other teammate, Willie Cauley-Stein (Who may be taken in the mid-to-late first round). Reminds me a lot like Tyson Chandler.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#730 » by Kuya » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:50 am

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:At this point, I think we should look for the center of the future for this ball club. This team is in a good spot right now, but with most of our players (e.g., Lee, Bogut, and Iggy) all but about to pass their primes, we should look to acquire a high draft pick, if possible. I've been paying attention to college bball lately, and I'm liking the potential of the freshmen center from Kentucky Wildcats (D-1) named Karl-Anthony Towns (albeit, a small sample size of his playing). He's got the size and physical tools. He's very skilled offensively (Can shoot it and is an underrated passer for a big; but, still needs some seasoning/experience) and his defense is coming along (being able to alter shots). And with my research, they're saying he can be the next Andrew Bogut (why, hello!) or Vlade Divac. He looks to be locked in top 10 for this year's draft.

Question is: How do we acquire him when we really don't have the pieces to move up (Maybe giving up Barnes + Lee)?

If he's too high to reach, I'd say we can look at his other teammate, Willie Cauley-Stein (Who may be taken in the mid-to-late first round). Reminds me a lot like Tyson Chandler.

Towns is a top 3 pick while Cauley-Stein is a top 5. We'd have to give up A LOT.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#731 » by cdubbz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:04 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:At this point, I think we should look for the center of the future for this ball club. This team is in a good spot right now, but with most of our players (e.g., Lee, Bogut, and Iggy) all but about to pass their primes, we should look to acquire a high draft pick, if possible. I've been paying attention to college bball lately, and I'm liking the potential of the freshmen center from Kentucky Wildcats (D-1) named Karl-Anthony Towns (albeit, a small sample size of his playing). He's got the size and physical tools. He's very skilled offensively (Can shoot it and is an underrated passer for a big; but, still needs some seasoning/experience) and his defense is coming along (being able to alter shots). And with my research, they're saying he can be the next Andrew Bogut (why, hello!) or Vlade Divac. He looks to be locked in top 10 for this year's draft.

The Bulls possibly have two draft picks this year. Kings draft pick, top 10 protected, and cavs draft pick lottery protected. maybe we can work out a deal there.

Frank Kaminsky is on my radar at Center like i've said before. he's 7'0 240ish, needs to build his body, a bit slow, but i think he can be a good role player for the Center spot. Everyone in the second round thats a Center looks to be a huge project.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#732 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:33 am

Kaminski is good.....he is a real good passer and all around skilled guy. Reminds me of Bogut except he can shoot. Pretty tough too.

I'd love to grab him, but he's out of our reach
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#733 » by azwfan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:33 am

Mylie10 wrote:Kaminski is good.....he is a real good passer and all around skilled guy. Reminds me of Bogut except he can shoot. Pretty tough too.

Here's what i think we should do with the draft.

At 28,29, or 30 (wherever we end up), i don't care about position. I'm just trying to find someone who can play on the team. Defense is the priority. I'm thinking Wallace or Hollis Jefferson if they are available, since those guys seem like really good versatile defenders.
I'm sure people who have watched more college bball than i can tell me how idiotic that may sound. I'd prefer not to take a big man project (when i think big man project, i think Kuzmic) with #30 if there are potential contributors available.

I'd try to buy a pick in the mid to late 2nd to take a flier on a euro project or a big man project if there's someone intriguing there.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#734 » by ALL HAIL » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:07 am

If the Warriors were able to secure Farmar off waivers, would they be interested in trading Livingston for Ed Davis and Boozer (then waived)?

Lakers need a PG. Warriors need to shave a little salary fat (Iguodala can't be traded) and could use shot blocking depth:

PG - Curry - Farmar
SG - Thompson - Holiday
C - Bogut - Ezeli - Davis
PF - Green - Lee
SF - Barnes - Iguodala
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#735 » by azwfan » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:50 am

ALL HAIL wrote:If the Warriors were able to secure Farmar off waivers, would they be interested in trading Livingston for Ed Davis and Boozer (then waived)?

Lakers need a PG. Warriors need to shave a little salary fat (Iguodala can't be traded) and could use shot blocking depth:

PG - Curry - Farmar
SG - Thompson - Holiday
PF - Green - Lee
SF - Barnes - Iguodala

Though i'd like Ed Davis, i'd have to say the Warriors aren't (at all) interested in replacing Livingston's minutes with Farmar.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#736 » by cdubbz » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:23 am

Went on the Nets board to see if their posters were interested in a lee/lopez trade. ONE PERSON SAYS YES. can't tell if he's lying though haha. Lee played beautifully offensively for the dubs tonight though with lots of energy on offense, but his defense looked SO TERRIBLE.

MrDollarBills wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Warriors fan here!
Would your team do David Lee + Warriors 2015 1st round pick for Brook Lopez? Lee's contract expires the same time Lopez does but you'll add a late round draft pick as well.

In a **** ing HEARTBEAT!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:
JimmyTD3
Banned User
And1: 1,640

Post#737 » by JimmyTD3 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:30 am

ALL HAIL wrote:If the Warriors were able to secure Farmar off waivers, would they be interested in trading Livingston for Ed Davis and Boozer (then waived)?

PG - Curry - Farmar
SG - Thompson - Holiday
PF - Green - Lee
SF - Barnes - Iguodala

Unless there's a rule I don't know about where cap space counts as points in playoff games, there is absolutely no reason we need to "shave a little salary fat". Win now mode.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,335

Post#738 » by migya » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:50 am

old rem wrote:
migya wrote:Maybe reaching a bit but Lee and Barnes for a star SF would be a fitting move. I think Durant will want out of OKC, especially with them not winning much so far this season. Add Iguodala if needed but OKC needs more talent and they could lose Durant for nothing. Durant is at the point where he wants to contend and would be interested coming here.

IF... Durant is on the market... the bids will be HUGE. Iggy? If I can get an EXPIRE I grab that. Lee? They have Ibaka at PF. Barnes? I like him but he's no Durant. Not sure what's realistic.. but I assume any BID in the ballpark...is PAINFULL. We'd be giving stuff we HATE to give. Then we need Durant to commit to staying. You do NOT trade spare parts, backups, older guys paid big.. and get a superstar like Durant. Reverse it... what do we demand if trading Curry? Basically.. we say..put EVERY asset on the table and we'll decide which we want. Some teams.. do not even have the stuff to do that.

If the team didn't have Green and Kerr still started Barnes, those two would be doing much better than they have obviously and add Barnes to that and it is worth a superstar that, as is likely the case here, will leave his team anyway.

The situation with Durant might end up being like Love in Minnesota was last offseason, especially if OKC doesn't do well this season, which looks like will happen. OKC will be lucky to get three players who are proven, as Barnes is now, and who would start straight away there. Lee or Ibaka could be their Center but that is the best big pairing they'd have, nice offense/defense mix. They could end up desperate and getting unproven players for Durant.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,335

Post#739 » by migya » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:57 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:

One rough early start for OKC. We not even halfway through the season yet and there's still plenty of time left for OKC to get back to the playoffs. Sorry, but I don't think Durant would want out just because one unlucky injured early season start.

OKC hasn't been as good since Harden left and with Durant and Westbrook back healthy for some time now, they still aren't 50%. They could and likely will make a big run for the rest of the season but they are not a real contender as it looks. Waiters seems to be a good fit there and he may become like Harden somewhat, making them a better team, but unless there is a big improvement Durant might want to go to a better team for a better shot at contending.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#740 » by old rem » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:45 am

azwfan wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Kaminski is good.....he is a real good passer and all around skilled guy. Reminds me of Bogut except he can shoot. Pretty tough too.

Here's what i think we should do with the draft.

At 28,29, or 30 (wherever we end up), i don't care about position. I'm just trying to find someone who can play on the team. Defense is the priority. I'm thinking Wallace or Hollis Jefferson if they are available, since those guys seem like really good versatile defenders.
I'm sure people who have watched more college bball than i can tell me how idiotic that may sound. I'd prefer not to take a big man project (when i think big man project, i think Kuzmic) with #30 if there are potential contributors available.

I'd try to buy a pick in the mid to late 2nd to take a flier on a euro project or a big man project if there's someone intriguing there.
Agree. When picking around #30... you settle for a guy with the talents to make the roster-the upside to have some future. We HAVE Ezeli + Kuzmic. Not much need to add a guy not better than either. GSW is DEEP. We won't have a lot of open spots..or available minutes + role. We COULD go "big" if the guy has enough to PLAY. We as easy could just take the 'best available" since we HAVE depth. At #30....we won't get a more durable bogut..a better Speights. If we get some guy who earns a spot in the rotation..THAT works for me.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Golden State Warriors