Not a bum, but would be a bum if paid >$16M
66%

Total votes: 82

CCComboBreaker
Rookie
And1: 115

Re: The Falcon King - The Harrison Barnes Thread 

Post#2061 » by CCComboBreaker » Fri May 13, 2016 2:30 am

I'm dead serious Kuya and you know it! Barnes is better than Green. Always has been, always will be.
Suka Bongcic
Senior
And1: 105

Post#2062 » by Suka Bongcic » Fri May 13, 2016 3:40 am

CCComboBreaker wrote:I'm dead serious Kuya and you know it! Barnes is better than Green. Always has been, always will be.

No, you're not serious. If somehow you actually did believe that, you'd be the only person in the entire world that feels that way. 0% chance you're speaking the truth. Troll 100%
Suka Bongcic
Senior

Post#2063 » by Suka Bongcic » Fri May 13, 2016 3:48 am

DynastySS wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:
DynastySS wrote:

How else would you describe a guy with all the talent and elite training in the world who can only muster 9 PPG on .357% FG shooting when the MVP is out? He is literally guarded by the worst player on the floor every time, and even when the likes of Draymond and Klay demand all the attention, that is all he can do?

You can't be that gifted and hover around mediocrity without their being something wrong with you.

I wouldn't describe him as a mental midget. Underachiever sounds more like it. He wasn't guarded by the worst defender every time down the court. You love to exaggerate, that's obvious.

You can be that gifted and hover around mediocrity without being a mental midget. Something is wrong, I agree. I just disagree with you saying he's a mental midget, as well as being guarded by the worst player on the court all game. You take your sentiments to the extreme. Extreme to the point where your statement is incorrect and exaggerated.

Barnes: wildly inconsistent, loaded with physical gifts, has a nice jumper and footwork, hands and handle that need lots of work (and lots of work might not even fix it), solid and versatile defensively, not as good of a rebounder as he should be, a team player that plays within the system, has a clutch trait in him. Is that worth 17+ a year? No. He had his chance to resign and stay with the best team in the league. He lost. He's a good role player for a championship team. He might be be sorely missed if he leaves. He might not. The enigma of Harrison Barnes.

Hyperbolic I will grant you. And I think your take at the end is pretty spot on.

He is guarded by the worst defender though, and that is difficult to argue with. Who does SA put on him? Tony **** Parker. The Rockets? James 'I don't even pretend to play defense' Harden. Trailblazers? Lillard. Yikes.

If OKC advances they will hide someone on him too.

The fact is part of the reason he was atrocious coming off the bench with MJax is both the pressure to carry the load offensively, but also the fact that a real defender would be guarding him at any given time. It is frightening that he is only able to muster what he currently produces against the weakest defender on the floor while being supported by the amount of offensive talent in the starting lineup.

At the end of the day I do love that semi-yearly clutch moment, and I do think he does a decent job on the boards and guarding some versatile players. He clearly has a purpose on our championship team, but I truly pity the next team that offers him outrageous money and expects him to perform at even 1/4 of the contract value.

Aminu is the worst defender? Harkless is the worst defender? Lilliard is the worst defender? McCollum is the worst defender? Do you watch the games? He's guarded by different people all the time. And not just during switches. Vs Houston, Ariza was on him a good amount of time, brewer was on him sometimes. Not just harden. Vs the Spurs, kawai started out on him and was defending him a good while during the season. Teams switch up defenders. He's not always being guarded by the worst defender. You're exaggerating.

And expects him to perform at even 1/4 of his contract value? So you're saying he's not even worth 3-5 mill a year. You're exaggerating
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#2064 » by marthafokker » Fri May 13, 2016 3:58 am

So you are saying Barnes going to re-up for 3-5 miles a year? Where does GSW sign? :lol: He will get paid less than this sucky year.. that is so funny.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Suka Bongcic
Senior

Post#2065 » by Suka Bongcic » Fri May 13, 2016 1:13 pm

marthafokker wrote:So you are saying Barnes going to re-up for 3-5 miles a year? Where does GSW sign? :lol: He will get paid less than this sucky year.. that is so funny.

No. He's going to sign somewhere for 12-20 mill a year......
BaggageHandler
Junior
And1: 62

Post#2066 » by BaggageHandler » Fri May 13, 2016 2:03 pm

Black Falcon wrote:
marthafokker wrote:So you are saying Barnes going to re-up for 3-5 miles a year? Where does GSW sign? :lol: He will get paid less than this sucky year.. that is so funny.

12?

He just rejected 16m a year offer from the best team in basketball. You're just so damn clueless.
Suka Bongcic
Senior

Post#2067 » by Suka Bongcic » Fri May 13, 2016 2:56 pm

BaggageHandler wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:

12?

He just rejected 16m a year offer from the best team in basketball. You're just so damn clueless.

Somewhere in between 12-20 million. That doesn't mean he'll sign for 12 million. That means he'll sign for something IN BETWEEN 12-20 million. Most likely 16-20. Based on his play this season, it should be between 12-16. True story, coming from his biggest non delusional fan.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#2068 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri May 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Black Falcon wrote:
BaggageHandler wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:No. He's going to sign somewhere for 12-20 mill a year......

12?

Somewhere in between 12-20 million. That doesn't mean he'll sign for 12 million. That means he'll sign for something IN BETWEEN 12-20 million. Most likely 16-20. Based on his play this season, it should be between 12-16. True story, coming from his biggest non delusional fan.

I agree that his true range should be 12-16mil, but he has promises for more. The free agency thing is all BS IMO. A lot of us thought he was nuts to turn down 16m, but the thing is, his agent has reached out to other teams and they know what his value is. What he has done this season really doesn't affect those GMs who feel he is not being used to his fullest and still has a ceiling left. I think it is delusional, but the guy is going to be paid close to the max if not the max by some team desperate to make a splash in free agency.

I thought this stuff was going on behind the scenes and Bogut was the one that came out and said such. He said, he had offers from other teams, if he was gong to become a free agent and he was bringing those numbers into his negotiations with the Warriors.

It wouldn't surprise me if Barnes already knows what team he will be playing for next season, but he is probably more about the money than what team he prefers, so he may just wait for the bidding to begin.
CCComboBreaker
Rookie

Post#2069 » by CCComboBreaker » Fri May 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Black Falcon wrote:
CCComboBreaker wrote:I'm dead serious Kuya and you know it! Barnes is better than Green. Always has been, always will be.

No, you're not serious. If somehow you actually did believe that, you'd be the only person in the entire world that feels that way. 0% chance you're speaking the truth. Troll 100%

You're not a Barnes fan close your mouth faker.

And Barnes is better than Green I don't care who else agrees. In a 1 on 1 game Green would get chewed up by Barnes.
BaggageHandler
Junior
And1: 62

Post#2070 » by BaggageHandler » Fri May 13, 2016 5:43 pm

CCComboBreaker wrote:
Black Falcon wrote:

You're not a Barnes fan close your mouth faker.

And Barnes is better than Green I don't care who else agrees. In a 1 on 1 game Green would get chewed up by Barnes.

DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#2071 » by DynastySS » Fri May 13, 2016 6:57 pm

Real talk, there is a 0% chance that even Barnes or Barnes' mother thinks he is better than Green. All signs point to Barnes being a smart guy.

Black Falcon - Yes, Lillard is the worst defender in that starting rotation. He is also the midget on the team being throw on 6'8 Barnes. Same way Parker gets thrown on Barnes. I would have to go back to the tape, but Leonard was certainly guarding Curry most of the time in the games.

But yes, it is a fluid basketball game and switches and new rotations come in all the time. Fact is, game plans are made to from the get-go to hide the weaker defender on Barnes. We saw it all year, saw it against Houston, saw it against Portland and will certainly see it against OKC. My guess is they put Westbrook on him so he can roam, disrupt passing lanes and try to leak out for fast break opportunities.

I am a little bewildered why this would be a shocking or offensive concept. There are only 5 players out there at any given point. He is not going to be guarded by the center. Of the four remaining starters he is easily the weakest scorer. Why wouldn't a team hide someone on him? His 6 PPG and 36% FG shooting isn't forcing a team's hand to mix things up...
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
Suka Bongcic
Senior

Post#2072 » by Suka Bongcic » Fri May 13, 2016 7:07 pm

DynastySS wrote:Real talk, there is a 0% chance that even Barnes or Barnes' mother thinks he is better than Green. All signs point to Barnes being a smart guy.

Black Falcon - Yes, Lillard is the worst defender in that starting rotation. He is also the midget on the team being throw on 6'8 Barnes. Same way Parker gets thrown on Barnes. I would have to go back to the tape, but Leonard was certainly guarding Curry most of the time in the games.

But yes, it is a fluid basketball game and switches and new rotations come in all the time. Fact is, game plans are made to from the get-go to hide the weaker defender on Barnes. We saw it all year, saw it against Houston, saw it against Portland and will certainly see it against OKC. My guess is they put Westbrook on him so he can roam, disrupt passing lanes and try to leak out for fast break opportunities.

I am a little bewildered why this would be a shocking or offensive concept. There are only 5 players out there at any given point. He is not going to be guarded by the center. Of the four remaining starters he is easily the weakest scorer. Why wouldn't a team hide someone on him? His 6 PPG and 36% FG shooting isn't forcing a team's hand to mix things up...

Lilliard wasn't guarding Barnes even the majority of the time in the series. Go watch the games again. Aminu and harkless, both god defenders, were guarding Barnes more than Lilliard. I understand there are switches. Before the switches, aminu and harkless were defending Barnes a good % of the game. True story
CCComboBreaker
Rookie

Post#2073 » by CCComboBreaker » Fri May 13, 2016 7:26 pm

DynastySS wrote:Real talk, there is a 0% chance that even Barnes or Barnes' mother thinks he is better than Green. All signs point to Barnes being a smart guy.

Yeah right, Barnes' mother thinks Green is better. Barnes thinks Green is better, yet won't accept being paid less than Green. DUMB.

Except for the fact that Barnes was guarding the other teams best offensive player in both series. You are quick to bring up Harden guarding Barnes, but willfully ignore Barnes guarding Harden on the other end.

Most teams don't bother switching every possession, so if Barnes is guarding Harden, than Harden will guard Barnes by default. Same with Lillard. Using that to somehow make the case that this somehow reflects on Barnes' offensive ability is silly.
Suka Bongcic
Senior

Post#2074 » by Suka Bongcic » Fri May 13, 2016 7:43 pm

Black Falcon wrote:

Lilliard wasn't guarding Barnes even the majority of the time in the series. Go watch the games again. Aminu and harkless, both good defenders, were guarding Barnes more than Lilliard. I understand there are switches. Before the switches, aminu and harkless were defending Barnes a good % of the game. True story
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#2075 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri May 13, 2016 7:44 pm

CCComboBreaker wrote:

Yeah right, Barnes' mother thinks Green is better. Barnes thinks Green is better, yet won't accept being paid less than Green. DUMB.

Except for the fact that Barnes was guarding the other teams best offensive player in both series. You are quick to bring up Harden guarding Barnes, but willfully ignore Barnes guarding Harden on the other end.

Most teams don't bother switching every possession, so if Barnes is guarding Harden, than Harden will guard Barnes by default. Same with Lillard. Using that to somehow make the case that this somehow reflects on Barnes' offensive ability is silly.

How much did Barnes guard Harden and Lillard?
DynastySS
General Manager
And1: 1,936

Post#2076 » by DynastySS » Fri May 13, 2016 8:39 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:
CCComboBreaker wrote:

How much did Barnes guard Harden and Lillard?

I oddly remember Klay guarding both of them for the VAST majority of the time.

Strange.
omnificent wrote:The fact you doubt that Barnes is a better player than Green discredits anything you have to say about this team. You're either blind or don't watch Warriors games. Even the most delusional Green groupie wouldn't doubt that Barnes is the better player
CCComboBreaker
Rookie

Post#2077 » by CCComboBreaker » Fri May 13, 2016 8:47 pm

DynastySS wrote:I oddly remember Klay guarding both of them for the VAST majority of the time.

Strange.

Nope. That was Barnes guarding Lillard late in the 4th quarter. Go back and look.

Barnes guarded both the majority of the time.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#2078 » by and1GS » Fri May 13, 2016 10:41 pm

"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#2079 » by Coxy » Sat May 14, 2016 7:39 am

CCComboBreaker is a fantastic account. I can read it all day long.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2080 » by Mylie10 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:04 pm

CCComboBreaker wrote:
DynastySS wrote:I oddly remember Klay guarding both of them for the VAST majority of the time.

Strange.

Nope. That was Barnes guarding Lillard late in the 4th quarter. Go back and look.

Barnes guarded both the majority of the time.

You can't point to one or two possessions and make a proclamation about a guy.

He may have picked up Lillard on a possession, but don't make it sound like he checked Lillard for any length of time.

Go make your bed and put your clothes away. Your mother took the time to fold them, now you put them away!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...

Return to Golden State Warriors