ImageImageImageImageImage

Jermaine O'Neil Thanks Warriors fans with Full Page Ad

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

NuWarriors
Lead Assistant
And1: 715

Jermaine O'Neil Thanks Warriors fans with Full Page Ad 

Post#1 » by NuWarriors » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Hopefully there will be a digital version of this so it can be read online.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/516258827394883584[/tweet]
Jester_
General Manager
And1: 1,035

Re: Jermaine O'Neil Thanks Warriors fans with Full Page Ad 

Post#2 » by Jester_ » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:06 pm

Good for him. He gave us a lot more than we could've expected out of him.
GQ Hot Dog wrote:Kerr has done more with the least talent available of any coach in the history of the game.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#3 » by turk3d » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:50 pm

True Class Act.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#4 » by FNQ » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:03 pm

turk3d wrote:True Class Act.

:o

:rofl:

First class doucher.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#5 » by NBAfan3024 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:43 pm

why did Myers not decide to re-sign him?
turk3d
RealGM

Post#6 » by turk3d » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:16 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:

First class doucher.

And how's that?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#7 » by Xplatformer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:59 am

FireNellieQuick wrote:

First class doucher.

Why is he a doucher?
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
dk1115
Sixth Man
And1: 920

Post#8 » by dk1115 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:43 am

Troll post, ignore.
Boomerfan
Banned User
And1: 430

Post#9 » by Boomerfan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:40 am

dk1115 wrote:Troll post, ignore.

Wouldn't say it's a troll post. I've heard similar stories... re: the douche and his sudden religious awakening has something to do with it.

It reminds me of acquaintances I had that suddenly turned religious (This guy was known all his life as 'Knucklehead' because he was such a moron). He suddenly became a Born Again Christian and people commented that they preferred him when he was a non religious prick because at least you knew what you got and he didn't come with the holier than thou attitude :lol:

Having said that O'Neal was good for the team last year... even if he didn't know his limits when it came to posting up on offense. I blame Jackson more for that though, for allowing players to call their own number when we were completely rudderless in offense.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#10 » by Flash Falcon X » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:39 am

JO was great at times. I agree with Boomer that the post ups were more of a Jackson thing. All those iso post ups from several Warriors goes back that season to the OKC game where GSW was up by like 14 in the fourth and still almost lost the game because Jackson decided to keep posting up KD. GSW needed Igoudala's game winning shot just to win that game which should have been sealed long beforehand.

I loved JO's inspirational post game speeches, it's just a bit ironic how he was supposedly such a leader yet he would be the one always trying to yell at referees and getting unnecessary technicals.
#DubNation
turk3d
RealGM

Post#11 » by turk3d » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:59 am

Boomerfan wrote:

Wouldn't say it's a troll post. I've heard similar stories... re: the douche and his sudden religious awakening has something to do with it.

It reminds me of acquaintances I had that suddenly turned religious (This guy was known all his life as 'Knucklehead' because he was such a moron). He suddenly became a Born Again Christian and people commented that they preferred him when he was a non religious prick because at least you knew what you got and he didn't come with the holier than thou attitude :lol:

Having said that O'Neal was good for the team last year... even if he didn't know his limits when it came to posting up on offense. I blame Jackson more for that though, for allowing players to call their own number when we were completely rudderless in offense.

I don't know about "sudden religious awakening" I think his religious beliefs likely go beyond his time being a Warrior (just one year). I suppose that being a Christian must make one a douche.

The behavior of one who calls themselves a Christian, DOES NOT exemplify the behavior of all Christians (nor does it necessarily exemplify the Christian religion as a whole. It amazes me how we have such great religious tolerance for religions (other than Christian), but when it comes to Christians, that's a completely different story it seems.

The guy put out a full page ad thanking us, the fans and he gets called a douche for it, :banghead:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:36 pm

Xplatformer wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:

First class doucher.

Why is he a doucher?

I' ve already explained to others in the thread. Tying it to being a xian is laughable.

Entirely full of himself. Disrespectful to many people who's job was to keep him healthy. Was the dissenting leak re: Jackson being fired and Keer being hired. I said from the moment he got here that he is one of those types. He's a politician in public and a diva behind closed doors. Apparently even during the past year, certain med staff members were 'sick' on certain days to avoid the guy.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1293106&start=0
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:53 pm

Boomerfan wrote:

To be clear, he was supposedly one all along. Or at least as far back as my med contacts go, which is the end of his tenure in Indy.

It's funny to see him defended when people really have no idea.. amazing psychology really. The same types of grown men who run around in their daily life in jerseys.. just baffling how these people are idolized as people instead of just athletes.
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#14 » by InWestWeTrust » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:58 pm

Good for him. Would've loved to keep him for on the court reasons if he wouldn't hurt our chemistry. But he probably would've, glad he didn't comeback and he is probably happy as well (since Jackson is gone).
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#15 » by Xplatformer » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:11 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
Xplatformer wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:

First class doucher.

Why is he a doucher?

I' ve already explained to others in the thread. Tying it to being a xian is laughable.

Entirely full of himself. Disrespectful to many people who's job was to keep him healthy. Was the dissenting leak re: Jackson being fired and Keer being hired. I said from the moment he got here that he is one of those types. He's a politician in public and a diva behind closed doors. Apparently even during the past year, certain med staff members were 'sick' on certain days to avoid the guy.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1293106&start=0

Thanks for explaining. From an outsider looking in he just seemed like a team player that enjoyed playing for his head coach.

You obviously have more information available to you.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#16 » by RoyalMajesty » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:54 pm

I'm going to miss the guy. Love his toughness, the enforcer, our best FT shooting center, and his ability to protect the rim. I just wish the guy can play close to 60 to 65 games. It would be great and keep Andrew Bogut, Festus Ezeli, and Jermaine O'Neal fresh throughout the season.
Bizzy_Bee
Junior
And1: 542

Post#17 » by Bizzy_Bee » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:46 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:
Boomerfan wrote:

To be clear, he was supposedly one all along. Or at least as far back as my med contacts go, which is the end of his tenure in Indy.

It's funny to see him defended when people really have no idea.. amazing psychology really. The same types of grown men who run around in their daily life in jerseys.. just baffling how these people are idolized as people instead of just athletes.

I'm baffled that you're baffled. JO displays himself publicly as a leader and a class act, therefore people take that to mean he is a nice guy off the court. Not a crazy assumption.

You have inside information that says otherwise, but that is information other people don't have. How do you expect people to know what type of person he is without the same information?

Also, no one is idolizing him as a person. People calling a guy a class act is far from idolizing.

With all of that being said I'd imagine you aren't making it up and he is probably difficult to deal with.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by FNQ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Dismissing anything said against him as either a troll post or - still laughably - an attack on Xians makes me think otherwise. If people don't believe me, whatever. I just put the info out there. But to insinuate that any dislike of the guy is based on religion, when many players on the team are religious.. Its not logical, its fanatical. Not in the good way. So idolizing, or denial, or whatever word fits best.. Its just plain weird to take that stance IMO
Chris Porter's Hair
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 3,552

Post#19 » by Chris Porter's Hair » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:55 am

While I don't remember specifics, it is also crawling around in my brain somewhere that on multiple occasions he said things publicly that would have been better kept in the locker room, or seemed divisive and immature.

Things are seldom black and white in life. I doubt he's either 100% role model or douche. It may well be that the same passion that made him a good teammate at times made him a pain in the ass at times. Pretty sure that was true of me when I was working; just ask floppy ;-)

crzyyafrican makes the best sigs, quite frankly
turk3d
RealGM

Post#20 » by turk3d » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:47 am

Before JO came to the Dubs, he was a guy who I didn't like very much. AMOF, he was pretty much a dick (I don't know about Douche), in particular when he played for the Pacers (in the middle of the big fight they had with the Pistons). But my judgement of him (in saying I thought he was a class act) was based on the one year he was with us, as a 35 year old. With regards to him being the "Mystery Man",

That's really conjecture and not fact (I don't think he'd necessarily speak anonymously, that's just not his style and you do say he was vocal and really had nothing to lose). And as for standing up for Jackson, Curry was probably as vocal as anyone regarding Jackson's dismissal (I don't see anyone here calling him a douche).

What I'm more interesting in is how JO did on the court and the respect he had from his teammates, and that's what I'm going to miss the most, his veteran leadership. His season per numbers were as follows:

14.2 ppg on 50.4% shooting, 9.9 rpg, 1.6 bpg and 75% ft shooting.

And he was (believe it or not) our most productive Center during the playoffs until being nailed Big fatass:

averaging per36 18 ppg on 56% shooting, 10.3 rpg, 1.3 bpg on 75% ft shooting. As far as who liked him (and who didn't) throughout his career, I'm only concerned with his teammates and his effort and production with us that one year, and with only one year here,

I find it amusing that he'd invest in a full page ad thanking the fans and some people are calling him a douche. How many guys when they leave us (some having been with the team for many years) do that?

I think he matured quite a bit over the years (coming into the league as an 18 year old) and we had the good fortune of having him during perhaps his last year in the league where all those years of experience came into fruition. And as for the religious aspect, it's already been mentioned by a few times this thread which is what was being responded to, so it's not coming out of left field. I'd hope that wouldn't be the case, however.

Return to Golden State Warriors