ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Bob Fitzgerald to do Niners play-by-play

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,406

Re: OT: Bob Fitzgerald to do Niners play-by-play 

Post#21 » by ILOVEIT » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:08 am

I happen to think he's a dick on the radio that hangs on to his own opinions and is willing to flush or cut off callers instead of actually having any conversation that suggests he might be wrong.

But that's just me :)

But what I've always disliked about him is how he got the Warrior gig....Legend has it he under cut Papa to snag the Warriors job while Papa was in negotiations.

Bob bless his heart....would simply always either be Piggy in Lord of the Flies...or the kid that through the rock at him.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
cladden
Analyst
And1: 378

Post#22 » by cladden » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:54 am

ILOVEIT wrote:I happen to think he's a dick on the radio that hangs on to his own opinions and is willing to flush or cut off callers instead of actually having any conversation that suggests he might be wrong.

But what I've always disliked about him is how he got the Warrior gig....Legend has it he under cut Papa to snag the Warriors job while Papa was in negotiations.

Bob bless his heart....would simply always either be Piggy in Lord of the Flies...or the kid that through the rock at him.

That just isn't how you spell "threw".
TaylorMonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,580

OT: Bob Fitzgerald to do Niners play-by-play 

Post#23 » by TaylorMonkey » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:05 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:I happen to think he's a dick on the radio that hangs on to his own opinions and is willing to flush or cut off callers instead of actually having any conversation that suggests he might be wrong.

The irony is that Papa lost the job because he was announcing other sports (Raiders I think) and reluctant to be the Warrior exclusive that the last ownership wanted him to be.

Now Fitz is announcing both premier sports teams in the bay.

Papa must hate Fitz even more now. Thanks Cohan!
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,828

Post#24 » by cdubbz » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:29 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:
Stringcheese wrote:
cdubbz wrote:LOL. I never understood the Fitz hate. If you ever get a chance to listen to other teams color commentators you'll learn to appreciate fitz. Even before I heard other teams commentators I never disliked him. He doesn't bug me.

PS. And the quotes you guys are making fun of him for are pretty lame.

Seriously. He's fine as a commentator, I dont get the hate.

Guess you haven't listened to him on KNBR, eh? The biggest homer and arse kisser you'll ever hear.

No I haven't. Mainly because i'm not into talk radio. I'll say when I have listened to KNBR for sports talk, I think everyone is annoying.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Amazing Curry
Starter
And1: 65

Post#25 » by Amazing Curry » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:38 pm

Niners losing the two games Fitz commentates on. Quite a coincidence
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#26 » by turk3d » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:50 pm

Amazing Curry wrote:Niners losing the two games Fitz commentates on. Quite a coincidence

So let's fire his arse. It's his fault that Harbaugh can't figure out how to get this team to score in the 2nd half.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#27 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:14 am

He's an absolutely god awful condescending douchebag worthless piece of crap son of a bitch devil spawn that makes me want to punch little kittens in the face...and that's an improvement over what I think of his radio show.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett

Return to Golden State Warriors