ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#1441 » by turk3d » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:39 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616690683785674753[/tweet]

Suns must be intending to make a strong run at LMA.

Detroit just got stronger in the East.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#1442 » by InWestWeTrust » Thu Jul 2, 2015 7:43 pm

Poor Morris twins are going to be sad again. Good move for Detroit, gives them more depth.

EDIT: Depends on the picks actually, Morris is pretty much the best player in the package. And its not the good Morris.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE) 

Post#1443 » by ChuckDurn » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:22 pm

Meh move for Detroit... Can't say any of the guys they're getting (that Phoenix is sending) are real difference-makers. Not sure any of them will even start.

Now Markieff.... Different story. If they move him, he's better on his own than that package they just gave up....

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: RUMOR: David West interested in GSW, SAS 

Post#1444 » by clyde21 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:45 pm

Jester_ wrote:
GMstatus wrote:I'd take West over Mo any day.

11 points 4 rebounds on 55% TS in 16 mpg vs. 12 points 7 rebounds on 50% TS (atrocious) in 28 mpg. And it's not even like West is good at defense anymore. West gives crappier production on nearly double the minutes as Mo.

He's a 34 year old sh*tty Mo Speights at a position that isn't even a need, I'm astounded people are advocating for him. Speights was a 6th-man favourite for half the year and arguably our 3rd most reliable scorer, and y'all want to replace him with David West? Give me a break.

Dishonest argument is dishonest. You're taking West's worst year and comparing it to Mo's best year. Could be a trend, but it also could be an anomaly.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#1445 » by floppymoose » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:51 pm

West can only come to GS in a trade. Between that and just how unrealistic this rumor is. moving it to the trade thread.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1446 » by FNQ » Thu Jul 2, 2015 8:58 pm

floppymoose wrote:West can only come to GS in a trade. Between that and just how unrealistic this rumor is. moving it to the trade thread.

That's not really true.. he's rumored to be more willing to go to SA if they sign LMA, meaning he's not looking for cash, he's looking for a 1 year ring-chasing deal. While that remains to be seen, that he's targeted two teams who at most can offer the mini-MLE (or the minimum in the Spurs' case), I'd say its legitimate that he could outright sign here.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#1447 » by floppymoose » Thu Jul 2, 2015 9:59 pm

Ok, if I'm wrong it's my bad. If he will take what little GS can offer then I should have put this in the free agent thread.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: RUMOR: David West interested in GSW, SAS 

Post#1448 » by Mylie10 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 12:06 am

The-Power wrote:
Jester_ wrote:11 points 4 rebounds on 55% TS in 16 mpg vs. 12 points 7 rebounds on 50% TS (atrocious) in 28 mpg. And it's not even like West is good at defense anymore. West gives crappier production on nearly double the minutes as Mo.

Not a good comparison because it doesn't prove anything. Mo was never as efficient as he was last year, he was damn awful the year's before. West, on the other hand, was never as inefficient as he was last year aside from his second year in the league with an extremely small sample size. Sure, you can argue that he is done by now and suddenly fell off a cliff. But isn't it surprising that Mo was useful this year in a very limited role playing in a sophisticated offensive system next to great playmakers and Stephen Curry while West struggled on a team with no reliable scoring option, having a much bigger burden to carry? Looking at last year when comparing these players and drawing such definite conclusions based on that is not the way to go, it doesn't help us evaluating the players in an appropriate way.

I'm sure West's performance would drastically improve with reduced minutes on a great offensive team. Speight's can hit midrange jumpers and he takes charges on defense. It helped us this season, no doubt, but let's not pretend that he's anything special. West can also make his jumpers but additionally he's an option in the post, he's the better passer and he is still a more impactful defender even though he's past his prime. He would be less expensive as well. I like Mo as our offensive back-up Center but West is still the superior player and if we have a chance to lure him, I wouldn't pass up the opportunity. I don't believe the picture you drew here is accurate by any means.

Thanks for doing the leg work hear. Was gonna post this exact thing.

You can't or shouldn't compare numbers from a guy who has been a starter and good player his entire career on a bad year with a highly flawed lineup, to a journeyman who finally got in shape and had nice numbers while playing for the best, most efficient team in the league.

Content t matters.

Now I want to make it clear, that I really like Mo. I don't want it to sound like I'm hating on him, but West is the better all around player, and in our offense, with the ability to protect his minutes, he'd be a great fit. He'd be the post option we don't have. Plus he's as good a mid range shooter as Mo is and it's from different spots, where Mo has to be in the one spot to be effective.

If Mo played defense I'd agree more, but sadly he doesn't. West is and has been clutch. He's tougher, he battles...and I guarantee that if we had West in the Finals he'd have played a ton.....whereas Mo was limited.

But it sounds like West wants more money than we can give, so it's all moot.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#1449 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:50 pm

More long term but if Embid is able to play, Philly is going to have to trade one of their centers in a year or two or let whichever one reaches free agency go.
DreDay
General Manager
And1: 3,212

Post#1450 » by DreDay » Mon Jul 6, 2015 10:35 am

Would the Heat bite on Speights/Rush for McRoberts? They get let out of his deal to sign Whiteside next season because Speights and Rush are expirings.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#1451 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Jul 6, 2015 3:33 pm

RUMOR: Knicks exploring trade options for Nene and David Lee

http://en.yibada.com/articles/43135/20150705/nba-trade-rumors-knicks-exploring-trade-for-nene-or-david-lee.htm

The New York Knicks are reportedly shifting their focus on the trade market, where the club is angling to pull off a deal that would help them land an established player at the power forward slot.
The Knicks, who signed Aaron Afflalo to a two-year, $18MM contract and Robin Lopez to a four-year, $54 million deal, are itching to pull the trigger on another big trade, possibly for Golden State Warriors' power forward David Lee and Washington Wizards banger Nene.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1452 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:30 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:RUMOR: Knicks exploring trade options for Nene and David Lee

http://en.yibada.com/articles/43135/20150705/nba-trade-rumors-knicks-exploring-trade-for-nene-or-david-lee.htm

The New York Knicks are reportedly shifting their focus on the trade market, where the club is angling to pull off a deal that would help them land an established player at the power forward slot.
The Knicks, who signed Aaron Afflalo to a two-year, $18MM contract and Robin Lopez to a four-year, $54 million deal, are itching to pull the trigger on another big trade, possibly for Golden State Warriors' power forward David Lee and Washington Wizards banger Nene.

Not sure a deal with New York can get done now. And I haven't heard who that dude is who wrote the article. Also wonder if that article was written before that guy found out that they just signed Kyle Oquinn.

So obviously the only way a Knick deal could happen would have to include Calderon, (which I could see us actually using on the second unit) and a third team. Because I don't think they have enough they'd be willing to deal to make up the other 7-8mil needed to trade for Lee.

So a three team deal may be the only way to get a Lee move made. Highly unlikely, but not impossible I guess.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#1453 » by statsman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:53 pm

Agreed about the Knicks. I really don't see a way for them to acquire Lee or Nene via trade now that they've spent most of their cap space. Adding a 3rd team doesn't help the Knicks. It is a simple matter of sending the proper amount of salary out for the salary they would be taking back.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1454 » by OptionZero » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:20 pm

Calderon and then we stretch him?

I think Calderon is $7.4M, so another piece is needed unless the Knicks have cap space (and it doesn't look like they do)
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#1455 » by statsman » Mon Jul 6, 2015 6:36 pm

OptionZero wrote:Calderon and then we stretch him?

I think Calderon is $7.4M, so another piece is needed unless the Knicks have cap space (and it doesn't look like they do)

The Knicks don't have the cap space, and Calderon is their only trade piece not named Carmelo.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#1456 » by floppymoose » Mon Jul 6, 2015 8:46 pm

floppymoose wrote:Ok, if I'm wrong it's my bad. If he will take what little GS can offer then I should have put this in the free agent thread.

And... I should have put it in the free agent thread. West signed for the vet minimum with the Spurs. They've got two ring chasers now.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#1457 » by FNQ » Mon Jul 6, 2015 9:09 pm

floppymoose wrote:
floppymoose wrote:Ok, if I'm wrong it's my bad. If he will take what little GS can offer then I should have put this in the free agent thread.

And... I should have put it in the free agent thread. West signed for the vet minimum with the Spurs. They've got two ring chasers now.

Call me crazy but I'm not intimidated by the Spurs' moves in the least... they are full-on embracing a style of basketball that we have likely put to sleep for a while. While the Cavs, with the greatest player ever, had the ability to take the pace out of us for a while (and we still went 1-2), I don't see the same effect for the Spurs. With exception of Kawhi and now I guess LMA, they are on borrowed time. Duncan has played 55,000 pro minutes of basketball for chrissake...
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1458 » by OptionZero » Mon Jul 6, 2015 10:28 pm

Aldridge's firm stance against playing center makes me respect him a lot less. He wants to stand around shooting midrange jumpers? Is he going to make smart quick passes and cut the way SAS bigs (TD, Splitter, Diaw) have done the past several years)?

I love Draymond Green even more. Tell him to guard Dwight or Gasol and he mans up and does it, size be damned.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,745

Post#1459 » by azwfan » Mon Jul 6, 2015 11:00 pm

FNQ wrote:
floppymoose wrote:

Call me crazy but I'm not intimidated by the Spurs' moves in the least... they are full-on embracing a style of basketball that we have likely put to sleep for a while. While the Cavs, with the greatest player ever, had the ability to take the pace out of us for a while (and we still went 1-2), I don't see the same effect for the Spurs. With exception of Kawhi and now I guess LMA, they are on borrowed time. Duncan has played 55,000 pro minutes of basketball for chrissake...

I think SA got better because they got deeper and more skilled. They still can't play small with us though. Its just a matter of whether their big lineup is significant enough advantage to negate our small ball runs. I recognize them as a threat, but i'm not losing any sleep. Parker is the guy we had the most issues with and he looks like a shell of his former self. Duncan and Aldridge are really good players. But man, i like how we match up defensively with them. Kawhi, IMO, is a great defensive player, but a much lessor threat offensively. We may have some slug it out, low scoring games with them, but i like our chances.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,700

Post#1460 » by Warriorfan » Tue Jul 7, 2015 11:32 pm

Warriors now have 2 more trade pieces to work with

TPE 5.4 million enough for Nick Young, Birdman, Hickson

Wallace 10 mil exp

Return to Golden State Warriors