Not a bum, but would be a bum if paid >$16M
66%

Total votes: 82

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: The Falcon King - The Harrison Barnes Thread 

Post#1721 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 1:18 am

Barnes does need to try and be the go to scorer when he's in that second unit, so I'm ok with him being more selfish than when he is in the starting unit. So I'm ok with him trying to bring that. If he's successful, we are unstoppable.

But he's got to be under control and slowed down a bit. Definitely not forced.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#1722 » by jason bourne » Mon Nov 2, 2015 8:28 am

Kuya wrote:Barnes has improved his ball handling and first step.

That dunk on Dwight though Image

That was a hellacious dunk. Made top 10 plays of the week and rightly so.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_plays/2015/11/01/20151101-plays-of-the-week.nba/index.html
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#1723 » by Left*My*Heart » Mon Nov 2, 2015 3:40 pm

He looks a little silly trying to take things on now, where he wouldn't last few seasons. He isn't going to be the third wheel or even 4th or 5th cog in the machine. He is doing a better job of abusing smaller players on post ups, but he still has a way to go.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,151

Post#1724 » by cpower » Mon Nov 2, 2015 4:16 pm

Kuya wrote:Barnes has improved his ball handling and first step.

That dunk on Dwight though Image

he still dribbles like the old Barnes, and i dont know why but his dribbling looks strange to me as if he puts too much force on his back and it does not look natural. Tmac , on the other hand, despite his long arm and height, looks a lot controlled than Barnes. It's something can not easily learnt apparently
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#1725 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Nov 2, 2015 4:28 pm

Barnes hasn't improved anything. he is the same tentative guy who every once and a while will bust out a sick dunk to get his fanboys hopes up. It is painful to watch him try to score 1 on 1. His handle is horrible, he has no dribbling moves! Still can't create for himself or others without the defense being in scramble mode first from something his teammates did.

Let's try to win another title with him as our 6th best player and then he can walk or we can try and work a S&T. No interest in paying this guy big bucks long term!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1726 » by Mylie10 » Mon Nov 2, 2015 9:58 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Barnes hasn't improved anything. he is the same tentative guy who every once and a while will bust out a sick dunk to get his fanboys hopes up. It is painful to watch him try to score 1 on 1. His handle is horrible, he has no dribbling moves! Still can't create for himself or others without the defense being in scramble mode first from something his teammates did.

Let's try to win another title with him as our 6th best player and then he can walk or we can try and work a S&T. No interest in paying this guy big bucks long term!

I think you're exaggerating quite a bit.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,262

Post#1727 » by Onus » Mon Nov 2, 2015 10:47 pm

East Bay Sports wrote:Barnes hasn't improved anything. he is the same tentative guy who every once and a while will bust out a sick dunk to get his fanboys hopes up. It is painful to watch him try to score 1 on 1. His handle is horrible, he has no dribbling moves! Still can't create for himself or others without the defense being in scramble mode first from something his teammates did.

He did blow by Trevor Ariza for the dunk on Howard. I don't think he's ever done that in years past (blow by a perimeter defender).
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#1728 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Nov 2, 2015 11:33 pm

Onus wrote:

He did blow by Trevor Ariza for the dunk on Howard. I don't think he's ever done that in years past (blow by a perimeter defender).

I know, but really it was just bad D. It wasn't an impressive move by any stretch, a very simple jab step that he always tries and never works.
East Bay Sports
Lead Assistant

Post#1729 » by East Bay Sports » Mon Nov 2, 2015 11:34 pm

Mylie10 wrote:

I think you're exaggerating quite a bit.

I'm really not.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#1730 » by marthafokker » Mon Nov 2, 2015 11:45 pm

When Curry's on the bench, HB should be able to take over the game, especially 2nd string scrubs. But we have not seen that in 3 games yet.

IMO, same old Barnes that is not worth the max. He should have signed the offer sheet. Joe Smith part 2?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#1731 » by wco81 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:36 am

Some clutch baskets which helped them come back.

Even secured a couple of rebounds against the clippers big lineup in crunch time.
CCComboBreaker
Rookie
And1: 115

Post#1732 » by CCComboBreaker » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:44 am

Barnes will never get the credit he deserves, Warriors don't win without him tonight. Excellent effort. Barnes is one of the best SF in the NBA.
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,151

Post#1733 » by cpower » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:49 am

Yep Barnes stole the game from the clips for us, allowing Curry to do his things in the end. I wish Barnes stepping up more often.
BIG FURB
Sixth Man
And1: 134

Post#1734 » by BIG FURB » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:54 am

I think a lot of y'all are (still) too hard on Barnes. He continues to plays his role effectively, and in the first close game of the season he showed he's capable of stepping up. I've seen some impressive drives to the basket from him this year, resulting in either scores or fouls (post up game has kinda fallen off though). He's rebounding the ball well, defending and is even passing the ball fairly well. I think some people's mentality is he's gonna have to play big every game in order to "earn" that contract, when the reality is on this team he's rarely gonna be needed to play big every game like that. And if he continues to show he's capable of stepping up when needed, and the team has another great playoff run, he's gonna get the money he wants. Shoot, the way this team is clicking on all cylinders right now, why would anyone not want to keep it together.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1735 » by OptionZero » Thu Nov 5, 2015 6:58 am

He was best tonight finishing plays, defending, and rebounding. The MJax-era isolations exposed his limitations - he couldn't score facing up Deandre Jordan or posting up Jamal Crawford. Thats terrible playcalling or recognition from coaching staff and teammates.

When he was the 4th dude touching the ball shooting open 3's or attacking closeouts, or banging bigger dudes to get rebounds, he was excellent. He even hit his FT's (looking at you Iggy)
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#1736 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 5, 2015 8:56 am

marthafokker wrote:When Curry's on the bench, HB should be able to take over the game, especially 2nd string scrubs. But we have not seen that in 3 games yet.

IMO, same old Barnes that is not worth the max. He should have signed the offer sheet. Joe Smith part 2?

That's Klay's job.

I don't understand this board. It's like everyone tries to deflect any criticism away from Thompson and onto Barnes. People are way too soft on Klay and too hard on Barnes, IMO.
likashing
Head Coach
And1: 1,959

Post#1737 » by likashing » Thu Nov 5, 2015 10:06 am

marthafokker wrote:When Curry's on the bench, HB should be able to take over the game, especially 2nd string scrubs. But we have not seen that in 3 games yet.

Not saying HB is worth the max, but Klay already got the max and is not doing that job.

I will complain on HB when he gets the max.
Mark Jackson wrote:Playoff preparation is overrated... I’m going to get my rest. I’m not going to grow old and be stressed out and get gray hair.
Suka Bongcic
Senior
And1: 105

Post#1738 » by Suka Bongcic » Sat Nov 7, 2015 2:21 pm

Another solid outing for falcon. No one on this team will be putting up max player numbers except steph. Doesn't mean they aren't worth it. IMO, falcon is only worth mac money to this warriors team. Whether or not they want to pay the luxury tax for him is another story. He does a bit of everything and his defensive versatility his biggest asset, especially for the warriors style of play. Take him out of the equation and we simply aren't as good. Very good and championship contender? no question. Just not as good and possibly not the best.
OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Post#1739 » by OptionZero » Sat Nov 7, 2015 4:45 pm

Barnes is generally good finishing plays, but good creating them. Same as last year, except maybe less hesitation when he gets rotated the ball

He's been putting work in on the glass and has been good in his defensive assignment where he isn't asked to guard the best scorer in space.

So our scheme and his abilities fit. That's how it's always been under this coaching staff

It's when we go to repeated Barnes ISO or ask him to guard Levron that he looks bad

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums mobile app
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1740 » by Kuya » Sat Nov 7, 2015 9:13 pm

to me, he's been outplaying Klay this season.

Return to Golden State Warriors