ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: Opening Night, Warriors VS Kings (7:00pm PST)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Re: GT: Opening Night, Warriors VS Kings (7:00pm PST) 

Post#281 » by whocurrz » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:36 pm

timlin500 wrote:MIssed teh game. How did Klay and Curry get to the line so much? Have they really improved on that or was it more so the refs calling a ton of fouls?

Refs were calling a ton of fouls. Klay was getting into the lane and pretty easily and I like the aggression but there were times he was a bit out of control and got bailed out. And when he wasn't fouled he wasn't converting in the lane. I actually would have preferred more plays to get him open jump shots because his mid range was fine even though his 3 ball was off. He should attack the basket but I'd still like to see plays run to open up his mid range because he'll face better perimeter defenders and refs who won't be as whistle happy in the future. Glad he took advantage of it last night though.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#282 » by Muggsy Bogues » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:37 pm

timlin500 wrote:MIssed teh game. How did Klay and Curry get to the line so much? Have they really improved on that or was it more so the refs calling a ton of fouls?

Both.
GSWhoopfan
Head Coach
And1: 67

Post#283 » by GSWhoopfan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Klay got FTs I don't care if the refs blow calls he still got them and they still count. I wouldn't say he was getting in the deep in the lane but he was getting one step on the defense but would only use one dribble and then kick out. I guess it's improvement but it's minimal there. Would have been nice for him to take advatange of the rook/Collison switches but oh well. If Klay got into the paint it would be nicer. Iguodala with so far pass of the year to the cutting HB. Thumbs up!

Curry looking to become the best player in the state. Spacing is good.
Lets Go Baron Davis...i dont care what jersey you put on. Lets go.
Big Smooth is focused and ready to handle the centers of the league.
Curry and Ellis will be a top 5 back court this season. 6/25/2010
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#284 » by 510TWSS » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:37 pm

Played solid defense throughout this game I thought. Bogut and Ezeli looked good. Even got an Onion sighting. I wouldn't expect the shooting to be as cold as it was last night however. Klay looks locked in this year. He looks aggressive on the offensive end, but under control. Him pump faking the defender and drawing contact was a thing of beauty last night. Keep it up Klay.
skiz2
Bench Warmer
And1: 184

Post#285 » by skiz2 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:41 pm

Xplatformer wrote:Harrison thinks about ish WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

I see him on the bench with Klay and Shawn Livingston talking to him. Barnes has a look on his face like he's carrying the weight of the world and it's too heavy for him. He needs to stop thinking.

UNC fan here. Same problem he had in college. Full of talent, but needs A LOT of help on the psychological part of the game. He forgot to have fun playing ball.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#286 » by turk3d » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:47 pm

510TWSS wrote:Played solid defense throughout this game I thought. Bogut and Ezeli looked good. Even got an Onion sighting. I wouldn't expect the shooting to be as cold as it was last night however. Klay looks locked in this year. He looks aggressive on the offensive end, but under control. Him pump faking the defender and drawing contact was a thing of beauty last night. Keep it up Klay.

Not to mention his 6 dimes which led the team on a 19 assist, 22 turnover night.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#287 » by Twinkie defense » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:06 pm

The whole game was very disjointed. Lot of fouls called, players probably too amped on both sides. In the second half when Kerr went smallball was when the Warriors put it away.

The depth and flexibility to play all sorts of different lineups is going to be a great boon this season.
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#288 » by WESCO » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Watching the game last night my buddy and I were talking about how klay, at many points, looked like a black hole.
every touch he'd pound the rock.

I'm all for klay but he needs to get his within the offense.

Now against the Kings it wasn't enough to push us to a loss but against better teams it won't work.

Go get that $$$ you deserve though klay
CCComboBreaker
Rookie
And1: 115

Post#289 » by CCComboBreaker » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:10 am

oaktownwarriors87 wrote:
omnificent wrote:
turk3d wrote:Yeah, blame it all on Barnes. No one can hit the broad side of a barn tonight except Bogut, Ezeli and Speights. 1-15 on 3s. That's the same problem he's had in the past. Since non one else can make a shot they wind up shoveling it to Barnes who shouldn't be that high of an option.

Reason for the bad shooting overall: Sac's defense (yes they're a much better defensive team and are really trying hard) and missing Lee. He really is important for our offense (which you can see how this game has gone).

David Lee was the reason we made it out of the first round and didn't make it out of the first round the year after. But don't tell these guys that LOGIC is too much to take.

Stop using the word "logic," you're making it look bad.

Please stop using comma's within the quotation marks, you're making grammar look bad.
Muggsy Bogues
Assistant Coach
And1: 288

Post#290 » by Muggsy Bogues » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:22 am

WESCO wrote:Watching the game last night my buddy and I were talking about how klay, at many points, looked like a black hole.

Now against the Kings it wasn't enough to push us to a loss but against better teams it won't work.

You realize he led the team in assists, right? The eye test doesn't always work, it seems.
Xplatformer
Sixth Man
And1: 271

Post#291 » by Xplatformer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:58 am

WESCO wrote:Watching the game last night my buddy and I were talking about how klay, at many points, looked like a black hole.

You and I didn't watch the same game. But anyway. It could be argued that Klay had one of his worse games in awhile, yet his defense was solid, he had assist and he got to the free throw line.

Lebron is like 1 of 8 in his first game. Guess he's getting dem checks he deserves too.
In 1971, the team moved across the Bay Area to Oakland, and changed its geographic name to Golden State to symbolize the team as representative of the entire state of California
WESCO
Head Coach
And1: 977

Post#292 » by WESCO » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:07 am

I'm not hating klay at all. In fact I'm one of the minority that thinks he can average more then steph this season

But even if Westbrook leads in assists or getting to the line hes still a black hole.

I forgot to mention , I do realize he led the team in assist
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#293 » by hamncheese » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:55 am

omnificent wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Please stop using comma's within the quotation marks, you're making grammar look bad.

Actually, punctuation within the comma is grammatically correct.

See rule 3a here.

Rule 3a. Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks.

Examples:
The sign said, "Walk." Then it said, "Don't Walk," then, "Walk," all within thirty seconds.
He yelled, "Hurry up."
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Post#294 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:36 am

hamncheese wrote:
omnificent wrote:
oaktownwarriors87 wrote:

Actually, punctuation within the comma is grammatically correct.

See rule 3a here.

Rule 3a. Periods and commas always go inside quotation marks.

Examples:
The sign said, "Walk." Then it said, "Don't Walk," then, "Walk," all within thirty seconds.
He yelled, "Hurry up."

Reducing your argument to grammar.... and losing.

The ultimate internet fail.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#295 » by jason bourne » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:35 am

skiz2 wrote:
Xplatformer wrote:Harrison thinks about ish WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much.

I see him on the bench with Klay and Shawn Livingston talking to him. Barnes has a look on his face like he's carrying the weight of the world and it's too heavy for him. He needs to stop thinking.

UNC fan here. Same problem he had in college. Full of talent, but needs A LOT of help on the psychological part of the game. He forgot to have fun playing ball.

I lol'd at your reply, but it's serious as Barnes is too much intellect out there. One of the keys in this league is to have a great SF. That makes things easier to win a championship. There aren't too many except for five or six. Ws fans can dream of Kevin Durant.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#296 » by californiadude » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Bare with me because i've only read the past few thread pages but....
I'm seeing a lot of hate for barnes on the offensive end which to me is a little ridiculous. Was I watching the same game as everyone else? Because I dare you to name one player other than Speights who had a "good" offensive game last night. I mean in my opinion we looked atrocious offensively which is a little disturbing since we fired jackson so we could find a coach that had a more robust offensive system. Klay was 4-14, had 5 turnovers and repeatedly disrupted the offense. Steph was 7-17 (2 for 9 in threes) and had 4 turnovers. Iggy was one for six. So since they had bad games in there first professional basketball game in six months should we bench them too? At least barnes was being assertive and fighting for rebounds. He even had a nice up and under and 1.
Seriously guys barnes is a young player who needs time to grow. I am by no means a barnes fan and I don't know how I feel about him in the starting lineup. But can you give him a couple games before you send him off to the guillotine?
510TWSS
General Manager
And1: 2,864

Post#297 » by 510TWSS » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:59 pm

californiadude wrote:Bare with me because i've only read the past few thread pages but....
I'm seeing a lot of hate for barnes on the offensive end which to me is a little ridiculous. Was I watching the same game as everyone else? Because I dare you to name one player other than Speights who had a "good" offensive game last night. I mean in my opinion we looked atrocious offensively which is a little disturbing since we fired jackson so we could find a coach that had a more robust offensive system. Klay was 4-14, had 5 turnovers and repeatedly disrupted the offense. Steph was 7-17 (2 for 9 in threes) and had 4 turnovers. Iggy was one for six. So since they had bad games in there first professional basketball game in six months should we bench them too? At least barnes was being assertive and fighting for rebounds. He even had a nice up and under and 1.
Seriously guys barnes is a young player who needs time to grow. I am by no means a barnes fan and I don't know how I feel about him in the starting lineup. But can you give him a couple games before you send him off to the guillotine?

We're starting his third year. He's not a rookie anymore. Complaints about him by this time in his career are valid. Time to see the improvement on the court. Everyone had an off night offensively. Each of the other guys you mentioned has had previous success in the league. Barnes doesn't have any prior performance to legitimately hang his hat on yet. I hope he improves too.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#298 » by turk3d » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:11 pm

510TWSS wrote:
californiadude wrote:Bare with me because i've only read the past few thread pages but....

We're starting his third year. He's not a rookie anymore. Complaints about him by this time in his career are valid. Time to see the improvement on the court. Everyone had an off night offensively. Each of the other guys you mentioned has had previous success in the league. Barnes doesn't have any prior performance to legitimately hang his hat on yet. I hope he improves too.

510, maybe no where near as many as the other players mentioned, but how can you discount completely what he did in the San Antonio series a few years ago. A bit unfair which is what I think CaliforniaDude is suggesting.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
californiadude
Sixth Man
And1: 218

Post#299 » by californiadude » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:27 pm

510TWSS wrote:

Barnes is one year older than Klay was in his rookie season. He still younger than guys like gorden Hayward. I've said this before but I'm just not ready to give up on barnes yet. I agree that so far he hasn't shown much promise but like turk said you can't deny what he did to the spurs and nuggets. He shows flashes at times just like he did last night. I think we should give him 20 games before we form a surefire opinion about him.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#300 » by Onus » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 pm

californiadude wrote:
510TWSS wrote:

Barnes is one year older than Klay was in his rookie season. He still younger than guys like gorden Hayward. I've said this before but I'm just not ready to give up on barnes yet. I agree that so far he hasn't shown much promise but like turk said you can't deny what he did to the spurs and nuggets. He shows flashes at times just like he did last night. I think we should give him 20 games before we form a surefire opinion about him.

It's really not age that determines one's viability in the league, historically years in the league is a much better factor. The third year is huge in determining one's prospects in the league. If he doesn't get it by this year then he's going up against historical evidence and he will be an outlier, which means it's possible he becomes good but highly unlikely.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)

Return to Golden State Warriors