ImageImageImageImageImage

Who needs Love? Leandro Barbosa is calling!

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,047

Re: Who needs Love? Leandro Barbosa is calling! 

Post#61 » by Jester_ » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:20 am

Barbosa is 31. He's not going to magically improve in something he's been awful at his entire career.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#62 » by InWestWeTrust » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:51 am

Jester_ wrote:Barbosa is 31. He's not going to magically improve in something he's been awful at his entire career.

Vet min and probably a third stringer. He doesn't have to be legendary
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#63 » by Mylie10 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:48 am

He will provide scoring off the bench. He can drive and shoot threes....occasional good pass. There will be a few games where he goes off and helps to win the game.

He's a real good fit with Livingston......playmaker and scorer...nice.

If Rush can g e t close to where he was our bench will be off the hook good and versatile.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#64 » by TrueStoryGSW » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:42 am

Jester_ wrote:
HiRez wrote:
Jester_ wrote:Our idiot owners are wasting time loading up on guards we don't need instead of getting a big or a superstar.

You can have a legitimate debate whether they screwed up not getting Love. Personally I think they botched an opportunity there. But are you suggesting they stop signing players because the Love thing didn't happen? They have to fill out the roster and last time I looked there weren't a lot of high-quality bigs waiting to sign with some team out there. And what do you mean "guards we don't need"? Rush has been injured, Livingston has been injured, Nedovic has been injured (and sucks), and Curry needs rest. Another veteran guard on a minimum salary isn't going to hurt.

So in response we sign another injured player? We have like 7 injury prone players on this roster now, and not a single backup big besides Festus. This entire off-season has been an embarassment.

I'll pay pal you 20 $ if they not gonna sign any big before the season starts, just to make sure you stop crying.

We stole Barbosa, he's by far the best pg/sg fa available. We would't get him after the world cup. Smart move.
I'm pretty sure they are looking for bigs, just be patient, Brand or Udoh would be nice.

Curry/SDot/neda
Klay/Bosa
Iggy/HB/Rush
Lee/green/mo
Bogut/Ezeli/???
TrueStoryGSW
Banned User
And1: 226

Post#65 » by TrueStoryGSW » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:42 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_4LHRE1EGY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TD56Nq3458[/youtube]
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#66 » by Xplatformer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Anyone else watching Brazil vs. France. Leandro is on the Brazilian team.

I feel good having both Leandro and Brandon as backup shooting guards.

Klay shouldn't have to play more than 35 minutes a game this season.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#67 » by turk3d » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:37 pm

TrueStoryGSW wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_4LHRE1EGY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TD56Nq3458[/youtube]

He's a heckuva finisher. Kinda reminds of Crawford under control, lol.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,800

Post#68 » by floppymoose » Tue Sep 2, 2014 5:56 am

Xplatformer wrote:I know every team relies on being healthy to contend....but man. The Warriors have injury concerns across their starters AND their bench...like I've never seen in 25 years of watching NBA basketball.

I give you the 2013 Nets.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#69 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Sep 3, 2014 7:04 am

What I like about this team is that that they have guys that are already proven basketball players that doesn't need to play right away because of the players that's already in front of them. For example, Brandon Rush. We have Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, Harrison Barnes, Shaun Livingston, and Draymond Green ahead of Brandon Rush to play at SG and SF. Brandon Rush can recover and get back to NBA shape in the meantime.

Same thing for Leandro Barbosa. He can recover and get back to NBA shape in the meantime because guys like Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, Stephen Curry, and Shaun Livingston are ahead of him to play PG and SG. Another situation that's similar is Marreese Speights even as dumb as he is and he's not injured compared to Barbosa and Rush, he can come in and gives the Warriors some minutes at PF and C, but the Warriors already have David Lee, Draymond Green, Andrew Bogut, and Festus Ezeli that's ahead of him in the rotation. The problem is the constant Andrew Bogut, most recently David Lee, and now Festus Ezeli has been getting injured and we don't want to rely on Marreese Speights whereas Leandro Barbosa and Brandon Rush have proven to be guys that you can depend on and will give you solid minutes.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#70 » by RoyalMajesty » Wed Sep 3, 2014 7:09 am

PG=Stephen Curry (34), Shaun Livingston (14 @ PG & 6 @ SG), Nemanja Nedovic
SG=Klay Thompson (34) & Leandro Barbosa
PF=David Lee (28 @ PF & 4 @ C), Draymond Green (20 @ PF & 4 @ SF), Marreese Speights
SF=Andre Iguodala (24 @ SF & 8 @ SG), Harrison Barnes (20), Brandon Rush
C=Andrew Bogut (28), Festus Ezeli (16), Ognjen Kuzmic

This is what I mean. If Livingston or Curry is out, Barbosa is more than capable to be that offensive spark off the bench and run the offense as the backup PG. If Iguodala is out, Rush is more than capable along with Barnes and Green to hold down the SF duties until Iguodala is back. If Lee is out, Green and even Speights and even Barnes as well can hold it down at PF, but if Bogut is out, Ezeli and Speights won't be enough.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#71 » by turk3d » Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:27 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:PG=Stephen Curry (34), Shaun Livingston (14 @ PG & 6 @ SG), Nemanja Nedovic
PF=David Lee (28 @ PF & 4 @ C), Draymond Green (20 @ PF & 4 @ SF), Marreese Speights

This is what I mean. If Livingston or Curry is out, Barbosa is more than capable to be that offensive spark off the bench and run the offense as the backup PG. If Iguodala is out, Rush is more than capable along with Barnes and Green to hold down the SF duties until Iguodala is back. If Lee is out, Green and even Speights and even Barnes as well can hold it down at PF, but if Bogut is out, Ezeli and Speights won't be enough.

Which is why we need a 3rd string Center who can defend: Radjucca, Udoh, O'Neal . . .

If we can somehow come up with one who's relatively cheap, then this squad is set.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Xplatformer
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by Xplatformer » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:03 pm

turk3d wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:PG=Stephen Curry (34), Shaun Livingston (14 @ PG & 6 @ SG), Nemanja Nedovic

Which is why we need a 3rd string Center who can defend: Radjucca, Udoh, O'Neal . . .

If we can somehow come up with one who's relatively cheap, then this squad is set.

Kuz is going to be given the opportunity to fail.

It's probably going to be tough bringing in a 3rd string center who (hopefully) won't get any regular or post season minutes.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#73 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:17 pm

Last year in the second half of the season Kuzmic made big strides in the D-league. His rebounding numbers were amongst the best in that league at that time. He can in the very least play some D. and grab a few rebounds. He can use up some fouls and the kid shoots free throws decently. He'll also block a few shots.

The kid may spend much of his year bouncing back and forth from Santa Cruz again to get work in. But I wouldn't have a problem playing him a few minutes here and there if someone isn't feeling right.

The hope is that between Bogut, Lee, and Ezeli they will take up all the available minutes at the five spot, with Lee getting more minutes there than usual based on stretching the floor with the other fours. so the 4th string center thing isn't as crucial as we make it.

I think we're all so wrecked over previous injuries that we just assume they are going down for the count. We're not out of bounds to think that based on history. but its not at the crucial stage right now, so I wouldn't worry to much.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#74 » by Onus » Wed Sep 3, 2014 4:23 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Last year in the second half of the season Kuzmic made big strides in the D-league. His rebounding numbers were amongst the best in that league at that time. He can in the very least play some D. and grab a few rebounds. He can use up some fouls and the kid shoots free throws decently. He'll also block a few shots.

The kid may spend much of his year bouncing back and forth from Santa Cruz again to get work in. But I wouldn't have a problem playing him a few minutes here and there if someone isn't feeling right.

The hope is that between Bogut, Lee, and Ezeli they will take up all the available minutes at the five spot, with Lee getting more minutes there than usual based on stretching the floor with the other fours. so the 4th string center thing isn't as crucial as we make it.

I think we're all so wrecked over previous injuries that we just assume they are going down for the count. We're not out of bounds to think that based on history. but its not at the crucial stage right now, so I wouldn't worry to much.

Last year we went into the season with 5 centers. Bogut, O'neal, Festus, Kuzmic, Dedmon. By the end of the playoffs Lee was the starting center and none of the 5 centers were able to contribute, well I guess it depends if you count O'neal's negative contributions.

Worrying about the center position is something the FO should have been doing. Really all we needed was someone who would box out and block some shots. Ekpe would have fit that perfectly.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Xplatformer
Sixth Man

Post#75 » by Xplatformer » Wed Sep 3, 2014 5:11 pm

Kuz, Ezeli, Bogut, David and even Speights are probably the five guys that are going to hold down the 5 spot.

Defensively...that should be an improvement.

All we can do now is pray for health. Ezeli played center as a rookie. Kuz has one year under his belt and will hopefully have better coaches guiding his development this season.

If the Warriors can't get on the court value from Kuz...now is the time to find out.
Xplatformer
Sixth Man

Post#76 » by Xplatformer » Tue Sep 9, 2014 9:17 pm

Uhm...

Livingston
Barbosa
Harrison
Green
Ezeli

They won't play all 5 together...but if healthy they give the Warriors a strong 10 man playoff rotation.

Fricken health man.... :banghead:
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#77 » by GSWhoopfan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:24 am

Xplatformer wrote:Uhm...

Livingston
Barbosa
Harrison
Green
Ezeli

They won't play all 5 together...but if healthy they give the Warriors a strong 10 man playoff rotation.

Fricken health man.... :banghead:

BRush as an 11th man? We must be winning a championship if he's that back on the depth chart.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#78 » by Mylie10 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:36 am

Add Rush to that list and you got 11 legit guys. I call Ezeli legit because as a raw rookie he started most of that season, and did pretty well. At least showed maturity.

Barnes is legit in that he has a lot of games under his young belt and has experience in two playoff season's. Invaluable as a young player....But still needs tons of improvement. Biggest net negative on the team last season based on getting big minutes.
Khoee wrote “
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#79 » by GSWhoopfan » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:20 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Last year in the second half of the season Kuzmic made big strides in the D-league. His rebounding numbers were amongst the best in that league at that time. He can in the very least play some D. and grab a few rebounds. He can use up some fouls and the kid shoots free throws decently. He'll also block a few shots.

There aren't too many guys taller than 6-8 in the dleague. He's a legit 7 footer. He was swallowing boards kinda by default. I saw 3 of his games. He's was just bigger than everyone and was able to put himself in good positions to grab boards.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
Xplatformer
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by Xplatformer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:37 pm

GSWhoopfan wrote:He's a legit 7 footer. He was swallowing boards kinda by default. I saw 3 of his games. He's was just bigger than everyone and was able to put himself in good positions to grab boards.

Honestly...all the Warriors will hopefully need out of Kuz is boards and defending/fouling DeAndre Jordan. :D :D

Barbosa signing is official today.

I wanted the Lakers to grab him six years ago. If he can stay healthy he can be a valuable piece on the Warriors squad.

Now Klay can rest a few more minutes per game with Leandro or Brandon coming off the bench.

Deep backcourt now.

Return to Golden State Warriors